Total Posts:34|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

There is no religion v religion arguments

Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2016 4:02:53 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
If you were half certain about your Gods existence
This would be the trend.
Muslims v. Christians.
Jews v Catholics.
JW v Mormons.
Dumb v. Dumber.
All I see is. all the above v atheists.
And your arguments with the Atheists are structured in ways that should be against the religious. Like Morals , afterlife , religious books.

I want to see a Christian calling a Catholic a cunt.
Or a Mormon calling a Muslim a moron.
I'd settle for a Jew jousting with a JW about Jesus.
It's how it should be. It's like you have some kind of unwritten agreement.
Or are you all correct.? It's not like your all on the same side. Hence religion
The arguments with the Atheists go nowhere.
1 of you make a thread about the nonsense the other religions go on with.
I would love to see two people arguing about leprechauns.
Chloe8
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2016 12:07:33 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/5/2016 4:02:53 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
If you were half certain about your Gods existence
This would be the trend.
Muslims v. Christians.
Jews v Catholics.
JW v Mormons.
Dumb v. Dumber.
All I see is. all the above v atheists.
And your arguments with the Atheists are structured in ways that should be against the religious. Like Morals , afterlife , religious books.

I want to see a Christian calling a Catholic a cunt.
Or a Mormon calling a Muslim a moron.
I'd settle for a Jew jousting with a JW about Jesus.
It's how it should be. It's like you have some kind of unwritten agreement.
Or are you all correct.? It's not like your all on the same side. Hence religion
The arguments with the Atheists go nowhere.
1 of you make a thread about the nonsense the other religions go on with.
I would love to see two people arguing about leprechauns.

They all feel threatened by the truth so feel by sticking together their myths will last longer in their fight against the truth.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
dee-em
Posts: 6,477
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2016 7:12:53 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/5/2016 4:02:53 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
If you were half certain about your Gods existence
This would be the trend.
Muslims v. Christians.
Jews v Catholics.
JW v Mormons.
Dumb v. Dumber.
All I see is. all the above v atheists.
And your arguments with the Atheists are structured in ways that should be against the religious. Like Morals , afterlife , religious books.

I want to see a Christian calling a Catholic a cunt.
Or a Mormon calling a Muslim a moron.
I'd settle for a Jew jousting with a JW about Jesus.
It's how it should be. It's like you have some kind of unwritten agreement.
Or are you all correct.? It's not like your all on the same side. Hence religion
The arguments with the Atheists go nowhere.
1 of you make a thread about the nonsense the other religions go on with.
I would love to see two people arguing about leprechauns.

Follow MadCornishBiker and AnnaNicole's posts. You won't be disappointed.
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2016 3:09:58 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
It's not a very Christian thing to debate about religions.

"Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things. For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables. Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him. Who are you to judge another"s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.

One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks. For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself. For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord"s. For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living. But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written:

"As I live, says the Lord,
Every knee shall bow to Me,
And every tongue shall confess to God."
So then each of us shall give account of himself to God. Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother"s way.

I know and am convinced by the Lord Jesus that there is nothing unclean of itself; but to him who considers anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean. Yet if your brother is grieved because of your food, you are no longer walking in love. Do not destroy with your food the one for whom Christ died. Therefore do not let your good be spoken of as evil; for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. For he who serves Christ in these things is acceptable to God and approved by men.

Therefore let us pursue the things which make for peace and the things by which one may edify another. Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All things indeed are pure, but it is evil for the man who eats with offense. It is good neither to eat meat nor drink wine nor do anything by which your brother stumbles or is offended or is made weak. Do you have faith? Have it to yourself before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves. But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is sin."
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2016 6:41:38 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/6/2016 3:09:58 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
It's not a very Christian thing to debate about religions.

"Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things. For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables. Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him. Who are you to judge another"s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.

One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks. For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself. For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord"s. For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living. But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written:

"As I live, says the Lord,
Every knee shall bow to Me,
And every tongue shall confess to God."
So then each of us shall give account of himself to God. Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother"s way.

I know and am convinced by the Lord Jesus that there is nothing unclean of itself; but to him who considers anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean. Yet if your brother is grieved because of your food, you are no longer walking in love. Do not destroy with your food the one for whom Christ died. Therefore do not let your good be spoken of as evil; for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. For he who serves Christ in these things is acceptable to God and approved by men.

Therefore let us pursue the things which make for peace and the things by which one may edify another. Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All things indeed are pure, but it is evil for the man who eats with offense. It is good neither to eat meat nor drink wine nor do anything by which your brother stumbles or is offended or is made weak. Do you have faith? Have it to yourself before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves. But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is sin."


I wonder if these copy and paste jobs are lies too.
Geogeer
Posts: 4,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2016 10:09:30 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/5/2016 4:02:53 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
If you were half certain about your Gods existence
This would be the trend.
Muslims v. Christians.
Jews v Catholics.
JW v Mormons.
Dumb v. Dumber.
All I see is. all the above v atheists.
And your arguments with the Atheists are structured in ways that should be against the religious. Like Morals , afterlife , religious books.

I actually came here for more of this. The problem is that whenever one sets up one of these threads it gets spammed by atheists and it dies. If atheists would stay out of these threads there would be more of them.
RoderickSpode
Posts: 2,382
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2016 3:02:54 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/5/2016 4:02:53 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
If you were half certain about your Gods existence
This would be the trend.
Muslims v. Christians.
Jews v Catholics.
JW v Mormons.
Dumb v. Dumber.
All I see is. all the above v atheists.
And your arguments with the Atheists are structured in ways that should be against the religious. Like Morals , afterlife , religious books.

I want to see a Christian calling a Catholic a cunt.
Or a Mormon calling a Muslim a moron.
I'd settle for a Jew jousting with a JW about Jesus.
It's how it should be. It's like you have some kind of unwritten agreement.
Or are you all correct.? It's not like your all on the same side. Hence religion
The arguments with the Atheists go nowhere.
1 of you make a thread about the nonsense the other religions go on with.
I would love to see two people arguing about leprechauns.
Many of these threads are aimed at religion. When so many titles use the word religion with a negative connotation, a Christian, Muslim, Mormon, JW, etc. are left with nothing else but to defend religion as a whole. They usually result in a thiesm vs. atheism debate. It's not that a Muslim and Mormon, Christian and Baha'i, etc., agree on each other's doctrine.
Throwback
Posts: 421
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2016 3:30:15 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/5/2016 4:02:53 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
If you were half certain about your Gods existence
This would be the trend.
Muslims v. Christians.
Jews v Catholics.
JW v Mormons.
Dumb v. Dumber.
All I see is. all the above v atheists.
And your arguments with the Atheists are structured in ways that should be against the religious. Like Morals , afterlife , religious books.

