Total Posts:3|Showing Posts:1-3
Jump to topic:

What is wrong with those people who pray to..

sovietchild
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2016 10:33:49 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
What is wrong with those people who pray to statues? Are they praying to God? Are they praying to themselves? Are they their own gods? Do they deceive others in order to obtain money?
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2016 10:38:37 PM
At 8/1/2016 10:33:49 PM, sovietchild wrote:
What is wrong with those people who pray to statues? Are they praying to God? Are they praying to themselves? Are they their own gods? Do they deceive others in order to obtain money?

I think they pray to statues because they need a sort of visual representation. Otherwise the concept of god may be too abstract.
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2016 10:54:56 PM
At 8/1/2016 10:33:49 PM, sovietchild wrote:

I am not trying to be mean, but why do you care? There can be many reasons, spirituality is subjective as much as it tries to be an objective platform.

If it was me, i would pray to a "statue" bc it visually developed feelings for me. Since i am not religious and don't pray to statues, a song would be a better example in my case. Why is it some songs i listen to make my hair stand and take my mind to different worlds? It could be a lot of reasons right? From liking the beat to just one word the singer sings in a creative way that reminds me of a past love... or a past experiences... or past anger... it could be many. You would most likely not get the same reactions as i do, but similar to a song you like... you might not even like music. There are so many reasons, but i don't care about how you pray... or how you call out... or what you like. I am too busy figuring myself out, figuring out my power, figuring out my spirituality, and those around me that i respect. I give well wishes to the world, however, i don't care how they use my hope, although, i hope they use it for good.