Total Posts:333|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Who Is Really Deluded?

Willows
Posts: 2,091
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 1:06:54 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
The one common thread I find recurring through most topics in this forum is that both theists and atheists accuse each other of being deluded in arguing their respective beliefs (or lack of belief).

The one thing about delusion is that the sufferer is completely unaware that he or she is afflicted by the condition and clinical tests have shown that the same person can behave normal otherwise.

Is there a way we can put it to the test to find out who is deluded and who isn't?
Willows
Posts: 2,091
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 1:29:44 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/3/2016 1:10:22 PM, bulproof wrote:
Who Is Really Deluded?
Silly question.

Precisely the point, you say it and someone on the other side of the fence is going to say the same thing, inferring of course that the other is deluded.
bulproof
Posts: 25,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 1:32:06 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/3/2016 1:29:44 PM, Willows wrote:
At 8/3/2016 1:10:22 PM, bulproof wrote:
Who Is Really Deluded?
Silly question.

Precisely the point, you say it and someone on the other side of the fence is going to say the same thing, inferring of course that the other is deluded.

Of course. But I love it. It's so funny.
Willows
Posts: 2,091
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 1:48:14 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/3/2016 1:32:06 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/3/2016 1:29:44 PM, Willows wrote:
At 8/3/2016 1:10:22 PM, bulproof wrote:
Who Is Really Deluded?
Silly question.

Precisely the point, you say it and someone on the other side of the fence is going to say the same thing, inferring of course that the other is deluded.

Of course. But I love it. It's so funny.

Ever stood between two mirrors? Bit like that really... you're deluded about me being deluded about you being deluded about me being deluded about you being deluded........................
dee-em
Posts: 6,498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 1:59:13 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/3/2016 1:06:54 PM, Willows wrote:
The one common thread I find recurring through most topics in this forum is that both theists and atheists accuse each other of being deluded in arguing their respective beliefs (or lack of belief).

The one thing about delusion is that the sufferer is completely unaware that he or she is afflicted by the condition and clinical tests have shown that the same person can behave normal otherwise.

Is there a way we can put it to the test to find out who is deluded and who isn't?

How can one be deluded about not believing in something which cannot be shown to objectively exist? In order to clinically confirm the delusion you would need to provide compelling evidence that this something actually existed. Where is this evidence?
Fatihah
Posts: 7,770
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 2:55:49 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/3/2016 1:06:54 PM, Willows wrote:
The one common thread I find recurring through most topics in this forum is that both theists and atheists accuse each other of being deluded in arguing their respective beliefs (or lack of belief).

The one thing about delusion is that the sufferer is completely unaware that he or she is afflicted by the condition and clinical tests have shown that the same person can behave normal otherwise.

Is there a way we can put it to the test to find out who is deluded and who isn't?

Response: Yes. When common sense and basic logic is rejected, such a person is delusional.

Case in point:

Atheists cannot bring order in their own life without making a choice first. So atheists no firsthand that order can only come from choice.

Atheists then say that there is no logical evidence that the universe and life itself originated from choice, despite the order that is in both.

Hence, atheism is delusion.
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 3:10:43 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/3/2016 2:55:49 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 8/3/2016 1:06:54 PM, Willows wrote:
The one common thread I find recurring through most topics in this forum is that both theists and atheists accuse each other of being deluded in arguing their respective beliefs (or lack of belief).

The one thing about delusion is that the sufferer is completely unaware that he or she is afflicted by the condition and clinical tests have shown that the same person can behave normal otherwise.

Is there a way we can put it to the test to find out who is deluded and who isn't?

Response: Yes. When common sense and basic logic is rejected, such a person is delusional.

Case in point:

Atheists cannot bring order in their own life without making a choice first. So atheists no firsthand that order can only come from choice.

Atheists then say that there is no logical evidence that the universe and life itself originated from choice, despite the order that is in both.

Hence, atheism is delusion.