I want to see a Christian calling a Catholic a cunt.
Or a Mormon calling a Muslim a moron.
I'd settle for a Jew jousting with a JW about Jesus.
It's how it should be. It's like you have some kind of unwritten agreement.
Or are you all correct.? It's not like your all on the same side. Hence religion
The arguments with the Atheists go nowhere.
1 of you make a thread about the nonsense the other religions go on with.
I would love to see two people arguing about leprechauns.

Not wishing to be nearly as profane as you do, but you are wrong about Christian togetherness: http://www.debate.org...
When I respond with "OK" don't take it personally. I'm simply being appropriately dismissive.
Throwback
Posts: 421
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2016 3:32:27 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/11/2016 10:09:30 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 8/5/2016 4:02:53 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
If you were half certain about your Gods existence
This would be the trend.
Muslims v. Christians.
Jews v Catholics.
JW v Mormons.
Dumb v. Dumber.
All I see is. all the above v atheists.
And your arguments with the Atheists are structured in ways that should be against the religious. Like Morals , afterlife , religious books.

I actually came here for more of this. The problem is that whenever one sets up one of these threads it gets spammed by atheists and it dies. If atheists would stay out of these threads there would be more of them.

I feel the same way. He is complaining about what his kind do to discussion between religious people. Here's one I posted which necessitates someone of faith to counter it: http://www.debate.org...
When I respond with "OK" don't take it personally. I'm simply being appropriately dismissive.
Omniverse
Posts: 973
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2016 3:35:37 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/11/2016 10:09:30 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 8/5/2016 4:02:53 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
If you were half certain about your Gods existence
This would be the trend.
Muslims v. Christians.
Jews v Catholics.
JW v Mormons.
Dumb v. Dumber.
All I see is. all the above v atheists.
And your arguments with the Atheists are structured in ways that should be against the religious. Like Morals , afterlife , religious books.

I actually came here for more of this. The problem is that whenever one sets up one of these threads it gets spammed by atheists and it dies. If atheists would stay out of these threads there would be more of them.

You're being increasingly obnoxious towards atheists, who, for some obscure reason, you insist on bundling up.
This is an open discussion forum.
Don't want atheists to chime in?
Easy.
Send PMs.

Or simply post on theist-exclusive forums.
Geogeer
Posts: 4,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2016 4:17:13 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/12/2016 3:35:37 PM, Omniverse wrote:
At 8/11/2016 10:09:30 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 8/5/2016 4:02:53 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
If you were half certain about your Gods existence
This would be the trend.
Muslims v. Christians.
Jews v Catholics.
JW v Mormons.
Dumb v. Dumber.
All I see is. all the above v atheists.
And your arguments with the Atheists are structured in ways that should be against the religious. Like Morals , afterlife , religious books.

I actually came here for more of this. The problem is that whenever one sets up one of these threads it gets spammed by atheists and it dies. If atheists would stay out of these threads there would be more of them.

You're being increasingly obnoxious towards atheists, who, for some obscure reason, you insist on bundling up.

Only because they have become increasingly obnoxious towards theists.

This is an open discussion forum.
Don't want atheists to chime in?
Easy.
Send PMs.

And this is precisely why the forum breaks down. There are topics. Your post should be on topic. People chime into threads with non-relevant posts. These posts throw the topic off course and the forum loses breadth of discussion because people will not stay on the topic of the post.

I have no problem with the freedom of people to post. Just post relevant to the topic. If theists want a topic to discuss between themselves don't be an a55hole and interject yourself into the discussion. It is like two people discussing two hockey teams and continually getting people jumping in saying how hockey sucks.

Keep it to yourself if it is off topic. When those fans decide to claim that hockey is the best sport then is the appropriate time to interject yourself into the discussion.

This forum lacks any sense of manners, primarily because of little Hitchens wannabes. This just causes retaliation from raging evangelicals and the whole forum descends into garbage.

Or simply post on theist-exclusive forums.

Just stay on the topic of the discussion and this is not needed.
Omniverse
Posts: 973
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2016 4:44:10 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/12/2016 4:17:13 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 8/12/2016 3:35:37 PM, Omniverse wrote:
At 8/11/2016 10:09:30 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 8/5/2016 4:02:53 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
If you were half certain about your Gods existence
This would be the trend.
Muslims v. Christians.
Jews v Catholics.
JW v Mormons.
Dumb v. Dumber.
All I see is. all the above v atheists.
And your arguments with the Atheists are structured in ways that should be against the religious. Like Morals , afterlife , religious books.

I actually came here for more of this. The problem is that whenever one sets up one of these threads it gets spammed by atheists and it dies. If atheists would stay out of these threads there would be more of them.

You're being increasingly obnoxious towards atheists, who, for some obscure reason, you insist on bundling up.

Only because they have become increasingly obnoxious towards theists.

Oh, I see.
It's wrong when atheists do it, so you do it back at them.
Got it.


This is an open discussion forum.
Don't want atheists to chime in?
Easy.
Send PMs.

And this is precisely why the forum breaks down.

The forum hardly ever breaks down.
In those rare occasions, you can report posts and JPEGs of slaughtered dogs.

There are topics. Your post should be on topic. People chime into threads with non-relevant posts. These posts throw the topic off course and the forum loses breadth of discussion because people will not stay on the topic of the post.

It's a small price to pay for such ample freedom of speech.
Ample freedom of speech any day.


I have no problem with the freedom of people to post. Just post relevant to the topic. If theists want a topic to discuss between themselves don't be an a55hole and interject yourself into the discussion.

I beg your pardon.
Say I witness an interaction between two theists and notice how it exposes a certain problem with general theistic claims or a problem with any of the theologies in dispute. I would be well within reason to call that out.

