Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

How many more years will your religion last ?

Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2016 12:51:50 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
Every religion has a used by date.

Give it a guess, when will your religion be simply laughed off and considered a joke. More then it is now ?
Could you Imagine people in 500 years talking about the people living in the 21st century, and how stupid they were to believe in God's.

We can't expect to keep up this charade for much longer can we ?
Having a God back in the day was somewhat understandable. But now it's just getting a little childish, and downright ludicrous. All ya God's combined and still nothing. If you can't prove or disprove God, why the hell would you worship him, and live your whole existence according to him.
What else do you believe in so so much that you lot can't prove ?

It's only common sense God doesn't exist.

My guess is your religions will die about 2450ish.
Unless you lot can perform magic. Good luck with the nothingness.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2016 7:25:33 PM
At 7/29/2016 12:51:50 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:

Give it a guess, when will your religion be simply laughed off and considered a joke. More then it is now ?
Could you Imagine people in 500 years talking about the people living in the 21st century, and how stupid they were to believe in God's.

Having a God back in the day was somewhat understandable. But now it's just getting a little childish, and downright ludicrous. All ya God's combined and still nothing. If you can't prove or disprove God, why the hell would you worship him, and live your whole existence according to him.

Sorry, but modern secular society is just a tiny blip in history. Religion and stupidity and barbarism will dominate once again.,enjoy it while you can.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2016 9:06:52 PM
At 7/29/2016 7:25:33 PM, janesix wrote:

Sorry, but modern secular society is just a tiny blip in history. Religion and stupidity and barbarism will dominate once again.,enjoy it while you can.

So I'll put you down for 112 years before your religion is considered a joke. Enjoy it while you can.
Oh that's right , you cant,
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2016 9:10:23 PM
At 7/29/2016 9:06:52 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:

So I'll put you down for 112 years before your religion is considered a joke. Enjoy it while you can.

Which religion are you talking about, genius?
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2016 9:10:27 PM

Sorry janesix that was not for you . Well kind of.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2016 9:11:40 PM
At 7/29/2016 9:10:23 PM, janesix wrote:

All of em. It will be a domino effect.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2016 10:23:31 PM
At 7/29/2016 9:11:40 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:

Honestly, what makes you think so? Humans are superstitious barbarians. What makes you think secularism can survive?
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2016 10:57:28 PM

Response: Islam is too infinite. Atheism will be the one that likely does out.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2016 11:04:12 PM
At 7/29/2016 10:23:31 PM, janesix wrote:

Honestly, what makes you think so? Humans are superstitious barbarians. What makes you think secularism can survive?

I've been trying to answer now for about 30 mins.
And truth be told . I can't . You've gone and ruined my thread. If all religions where disproved , I'm sure religions would begin. Nice work janesix.
Humans are superstitious, barbarians. Long and short. I'm going to work on this.
Really 6 . Ty.
someloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2016 11:05:47 PM
OP confirmed confirmed to be 14 years old.
Ego sum qui sum. Deus lo vult.

"America is ungovernable; those who served the revolution have plowed the sea." - Simon Bolivar

"A healthy nation is as unconscious of its nationality as a healthy man of his bones. But if you break a nation's nationality it will think of nothing else but getting it set again." - George Bernard Shaw
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2016 11:08:03 PM
At 7/29/2016 11:04:12 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 7/29/2016 10:23:31 PM, janesix wrote:

I've been trying to answer now for about 30 mins.
And truth be told . I can't . You've gone and ruined my thread. If all religions where disproved , I'm sure religions would begin. Nice work janesix.
Humans are superstitious, barbarians. Long and short. I'm going to work on this.
Really 6 . Ty.

I hope you're right. I grew up in an atheist utopia, and i would prefer to see the entire world look like the pacific northwest. Great place to live.
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 2:53:59 PM

We live in an age of science and information never before experienced by humans. Anyone that is skeptical about whether snakes can talk or whether someone can build a homemade boat and gather up all the species on the planet on it for a year can simply look up both arguments in a matter of seconds. Contrast that with an age where many people had never owned a book.

I predict that religion will die a slow death over the next 100-200 years. I think in another 50-100 years, people that still believe in silly stories will be like the Mormons and Scientologists that don't talk about what they believe specifically out of embarrassment.
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 2:58:38 PM

I don't think that is true. Stupidity and barbarism has been on the decline for the last few hundred years. Accessibility to information will only increase leading to religions' decline.

The internet has been the worst thing that has ever happened to religion. Just look at the numbers. Religiosity has been on the decline in civilized society ever since. Uncivilized societies will become increasingly civilized from increased cheap access to information.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 4:22:50 PM
At 7/30/2016 2:53:59 PM, matt8800 wrote:

We live in an age of science and information never before experienced by humans. Anyone that is skeptical about whether snakes can talk or whether someone can build a homemade boat and gather up all the species on the planet on it for a year can simply look up both arguments in a matter of seconds. Contrast that with an age where many people had never owned a book.

I predict that religion will die a slow death over the next 100-200 years. I think in another 50-100 years, people that still believe in silly stories will be like the Mormons and Scientologists that don't talk about what they believe specifically out of embarrassment.

I am kind of in this same boat with you on this . Our times being close and all .
But my explanation of it might be a little silly . Now get this , don't laugh Matt.

I thought , think , religion will end with technology.
Stay with me .
In 300 years there will be a machine like thing that we put on our heads at night that records our dreams in live footage.
Lol I do . Are you still with me .
And then 50 after this machine and with this machine we will be able to some how experience what the person wearing it is experiencing. Then we can experience what a dead person experiences , wich is, the nothing. Thus collapsing religion.

There I said it an got it off my chest. This is silly I know .
But I have no god so I think I can pretend to know things like this.
Sorry for putting you through this post.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 4:28:17 PM
What the hell , that last post was not me saying that .

I just walked in me room and found my cat laying on the keyboard .
And it seems he sent that silly nonsense.
Stupid cat.
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 5:05:31 PM
At 7/30/2016 4:28:17 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
What the hell , that last post was not me saying that .

I just walked in me room and found my cat laying on the keyboard .
And it seems he sent that silly nonsense.
Stupid cat.

lol, my dog likes to pontificate about the future also. Especially when he smokes marijuana (habit he gained from someone else - *wink*)

Actually, your cat's idea might not be too ridiculous.

Here is what we know now:

Very basic thoughts can be transmitted electronically - http://abcnews.go.com...

If they can get the transmission much more precise, it might be possible to have access to all the information and calculation available in the world, direct to our head, instantaneously via a wireless implant. Kind of like a real time google in our head. Want to know what scientists think about Noahs ark? Information is instantaneously delivered directly to your brain without getting off the couch.

How our reasoning and critical thinking processes it is a variable but, just like science, I think we will make progress on educating people about basic critical thinking skills.

Bye bye religion :)