Says the pervert who claims that children as young as six years old can show like of sex.
lawlypants
Posts: 382
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 3:13:29 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/3/2016 3:10:43 PM, desmac wrote:
At 8/3/2016 2:55:49 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 8/3/2016 1:06:54 PM, Willows wrote:
The one common thread I find recurring through most topics in this forum is that both theists and atheists accuse each other of being deluded in arguing their respective beliefs (or lack of belief).

The one thing about delusion is that the sufferer is completely unaware that he or she is afflicted by the condition and clinical tests have shown that the same person can behave normal otherwise.

Is there a way we can put it to the test to find out who is deluded and who isn't?

Response: Yes. When common sense and basic logic is rejected, such a person is delusional.

Case in point:

Atheists cannot bring order in their own life without making a choice first. So atheists no firsthand that order can only come from choice.

Atheists then say that there is no logical evidence that the universe and life itself originated from choice, despite the order that is in both.

Hence, atheism is delusion.

Says the pervert who claims that children as young as six years old can show like of sex.

I might have been molesting my own babysitters at that age. Just because you were drooling over your little rattle at that age, doesn't mean everyone else was. lol
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 3:15:33 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/3/2016 3:13:29 PM, lawlypants wrote:
At 8/3/2016 3:10:43 PM, desmac wrote:
At 8/3/2016 2:55:49 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 8/3/2016 1:06:54 PM, Willows wrote:
The one common thread I find recurring through most topics in this forum is that both theists and atheists accuse each other of being deluded in arguing their respective beliefs (or lack of belief).

The one thing about delusion is that the sufferer is completely unaware that he or she is afflicted by the condition and clinical tests have shown that the same person can behave normal otherwise.

Is there a way we can put it to the test to find out who is deluded and who isn't?

Response: Yes. When common sense and basic logic is rejected, such a person is delusional.

Case in point:

Atheists cannot bring order in their own life without making a choice first. So atheists no firsthand that order can only come from choice.

Atheists then say that there is no logical evidence that the universe and life itself originated from choice, despite the order that is in both.

Hence, atheism is delusion.

Says the pervert who claims that children as young as six years old can show like of sex.

I might have been molesting my own babysitters at that age. Just because you were drooling over your little rattle at that age, doesn't mean everyone else was. lol

I am not the one making peculiar claims, Fati is.
matt8800
Posts: 2,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 3:40:58 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/3/2016 1:06:54 PM, Willows wrote:
The one common thread I find recurring through most topics in this forum is that both theists and atheists accuse each other of being deluded in arguing their respective beliefs (or lack of belief).

The one thing about delusion is that the sufferer is completely unaware that he or she is afflicted by the condition and clinical tests have shown that the same person can behave normal otherwise.

Is there a way we can put it to the test to find out who is deluded and who isn't?

Put the X next to the one that sounds most delusional:

______ Believing in something without evidence (faith) with blanket rejection of any critiques.

______ Believing that which has empirical evidence while dismissing extraordinary claims without any empirical evidence.
lawlypants
Posts: 382
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 3:49:45 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/3/2016 3:40:58 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 8/3/2016 1:06:54 PM, Willows wrote:
The one common thread I find recurring through most topics in this forum is that both theists and atheists accuse each other of being deluded in arguing their respective beliefs (or lack of belief).

The one thing about delusion is that the sufferer is completely unaware that he or she is afflicted by the condition and clinical tests have shown that the same person can behave normal otherwise.

Is there a way we can put it to the test to find out who is deluded and who isn't?

Put the X next to the one that sounds most delusional:

______ Believing in something without evidence (faith) with blanket rejection of any critiques.

______ Believing that which has empirical evidence while dismissing extraordinary claims without any empirical evidence.

That whole X-marks-the-spot-next-to-sentence-you-like-best exercise sounds delusional.
matt8800
Posts: 2,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 4:03:16 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/3/2016 3:49:45 PM, lawlypants wrote:
At 8/3/2016 3:40:58 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 8/3/2016 1:06:54 PM, Willows wrote:
The one common thread I find recurring through most topics in this forum is that both theists and atheists accuse each other of being deluded in arguing their respective beliefs (or lack of belief).