There is a reason this forum is ever so lightly moderated. Latitude is given to members. If you'd feel more comfortable with stricter moderation, I'm sure there'd be an adequate forum out there.

It is like two people discussing two hockey teams and continually getting people jumping in saying how hockey sucks.
Keep it to yourself if it is off topic.

I'm sorry but surely you realize that's not how it works around here.
There's plenty of forums out there which cater to your specific needs, no doubt.

When those fans decide to claim that hockey is the best sport then is the appropriate time to interject yourself into the discussion.


I can relate to your point of view. Alas, yours, mine, no member's specific point of view dictates how this forum runs.

This forum lacks any sense of manners, primarily because of little Hitchens wannabes.

This is blatantly false. The top offenders around here are theists, specifically Christian.

As for the Hitchens remark, he grew something of a habit of inflicting resounding defeats upon American Catholics whenever He got to debate them. Please , don't act so butthurt about it.
It's been years now.

Again, you've become increasingly obnoxious in a matter of months. Maybe this is not the right place for you.

This just causes retaliation from raging evangelicals and the whole forum descends into garbage.


Oh, I see.
When the theists misbehave it is still the atheists' fault.
Thank goodness for your impartiality!

Or simply post on theist-exclusive forums.

Just stay on the topic of the discussion and this is not needed.

I keep repeating myself.
You may want to start looking for a new forum to debate on, one which accommodates your legitimate needs and wants.
Geogeer
Posts: 4,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2016 5:45:53 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/12/2016 4:44:10 PM, Omniverse wrote:
At 8/12/2016 4:17:13 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 8/12/2016 3:35:37 PM, Omniverse wrote:
At 8/11/2016 10:09:30 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 8/5/2016 4:02:53 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
If you were half certain about your Gods existence
This would be the trend.
Muslims v. Christians.
Jews v Catholics.
JW v Mormons.
Dumb v. Dumber.
All I see is. all the above v atheists.
And your arguments with the Atheists are structured in ways that should be against the religious. Like Morals , afterlife , religious books.

I actually came here for more of this. The problem is that whenever one sets up one of these threads it gets spammed by atheists and it dies. If atheists would stay out of these threads there would be more of them.

You're being increasingly obnoxious towards atheists, who, for some obscure reason, you insist on bundling up.

Only because they have become increasingly obnoxious towards theists.

Oh, I see.
It's wrong when atheists do it, so you do it back at them.
Got it.

I'm not snarky with atheists until they go off topic or just descend into mockery to avoid carrying on with the topic at hand. One gets tired of trying to have a sincere conversation only to have the other person bring up a flying spaghetti monster once they cannot logically defend their position.

This is an open discussion forum.
Don't want atheists to chime in?
Easy.
Send PMs.

And this is precisely why the forum breaks down.

The forum hardly ever breaks down.
In those rare occasions, you can report posts and JPEGs of slaughtered dogs.

It has broken down, because there are no longer varied discussion, there are just atheists mocking and mischaracterizing. It isn't honest discussion worthy of a debate site.

There are topics. Your post should be on topic. People chime into threads with non-relevant posts. These posts throw the topic off course and the forum loses breadth of discussion because people will not stay on the topic of the post.

It's a small price to pay for such ample freedom of speech.
Ample freedom of speech any day.

So you are simply defending poor behaviour, instead of acknowledging the problem of the forum. There is a difference between freedom and license.

I have no problem with the freedom of people to post. Just post relevant to the topic. If theists want a topic to discuss between themselves don't be an a55hole and interject yourself into the discussion.

I beg your pardon.
Say I witness an interaction between two theists and notice how it exposes a certain problem with general theistic claims or a problem with any of the theologies in dispute. I would be well within reason to call that out.

Why? What concern is it of yours? There are ample threads where you can discuss whether God exists. Unless you have proof that what they are discussing is wrong then don't interject yourself into the conversation. If you are going to say something along the lines of prove God exists in the first place, go away. You haven't disproven God exists and simply derailed the thread.

There is a reason this forum is ever so lightly moderated. Latitude is given to members. If you'd feel more comfortable with stricter moderation, I'm sure there'd be an adequate forum out there.

No I expect members to be responsible enough to govern themselves. Both theists and non-theists.

It is like two people discussing two hockey teams and continually getting people jumping in saying how hockey sucks.
Keep it to yourself if it is off topic.

I'm sorry but surely you realize that's not how it works around here.
There's plenty of forums out there which cater to your specific needs, no doubt.

And this precisely addresses the OP of the thread as to why there are not more varied discussions in the forum. It is because people are unable to create threads where the topic of the thread will be discussed.

This is after all a debate website. Debates have topics that are discussed and weighed on the merits put forth. Obviously you have no desire to actually discuss and debate, but just want to disrupt and mock, since that is the behaviour you are defending.

When those fans decide to claim that hockey is the best sport then is the appropriate time to interject yourself into the discussion.


I can relate to your point of view. Alas, yours, mine, no member's specific point of view dictates how this forum runs.

If the members set the tone for the forum people will abide by the prevailing attitude. At the moment the prevailing attitude is for atheists to jump into every thread mock theists and say you have no proof God exists. It doesn't make for a very dynamic forum.

This forum lacks any sense of manners, primarily because of little Hitchens wannabes.

This is blatantly false. The top offenders around here are theists, specifically Christian.

Some of the newer Christians seem to have adopted the similar attitude.

As for the Hitchens remark, he grew something of a habit of inflicting resounding defeats upon American Catholics whenever He got to debate them. Please , don't act so butthurt about it.

He mocked and pandered to the crowd instead of honestly answering questions. He was fun to watch and a powerful rhetorician, but really pretty low on real depth. He didn't really attack Catholicism, he attacked Catholics.

It's been years now.

Again, you've become increasingly obnoxious in a matter of months. Maybe this is not the right place for you.

Simply because I'm tired of atheists entering into a discussion, and then when they cannot logically respond to something resorting to base mockery or going, yeah but you have no proof God exists. It is intellectually dishonest and a waste of time.

Just stay on the topic of the discussion and this is not needed.

I keep repeating myself.
You may want to start looking for a new forum to debate on, one which accommodates your legitimate needs and wants.

