Jump to topic:

What did you do at church today. ?

Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2016 11:37:38 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
Did you have your little story telling time. ?

Maybe a sing-along or 2,
What games did you play?

Is it the last Sunday of each month you pay $$$ the church I mean God, or is it the 1st Sunday.

I'm not religious myself but I do know if there is one thing God loves, wants and needs more then anything else, it's cash , cold hard cash. And lots of it.
He did build the universe for us and that couldn't of been cheap. Not to mention the cash that must be required for the upkeep of heaven. 10% of your annual wage he asks for.
It really is a small price to pay for the comfort of knowing that when you die , Jesus has got you covered. He will look after you.

I'm jealous in a way, you see I've got no God. And when I die I'm going to have live ruff sleeping on random clouds , 1 minute your on a nice big cloud , the next, poof. Gone with the wind. It's hell alright.

Treat yourself with a afternoon nap, you've had a big day.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2016 11:51:16 AM
At 7/31/2016 11:37:38 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:

Maybe a sing-along or 2,
What games did you play?

Is it the last Sunday of each month you pay $$$ the church I mean God, or is it the 1st Sunday.

I'm not religious myself but I do know if there is one thing God loves, wants and needs more then anything else, it's cash , cold hard cash. And lots of it.
He did build the universe for us and that couldn't of been cheap. Not to mention the cash that must be required for the upkeep of heaven. 10% of your annual wage he asks for.
It really is a small price to pay for the comfort of knowing that when you die , Jesus has got you covered. He will look after you.

I'm jealous in a way, you see I've got no God. And when I die I'm going to have live ruff sleeping on random clouds , 1 minute your on a nice big cloud , the next, poof. Gone with the wind. It's hell alright.

Love it.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2016 12:00:43 PM
At 7/31/2016 11:51:16 AM, Willows wrote:

Maybe a sing-along or 2,
What games did you play?

Love it.

Well this forum is starting to get unfair ,
It's OK for the theists to post crap all day, and post their silly nonsense.
And we are supposed to answer with logically explanations.
They don't compromise , for they can't compromise. It's not like they have a say in any explanation they give us.
I'm sick of it. I'm just waiting for them to say they are only joking. They have to be . And I bet they laugh at us for actually thinking that they are serious.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2016 12:20:01 PM
At 7/31/2016 12:00:43 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:

Maybe a sing-along or 2,
What games did you play?

Love it.

They don't compromise , for they can't compromise. It's not like they have a say in any explanation they give us.
I'm sick of it. I'm just waiting for them to say they are only joking. They have to be . And I bet they laugh at us for actually thinking that they are serious.

The big difference Deb, is I reckon is that they have everything to lose if they are faced with the reality that their imaginary friend doesn't exist. We have nothing to lose since we're not sitting on that bandwagon in the first place.
Take away their security blanket and they'll go back to bed-wetting.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2016 12:50:19 PM
At 7/31/2016 12:20:01 PM, Willows wrote:

Maybe a sing-along or 2,
What games did you play?

Love it.

The big difference Deb, is I reckon is that they have everything to lose if they are faced with the reality that their imaginary friend doesn't exist. We have nothing to lose since we're not sitting on that bandwagon in the first place.

For example .
The age of the earth ,
So we will look for a number between 4.5 billion and 10,000 years.
As a atheists I'm not locked into believing in the theory of evelotion. So let's say the earth is 1 million years old. It couldn't be more favorable to them .
Now do you think a Christian will base a discussion about the universe based on a 1 million year old earth. No way. They lack the ability of compromise.
But really deep down inside, Christians must cringe and be displeased with their God for making them have to say the earth is 6 or 7 thousand years old. You can see it in em.
So now along with their inability of compromise,
They now must lie , but not to you and i , but to themselves. And well my mum taught me about people like that, And their not to be trusted.

Who wants to be friends with a person that gets it their way all the time, and lies
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2016 1:17:44 PM
At 7/31/2016 1:13:03 PM, bulproof wrote:
Pure Gold.
And funny as fck.

Just letting it out on the sabbath.
That's what the days for right.?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2016 1:24:25 PM
At 7/31/2016 1:17:44 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
Pure Gold.
And funny as fck.

