Jump to topic:

Which Bible is God's word?

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 1:38:18 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
Is it the original bible or is it the bible of the reformation?
The original would be the creation of men.
The reformation would be the creation of men.
Do you have a bible that is the creation of your god?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2016 3:17:57 AM
At 8/3/2016 1:38:18 PM, bulproof wrote:
Question too hard?
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2016 12:30:20 PM

bullpoop which version of the bible u referring to
Never fart near dog
Omniverse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2016 4:00:47 PM

The answer I'm most looking forward to is Ethan's...
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2016 4:10:38 PM
At 8/4/2016 4:00:47 PM, Omniverse wrote:

Of course you are.

But really, you question is irrational. You ask, "which Bible,.....the original or...."

Only the original Bible is the Bible. Others are simply versions built off the original. Some are passable and others aren't. Now, if we have the original, why would we prefer a copy?

There is only one Bible. There are many versions. Is your question, "Which version is God's word"? Why ask about versions at all when we have the original?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2016 4:22:36 PM
At 8/4/2016 4:10:38 PM, ethang5 wrote:

Of course you are.

But really, you question is irrational. You ask, "which Bible,.....the original or...."

Only the original Bible is the Bible. Others are simply versions built off the original. Some are passable and others aren't. Now, if we have the original, why would we prefer a copy?

There is only one Bible. There are many versions. Is your question, "Which version is God's word"? Why ask about versions at all when we have the original?
So the Catholic bible is God's word.
Omniverse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2016 4:23:09 PM
My questions are "Which version of the Bible does Ethan go with?" and "Why that version ?".

*grabs popcorn*
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2016 5:33:05 PM
At 8/4/2016 4:22:36 PM, bulproof wrote:

Of course you are.

I know of no Bible called the "Catholic Bible". I doubt highly if the original scribes putting the Bible into written form knew of the word Catholic.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2016 5:36:11 PM
At 8/4/2016 4:23:09 PM, Omniverse wrote:
My questions are "Which version of the Bible does Ethan go with?" and "Why that version ?".

*grabs popcorn*

Fitting, as the vacuous can only watch.

But as a serial dodger, you don't get to ask me questions or get answers from me. If you will always dodge, then you don't deserve responses from me. Pearls, swine, you know the drill.

Enjoy your popcorn.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2016 5:49:12 PM
At 8/4/2016 5:33:05 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 8/4/2016 4:22:36 PM, bulproof wrote:

Of course you are.

I know of no Bible called the "Catholic Bible". I doubt highly if the original scribes putting the Bible into written form knew of the word Catholic.

Being a Jehovah's Witness you should be promoting the NWT bible.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2016 4:24:36 AM

Of course you are.

So you don't have one that is the creation of your god?
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2016 6:24:59 AM

Of course you are.

Where is this original bible kept?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2016 7:07:03 AM
At 8/5/2016 6:24:59 AM, desmac wrote:

Of course you are.

Where is this original bible kept?
I don't know where it is but so many have told me of the bible that existed before the bible existed.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2016 12:49:21 AM
At 8/5/2016 7:29:27 AM, tarantula wrote:
ALL Bibles are the work of humans with no input from any god, imo.

The bible is a book actually 66 books which contains the inspired word of God. It is written by human authors who wrote what God wanted them to write and therefore the bible gives us a glimpse into the compassion and love God has for His creation.

The central character in the bible is Jesus. the whole book is really about Him. The Old Testament predicts His coming and sets the stage for His entrance into the world. The New Testament describes His coming and His work to bring salvation to our sinful world.

It is also a book about the Jews and their struggle with God detailed in their trials and tribulations and finally their rejection of Jesus.

The bible is full of poetic imagery and an unsurpassed literary style which has made it the greatest story ever told and the best selling book ever produced. You have to read it to believe it.

I am Harikrish a Champion for Christians.
You can check my credentials here.
http://www.debate.org...
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2016 4:26:00 AM

The words God spoke to the Prophets is the Word of God. The Word of God made flesh is Jesus.