So expecting civil adult behaviour is too much to expect on a debate website? Expecting people to have sufficient intellectual honesty to stay on topic is now a shortcoming? Why not just go into the political forum and post in a Hillary thread, yeah, but you have no proof God exists! It makes as much sense.
Omniverse
Posts: 973
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2016 6:27:31 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/12/2016 5:45:53 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 8/12/2016 4:44:10 PM, Omniverse wrote:
At 8/12/2016 4:17:13 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 8/12/2016 3:35:37 PM, Omniverse wrote:
At 8/11/2016 10:09:30 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 8/5/2016 4:02:53 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:


I actually came here for more of this. The problem is that whenever one sets up one of these threads it gets spammed by atheists and it dies. If atheists would stay out of these threads there would be more of them.

You're being increasingly obnoxious towards atheists, who, for some obscure reason, you insist on bundling up.

Only because they have become increasingly obnoxious towards theists.

Oh, I see.
It's wrong when atheists do it, so you do it back at them.
Got it.

I'm not snarky with atheists until they go off topic or just descend into mockery to avoid carrying on with the topic at hand. One gets tired of trying to have a sincere conversation only to have the other person bring up a flying spaghetti monster once they cannot logically defend their position.

Remember, you are under no obligation to reply.


This is an open discussion forum.
Don't want atheists to chime in?
Easy.
Send PMs.

And this is precisely why the forum breaks down.

The forum hardly ever breaks down.
In those rare occasions, you can report posts and JPEGs of slaughtered dogs.

It has broken down, because there are no longer varied discussion, there are just atheists mocking and mischaracterizing.

I completely disagree.
Besides, you are entirely free to start a new thread and see how much traction it gets.

It isn't honest discussion worthy of a debate site.

There are topics. Your post should be on topic.

There should be some latitude, but generally speaking, yes, one should stay on topic.

People chime into threads with non-relevant posts. These posts throw the topic off course and the forum loses breadth of discussion because people will not stay on the topic of the post.

Again, a post is only derailing if others follow in its lead.


It's a small price to pay for such ample freedom of speech.
Ample freedom of speech any day.

So you are simply defending poor behaviour, instead of acknowledging the problem of the forum.

I am not excusing poor behaviour. But between occasionally witnessing poor behaviour that goes by unmoderated and having moderators constantly monitoring and moderating this forum, I'll take the former any day of the week.

There is a difference between freedom and license.

I have no problem with the freedom of people to post. Just post relevant to the topic. If theists want a topic to discuss between themselves don't be an a55hole and interject yourself into the discussion.

I beg your pardon.
Say I witness an interaction between two theists and notice how it exposes a certain problem with general theistic claims or a problem with any of the theologies in dispute. I would be well within reason to call that out.

Why? What concern is it of yours?

Me too, I'd love more interconfessional debates. Particularly among members of different Christian denominations, as it would expose some of the fundamental problems within Christianity.

I can guarantee I'd chime in to point them out.

There are ample threads where you can discuss whether God exists. Unless you have proof that what they are discussing is wrong then don't interject yourself into the conversation.

It is my prerogative to decide if and when to intervene.

If you are going to say something along the lines of prove God exists in the first place, go away.

I'm sorry, you can say that all you want. It carries no weight.

You haven't disproven God exists and simply derailed the thread.

There is a reason this forum is ever so lightly moderated. Latitude is given to members. If you'd feel more comfortable with stricter moderation, I'm sure there'd be an adequate forum out there.

No I expect members to be responsible enough to govern themselves. Both theists and non-theists.

Fully agreed.


It is like two people discussing two hockey teams and continually getting people jumping in saying how hockey sucks.
Keep it to yourself if it is off topic.

I'm sorry but surely you realize that's not how it works around here.
There's plenty of forums out there which cater to your specific needs, no doubt.

And this precisely addresses the OP of the thread as to why there are not more varied discussions in the forum.

I don't think that's the reason at all.
I encourage you to start a thread on, say, the Protestant Reformation. I might have a thing or two to say on the matter.

It is because people are unable to create threads where the topic of the thread will be discussed.

What a peculiar thing to say.
The OP is responsible for how other members behave?

This is after all a debate website. Debates have topics that are discussed and weighed on the merits put forth. Obviously you have no desire to actually discuss and debate, but just want to disrupt and mock, since that is the behaviour you are defending.

See what you did there?
I am going to ignore the jab bellow the belt.

I can relate to your point of view. Alas, yours, mine, no member's specific point of view dictates how this forum runs.

If the members set the tone for the forum people will abide by the prevailing attitude. At the moment the prevailing attitude is for atheists to jump into every thread mock theists and say you have no proof God exists. It doesn't make for a very dynamic forum.

Go elsewhere then.
If this is such a terrible place, what are you waiting for?


This forum lacks any sense of manners, primarily because of little Hitchens wannabes.

This is blatantly false. The top offenders around here are theists, specifically Christian.

Some of the newer Christians seem to have adopted the similar attitude.

As for the Hitchens remark, he grew something of a habit of inflicting resounding defeats upon American Catholics whenever He got to debate them. Please , don't act so butthurt about it.

He mocked and pandered to the crowd instead of honestly answering questions. He was fun to watch and a powerful rhetorician, but really pretty low on real depth. He didn't really attack Catholicism, he attacked Catholics.

It's been years now.

Again, you've become increasingly obnoxious in a matter of months. Maybe this is not the right place for you.

Simply because I'm tired of atheists entering into a discussion, and then when they cannot logically respond to something resorting to base mockery or going, yeah but you have no proof God exists. It is intellectually dishonest and a waste of time.

Again, what is keeping you here?

I keep repeating myself.
You may want to start looking for a new forum to debate on, one which accommodates your legitimate needs and wants.

So expecting civil adult behaviour is too much to expect on a debate website?

Perhaps you should follow up on all the unrestrictedly negative things you have to say about DDO religion forum.

Expecting people to have sufficient intellectual honesty to stay on topic is now a shortcoming?

