Jump to topic:

Atheism by nature is deception

SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 4:55:36 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
Atheism is the position that does not believe in God.

God is defined as "The Ultimate Reality" or "The Supreme Being"

Because atheism is a position that does not acknowledge the existence of God, it is a position that does not believe in truth and reality.

Because the position of atheism does not acknowledge truth and reality, it discredits the person representing the position from their opinion concerning the truth and reality.

An atheist by definition is someone who lacks conviction about anything, so despite many of their posturing, they have adopted an intellectually indefensible position.

Don't be fooled by Satan into doubt concerning God, no, God is a surety. How hopeless are those who deny The One who gives them breath!
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 4:57:39 PM
At 7/30/2016 4:55:36 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

Because atheism is a position that does not acknowledge the existence of God, it is a position that does not believe in truth and reality.

Because the position of atheism does not acknowledge truth and reality, it discredits the person representing the position from their opinion concerning the truth and reality.

An atheist by definition is someone who lacks conviction about anything, so despite many of their posturing, they have adopted an intellectually indefensible position.

Don't be fooled by Satan into doubt concerning God, no, God is a surety. How hopeless are those who deny The One who gives them breath!

You just can't get enough of spitting venom at those who don't share your insane beliefs.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 5:01:38 PM
At 7/30/2016 4:57:39 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
You just can't get enough of spitting venom at those who don't share your insane beliefs.

The Godless are by nature arbitrary. They believe that everyone else is just as arbitrary as they are.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 5:12:50 PM
At 7/30/2016 5:01:38 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 7/30/2016 4:57:39 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

The Godless are by nature arbitrary. They believe that everyone else is just as arbitrary as they are.

At least, no one can ever accuse you of being constipated.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 5:17:19 PM

Your assertion rests on the idea that the god, as defined in the Christian Bible, exists.

Me: How do you know your god exists?
You: Because he is the ultimate reality.
Me: How do you know he is the ultimate reality?
You: Because god said so in the bible.
Me: How do you know the bible is correct?
You: Because god said so in the bible.

(facepalm)
Omniverse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 5:17:43 PM

God is defined as "The Ultimate Reality"

By you, that is.

or "The Supreme Being"

Lie.

Because the position of atheism does not acknowledge truth and reality,

Lie.

;it discredits the person representing the position from their opinion concerning the truth and reality.

Lie.
As a matter of fact, you're one of the most dishonest individuals around here, you the pick-and-choose syncretic guy.

An atheist by definition is someone who lacks conviction about anything,

Lie.

so despite many of their posturing, they have adopted an intellectually indefensible position.

Lie.

You lack the talent as a novelist.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 5:20:32 PM

Says the man(?) who lies about his age.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 5:27:53 PM
No amount of cleverness or wit is going to change the fact that you God deniers are clearly in the wrong.

It's plain as day, you only deceive yourselves.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 5:34:08 PM
At 7/30/2016 5:27:53 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
No amount of cleverness or wit is going to change the fact that you God deniers are clearly in the wrong.

At least, we aren't like you who tries to deceive everyone else.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 5:41:58 PM
At 7/30/2016 5:34:08 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Deceive is defined as "to cause to accept as true or valid what is false or invalid"

I take no responsibility for those who are deceived by reading my words, for The Spirit of Truth is behind what I'm saying, and I have no control over the clouded hearts of those who interpret what I say.

Yet you are among the most active posters on this forum. Surely, if what I am saying is correct, by your own standards you would be among the deceivers, not me.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 5:46:04 PM
At 7/30/2016 5:41:58 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

Deceive is defined as "to cause to accept as true or valid what is false or invalid"

I take no responsibility for those who are deceived by reading my words,

Of course, you don't, that is why your words cannot be taken seriously, let alone the fact they are the words of a raving lunatic.

for The Spirit of Truth is behind what I'm saying, and I have no control over the clouded hearts of those who interpret what I say.

You may consider going back on the meds, then, to regain control of yourself.

Yet you are among the most active posters on this forum. Surely, if what I am saying is correct, by your own standards you would be among the deceivers, not me.

Surely, nothing you say about atheism is correct.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 5:50:26 PM

-sigh- No, you see, when you say what God is defined as, you are making a claim that such is true.