The collection of writings, history, and testimonies collectively is called the Bible and by association called "The word of God".

Before Christianity this applied to the Torah. The Jewish tradition was that every word of the Torah was transcribed by Moses. Making all of it "God-breathed" Later this was extended to also include the minor and major books of the prophets.

I think an appropriate respect would be that these writings were ascribed by humans. And humans don't do anything perfectly. So that even if we can imagine God speaking to people, the actual words would be somewhat erroneously recorded later.

This understanding is even present in Genesis. When God forbade Adam to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. And yet later when the serpent was discoursing with Eve, she erroneously said God said do not touch. She paraphrased and added to what God had commanded.

Tho adding do not touch sounds like a smart addition, when she did touch the fruit. And didn't die. It must have given her confidence to continue.

As for which "Bible" is the most accurate recollection of God breathed words that's debatable. Personally i don't think any are complete or completely accurate recollections of God breathed words.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2016 4:30:15 AM
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2016 5:19:13 AM
At 8/8/2016 12:49:21 AM, Harikrish wrote:

The bible is a book actually 66 books which contains the inspired word of God. It is written by human authors who wrote what God wanted them to write and therefore the bible gives us a glimpse into the compassion and love God has for His creation.

The central character in the bible is Jesus. the whole book is really about Him. The Old Testament predicts His coming and sets the stage for His entrance into the world. The New Testament describes His coming and His work to bring salvation to our sinful world.

It is also a book about the Jews and their struggle with God detailed in their trials and tribulations and finally their rejection of Jesus.

The bible is full of poetic imagery and an unsurpassed literary style which has made it the greatest story ever told and the best selling book ever produced. You have to read it to believe it.

And it's all fiction.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2016 5:22:00 AM
At 8/8/2016 4:30:15 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
Thanks for your dribble, SpiT.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2016 6:49:08 AM
Notice how none of the "christians" can say which version of their bible is the "correct" one?
tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2016 7:10:21 AM

Thanks for my first giggle of the day, LOL!
mjmaxwell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2016 9:47:29 AM

Of course you are.

There is only one Bible. There are many versions. Is your question, "Which version is God's word"? Why ask about versions at all when we have the original? : :

The Bible is not God's word. The Bible came into being because of God's word that was delivered into the minds of those who wrote and spoke for him. Those original written words by those who wrote for God have been tampered with by religious men who were under the influence of Satan and the Beast. They stole those original written words and added their religious traditions, laws and pagan teachings to them.

The new testament contains very few original written words by the those God used to write for him. It was religious people who were influenced by Satan and the Beast who wrote those new testament books that contain religious traditions, religious laws and religious pagan teachings with a few original written words by God's servants that they stole. Most of the original writings by God's saints were not put into the new testament because religious men destroyed most of them when they arrested the saints and had them killed.

The religious men made their followers believe the original writings by God's servants were "evil Gnostic writings". That made all those original writings that were being circulated by God's believers thought of as being evil. One of those "evil Gnostic writings" that religious men discourage their believers from reading is the Gospel of Thomas which only God's servant can understand.

Here's a few secret sayings from the Gospel of Thomas that no religious person can understand. Since religious people can't understand them, they weren't allowed in their new testament.

6. His disciples asked him and said to him, "Do you want us to fast? How should we pray? Should we give to charity? What diet should we observe?"
Jesus said, "Don't lie, and don't do what you hate, because all things are disclosed before heaven. After all, there is nothing hidden that will not be revealed, and there is nothing covered up that will remain undisclosed."

9. Jesus said, "Look, the sower went out, took a handful (of seeds), and scattered (them). Some fell on the road, and the birds came and gathered them. Others fell on rock, and they didn't take root in the soil and didn't produce heads of grain. Others fell on thorns, and they choked the seeds and worms ate them. And others fell on good soil, and it produced a good crop: it yielded sixty per measure and one hundred twenty per measure."

