Jump to topic:

I am a Monotheistic Fundamentalist

SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 5:26:12 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
"a movement or attitude stressing strict and literal adherence to a set of basic principles"

My fundamentalism is based off of the belief that God is The Supreme and Ultimate Reality.

People have been programmed to react negatively to the word "fundamentalism" and anything tied to it. In this same manner, people have been programmed to react negatively towards other concepts that they presume to understand.

No one can attack my God, my God is Unapproachable in Majesty. My God is the God of all the saints and prophets, both known and unknown. My God is The Way, The Truth, and The Life. My God is The Lord of All Worlds, The Creator, The Sustainer, and The Destroyer. My God is Holy, set apart and pure from blemish. My God is The Incomparable, The Unique, and The Singular of whom there is no opposite or equal. My God is Perfection.

Our relationship with God The Father is through God The Son, who is The Most Perfect Image of God who is in God and in you as well. The Spirit of Truth, That Holy Spirit is in all of this, and reveals how this mystery can be.

The Truth of God is written in the hearts of all men, and The Gospel of God's Salvation has been preached to all creatures, so abandon your excuses, repent, and believe The Gospel! The Truth is what sets you free, and that is the good news!
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 5:38:58 PM
At 7/30/2016 5:26:12 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
"a movement or attitude stressing strict and literal adherence to a set of basic principles"

My fundamentalism is based off of the belief that God is The Supreme and Ultimate Reality.

I don't think you've repeated that enough times, a few thousand more, perhaps, might do the trick.

People have been programmed to react negatively to the word "fundamentalism"

Quite the contrary, the fundamentalist fills our world with programmed negativity such that the concept requires no debate.

and anything tied to it. In this same manner, people have been programmed to react negatively towards other concepts that they presume to understand.

No one can attack my God, my God is Unapproachable in Majesty. My God is the God of all the saints and prophets, both known and unknown. My God is The Way, The Truth, and The Life. My God is The Lord of All Worlds, The Creator, The Sustainer, and The Destroyer. My God is Holy, set apart and pure from blemish. My God is The Incomparable, The Unique, and The Singular of whom there is no opposite or equal. My God is Perfection.

Our relationship with God The Father is through God The Son, who is The Most Perfect Image of God who is in God and in you as well. The Spirit of Truth, That Holy Spirit is in all of this, and reveals how this mystery can be.

The Truth of God is written in the hearts of all men, and The Gospel of God's Salvation has been preached to all creatures, so abandon your excuses, repent, and believe The Gospel! The Truth is what sets you free, and that is the good news!

Seems more like utter hogwash.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 5:42:50 PM
At 7/30/2016 5:38:58 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Maybe swine like you need a good washing.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 5:48:46 PM
At 7/30/2016 5:42:50 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

Maybe you need your a$$ kicked.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 6:03:49 PM
At 7/30/2016 5:48:46 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Whatever trouncing I may receive in this world is nothing compared to the hell fire you endanger yourself to by remaining petulant about God. You do the work of the devil, discouraging children from coming to Jesus. The scriptures say that you would be better off being chucked into the ocean with a large rock tied to your neck. The fire of hell is worse than that, and it is you who will bring the flame that you immolate yourself with.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 6:09:17 PM
At 7/30/2016 6:03:49 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

Whatever trouncing I may receive in this world is nothing compared to the hell fire you endanger yourself to by remaining petulant about God. You do the work of the devil, discouraging children from coming to Jesus. The scriptures say that you would be better off being chucked into the ocean with a large rock tied to your neck. The fire of hell is worse than that, and it is you who will bring the flame that you immolate yourself with.

LOL. Your insane claims have nothing to do with me.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 6:19:02 PM
At 7/30/2016 6:09:17 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

You call me insane for preaching the truth, then you think I should get a woopin' for the things I say.

Obviously, we have very different standards.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 6:21:29 PM
At 7/30/2016 6:19:02 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 7/30/2016 6:09:17 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

You call me insane for preaching the truth, then you think I should get a woopin' for the things I say.

Obviously, we have very different standards.

You have no standards, no morals and no ethics. That's why you constantly lie.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 6:21:49 PM

People have been programmed to react negatively to the word "fundamentalism" and anything tied to it. In this same manner, people have been programmed to react negatively towards other concepts that they presume to understand.

Jesus was asked several times during his 3 year ministry to prove he was the Christ, Messiah or even a prophet. And in every case he was evasive, slipped away to hide. Was Jesus ashamed to admit what he was? Even at the trial Jesus refused to admit he was the Christ or Messiah. Why would Jesus deny before the very people he was sent to save who he was?