Oh 8 you have so many loving christians wishing you were in hell right now, you must be doing something right. hahahahahahaha.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2016 1:31:30 PM
At 7/31/2016 1:17:44 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
Pure Gold.
And funny as fck.

Hallelujah! I just want to thank the lord for another day of livinnnnn !!!!!
OhohohOHOH, yeeeeEEssssSSSSSSSS!!! (punshes the air)
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2016 1:37:00 PM
Which of the christian gods did you worship today?
Was it the three sided die or the postage stamp with the face on only one side?
Did you verify any souls today and did you save them from your god?
Did the choir have choirboys whose bottoms were like jello on springs?
How many looked at them lasciviously?
Did you sing the praises of the mass murderer or did you praise satan.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2016 4:19:34 PM
Guys.
Seriously , I'm just curious , I just want to here about your day. I hope it was nice.
Maybe people from different churches do different things. It will be interesting for all.
So I'll ask once again.
In a few words , what was your day like at church.

Go
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2016 4:35:08 PM
At 7/31/2016 4:19:34 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
Guys.
Seriously , I'm just curious , I just want to here about your day. I hope it was nice.
Maybe people from different churches do different things. It will be interesting for all.
So I'll ask once again.

Go

We've spent the last four hours mocking those who don't share our worldview with two of our friends. Then we decided to pretend we were sincerely interested in what others did in an obvious attempt to mock them individually.
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2016 4:38:15 PM
At 7/31/2016 4:35:08 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
Guys.
So I'll ask once again.

Go

We've spent the last four hours mocking those who don't share our worldview with two of our friends. Then we decided to pretend we were sincerely interested in what others did in an obvious attempt to mock them individually.

I'm glad you felt it.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2016 4:56:03 PM
I like my church. We feed, cloth, and play music for the homeless. The Sunday service is outside. It's also very big and the cooperative effort of many denominations. There is even an atheist group that comes in once every couple of months. They'll bring a 10 pairs of socks for over a hundred people, and then proceed to talk trash about God the whole time they are there. So charitable they are. Pah!

When it isn't Sunday, we do a whole lot of other things too. We have a community center in the morning, a free clinic, and a resource center for pregnant women, and 2 bible studies a week. Unlike a lot of places that help those in need, we actually interact with the people who take part in what we do. Some places have everyone who volunteers hide away and avoid contact with whomever they are serving.. We don't do that, we have conversations, drink coffee, joke around even, and have fun. It's a really wonderful place. The people who come to the community center are my friends, I love them all dearly.

We do a lot of work. I like my church. I missed church today though, I'm feeling very under the weather. This week a lot of the people I work with are going to be out of town at the children's camp, so It's going to be frantic. I figured it would be best if I stayed in today.

So today? I didn't do anything at church. That's what usually goes on at my church. We do a lot of charity work. We love people, that's what we are about, and we take discipleship seriously. I'm at church 6 out of the 7 days of the week though, so I don't really feel too bummed out about missing Sunday.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
David_Debates
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2016 5:07:27 PM
Guys.
So I'll ask once again.

Go

Mass began with an opening song. Then the first reading, a psalm, and the second reading, this one from the New Testament. Next came a reading from the Gospel, and then a homily from the priest. We then prayed collectively for society, the Church, the sick, and the dead. We sang more worship songs, had communion together, and ended with a final song. I talked to some of my friends from youth group, and we played some SSBB (I was thoroughly whooped). Then I drove home.

How was yours?
Omniverse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2016 5:08:18 PM
At 7/31/2016 4:56:03 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
I like my church. We feed, cloth, and play music for the homeless. The Sunday service is outside. It's also very big and the cooperative effort of many denominations. There is even an atheist group that comes in once every couple of months. They'll bring a 10 pairs of socks for over a hundred people, and then proceed to talk trash about God the whole time they are there. So charitable they are. Pah!

If I were you I'd toss those socks in the wastebin. Surely, they've been used in Satanic rituals or, alternatively, as condoms.

