Jump to topic:

Jesus didnt fullfill any prophecy

Artur
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2016 11:34:55 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
yes, it is clear. all of the alleged prophecies fullfilled by him are either mistranslation or taken out context. THe most stupid {and succesfull at the same time} prophecy inventor ever was the author of the gospel we now call Matthew's Gospel.

The first stupidity of Matthew was "the virgin birth prophecy", presumably, he quoted isaiah 7:14 which has nothing to do with Jesus or messiah that was yet to come.

moreoever, his second stupidity was "the messiah was to be born in bettleham", such prophecy does not exist. if he quoted micah 5:2, then that is about the tribe named Bethlehem Ephrathah.

then, his following stupidity was "he would be called nathareth", surprisingly, this author used to twist, take verses out of context so that it can serve his purpose but this time he did even not bother to do that. there is no such prophecy in the old testament.

all of those stupidities go on like that, but majority of people call them prophecies fullfilled by jesus instead of calling stupidities of matthew. {in fact, believing that lies is stupidity of Fake Testament believers, none of them match the Original Testament}
"I'm not as soft or as generous a person as I would be if the world hadn't changed me" Bobby Fischer
Artur
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2016 11:40:10 PM
waiting Fake Testament believers to come with fallacies like "appel to authority, arguementum ad populum" and e.t.c

or waiting them to try to manipulate the Original testament to look like it matches their Fake Testament.
"I'm not as soft or as generous a person as I would be if the world hadn't changed me" Bobby Fischer
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 12:11:42 AM
The most ironic and arrogant aspect is that Christians want us to believe that God used Jewish prophets (his favoured people) to predict a messiah/saviour figure who would come and found a new religion which would then proceed to overthrow and persecute Judaism. This would make God a cynical and manipulative sociopath. They see no problem with this though. It's always about them.
DanMGTOW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 1:23:46 AM
At 8/2/2016 11:34:55 PM, Artur wrote:
yes, it is clear. all of the alleged prophecies fullfilled by him are either mistranslation or taken out context. THe most stupid {and succesfull at the same time} prophecy inventor ever was the author of the gospel we now call Matthew's Gospel.

The first stupidity of Matthew was "the virgin birth prophecy", presumably, he quoted isaiah 7:14 which has nothing to do with Jesus or messiah that was yet to come.

moreoever, his second stupidity was "the messiah was to be born in bettleham", such prophecy does not exist. if he quoted micah 5:2, then that is about the tribe named Bethlehem Ephrathah.

then, his following stupidity was "he would be called nathareth", surprisingly, this author used to twist, take verses out of context so that it can serve his purpose but this time he did even not bother to do that. there is no such prophecy in the old testament.

all of those stupidities go on like that, but majority of people call them prophecies fullfilled by jesus instead of calling stupidities of matthew. {in fact, believing that lies is stupidity of Fake Testament believers, none of them match the Original Testament}

Jesus may have fulfilled prophecies.
some prophecies is very easy to fulfill prophecies if you know about the prophecy.
especially if all you have to do is write a book saying that you fulfilled a prophecy.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 1:33:55 AM

A young girl would be a virgin 2,000 years ago in Israel.

Where does it say that?

Probably an oral tradition.

If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
thedynasty139
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 1:53:55 AM
At 8/3/2016 12:11:42 AM, dee-em wrote:
The most ironic and arrogant aspect is that Christians want us to believe that God used Jewish prophets (his favoured people) to predict a messiah/saviour figure who would come and found a new religion which would then proceed to overthrow and persecute Judaism. This would make God a cynical and manipulative sociopath. They see no problem with this though. It's always about them.

Don't forget that you're supposed to believe in the Trinity despite your Jewish revelation and Prophets (pbut) never even remotely hinting of such a thing. Guess you're all on the wrong path for not believing God changed his nature.
Artur
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 1:54:59 AM
At 8/3/2016 1:23:46 AM, DanMGTOW wrote:

Jesus may have fulfilled prophecies.
some prophecies is very easy to fulfill prophecies if you know about the prophecy.
especially if all you have to do is write a book saying that you fulfilled a prophecy.

actually, I know one that might have been fullfilled by Jesus. being jew. of course, if Jesus was jew.
the second one? no, jesus did not.
Artur
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 2:06:13 AM
At 8/3/2016 1:33:55 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:

so, and then? a young woman could have been non virgin as well in any time in history

Where does it say that?
matthew chapter two.
Micah 5:2 talks about bettlehem eaphratah

with this logic, anyone can invent prophecy from "oral tradition" and fullfill it.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 2:45:10 AM
At 8/3/2016 2:06:13 AM, Artur wrote:

so, and then? a young woman could have been non virgin as well in any time in history

Regardless, Jesus fulfilled it.

Where does it say that?
matthew chapter two.

What city do you claim this tribe lived in?

with this logic, anyone can invent prophecy from "oral tradition" and fullfill it.

Where is your document saying "I don't know what this guy Matthew is talking about. I'm a first century Jew, and I've never heard of this prophecy!"?
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
Artur
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 12:30:20 PM
At 8/3/2016 2:45:10 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:

he fullfilled a prophecy that does not exist? that is the only type of prophecy jesus can be claimed to have fullfilled.