I never said that.
Geogeer
Posts: 4,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2016 6:48:28 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/12/2016 6:27:31 PM, Omniverse wrote:
At 8/12/2016 5:45:53 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 8/12/2016 4:44:10 PM, Omniverse wrote:
At 8/12/2016 4:17:13 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 8/12/2016 3:35:37 PM, Omniverse wrote:
At 8/11/2016 10:09:30 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 8/5/2016 4:02:53 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:


I actually came here for more of this. The problem is that whenever one sets up one of these threads it gets spammed by atheists and it dies. If atheists would stay out of these threads there would be more of them.

You're being increasingly obnoxious towards atheists, who, for some obscure reason, you insist on bundling up.

Only because they have become increasingly obnoxious towards theists.

Oh, I see.
It's wrong when atheists do it, so you do it back at them.
Got it.

I'm not snarky with atheists until they go off topic or just descend into mockery to avoid carrying on with the topic at hand. One gets tired of trying to have a sincere conversation only to have the other person bring up a flying spaghetti monster once they cannot logically defend their position.

Remember, you are under no obligation to reply.

Ah so basically, I shouldn't expect any intellectual honesty from people looking to engage in an intellectual discussion.

It has broken down, because there are no longer varied discussion, there are just atheists mocking and mischaracterizing.

I completely disagree.
Besides, you are entirely free to start a new thread and see how much traction it gets.

I never said I wasn't.

There are topics. Your post should be on topic.

There should be some latitude, but generally speaking, yes, one should stay on topic.

That is all I ask for.

People chime into threads with non-relevant posts. These posts throw the topic off course and the forum loses breadth of discussion because people will not stay on the topic of the post.

Again, a post is only derailing if others follow in its lead.

True, yet it is the habit of people to follow the thread where it goes. When you tell people they are off topic and to post in a different thread they get all huffy.

It's a small price to pay for such ample freedom of speech.
Ample freedom of speech any day.

So you are simply defending poor behaviour, instead of acknowledging the problem of the forum.

I am not excusing poor behaviour. But between occasionally witnessing poor behaviour that goes by unmoderated and having moderators constantly monitoring and moderating this forum, I'll take the former any day of the week.

Agreed, yet with great lack of moderation come great responsibility in self governing.

Why? What concern is it of yours?

Me too, I'd love more interconfessional debates. Particularly among members of different Christian denominations, as it would expose some of the fundamental problems within Christianity.

Well as I'm getting a bit more free time I plan to begin some.

I can guarantee I'd chime in to point them out.

Provided they are relevant to the discussion I have no problem with that.

There are ample threads where you can discuss whether God exists. Unless you have proof that what they are discussing is wrong then don't interject yourself into the conversation.

It is my prerogative to decide if and when to intervene.

It is. That doesn't mean that it is at all helpful to the forum or that it doesn't just waste people's time if you're off topic.

If you are going to say something along the lines of prove God exists in the first place, go away.

I'm sorry, you can say that all you want. It carries no weight.

And yet you haven't actually added anything to the discussion. All you'd have done is be an arse.

And this precisely addresses the OP of the thread as to why there are not more varied discussions in the forum.

I don't think that's the reason at all.
I encourage you to start a thread on, say, the Protestant Reformation. I might have a thing or two to say on the matter.


It is because people are unable to create threads where the topic of the thread will be discussed.

What a peculiar thing to say.
The OP is responsible for how other members behave?

I never said that. I said that my response to to OP was that derailment of threads resulting in wasting genuine posters time is why there aren't more varied threads.

This is after all a debate website. Debates have topics that are discussed and weighed on the merits put forth. Obviously you have no desire to actually discuss and debate, but just want to disrupt and mock, since that is the behaviour you are defending.

See what you did there?
I am going to ignore the jab bellow the belt.

Only said, because you seem to be justifying people derailing threads with completely off topic quips.

If the members set the tone for the forum people will abide by the prevailing attitude. At the moment the prevailing attitude is for atheists to jump into every thread mock theists and say you have no proof God exists. It doesn't make for a very dynamic forum.

Go elsewhere then.

See this is where you could have shown that you believe derailing threads in this manner is wrong...

If this is such a terrible place, what are you waiting for?

Good discussions. They happen on occasion.

Simply because I'm tired of atheists entering into a discussion, and then when they cannot logically respond to something resorting to base mockery or going, yeah but you have no proof God exists. It is intellectually dishonest and a waste of time.

Again, what is keeping you here?

In the hope that a debating website will live up to its name. The bigger question is why are those not interested in debating on here?

So expecting civil adult behaviour is too much to expect on a debate website?

Perhaps you should follow up on all the unrestrictedly negative things you have to say about DDO religion forum.

There is a reason that the majority of the People on DDO do not come in here, or do so only for a short period of time. If you think I'm being unrestrictedly negative you should see what the rest of the site thinks of this forum - makes me seem like Mary Poppins.
Omniverse
Posts: 973
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2016 7:23:47 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/12/2016 6:48:28 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 8/12/2016 6:27:31 PM, Omniverse wrote:
At 8/12/2016 5:45:53 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 8/12/2016 4:44:10 PM, Omniverse wrote:
At 8/12/2016 4:17:13 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 8/12/2016 3:35:37 PM, Omniverse wrote:
At 8/11/2016 10:09:30 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 8/5/2016 4:02:53 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:


I actually came here for more of this. The problem is that whenever one sets up one of these threads it gets spammed by atheists and it dies. If atheists would stay out of these threads there would be more of them.

You're being increasingly obnoxious towards atheists, who, for some obscure reason, you insist on bundling up.

Only because they have become increasingly obnoxious towards theists.

Oh, I see.
It's wrong when atheists do it, so you do it back at them.
Got it.

I'm not snarky with atheists until they go off topic or just descend into mockery to avoid carrying on with the topic at hand. One gets tired of trying to have a sincere conversation only to have the other person bring up a flying spaghetti monster once they cannot logically defend their position.

Remember, you are under no obligation to reply.

Ah so basically, I shouldn't expect any intellectual honesty from people looking to engage in an intellectual discussion.

What I mean is that you are under no obligation to reply to a post you deem disrespectful or off-topic.


It has broken down, because there are no longer varied discussion, there are just atheists mocking and mischaracterizing.

I completely disagree.
Besides, you are entirely free to start a new thread and see how much traction it gets.

I never said I wasn't.

Which means that should you want to see more interconfessional discussions, then you should start them yourself.