The one thing about delusion is that the sufferer is completely unaware that he or she is afflicted by the condition and clinical tests have shown that the same person can behave normal otherwise.

Is there a way we can put it to the test to find out who is deluded and who isn't?

Put the X next to the one that sounds most delusional:

______ Believing in something without evidence (faith) with blanket rejection of any critiques.

______ Believing that which has empirical evidence while dismissing extraordinary claims without any empirical evidence.

That whole X-marks-the-spot-next-to-sentence-you-like-best exercise sounds delusional.

How so? Would love to hear an explanation of your statement out of curiosity, assuming you have one of course. Give it your best shot...
matt8800
Posts: 2,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 4:09:06 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/3/2016 3:49:45 PM, lawlypants wrote:
At 8/3/2016 3:40:58 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 8/3/2016 1:06:54 PM, Willows wrote:
The one common thread I find recurring through most topics in this forum is that both theists and atheists accuse each other of being deluded in arguing their respective beliefs (or lack of belief).

The one thing about delusion is that the sufferer is completely unaware that he or she is afflicted by the condition and clinical tests have shown that the same person can behave normal otherwise.

Is there a way we can put it to the test to find out who is deluded and who isn't?

Put the X next to the one that sounds most delusional:

______ Believing in something without evidence (faith) with blanket rejection of any critiques.

______ Believing that which has empirical evidence while dismissing extraordinary claims without any empirical evidence.

That whole X-marks-the-spot-next-to-sentence-you-like-best exercise sounds delusional.

I don't think you understand what delusional means so I figured I would help you out. Here you go:

'Although non-specific concepts of madness have been around for several thousand years, the psychiatrist and philosopher Karl Jaspers was the first to define the three main criteria for a belief to be considered delusional in his 1913 book General Psychopathology.

These criteria are:
1. Certainty (held with absolute conviction)
2. Incorrigibility (not changeable by compelling counterargument or proof to the contrary)
3. Impossibility or falsity of content (implausible, bizarre, or patently untrue)[2]

Furthermore, when a false belief involves a value judgment, it is only considered a delusion if it is so extreme that it cannot be, or never can be proven true. For example: a man claiming that he flew into the sun and flew back home. This would be considered a delusion,[3] unless he were speaking figuratively.'

https://en.wikipedia.org...

Doesn't that sound like religion to you?
Burzmali
Posts: 1,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 4:15:57 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
Considering that the definition of "delusion" is a belief maintained despite evidence to the contrary, it's impossible for a passive (i.e. weak) atheist to be deluded regarding the topic of god. Continuing with that definition, any person citing faith to maintain a religious belief in the face of evidence against it would therefore be deluded. I'm not sure how this is even debatable, unless you don't understand what evidence is.
lawlypants
Posts: 382
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 8:29:09 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/3/2016 4:09:06 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 8/3/2016 3:49:45 PM, lawlypants wrote:
At 8/3/2016 3:40:58 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 8/3/2016 1:06:54 PM, Willows wrote:
The one common thread I find recurring through most topics in this forum is that both theists and atheists accuse each other of being deluded in arguing their respective beliefs (or lack of belief).

The one thing about delusion is that the sufferer is completely unaware that he or she is afflicted by the condition and clinical tests have shown that the same person can behave normal otherwise.

Is there a way we can put it to the test to find out who is deluded and who isn't?

Put the X next to the one that sounds most delusional:

______ Believing in something without evidence (faith) with blanket rejection of any critiques.

______ Believing that which has empirical evidence while dismissing extraordinary claims without any empirical evidence.

That whole X-marks-the-spot-next-to-sentence-you-like-best exercise sounds delusional.

I don't think you understand what delusional means so I figured I would help you out. Here you go:

'Although non-specific concepts of madness have been around for several thousand years, the psychiatrist and philosopher Karl Jaspers was the first to define the three main criteria for a belief to be considered delusional in his 1913 book General Psychopathology.