Where does it say that?
matthew chapter two.

I do not claim. they may have lived in any city, they may be living in any city.

Where is your document saying "I don't know what this guy Matthew is talking about. I'm a first century Jew, and I've never heard of this prophecy!"?
where is your/matthew's document saying "we knoe whay this guy Matthew is talking about. I am a first century jew and I have heard of this prophecy!"?

if auhor of matthew claimed a prophecy to have been fullfilled he must show. BoP is on you.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 12:46:46 PM
Anybody reading the gospels must conclude that they were written as a continuation and an attempt at fulfillment of the OT's alleged prophecies.
They only became prophecies when the NT authors made them such. That is the history of the bible.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
BJH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 12:49:21 PM

all of those stupidities go on like that, but majority of people call them prophecies fullfilled by jesus instead of calling stupidities of matthew. {in fact, believing that lies is stupidity of Fake Testament believers, none of them match the Original Testament} : :

No man fulfills prophecy. Only the voice of God can do that for our Creator.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 12:51:37 PM
At 8/3/2016 12:49:21 PM, BJH wrote:

all of those stupidities go on like that, but majority of people call them prophecies fullfilled by jesus instead of calling stupidities of matthew. {in fact, believing that lies is stupidity of Fake Testament believers, none of them match the Original Testament} : :

Damn you've lasted a day BoG, well done.
BJH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 12:53:42 PM
At 8/3/2016 12:51:37 PM, bulproof wrote:

Damn you've lasted a day BoG, well done. : :

I have been involved in this forum for over three years now. It's taken a few extra accounts to remain in here but that's okay. I could care less about how many posts I have made. It's the message I share with chosen believers that count.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 12:59:39 PM
At 8/3/2016 12:53:42 PM, BJH wrote:
At 8/3/2016 12:51:37 PM, bulproof wrote:

Damn you've lasted a day BoG, well done. : :

I have been involved in this forum for over three years now. It's taken a few extra accounts to remain in here but that's okay. I could care less about how many posts I have made. It's the message I share with chosen believers that count.
BoG you don't offer anything. You claim that everybody will be consumed by your lava and will be resurrected as two people regardless of whether they believe your insanity or not.
You offer nothing you poor deluded thing.
Remember when you promised everyone that a hit squad would kill you and the earth would turn to lava and everyone would be reincarnated as two people? It didn't happen, you are insane and need help.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 1:02:12 PM
At 8/3/2016 12:30:20 PM, Artur wrote:

he fullfilled a prophecy that does not exist? that is the only type of prophecy jesus can be claimed to have fullfilled.

The verse in Isaiah profecises someone who would be called Immanuel. Jesus fits the bill.

Where does it say that?
matthew chapter two.

I do not claim. they may have lived in any city, they may be living in any city.

I would argue it is most likely they got their name from the town they lived in. Kind of like the New York Yankees.

where is your/matthew's document saying "we knoe whay this guy Matthew is talking about. I am a first century jew and I have heard of this prophecy!"?

Matthew is the first century Jew affirming its existence. I have one. Do you have one supporting your claim?

if auhor of matthew claimed a prophecy to have been fullfilled he must show. BoP is on you.

He did show it was fulfilled. Jesus was born in Nazareth.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 1:20:10 PM
At 8/3/2016 1:02:12 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:

When according to verifiable science (and not folk tales) Nazareth didn't exist when the carpenters son was allegedly born in a different town altogether.
Ever heard of Bethlehem?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 1:30:09 PM
The verse in Isaiah profecises someone who would be called Immanuel. Jesus fits the bill
Just as Ralph and Sebastien are the same Genifer.
I don't know how anybody could doubt the fulfillment of that "alleged" prophesy.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 1:40:34 PM
At 8/3/2016 1:20:10 PM, bulproof wrote:

When according to verifiable science (and not folk tales) Nazareth didn't exist when the carpenters son was allegedly born in a different town altogether.

Got evidence.

Ever heard of Bethlehem?

Sorry, I meant he was from Nazareth, not born there.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 1:41:47 PM
At 8/3/2016 1:30:09 PM, bulproof wrote:
The verse in Isaiah profecises someone who would be called Immanuel. Jesus fits the bill
I don't know how anybody could doubt the fulfillment of that "alleged" prophesy.

Got evidence?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 1:43:35 PM
At 8/3/2016 1:41:47 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:

Got evidence?
As much as you have in support of your fantasy.
Artur
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 3:24:53 PM
THe most stupid {and succesfull at the same time} prophecy inventor ever was the author of the gospel we now call Matthew's Gospel.

The verse in Isaiah profecises someone who would be called Immanuel. Jesus fits the bill.
the verse profecises someone who would be named Immanuel by the woman who was in front of Ahaz at the time he was speaking. Jesus was not named by that woman and the verse in isaiah is about a sign that was to be given to King Ahaz, House of david and Ahaz's people for the military plight they were under. not about a messiah or other person. Jesus (assuming he existed) was born centuries after the military crisis l.