There are topics. Your post should be on topic.

There should be some latitude, but generally speaking, yes, one should stay on topic.

That is all I ask for.

People chime into threads with non-relevant posts. These posts throw the topic off course and the forum loses breadth of discussion because people will not stay on the topic of the post.

Again, a post is only derailing if others follow in its lead.

True, yet it is the habit of people to follow the thread where it goes. When you tell people they are off topic and to post in a different thread they get all huffy.

That is one the peculiarities of this forum. Elsewhere, moderators make sure discussions don't stray away from the topic at hand.

It's a small price to pay for such ample freedom of speech.
Ample freedom of speech any day.

So you are simply defending poor behaviour, instead of acknowledging the problem of the forum.

I am not excusing poor behaviour. But between occasionally witnessing poor behaviour that goes by unmoderated and having moderators constantly monitoring and moderating this forum, I'll take the former any day of the week.

Agreed, yet with great lack of moderation come great responsibility in self governing.

That is true.



Why? What concern is it of yours?

Me too, I'd love more interconfessional debates. Particularly among members of different Christian denominations, as it would expose some of the fundamental problems within Christianity.

Well as I'm getting a bit more free time I plan to begin some.

Good.
I look forward to them.


I can guarantee I'd chime in to point them out.

Provided they are relevant to the discussion I have no problem with that.

I'll bear that concern in mind.


There are ample threads where you can discuss whether God exists. Unless you have proof that what they are discussing is wrong then don't interject yourself into the conversation.

It is my prerogative to decide if and when to intervene.

It is. That doesn't mean that it is at all helpful to the forum or that it doesn't just waste people's time if you're off topic.

Sure.


If you are going to say something along the lines of prove God exists in the first place, go away.

I'm sorry, you can say that all you want. It carries no weight.

And yet you haven't actually added anything to the discussion. All you'd have done is be an arse.

Why the need to be vitriolic?
I was merely pointing out that your hypothetical suggestion to "please, go away" carries no weight, namely because you are not a moderator. Which means that in all probability telling a fellow member to go away will result in absolutely nothing.

Who kicked your cat?
Are you in a sour mood.


And this precisely addresses the OP of the thread as to why there are not more varied discussions in the forum.

I don't think that's the reason at all.
I encourage you to start a thread on, say, the Protestant Reformation. I might have a thing or two to say on the matter.


It is because people are unable to create threads where the topic of the thread will be discussed.

What a peculiar thing to say.
The OP is responsible for how other members behave?

I never said that. I said that my response to to OP was that derailment of threads resulting in wasting genuine posters time is why there aren't more varied threads.

This is after all a debate website. Debates have topics that are discussed and weighed on the merits put forth. Obviously you have no desire to actually discuss and debate, but just want to disrupt and mock, since that is the behaviour you are defending.

See what you did there?
I am going to ignore the jab bellow the belt.

Only said, because you seem to be justifying people derailing threads with completely off topic quips.

No, I am not.



If the members set the tone for the forum people will abide by the prevailing attitude. At the moment the prevailing attitude is for atheists to jump into every thread mock theists and say you have no proof God exists. It doesn't make for a very dynamic forum.

Go elsewhere then.

See this is where you could have shown that you believe derailing threads in this manner is wrong...

It depends on the scope of the alleged derailing. I don't think we'll ever fully agree on that. The bottom line is this: if you really believe this forum is beyond help, then you should take the logical step, which is to abandon it.


If this is such a terrible place, what are you waiting for?

Good discussions. They happen on occasion.

Agreed.

Simply because I'm tired of atheists entering into a discussion, and then when they cannot logically respond to something resorting to base mockery or going, yeah but you have no proof God exists. It is intellectually dishonest and a waste of time.

Again, what is keeping you here?

In the hope that a debating website will live up to its name. The bigger question is why are those not interested in debating on here?

I suppose it's because they enjoy it. In that regard, they are no different from you and I.



So expecting civil adult behaviour is too much to expect on a debate website?


Again, I never said that.

Perhaps you should follow up on all the unrestrictedly negative things you have to say about DDO religion forum.

There is a reason that the majority of the People on DDO do not come in here, or do so only for a short period of time. If you think I'm being unrestrictedly negative you should see what the rest of the site thinks of this forum - makes me seem like Mary Poppins.

You have to take into account the highly
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,007
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2016 8:08:12 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/5/2016 4:02:53 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
If you were half certain about your Gods existence
This would be the trend.
Muslims v. Christians.
Jews v Catholics.
JW v Mormons.
Dumb v. Dumber.
All I see is. all the above v atheists.
And your arguments with the Atheists are structured in ways that should be against the religious. Like Morals , afterlife , religious books.

I want to see a Christian calling a Catholic a cunt.
Or a Mormon calling a Muslim a moron.
I'd settle for a Jew jousting with a JW about Jesus.
It's how it should be. It's like you have some kind of unwritten agreement.
Or are you all correct.? It's not like your all on the same side. Hence religion
The arguments with the Atheists go nowhere.
1 of you make a thread about the nonsense the other religions go on with.
I would love to see two people arguing about leprechauns.

As a Catholic, I would say there is some truth in all the above Faith backgrounds. And name calling is against my religion.

As always, if you have any questions about the Catholic faith, you can ask them here:

http://www.debate.org...
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,007
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2016 8:09:30 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/11/2016 10:09:30 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 8/5/2016 4:02:53 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
If you were half certain about your Gods existence
This would be the trend.
Muslims v. Christians.
Jews v Catholics.
JW v Mormons.
Dumb v. Dumber.
All I see is. all the above v atheists.
And your arguments with the Atheists are structured in ways that should be against the religious. Like Morals , afterlife , religious books.

I actually came here for more of this. The problem is that whenever one sets up one of these threads it gets spammed by atheists and it dies. If atheists would stay out of these threads there would be more of them.

+1. !!!!!!!!
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2016 8:14:16 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/12/2016 8:08:12 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 8/5/2016 4:02:53 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
If you were half certain about your Gods existence
This would be the trend.
Muslims v. Christians.
Jews v Catholics.
JW v Mormons.
Dumb v. Dumber.
All I see is. all the above v atheists.
And your arguments with the Atheists are structured in ways that should be against the religious. Like Morals , afterlife , religious books.