When it isn't Sunday, we do a whole lot of other things too. We have a community center in the morning, a free clinic, and a resource center for pregnant women, and 2 bible studies a week.

What?! You don't have Quran study? No Baha'i scriptures study?
Aren't you being partial?

Unlike a lot of places that help those in need, we actually interact with the people who take part in what we do.

Ah, so innovative you are. A linguist, a physicist, a martial arts Grandmaster and also a philanthrope!

Some places have everyone who volunteers hide away and avoid contact with whomever they are serving..

Really?
What a peculiar observation.

We don't do that, we have conversations, drink coffee, joke around even, and have fun. It's a really wonderful place. The people who come to the community center are my friends, I love them all dearly.

Even the satanic atheists?
AH, so noble of you.

We do a lot of work. I like my church. I missed church today though, I'm feeling very under the weather.

You seem to be overcompensating for it.

This week a lot of the people I work with are going to be out of town at the children's camp, so It's going to be frantic. I figured it would be best if I stayed in today.

You are extremely wise, which is just one of your many qualities.

So today? I didn't do anything at church.

You don't say.

That's what usually goes on at my church. We do a lot of charity work. We love people,

One wouldn't be able to tell from your online presence around here...

that's what we are about, and we take discipleship seriously. I'm at church 6 out of the 7 days of the week though, so I don't really feel too bummed out about missing Sunday.

You're exemplary.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2016 5:13:12 PM

When it isn't Sunday, we do a whole lot of other things too. We have a community center in the morning, a free clinic, and a resource center for pregnant women, and 2 bible studies a week. Unlike a lot of places that help those in need, we actually interact with the people who take part in what we do. Some places have everyone who volunteers hide away and avoid contact with whomever they are serving.. We don't do that, we have conversations, drink coffee, joke around even, and have fun. It's a really wonderful place. The people who come to the community center are my friends, I love them all dearly.

We do a lot of work. I like my church. I missed church today though, I'm feeling very under the weather. This week a lot of the people I work with are going to be out of town at the children's camp, so It's going to be frantic. I figured it would be best if I stayed in today.

So today? I didn't do anything at church. That's what usually goes on at my church. We do a lot of charity work. We love people, that's what we are about, and we take discipleship seriously. I'm at church 6 out of the 7 days of the week though, so I don't really feel too bummed out about missing Sunday.

Ouch , you got me. Real nice like.
Sounds Nice , I'm glad you enjoy it. A truly great thing to do on a sunday
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2016 5:21:15 PM
At 7/31/2016 5:08:18 PM, Omniverse wrote:

If I were you I'd toss those socks in the wastebin. Surely, they've been used in Satanic rituals or, alternatively, as condoms.

When it isn't Sunday, we do a whole lot of other things too. We have a community center in the morning, a free clinic, and a resource center for pregnant women, and 2 bible studies a week.

Unlike a lot of places that help those in need, we actually interact with the people who take part in what we do.

Ah, so innovative you are. A linguist, a physicist, a martial arts Grandmaster and also a philanthrope!

Some places have everyone who volunteers hide away and avoid contact with whomever they are serving..

Really?

We don't do that, we have conversations, drink coffee, joke around even, and have fun. It's a really wonderful place. The people who come to the community center are my friends, I love them all dearly.

AH, so noble of you.

We do a lot of work. I like my church. I missed church today though, I'm feeling very under the weather.

This week a lot of the people I work with are going to be out of town at the children's camp, so It's going to be frantic. I figured it would be best if I stayed in today.

You don't say.

That's what usually goes on at my church. We do a lot of charity work. We love people,

that's what we are about, and we take discipleship seriously. I'm at church 6 out of the 7 days of the week though, so I don't really feel too bummed out about missing Sunday.

You're exemplary.

Your hatefulness stanks of insecurity.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
Omniverse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2016 5:29:03 PM
At 7/31/2016 5:21:15 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 7/31/2016 5:08:18 PM, Omniverse wrote:

Really?

AH, so noble of you.

You don't say.

You're exemplary.

Your hatefulness stanks of insecurity.

I hope to model my life after yours, oh Master Yoda.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2016 5:41:09 PM
At 7/31/2016 5:07:27 PM, David_Debates wrote:
Guys.
So I'll ask once again.