Where does it say that?
matthew chapter two.

I would argue it is most likely they got their name from the town they lived in. Kind of like the New York Yankees.
where ever they get from, the fact remains: micah 5:2 is not about a town or a place, abot a tribe. thus, fake testament's prophecy invention is irrevelant

Matthew is the first century Jew affirming its existence. I have one. Do you have one supporting your claim?

semantics? Jesus was not born in nazareth and there is no prophecy like "he will be called nazarene", that is a lie of the author.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 5:07:08 PM
At 8/3/2016 1:43:35 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/3/2016 1:41:47 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:

Got evidence?
As much as you have in support of your fantasy.

Historians agree Jesus existed. What about your people?
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 6:16:06 PM

That's far from unique. 1% of all women claim to get pregnant as virgins, although it was more prevalent 2000 years ago.

http://www.reuters.com...

Where does it say that?

There is no evidence Jesus was anyone other than a moral teacher at best or a liar and lunatic at worst. Thomas Paine did a great job obliterating biblical claims regarding Jesus.

http://www.deism.com...
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 6:18:05 PM

Is it possible that a horny Jewish girl lied so her son wouldn't be considered a bastard? Its not like its never happened.
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 6:20:19 PM
At 8/3/2016 12:30:20 PM, Artur wrote:

Sounds like his mom read Isaiah and got some ideas :)

Where does it say that?
matthew chapter two.

How do you know?
Artur
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 6:55:12 PM
At 8/3/2016 6:18:05 PM, matt8800 wrote:

Is it possible that a horny Jewish girl lied so her son wouldn't be considered a bastard? Its not like its never happened.

one thing we need to mention is: even if jesus was born of a virgin as he is cracked up to have been, it still does not fullfill a prophecy because there is no such messianic prophecy.

isiaiah 7:14 is about a sign to be given for the military crisis King ahaz, House of Dacid and Ahaz's people were under. there is no any sign, trace or evidenxe that shows that sign was about messiah.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 8:06:07 PM
At 8/3/2016 3:24:53 PM, Artur wrote:
THe most stupid {and succesfull at the same time} prophecy inventor ever was the author of the gospel we now call Matthew's Gospel.

Do you have any examples of the prophecies being fulfilled by another?

the verse profecises someone who would be named Immanuel by the woman who was in front of Ahaz at the time he was speaking. Jesus was not named by that woman and the verse in isaiah is about a sign that was to be given to King Ahaz, House of david and Ahaz's people for the military plight they were under. not about a messiah or other person. Jesus (assuming he existed) was born centuries after the military crisis

So, I assume you have evidence of such a person being born in those days, right?

l.

Where does it say that?
matthew chapter two.

where ever they get from, the fact remains: micah 5:2 is not about a town or a place,

Says you. Do you have any evidence of such a tribe existing?

abot a tribe. thus, fake testament's prophecy invention is irrevelant

semantics? Jesus was not born in nazareth

Sorry, I meant he was from Nazareth.

and there is no prophecy like "he will be called nazarene", that is a lie of the author.

I have presented evidence that it was an oral tradition .
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 8:07:37 PM
yes, it is clear. all of the alleged prophecies fullfilled by him ...

I think the most important and greatest prophesy that Jesus fulfilled is that through him was made the new covenant that is mentioned in this scripture:

For finding fault with them, he said, "Behold, the days come," says the Lord, "That I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah; Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers, In the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; For they didn't continue in my covenant, And I disregarded them," says the Lord. "For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel. After those days," says the Lord; "I will put my laws into their mind, I will also write them on their heart. I will be to them a God, And they will be to me a people. They will not teach every man his fellow citizen, Every man his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,' For all will know me, From the least of them to the greatest of them. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness. I will remember their sins and lawless deeds no more."
Hebrews 8:8-12 (Jeremiah 31:31-34)

That comes true by words Jesus taught, if person receives them.

Jesus answered him, "Most assuredly, I tell you, unless one is born anew, he can't see the Kingdom of God." Nicodemus said to him, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb, and be born?" Jesus answered, "Most assuredly I tell you, unless one is born of water and spirit, he can't enter into the Kingdom of God! That which is born of the flesh is flesh. That which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Don't marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born anew.'
John 3:3-7

But as many as received him, to them he gave the right to become God's children, to those who believe in his name: who were born not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
John 1:12-13

Please explain why that is not fulfilled prophesy?
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 8:11:18 PM
At 8/3/2016 6:16:06 PM, matt8800 wrote:

That's far from unique. 1% of all women claim to get pregnant as virgins,

But this specific one was prophesied thousands of years prior... So it IS unique.

although it was more prevalent 2000 years ago.

Got evidence?

http://www.reuters.com...

Where does it say that?

There is no evidence Jesus was anyone other than a moral teacher at best or a liar and lunatic at worst. Thomas Paine did a great job obliterating biblical claims regarding Jesus.

Except the voluntary martyrdom of the Apostles is evidence His miracles really happened, so He wasn't a liar or lunatic.

http://www.deism.com...