I want to see a Christian calling a Catholic a cunt.
Or a Mormon calling a Muslim a moron.
I'd settle for a Jew jousting with a JW about Jesus.
It's how it should be. It's like you have some kind of unwritten agreement.
Or are you all correct.? It's not like your all on the same side. Hence religion
The arguments with the Atheists go nowhere.
1 of you make a thread about the nonsense the other religions go on with.
I would love to see two people arguing about leprechauns.

As a Catholic, I would say there is some truth in all the above Faith backgrounds. And name calling is against my religion.


As always, if you have any questions about the Catholic faith, you can ask them here:


http://www.debate.org...

Are there any other God's apart from yours. ?
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,007
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2016 8:06:39 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/12/2016 8:14:16 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 8/12/2016 8:08:12 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 8/5/2016 4:02:53 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
If you were half certain about your Gods existence
This would be the trend.
Muslims v. Christians.
Jews v Catholics.
JW v Mormons.
Dumb v. Dumber.
All I see is. all the above v atheists.
And your arguments with the Atheists are structured in ways that should be against the religious. Like Morals , afterlife , religious books.

I want to see a Christian calling a Catholic a cunt.
Or a Mormon calling a Muslim a moron.
I'd settle for a Jew jousting with a JW about Jesus.
It's how it should be. It's like you have some kind of unwritten agreement.
Or are you all correct.? It's not like your all on the same side. Hence religion
The arguments with the Atheists go nowhere.
1 of you make a thread about the nonsense the other religions go on with.
I would love to see two people arguing about leprechauns.

As a Catholic, I would say there is some truth in all the above Faith backgrounds. And name calling is against my religion.


As always, if you have any questions about the Catholic faith, you can ask them here:


http://www.debate.org...

Are there any other God's apart from yours. ?

No.
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
Harikrish
Posts: 11,010
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2016 8:11:17 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/5/2016 4:02:53 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
If you were half certain about your Gods existence
This would be the trend.
Muslims v. Christians.
Jews v Catholics.
JW v Mormons.
Dumb v. Dumber.
All I see is. all the above v atheists.
And your arguments with the Atheists are structured in ways that should be against the religious. Like Morals , afterlife , religious books.

I want to see a Christian calling a Catholic a cunt.
Or a Mormon calling a Muslim a moron.
I'd settle for a Jew jousting with a JW about Jesus.
It's how it should be. It's like you have some kind of unwritten agreement.
Or are you all correct.? It's not like your all on the same side. Hence religion
The arguments with the Atheists go nowhere.
1 of you make a thread about the nonsense the other religions go on with.
I would love to see two people arguing about leprechauns.

The reason you don't see religion vs religion arguments on DDO is because Harikrish has made that unnecessary by championing Christians and Muslims alike and directing their energies to the real scourge on DDO the atheists.

Here are the links.
Harikrish for Christian Champion.
http://www.debate.org...

I would like to volunteer my time, training in esoteric scriptures, Christian Theology and Islamic fundamentalism and spiritual enlightenment to defend Christianity if the Christian members on DDO have the confidence in me that I serve their cause well. If they vote me as their Christian champion based on my scriptural knowledge, scriptural integrity and scriptural universality (universal beliefs of Christianity) I will respond to every negative and anti-Christian post that is brought to my attention.
I don't know what it takes to get a majority Christian vote. But we can begin by getting your endorsements and then checking with the moderators to make me the official goto Christian David.
I am a Vedantists raised in the Vedantic tradition and trained in the reading of esoteric scriptures, Christian Theology and Islamic fundamentalism. I am a Hindu by birth but married into a Christian family that includes two Christian pastors and two generations of church goes. I don't debate my Christian relatives. They have accepted my inclusion as a testament to my blessed opportunity. And in return I studied their scriptures.
Please consider my challenge to atheists as personal and support/endorse me as your champion. The rest I will leave it to the Lord and pray for strength and support as we eradicate DDO from the scourge of atheism.
I look forward to winning support from our preterists members as deluded as they might be and our senior menopausal virgins who patiently stand by and wait. But most of all I appeal to Christians members who are looking for a champion who is articulate, principled and spiritually unequalled on DDO.
Peace to all.... Please make your vote known that I may be the David of your dreams.

Here is Harikrish for Muslims.
Why Muslims need a Champion.
http://www.debate.org...

I am Harikrish. I am the most spiritual member on DDO and publicly announced my willingness to be the Christian champion the David of Goliaths. I think David has delivered. There are less scripturally illiterate Christians embarrassing the religion I volunteered to defend and the atheists have been reduced to attacking Islam instead.
Some might see that as a direct consequence of my scriptural authority and others as an act of divine decree favouring my success . Both are compelling speculations.

But I do take some responsibility for the backlash created against Islam. And I now turn to our Muslim members on DDO to nominate me as their Muslim champion so I may with their acknowledgement focus on mitigating the anti-Islamic sentiments raised by all those excluded from the covenant that was taken away from the disobedient people of Israel and given to the descendants of Ishmael in recognition of their commitment to the old covenant made by God with Abraham.

I am not a Muslim, but as you know I come from a country with a very large Muslim population, India. My neighbours and friends were Muslims and I was proud of our friendship.

So if you nominate me as your Muslim champion, I will respond to every anti-Islamic post that is brought to my attention. God willing I will crush those infidels.

As-salamu alaykum.......Harikrish.

And a call to Hindus by Harikrish.
http://www.debate.org...

I would like to take this opportunity to say a namaste to all Hindus on DDO. My wish has been fulfilled which was to see a larger representation of Hindus on religious forums. India is not only the most diverse country in the world. It is also the home of Hindus who have demonstrated throughout their history to possess intellectual and cultural integrity and despite numerous foreign invasions and occupations maintained their spirituality which is the hallmark of Hinduism.

India is often seen through the lens of British and foreign writers and those that had the enviable opportunity to study its rich heritage. We now have a platform to hear the Hindus and their experiences.

India has contributed a lot in the field of science, mathematics, medicine and the understanding of transcendental consciousness which has provided the language to physicists of Quantum Theories to explain their discoveries of spooky phenomena. I.e the conscious observer effect on wavefunction collapse or non locality entanglement. In short Hinduism is now as mainstream in Quantum Mechanics jargon as Deepak Chopra is in linguist esoterism.