These criteria are:
1. Certainty (held with absolute conviction)
2. Incorrigibility (not changeable by compelling counterargument or proof to the contrary)
3. Impossibility or falsity of content (implausible, bizarre, or patently untrue)[2]

Furthermore, when a false belief involves a value judgment, it is only considered a delusion if it is so extreme that it cannot be, or never can be proven true. For example: a man claiming that he flew into the sun and flew back home. This would be considered a delusion,[3] unless he were speaking figuratively.'

https://en.wikipedia.org...

Doesn't that sound like religion to you?

Not at all actually. It sounds like "atheism".
Harikrish
Posts: 11,014
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 8:46:22 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/3/2016 1:06:54 PM, Willows wrote:
The one common thread I find recurring through most topics in this forum is that both theists and atheists accuse each other of being deluded in arguing their respective beliefs (or lack of belief).

The one thing about delusion is that the sufferer is completely unaware that he or she is afflicted by the condition and clinical tests have shown that the same person can behave normal otherwise.

Is there a way we can put it to the test to find out who is deluded and who isn't?
Yes, there is a simple way to find out if Christians along with their leaders are deluded. You have to go to the experts who study and treat mental disorders like psychiatrists.

"Curing Christians of their mental illness:

1.Evolutionist psychiatrists may one day take steps to treat Christians of their delusion that Jesus is the God who created the world in 6 literal 24 hour days.
2. Schizophrenia is diagnosed on the basis of delusion. Psychiatrists are atheists who do not believe in God and view those who do as delusional. To them, Christians are as delusional as someone who believes in unicorns.
3.C.S. Lewis foresaw the future "treatment" of Christians to cure them of their faith delusions: "The practical problem of Christian politics is not that of drawing up schemes for a Christian society, but that of living as innocently as we can with unbelieving fellow-subjects under unbelieving rulers who will never be perfectly wise and good and who will sometimes be very wicked and very foolish. And when they are wicked the Humanitarian theory of punishment will put in their hands a finer instrument of tyranny than wickedness ever had before. For if crime and disease are to be regarded as the same thing, it follows that any state of mind which our masters choose to call 'disease' can be treated as a crime; and compulsorily cured. It will be vain to plead that states of mind which displease government need not always involve moral turpitude and do not therefore always deserve forfeiture of liberty. For our masters will not be using the concepts of Desert and Punishment but those of disease and cure. We know that one school of psychology already regards religion as a neurosis. When this particular neurosis becomes inconvenient to government, what is to hinder government from proceeding to 'cure' it? Such 'cure' will, of course, be compulsory; but under the Humanitarian theory it will not be called by the shocking name of Persecution. No one will blame us for being Christians, no one will hate us, no one will revile us. The new Nero will approach us with the silky manners of a doctor, and though all will be in fact as compulsory as the tunica molesta or Smithfield or Tyburn, all will go on within the unemotional therapeutic sphere where words like 'right' and 'wrong' or 'freedom' and 'slavery' are never heard. And thus when the command is given, every prominent Christian in the land may vanish overnight into Institutions for the Treatment of the Ideologically Unsound, and it will rest with the expert gaolers to say when (if ever) they are to re-emerge. But it will not be persecution. Even if the treatment is painful, even if it is life-long, even if it is fatal, that will be only a regrettable accident; the intention was purely therapeutic. In ordinary medicine there were painful operations and fatal operations; so in this. But because they are 'treatment', not punishment, they can be criticized only by fellow-experts and on technical grounds, never by men as men and on grounds of justice." (The Humanitarian Theory of Punishment, C.S. Lewis, 1953 AD)"

Link to follow.
Willows
Posts: 2,091
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2016 6:01:56 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/3/2016 3:40:58 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 8/3/2016 1:06:54 PM, Willows wrote:
The one common thread I find recurring through most topics in this forum is that both theists and atheists accuse each other of being deluded in arguing their respective beliefs (or lack of belief).