" Jews had always understood that this prophecy would one day be fulfilled in a literal way by the coming of a "the Prophet" who would either A) come just before Messiah or B) would, in fact, be the Messiah. That expectation helps explain the dialogue between the Jews and John the Baptist in John 1:19-21. When they ask who he was, he said, "I am not the Christ." "Who are you, then? Are you Elijah?" "No. "Well, then, are you the Prophet." "No." When they said, "the Prophet," both the Jews and John the Baptist understood the reference to be the prophecy of Deuteronomy 18."
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 6:21:57 PM
Blessed are the pure in heart,
For they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers,
For they shall be called sons of God.
Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness" sake,
For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
"Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 6:26:24 PM
At 7/30/2016 6:21:57 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
For they shall see God.
"Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

So, you create threads to spit venom at atheists and then proceed to put up verses claiming you're being persecuted. What an a$$hole.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 6:27:48 PM
At 7/30/2016 6:21:49 PM, Harikrish wrote:

Jesus was asked several times during his 3 year ministry to prove he was the Christ, Messiah or even a prophet. And in every case he was evasive, slipped away to hide. Was Jesus ashamed to admit what he was? Even at the trial Jesus refused to admit he was the Christ or Messiah. Why would Jesus deny before the very people he was sent to save who he was?

" Jews had always understood that this prophecy would one day be fulfilled in a literal way by the coming of a "the Prophet" who would either A) come just before Messiah or B) would, in fact, be the Messiah. That expectation helps explain the dialogue between the Jews and John the Baptist in John 1:19-21. When they ask who he was, he said, "I am not the Christ." "Who are you, then? Are you Elijah?" "No. "Well, then, are you the Prophet." "No." When they said, "the Prophet," both the Jews and John the Baptist understood the reference to be the prophecy of Deuteronomy 18."

*bonks on head with knobby stick*

You are missing the point, try again.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 6:30:03 PM
At 7/30/2016 6:26:24 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
For they shall see God.

So, you create threads to spit venom at atheists and then proceed to put up verses claiming you're being persecuted. What an a$$hole.

Full Definition of persecute
transitive verb
.: to harass or punish in a manner designed to injure, grieve, or afflict; specifically : to cause to suffer because of belief
.: to annoy with persistent or urgent approaches (as attacks, pleas, or importunities) : pester
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 6:35:10 PM
At 7/30/2016 6:30:03 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
For they shall see God.

transitive verb
.: to harass or punish in a manner designed to injure, grieve, or afflict; specifically : to cause to suffer because of belief

True, you are causing a lot of harassment and grief because of your beliefs.
.: to annoy with persistent or urgent approaches (as attacks, pleas, or importunities) : pester

Yes, you are annoying and pestering us when you attack atheists.

Thank you for that.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 6:39:45 PM
At 7/30/2016 6:27:48 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

You are missing credibility.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 6:40:31 PM
At 7/30/2016 6:35:10 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
For they shall see God.

transitive verb

Thank you for that.

I say, "The Truth is Good". Because you love lies, you consider this persecution.

Don't try to turn it around on me, you're the one posting in my topic. Besides that, you certainly aren't doing anything different around here. By your own measure you have been judged.

The difference here is that I'm being persecuted for righteousness sake, that is, I'm being persecuted for speaking about what is correct and true. If you face any persecution, it's certainly not for righteousness sake, because you represent the position that doesn't accept righteousness.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 6:48:34 PM
At 7/30/2016 6:39:45 PM, Harikrish wrote:

As an alleged practitioner of the Vedanta, you should know better than to dispute matters of creation. If you really understood your scriptures, you'd recognize what they say in the scriptures you clearly don't understand.

As far as I'm concerned, you lost your credibility a long time ago when you were claiming to be some great defender of Christendom. You understand neither what you say or the things that you affirm.

By your own measure you have been judged. Depart from me, lawless one.
Omniverse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 7:20:00 PM
At 7/30/2016 6:40:31 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
For they shall see God.

transitive verb

Thank you for that.

I say, "The Truth is Good". Because you love lies, you consider this persecution.

Don't try to turn it around on me, you're the one posting in my topic. Besides that, you certainly aren't doing anything different around here. By your own measure you have been judged.

The difference here is that I'm being persecuted for righteousness sake, that is, I'm being persecuted for speaking about what is correct and true. If you face any persecution, it's certainly not for righteousness sake, because you represent the position that doesn't accept righteousness.

You lie with all your teeth with regard to Atheism. Then you claim atheists are persecuting you?

What a paranoid joke you are.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 7:27:44 PM
Considering the contents of the OP, I'm find the responses in this topic to be humorous.
seeu46
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 7:33:24 PM

AMEN!

Jesus Christ is KING OF KINGS and LORD of LORDS.

No one can stop HIM.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 7:57:39 PM
For they shall see God.

transitive verb

Thank you for that.

The difference here is that I'm being persecuted for righteousness sake, that is, I'm being persecuted for speaking about what is correct and true.

No, you're not, you're making up lies about atheists.

If you face any persecution, it's certainly not for righteousness sake, because you represent the position that doesn't accept righteousness.

I don't accept your lies. Try and get the facts straight.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 8:07:19 PM
At 7/30/2016 7:57:39 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
For they shall see God.

transitive verb

Thank you for that.

The difference here is that I'm being persecuted for righteousness sake, that is, I'm being persecuted for speaking about what is correct and true.

No, you're not, you're making up lies about atheists.

If you face any persecution, it's certainly not for righteousness sake, because you represent the position that doesn't accept righteousness.

I don't accept your lies. Try and get the facts straight.