Lets say it again.

A -claim- that such is true.

Now, one more time, for effect.

Much in the same vein as I can state that gremlins caused my car's AC to go defunct, and gremlins, according to the dictionary are "mischievous sprite(s) regarded as responsible for an unexplained problem or fault, especially a mechanical or electronic one.", that doesn't inherently make such a claim true.

Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 5:54:33 PM
Oh yes, my claims about atheism are indeed correct. Atheists don't know what they are doing.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 6:00:21 PM
At 7/30/2016 5:54:33 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Oh yes, my claims about atheism are indeed correct. Atheists don't know what they are doing.

Says the bloke who lies about his age.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 6:16:49 PM
At 7/30/2016 5:50:26 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

-sigh- No, you see, when you say what God is defined as, you are making a claim that such is true.

Lets say it again.

In other words, you want the word to be defined by anyone other than the people who have the authority to define the word. The only people who dispute the definition at all are atheists who have realized the inanity of their position and are too prideful to repent. The only thing they do to people who know better is prove how arbitrary they are.

There is no such thing as an atheist, they almost universally declare atheism because of some type of idolatry. I tell you, one thing is very certain. There are no atheists in hell.
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 6:21:25 PM

Wrong.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 6:27:45 PM
At 7/30/2016 6:16:49 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

Lets say it again.

In other words, you want the word to be defined by anyone other than the people who have the authority to define the word. The only people who dispute the definition at all are atheists who have realized the inanity of their position and are too prideful to repent. The only thing they do to people who know better is prove how arbitrary they are.

-deeper sigh- Wow, this still isn't sinking? The definition is not in dispute. The application of the definition is. Did gremlins really sabotage my car? Gremlins are clearly defined, and my AC was busted, ergo gremlins, right? That is a sample of the logic you are using to declare your -claim- to be truth.

There is no such thing as an atheist, they almost universally declare atheism because of some type of idolatry. I tell you, one thing is very certain. There are no atheists in hell.

And God is an Atheist. Its all about perspective.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 6:34:32 PM
At 7/30/2016 6:27:45 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Lets say it again.

-deeper sigh- Wow, this still isn't sinking? The definition is not in dispute. The application of the definition is. Did gremlins really sabotage my car? Gremlins are clearly defined, and my AC was busted, ergo gremlins, right? That is a sample of the logic you are using to declare your -claim- to be truth.

You're coming off as ridiculous to me, and I'm finding it increasingly hard to take you seriously.

It seems obvious to me that there is something off on your end.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 6:36:05 PM
At 7/30/2016 6:21:25 PM, matt8800 wrote:

Wrong.

Well, maybe I'm not giving ya'll enough credit for deceiving others. I can go with that.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 6:36:35 PM
At 7/30/2016 6:34:32 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

Lets say it again.

You're coming off as ridiculous to me, and I'm finding it increasingly hard to take you seriously.

Yes, it's you that is off. Your rocker.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 6:50:28 PM
Everyone reading this topic should remember what I said in the OP, it'll make everything a lot clearer.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 7:09:13 PM

Lets say it again.

... and? My job is not to convince you, just demonstrate why your argument is not convince ing. "The dictionary defines", therefore its true is not a convincing argument, and that is all you have been parading. God is defined as "The Ultimate Reality" or "The Supreme Being".

So.

What.

The dictionary defines thousands of things that do not in practicality exist, its all about a perception of those things being compiled for common usage. Not the veracity as to whether or not such a concept works in practicality, or exists in practicality.

What about "Because the dictionary defines it, it is not a basis for truth application" is 'off' to you?
HeavenlyPanda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 7:15:11 PM

Said the Pharisee...
HeavenlyPanda. The most heavenly of all heavenly creatures.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 7:29:14 PM
At 7/30/2016 7:09:13 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Lets say it again.

... and? My job is not to convince you, just demonstrate why your argument is not convince ing. "The dictionary defines", therefore its true is not a convincing argument, and that is all you have been parading. God is defined as "The Ultimate Reality" or "The Supreme Being".

So.

What.

The dictionary defines thousands of things that do not in practicality exist, its all about a perception of those things being compiled for common usage. Not the veracity as to whether or not such a concept works in practicality, or exists in practicality.