The one thing about delusion is that the sufferer is completely unaware that he or she is afflicted by the condition and clinical tests have shown that the same person can behave normal otherwise.

Is there a way we can put it to the test to find out who is deluded and who isn't?

Put the X next to the one that sounds most delusional:

______ Believing in something without evidence (faith) with blanket rejection of any critiques.

______ Believing that which has empirical evidence while dismissing extraordinary claims without any empirical evidence.

I'm playing devil's advocate here and come up with the usual counter that faith does not have empirical evidence since spiritualism is beyond proof,
So how do we get round that?
Willows
Posts: 2,091
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2016 6:08:15 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/3/2016 2:55:49 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 8/3/2016 1:06:54 PM, Willows wrote:
The one common thread I find recurring through most topics in this forum is that both theists and atheists accuse each other of being deluded in arguing their respective beliefs (or lack of belief).

The one thing about delusion is that the sufferer is completely unaware that he or she is afflicted by the condition and clinical tests have shown that the same person can behave normal otherwise.

Is there a way we can put it to the test to find out who is deluded and who isn't?

Response: Yes. When common sense and basic logic is rejected, such a person is delusional.

Case in point:

Atheists cannot bring order in their own life without making a choice first. So atheists no firsthand that order can only come from choice.

Atheists then say that there is no logical evidence that the universe and life itself originated from choice, despite the order that is in both.

Hence, atheism is delusion.

Let me ask you this then...it is not a trick question but simple math:

You purchase a baseball bat and ball for $110. The baseball cost $100 more than the baseball. How much did the ball cost?
dee-em
Posts: 6,498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2016 6:11:02 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/4/2016 6:01:56 AM, Willows wrote:
At 8/3/2016 3:40:58 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 8/3/2016 1:06:54 PM, Willows wrote:
The one common thread I find recurring through most topics in this forum is that both theists and atheists accuse each other of being deluded in arguing their respective beliefs (or lack of belief).

The one thing about delusion is that the sufferer is completely unaware that he or she is afflicted by the condition and clinical tests have shown that the same person can behave normal otherwise.

Is there a way we can put it to the test to find out who is deluded and who isn't?

Put the X next to the one that sounds most delusional:

______ Believing in something without evidence (faith) with blanket rejection of any critiques.

______ Believing that which has empirical evidence while dismissing extraordinary claims without any empirical evidence.

I'm playing devil's advocate here and come up with the usual counter that faith does not have empirical evidence since spiritualism is beyond proof,
So how do we get round that?

That's a problem for the faithful. They don't get any special dispensation compared to any other delusional belief. Since Box B doesn't have that problem, your question is answered.
Willows
Posts: 2,091
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2016 6:19:19 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/4/2016 6:11:02 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/4/2016 6:01:56 AM, Willows wrote:
At 8/3/2016 3:40:58 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 8/3/2016 1:06:54 PM, Willows wrote:
The one common thread I find recurring through most topics in this forum is that both theists and atheists accuse each other of being deluded in arguing their respective beliefs (or lack of belief).

The one thing about delusion is that the sufferer is completely unaware that he or she is afflicted by the condition and clinical tests have shown that the same person can behave normal otherwise.

Is there a way we can put it to the test to find out who is deluded and who isn't?

Put the X next to the one that sounds most delusional:

______ Believing in something without evidence (faith) with blanket rejection of any critiques.

______ Believing that which has empirical evidence while dismissing extraordinary claims without any empirical evidence.

I'm playing devil's advocate here and come up with the usual counter that faith does not have empirical evidence since spiritualism is beyond proof,
So how do we get round that?

That's a problem for the faithful. They don't get any special dispensation compared to any other delusional belief. Since Box B doesn't have that problem, your question is answered.
Well put.
dee-em
Posts: 6,498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2016 7:44:21 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/4/2016 6:08:15 AM, Willows wrote:
At 8/3/2016 2:55:49 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 8/3/2016 1:06:54 PM, Willows wrote:
The one common thread I find recurring through most topics in this forum is that both theists and atheists accuse each other of being deluded in arguing their respective beliefs (or lack of belief).