You certainly aren't making much of an effort to straighten things out. You call me a liar, and then don't bother to correct me.

Being the arrogant and uncharitable little swine you are, you probably just expect me to figure it out. Well, I tell you, I'm pretty confident in what I believe, because sincerity of faith is an integral part of it. I do all I can to make what I'm saying clear, and I'm still met with stupefaction. So the word brought by the prophets is fulfilled, that though they have eyes, they see not, though they have ears, they hear not.

I am very secure, so unless you plan on "setting me straight" so to speak, you aren't going to get anywhere by calling me a liar.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 8:16:14 PM
At 7/30/2016 6:48:34 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

As an alleged practitioner of the Vedanta, you should know better than to dispute matters of creation. If you really understood your scriptures, you'd recognize what they say in the scriptures you clearly don't understand.

As far as I'm concerned, you lost your credibility a long time ago when you were claiming to be some great defender of Christendom. You understand neither what you say or the things that you affirm.

I am a champion of Christians and my introduction makes my positions clear.

I would like to volunteer my time, training in esoteric scriptures, Christian Theology and Islamic fundamentalism and spiritual enlightenment to defend Christianity if the Christian members on DDO have the confidence in me that I serve their cause well. If they vote me as their Christian champion based on my scriptural knowledge, scriptural integrity and scriptural universality (universal beliefs of Christianity) I will respond to every negative and anti-Christian post that is brought to my attention.
I don't know what it takes to get a majority Christian vote. But we can begin by getting your endorsements and then checking with the moderators to make me the official goto Christian David.
I am a Vedantists raised in the Vedantic tradition and trained in the reading of esoteric scriptures, Christian Theology and Islamic fundamentalism. I am a Hindu by birth but married into a Christian family that includes two Christian pastors and two generations of church goes. I don't debate my Christian relatives. They have accepted my inclusion as a testament to my blessed opportunity. And in return I studied their scriptures.
Please consider my challenge to atheists as personal and support/endorse me as your champion. The rest I will leave it to the Lord and pray for strength and support as we eradicate DDO from the scourge of atheism.
I look forward to winning support from our preterists members as deluded as they might be and our senior menopausal virgins who patiently stand by and wait. But most of all I appeal to Christians members who are looking for a champion who is articulate, principled and spiritually unequalled on DDO.
Peace to all.... Please make your vote known that I may be the David of your dreams.
http://www.debate.org...
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 8:21:12 PM
At 7/30/2016 8:16:14 PM, Harikrish wrote:

I would like to volunteer my time, training in esoteric scriptures, Christian Theology and Islamic fundamentalism and spiritual enlightenment to defend Christianity if the Christian members on DDO have the confidence in me that I serve their cause well. If they vote me as their Christian champion based on my scriptural knowledge, scriptural integrity and scriptural universality (universal beliefs of Christianity) I will respond to every negative and anti-Christian post that is brought to my attention.
I don't know what it takes to get a majority Christian vote. But we can begin by getting your endorsements and then checking with the moderators to make me the official goto Christian David.
I am a Vedantists raised in the Vedantic tradition and trained in the reading of esoteric scriptures, Christian Theology and Islamic fundamentalism. I am a Hindu by birth but married into a Christian family that includes two Christian pastors and two generations of church goes. I don't debate my Christian relatives. They have accepted my inclusion as a testament to my blessed opportunity. And in return I studied their scriptures.
Please consider my challenge to atheists as personal and support/endorse me as your champion. The rest I will leave it to the Lord and pray for strength and support as we eradicate DDO from the scourge of atheism.
I look forward to winning support from our preterists members as deluded as they might be and our senior menopausal virgins who patiently stand by and wait. But most of all I appeal to Christians members who are looking for a champion who is articulate, principled and spiritually unequalled on DDO.
Peace to all.... Please make your vote known that I may be the David of your dreams.

You sound like the kid who wants to learn martial arts so they can beat the crap out of people.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 8:43:19 PM
At 7/30/2016 8:21:12 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

You sound like the kid who wants to learn martial arts so they can beat the crap out of people.

Strange you should mention martial arts. I am a grandmaster in TKD and teach martial arts as a disciplinary sport with the goal of character/value development.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 9:17:51 PM
At 7/30/2016 8:43:19 PM, Harikrish wrote:

Strange you should mention martial arts. I am a grandmaster in TKD and teach martial arts as a disciplinary sport with the goal of character/value development.

Then you should understand the analogy.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 9:20:45 PM

I wouldn't discourage you from studying or trying though, I just don't think your heart is in the right place. Maybe one day.
Omniverse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 9:24:32 PM

Strange you should mention martial arts. I am a grandmaster in TKD

Hmmm....
What style? ITF? WTF? ATA (Songahm)?

and teach martial arts as a disciplinary sport with the goal of character/value development.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 9:24:47 PM
At 7/30/2016 9:17:51 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

Then you should understand the analogy.

It might explain yourmisunderstanding of martial arts. It is a disciplinary recreational sport which teaches respect and honour and not your typical western cowboy bully in a bar.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 9:32:24 PM
For they shall see God.

transitive verb

Thank you for that.

If you say the "truth is good", why do you lie about your age?