Go

Mass began with an opening song. Then the first reading, a psalm, and the second reading, this one from the New Testament. Next came a reading from the Gospel, and then a homily from the priest. We then prayed collectively for society, the Church, the sick, and the dead. We sang more worship songs, had communion together, and ended with a final song. I talked to some of my friends from youth group, and we played some SSBB (I was thoroughly whooped). Then I drove home.

How was yours?

Nice David.
And I placed 1 gold star sticker beside your name.
My day was wasted away thinking of hateful things to insult people like you, I guess.

It sure makes it hard on me when you dont mention God.
Good times David, good times.
David_Debates
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2016 6:08:43 PM
At 7/31/2016 5:41:09 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 7/31/2016 5:07:27 PM, David_Debates wrote:
Guys.
So I'll ask once again.

Go

How was yours?

Nice David.
And I placed 1 gold star sticker beside your name.

A gold star sticker? Beside my name? Aww, you shouldn't have.

My day was wasted away thinking of hateful things to insult people like you, I guess.

Time well spent.

It sure makes it hard on me when you dont mention God.

I thought it was implied.

Good times David, good times.

Very much so.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2016 6:08:54 PM

Maybe a sing-along or 2,
What games did you play?

Love it.

Hmm, that's a bit unfair.... perhaps with such a heaping assertion you could point out something in our exchanges that was crap or nonsense, where I never compromised, where I disappointed you ect ect...
Can you show me please? because maybe we can start afresh and begin here, where there are no preconceived ideas, judgement and restriction of though eh Deb??

How many months, years, ages would it take for someone like me who cares about you and respects you, and someone like you to find comradery, unity or friendship?

Why do you always relate generic church scenarios with Christianity? when there are so much more elements to what Jesus taught than Sundays at church? what do you think about Jesus and His relation to God? any opinions there Deb8?? do you have any thing at all you would like to discuss that is related to what Jesus taught or do you just like to swing at straw men all day?

Ask me why I would attend any church or service... ask me what I think of them, ask me what the point is, what the objective is, ask me anything that could deepen your shallow perspectives and maybe we can find something we agree upon...
bigotry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2016 6:15:56 PM

Maybe a sing-along or 2,
What games did you play?

Can you name a single place the bible commands a cash donation to a church?
bigotry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2016 6:18:23 PM
At 7/31/2016 12:20:01 PM, Willows wrote:

Maybe a sing-along or 2,
What games did you play?

Love it.

You guys got a nice lil circle jerk goin there! Maybe youll try each others underwear on later!
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2016 6:19:11 PM
At 7/31/2016 6:15:56 PM, bigotry wrote:

Maybe a sing-along or 2,
What games did you play?

Have you ever seen a televangelist> LMAO.
Omniverse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2016 6:19:43 PM
So the Bible doesn't endorse and stimulate cash donations to the Church?
Someone needs a refresher course.

Jesus' Words:

Mark 12:41-44
(https://www.biblegateway.com... )

"
The Widow"s Offering

41 Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts. 42 But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a few cents.

43 Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, "Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. 44 They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything"all she had to live on."
"
bigotry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2016 6:22:50 PM
At 7/31/2016 6:19:11 PM, desmac wrote:

Maybe a sing-along or 2,
What games did you play?

So an abuse of the text is grounds to attack real churches that dont require it? Its the craziest thing, I was in church one day and they passed around the plate. No one put a gun to anyones head or declared if you dont donate you will spontaneously catch fire! Absolutely wild! Challenge still stands for anyone btw.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2016 7:15:00 PM
At 7/31/2016 6:22:50 PM, bigotry wrote:
At 7/31/2016 6:19:11 PM, desmac wrote:

Maybe a sing-along or 2,
What games did you play?

So an abuse of the text is grounds to attack real churches that dont require it? Its the craziest thing, I was in church one day and they passed around the plate. No one put a gun to anyones head or declared if you dont donate you will spontaneously catch fire! Absolutely wild! Challenge still stands for anyone btw.

You will rot in hell unless you send me money.