12. The disciples said to Jesus, "We know that you are going to leave us. Who will be our leader?"
Jesus said to them, "No matter where you are you are to go to James the Just, for whose sake heaven and earth came into being."

Only a few of us knows what " James the Just" means.
mjmaxwell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2016 10:05:15 AM
At 8/8/2016 9:50:53 AM, bulproof wrote:
Hello BoG ::

Hello my friend. You already read several of my posts in the past about what I know to be true but here it goes again;

I'm the only one on earth who understands how deceptive the Bible is. Not one person in 1700 years has been able to understand the prophecies until I was forced to start testifying in written and spoken words via the voice of God starting on June 16th, 2008. All those writings and spoken words via the voice of God is how I learned everything that our Creator wanted me to know. This is how I learned the Bible was used to deceive every reader of it.

The new testament has totally deceived every single Christian who believes their lord and savior is a man named Jesus and they certainly cannot interpret the OT prophecies. They think those prophecies are about their false deity named Jesus Christ. They don't even know what "Christ" means.

Always a pleasure to see how God is using you in this forum to keep those religious people confused. At least atheists admit to not believing in a voice of God and don't need any excuses like religious people use to make others believe they know God. I know for a fact that no religious person has ever heard the voice of God speak into their consciousness. If they don't hear his voice, they certainly can't obey any commandments from it.
skipsaweirdo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2016 10:35:59 AM
False premise. You assume man perverts something and it makes it man's. You can't prove that God didn't foresee what would be added or subtracted or modified and it not still be the message and purpose as determined by God. You simply are claiming man wrote the Bible and man reformed the Bible and man changed the Bible therefore no God could have been involved or foresaw the acts and it still maintain his purpose. Therefore all are man's words not Gods. Simple circular reasoning.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2016 11:11:00 AM
At 8/8/2016 5:19:13 AM, bulproof wrote:

And it's all fiction.

Stay with the program.
mjmaxwell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2016 11:14:17 AM
At 8/8/2016 4:30:15 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it." : :

Those words are about Me, the voice of God. All the former prophets and saints spoke about Me.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2016 11:18:22 AM
At 8/8/2016 7:10:21 AM, tarantula wrote:

Thank you. If only I brought a little laughter to every life I touched I would consider my life fulfilled. For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world only to lose his soul.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2016 1:30:58 PM
At 8/8/2016 11:18:22 AM, Harikrish wrote:

For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world only to lose his soul.

....and that's a question you haven't been asking yourself, is it Hari? you can play all the games you like but I see transparently....." having the property of transmitting light without appreciable scattering so that bodies lying beyond are seen clearly. Honest and open : not secretive".

But, I would guarantee you would misinterpret this passage in the end, because in reality no one can "lose their soul" can they Hari? no they cannot so to you the passage would be incoherent and to you the world is your haven (heaven)....
But, that's not what it's trying to say, it's not trying to say someone will literally lose their soul, it's a principle. And you....are illiterate to scriptural principles much less apply them which is why you are a shell of a man.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2016 1:46:30 PM
At 8/8/2016 1:30:58 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 8/8/2016 11:18:22 AM, Harikrish wrote:

For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world only to lose his soul.

....and that's a question you haven't been asking yourself, is it Hari? you can play all the games you like but I see transparently....." having the property of transmitting light without appreciable scattering so that bodies lying beyond are seen clearly. Honest and open : not secretive".

But, I would guarantee you would misinterpret this passage in the end, because in reality no one can "lose their soul" can they Hari? no they cannot so to you the passage would be incoherent and to you the world is your haven (heaven)....
But, that's not what it's trying to say, it's not trying to say someone will literally lose their soul, it's a principle. And you....are illiterate to scriptural principles much less apply them which is why you are a shell of a man.

Whoops I said "man" lol, are you a man Hair? that dirty Facebook account didn't look like one..... dirty little Hari thinks I'm stupid.