What about "Because the dictionary defines it, it is not a basis for truth application" is 'off' to you?

God is defined to be true. If it's not true, it doesn't fulfill the definition, and therefore you are speaking of something other than what is being defined.

It's like you people don't understand what a definition is.
Looncall
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 7:39:32 PM
At 7/30/2016 7:29:14 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

Lets say it again.

So.

What.

God is defined to be true. If it's not true, it doesn't fulfill the definition, and therefore you are speaking of something other than what is being defined.

What rubbish! Things cannot be defined into existence. Otherwise we would be up to our necks in unicorns, leprechauns etc.

Anyhow, existence is not an attribute and so cannot be part of a definition.
The metaphysicist has no laboratory.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 7:46:13 PM
At 7/30/2016 7:39:32 PM, Looncall wrote:

Lets say it again.

So.

What.

What rubbish! Things cannot be defined into existence. Otherwise we would be up to our necks in unicorns, leprechauns etc.

Defined into existence? I'm not saying that. I'm saying that if an object is defined to have 4 legs, and the object you are looking at has 6 legs, the 6 legged object is not the object defined to have 4 legs.

God is The Ultimate Reality. How can you deny God? You only deny your conceptions of God, not The One True God. God is not mocked.
Looncall
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 8:17:04 PM
At 7/30/2016 7:46:13 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

Lets say it again.

So.

What.

Defined into existence? I'm not saying that. I'm saying that if an object is defined to have 4 legs, and the object you are looking at has 6 legs, the 6 legged object is not the object defined to have 4 legs.

God is The Ultimate Reality. How can you deny God? You only deny your conceptions of God, not The One True God. God is not mocked.

Nuts, I mock god frequently and am not troubled by lightning bolts and have so far not been inconvenienced by any unnatural disasters.
The metaphysicist has no laboratory.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 8:23:02 PM
At 7/30/2016 8:17:04 PM, Looncall wrote:
At 7/30/2016 7:46:13 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

Lets say it again.

So.

What.

Nuts, I mock god frequently and am not troubled by lightning bolts and have so far not been inconvenienced by any unnatural disasters.

Obviously, you don't know what I'm talking about then.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 11:31:58 PM

Definition - noun. a statement of the exact meaning of a word, especially in a dictionary.

Leprechaun - noun. a small, mischievous sprite.

Notice, SaT, that Leprechaun is defined as a small, mischievous sprite. It is the meaning of the word based on the definition of the word "Definition". It says nothing about or alludes to Leprechauns existing simply because the word is defined in a dictionary. The same applies to your God/Ultimate Reality definition.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2016 1:19:41 AM
At 7/30/2016 11:31:58 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Definition - noun. a statement of the exact meaning of a word, especially in a dictionary.

Leprechaun - noun. a small, mischievous sprite.

Notice, SaT, that Leprechaun is defined as a small, mischievous sprite. It is the meaning of the word based on the definition of the word "Definition". It says nothing about or alludes to Leprechauns existing simply because the word is defined in a dictionary. The same applies to your God/Ultimate Reality definition.

I like Merriam Webster's definition better.

Full Definition of leprechaun
.: a mischievous elf of Irish folklore usually believed to reveal the hiding place of treasure if caught

Surely, Leprechauns exist in Irish folklore.

Now, as I've said before, I'm not magically defining anything into existence, I'm saying that if something is defined as having hair, and you are thinking of something with feathers, your conceptualization doesn't match what is being defined.

In other words, when you talk about "God", you aren't respecting the definition. You are talking about something else.

Full Definition of definition
.: an act of determining; specifically : the formal proclamation of a Roman Catholic dogma
a : a statement expressing the essential nature of something
b : a statement of the meaning of a word or word group or a sign or symbol <dictionary definitions>
c : a product of defining
.: the action or process of stating the meaning of a word or word group
a : the action or the power of describing, explaining, or making definite and clear <the definition of a telescope> <her comic genius is beyond definition>
b (1) : clarity of visual presentation : distinctness of outline or detail <improve the definition of an image> (2) : clarity especially of musical sound in reproduction
c : sharp demarcation of outlines or limits

Pay special attention to definition 2 a