The one thing about delusion is that the sufferer is completely unaware that he or she is afflicted by the condition and clinical tests have shown that the same person can behave normal otherwise.

Is there a way we can put it to the test to find out who is deluded and who isn't?

Response: Yes. When common sense and basic logic is rejected, such a person is delusional.

Case in point:

Atheists cannot bring order in their own life without making a choice first. So atheists no firsthand that order can only come from choice.

Atheists then say that there is no logical evidence that the universe and life itself originated from choice, despite the order that is in both.

Hence, atheism is delusion.

Let me ask you this then...it is not a trick question but simple math:

You purchase a baseball bat and ball for $110. The baseball cost $100 more than the baseball. How much did the ball cost?

Correction:

You purchase a baseball bat and ball for $110. The baseball bat cost $100 more than the baseball. How much did the ball cost?
Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2016 8:21:15 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/4/2016 7:44:21 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/4/2016 6:08:15 AM, Willows wrote:
At 8/3/2016 2:55:49 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 8/3/2016 1:06:54 PM, Willows wrote:
The one common thread I find recurring through most topics in this forum is that both theists and atheists accuse each other of being deluded in arguing their respective beliefs (or lack of belief).

The one thing about delusion is that the sufferer is completely unaware that he or she is afflicted by the condition and clinical tests have shown that the same person can behave normal otherwise.

Is there a way we can put it to the test to find out who is deluded and who isn't?

Response: Yes. When common sense and basic logic is rejected, such a person is delusional.

Case in point:

Atheists cannot bring order in their own life without making a choice first. So atheists no firsthand that order can only come from choice.

Atheists then say that there is no logical evidence that the universe and life itself originated from choice, despite the order that is in both.

Hence, atheism is delusion.

Let me ask you this then...it is not a trick question but simple math:

You purchase a baseball bat and ball for $110. The baseball cost $100 more than the baseball. How much did the ball cost?

Correction:

You purchase a baseball bat and ball for $110. The baseball bat cost $100 more than the baseball. How much did the ball cost?

What's a baseball ? Do you mean baseball ball
Not enough info , how much was it.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2016 8:23:54 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/4/2016 8:21:15 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 8/4/2016 7:44:21 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/4/2016 6:08:15 AM, Willows wrote:
At 8/3/2016 2:55:49 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 8/3/2016 1:06:54 PM, Willows wrote:
The one common thread I find recurring through most topics in this forum is that both theists and atheists accuse each other of being deluded in arguing their respective beliefs (or lack of belief).

The one thing about delusion is that the sufferer is completely unaware that he or she is afflicted by the condition and clinical tests have shown that the same person can behave normal otherwise.

Is there a way we can put it to the test to find out who is deluded and who isn't?

Response: Yes. When common sense and basic logic is rejected, such a person is delusional.

Case in point:

Atheists cannot bring order in their own life without making a choice first. So atheists no firsthand that order can only come from choice.

Atheists then say that there is no logical evidence that the universe and life itself originated from choice, despite the order that is in both.

Hence, atheism is delusion.

Let me ask you this then...it is not a trick question but simple math:

You purchase a baseball bat and ball for $110. The baseball cost $100 more than the baseball. How much did the ball cost?

Correction:

You purchase a baseball bat and ball for $110. The baseball bat cost $100 more than the baseball. How much did the ball cost?

What's a baseball ? Do you mean baseball ball
Not enough info , how much was it.

5 for the ball
Fatihah
Posts: 7,770
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2016 9:47:21 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/4/2016 6:08:15 AM, Willows wrote:

Let me ask you this then...it is not a trick question but simple math:

You purchase a baseball bat and ball for $110. The baseball cost $100 more than the baseball. How much did the ball cost?

Response: Exactly. In response to atheist logic of whether God exist, you doge addressing it and ask an irrelevant math problem?

