Jump to topic:

Catholic Absolution is a 'Flush Toilet'

zeromeansnothing
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2016 3:16:45 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
'Absolution is an integral part of the Sacrament of Penance, in Roman Catholicism. The penitent makes a sacramental confession of all mortal sins to a priest and prays an act of contrition.'

Absolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There you have it, a 'Virtual Loo' ie just pull the handle and flush.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2016 3:21:19 PM
At 7/29/2016 3:16:45 PM, zeromeansnothing wrote:
'Absolution is an integral part of the Sacrament of Penance, in Roman Catholicism. The penitent makes a sacramental confession of all mortal sins to a priest and prays an act of contrition.'

Absolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There you have it, a 'Virtual Loo' ie just pull the handle and flush.

Do you take a snorkel or just hold your breath?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
zeromeansnothing
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2016 7:09:05 PM
'Open Defecation'
About one billion people, or 15 percent of the global population, practice open defecation. India has the highest number of people practicing open defecation: around 490 million people, or nearly a third of the population. Most of it occurs in rural areas, where the prevalence is estimated at 52 percent of the population, as opposed to urban areas, where prevalence is estimated at 7.5 percent. The other countries with the highest number of people openly defecating are Indonesia (54 million people), followed by Pakistan (41 million people), Nigeria (39 million), Ethiopia (34 million), and Sudan (17 million)

Wik
zeromeansnothing
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2016 8:27:27 PM
My previous submission is to illustrate real and historical alternatives to that which we now consider as an absolute normal necessity. The flush toilet is a marvelous invention of man that has reduced levels of disease and infection wherever it has been used. It is not without its problems? Can you think of any of these?
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2016 8:48:26 PM
At 7/29/2016 7:09:05 PM, zeromeansnothing wrote:
'Open Defecation'
About one billion people, or 15 percent of the global population, practice open defecation. India has the highest number of people practicing open defecation: around 490 million people, or nearly a third of the population. Most of it occurs in rural areas, where the prevalence is estimated at 52 percent of the population, as opposed to urban areas, where prevalence is estimated at 7.5 percent. The other countries with the highest number of people openly defecating are Indonesia (54 million people), followed by Pakistan (41 million people), Nigeria (39 million), Ethiopia (34 million), and Sudan (17 million)

That's interesting. The British number is 1 when MadCornishBiker is talking/typing.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
zeromeansnothing
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2016 9:12:19 PM
hi annanicole,

I thought this fact was interesting as well. My parents were very poor and we had an 'open defecation' routine in our first house until I was 7 yrs old. That's 50 yrs ago now so you can guess why I idolize the 'flush loo'. Keep contributing to this thread by telling us what the problems are with the flush loo. We can do catholic absolution and redemption later.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2016 9:32:44 PM
At 7/29/2016 7:09:05 PM, zeromeansnothing wrote:
'Open Defecation'

Wik
Many countries in the list do not believe it is hygenic to defecate in the same home that they pray, eat and sleep in. They prefer to use the outdoors so they can keep there homes clean. They also don't allow people to wear shoes into their temples.

The west do not have the same concept of hygiene and will defecate in the same place they live, they will even allow others to treat their home like a toilet. Go Figure!!!
zeromeansnothing
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2016 9:49:40 PM
Hi Harikrish,

The Wik article on 'Open Defecation' does not support your observation. The article is accompanied by the following image. It is a simple fact that when 'you have to go, you have to go'.

https://upload.wikimedia.org...
zeromeansnothing
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 7:06:25 AM
What is 'guilt'.

This would seem to be an almost uniquely human commodity.
Can you offer an opinion on this to get things started here. Debating on the weekend on this site is like 'pulling your own teeth'. Are DOrgers using their work/school computers to pass their time on this site, Mon to Fri? Can you answer these two questions for me?