Atheist delusion at its best.
Willows
Posts: 2,091
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2016 9:57:20 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/4/2016 9:47:21 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 8/4/2016 6:08:15 AM, Willows wrote:

Let me ask you this then...it is not a trick question but simple math:

You purchase a baseball bat and ball for $110. The baseball cost $100 more than the baseball. How much did the ball cost?

Response: Exactly. In response to atheist logic of whether God exist, you doge addressing it and ask an irrelevant math problem?

Atheist delusion at its best.

Quite the opposite, there was a very relevant reason for asking the question. It was to test your ability to reason.
Willows
Posts: 2,091
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2016 10:02:11 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/4/2016 8:23:54 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 8/4/2016 8:21:15 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 8/4/2016 7:44:21 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/4/2016 6:08:15 AM, Willows wrote:
At 8/3/2016 2:55:49 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 8/3/2016 1:06:54 PM, Willows wrote:
The one common thread I find recurring through most topics in this forum is that both theists and atheists accuse each other of being deluded in arguing their respective beliefs (or lack of belief).

The one thing about delusion is that the sufferer is completely unaware that he or she is afflicted by the condition and clinical tests have shown that the same person can behave normal otherwise.

Is there a way we can put it to the test to find out who is deluded and who isn't?

Response: Yes. When common sense and basic logic is rejected, such a person is delusional.

Case in point:

Atheists cannot bring order in their own life without making a choice first. So atheists no firsthand that order can only come from choice.

Atheists then say that there is no logical evidence that the universe and life itself originated from choice, despite the order that is in both.

Hence, atheism is delusion.

Let me ask you this then...it is not a trick question but simple math:

You purchase a baseball bat and ball for $110. The baseball cost $100 more than the baseball. How much did the ball cost?

Correction:

You purchase a baseball bat and ball for $110. The baseball bat cost $100 more than the baseball. How much did the ball cost?

What's a baseball ? Do you mean baseball ball
Not enough info , how much was it.

5 for the ball

Sorry about that, baseball bat.
I was trying to get Fatihah to work it out....he couldn't even get to first base.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2016 10:04:50 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/4/2016 10:02:11 AM, Willows wrote:
At 8/4/2016 8:23:54 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 8/4/2016 8:21:15 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 8/4/2016 7:44:21 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/4/2016 6:08:15 AM, Willows wrote:
At 8/3/2016 2:55:49 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 8/3/2016 1:06:54 PM, Willows wrote:
The one common thread I find recurring through most topics in this forum is that both theists and atheists accuse each other of being deluded in arguing their respective beliefs (or lack of belief).

The one thing about delusion is that the sufferer is completely unaware that he or she is afflicted by the condition and clinical tests have shown that the same person can behave normal otherwise.

Is there a way we can put it to the test to find out who is deluded and who isn't?

Response: Yes. When common sense and basic logic is rejected, such a person is delusional.

Case in point:

Atheists cannot bring order in their own life without making a choice first. So atheists no firsthand that order can only come from choice.

Atheists then say that there is no logical evidence that the universe and life itself originated from choice, despite the order that is in both.

Hence, atheism is delusion.

Let me ask you this then...it is not a trick question but simple math:

You purchase a baseball bat and ball for $110. The baseball cost $100 more than the baseball. How much did the ball cost?

Correction:

You purchase a baseball bat and ball for $110. The baseball bat cost $100 more than the baseball. How much did the ball cost?

What's a baseball ? Do you mean baseball ball
Not enough info , how much was it.

5 for the ball

Sorry about that, baseball bat.
I was trying to get Fatihah to work it out....he couldn't even get to first base.

With a 6 year old
Fatihah
Posts: 7,770
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2016 10:09:35 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/4/2016 9:57:20 AM, Willows wrote:

Quite the opposite, there was a very relevant reason for asking the question. It was to test your ability to reason.

Response: To the contrary, showing reason is to address the contention. Not dodge it. I states a specific contention about atheism, you have not addressed it. Dodging contention is not a test of reason but quite the opposite.