I welcome all Hindus to participate even those whose ancestors were considered low caste (untouchables) like RuvDraba. More evidence of Hinduism as having facilitated spiritual evolution while still maintaining the genetic divide. It has worked for Hindus. Hindus not only know who they are and where they stand in society, the also know who and what they are not.

I am Harikrish, a Vedantist raised in the Vedantic tradition and trained in the reading of esoteric scriptures, Christian Theology and Islamic Fundamentalism. I am also a student of philosophy and the behavioural sciences. But I am employed as an AI programmer in the IT field.

I have been asked about my unusual mix of beliefs.

That is pretty normal for a Hindu growing up in India. You start with the religion you are born with, you then study the competition by studying comparative religion and then familiarize yourself with the western influence (British rule) on Indian culture and society by studying the philosophies that influenced those western countries and to correlate that with the mental illness associated with western genetics which is a mixture of Neanderthals and chimpanzees and one is led to the behavioural sciences. And finally you look for a job in the IT field where there is a growing interest in Artificial Intelligence. What could be a better match!!!
Willows
Posts: 2,063
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2016 9:47:53 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/13/2016 8:11:17 AM, Harikrish wrote:
At 8/5/2016 4:02:53 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
If you were half certain about your Gods existence
This would be the trend.
Muslims v. Christians.
Jews v Catholics.
JW v Mormons.
Dumb v. Dumber.
All I see is. all the above v atheists.
And your arguments with the Atheists are structured in ways that should be against the religious. Like Morals , afterlife , religious books.

I want to see a Christian calling a Catholic a cunt.
Or a Mormon calling a Muslim a moron.
I'd settle for a Jew jousting with a JW about Jesus.
It's how it should be. It's like you have some kind of unwritten agreement.
Or are you all correct.? It's not like your all on the same side. Hence religion
The arguments with the Atheists go nowhere.
1 of you make a thread about the nonsense the other religions go on with.
I would love to see two people arguing about leprechauns.

The reason you don't see religion vs religion arguments on DDO is because Harikrish has made that unnecessary by championing Christians and Muslims alike and directing their energies to the real scourge on DDO the atheists.

Here are the links.
Harikrish for Christian Champion.
http://www.debate.org...

I would like to volunteer my time, training in esoteric scriptures, Christian Theology and Islamic fundamentalism and spiritual enlightenment to defend Christianity if the Christian members on DDO have the confidence in me that I serve their cause well. If they vote me as their Christian champion based on my scriptural knowledge, scriptural integrity and scriptural universality (universal beliefs of Christianity) I will respond to every negative and anti-Christian post that is brought to my attention.
I don't know what it takes to get a majority Christian vote. But we can begin by getting your endorsements and then checking with the moderators to make me the official goto Christian David.
I am a Vedantists raised in the Vedantic tradition and trained in the reading of esoteric scriptures, Christian Theology and Islamic fundamentalism. I am a Hindu by birth but married into a Christian family that includes two Christian pastors and two generations of church goes. I don't debate my Christian relatives. They have accepted my inclusion as a testament to my blessed opportunity. And in return I studied their scriptures.
Please consider my challenge to atheists as personal and support/endorse me as your champion. The rest I will leave it to the Lord and pray for strength and support as we eradicate DDO from the scourge of atheism.
I look forward to winning support from our preterists members as deluded as they might be and our senior menopausal virgins who patiently stand by and wait. But most of all I appeal to Christians members who are looking for a champion who is articulate, principled and spiritually unequalled on DDO.
Peace to all.... Please make your vote known that I may be the David of your dreams.

Here is Harikrish for Muslims.
Why Muslims need a Champion.
http://www.debate.org...

I am Harikrish. I am the most spiritual member on DDO and publicly announced my willingness to be the Christian champion the David of Goliaths. I think David has delivered. There are less scripturally illiterate Christians embarrassing the religion I volunteered to defend and the atheists have been reduced to attacking Islam instead.
Some might see that as a direct consequence of my scriptural authority and others as an act of divine decree favouring my success . Both are compelling speculations.

But I do take some responsibility for the backlash created against Islam. And I now turn to our Muslim members on DDO to nominate me as their Muslim champion so I may with their acknowledgement focus on mitigating the anti-Islamic sentiments raised by all those excluded from the covenant that was taken away from the disobedient people of Israel and given to the descendants of Ishmael in recognition of their commitment to the old covenant made by God with Abraham.

I am not a Muslim, but as you know I come from a country with a very large Muslim population, India. My neighbours and friends were Muslims and I was proud of our friendship.

So if you nominate me as your Muslim champion, I will respond to every anti-Islamic post that is brought to my attention. God willing I will crush those infidels.

As-salamu alaykum.......Harikrish.

And a call to Hindus by Harikrish.
http://www.debate.org...

I would like to take this opportunity to say a namaste to all Hindus on DDO. My wish has been fulfilled which was to see a larger representation of Hindus on religious forums. India is not only the most diverse country in the world. It is also the home of Hindus who have demonstrated throughout their history to possess intellectual and cultural integrity and despite numerous foreign invasions and occupations maintained their spirituality which is the hallmark of Hinduism.

India is often seen through the lens of British and foreign writers and those that had the enviable opportunity to study its rich heritage. We now have a platform to hear the Hindus and their experiences.

India has contributed a lot in the field of science, mathematics, medicine and the understanding of transcendental consciousness which has provided the language to physicists of Quantum Theories to explain their discoveries of spooky phenomena. I.e the conscious observer effect on wavefunction collapse or non locality entanglement. In short Hinduism is now as mainstream in Quantum Mechanics jargon as Deepak Chopra is in linguist esoterism.

I welcome all Hindus to participate even those whose ancestors were considered low caste (untouchables) like RuvDraba. More evidence of Hinduism as having facilitated spiritual evolution while still maintaining the genetic divide. It has worked for Hindus. Hindus not only know who they are and where they stand in society, the also know who and what they are not.

I am Harikrish, a Vedantist raised in the Vedantic tradition and trained in the reading of esoteric scriptures, Christian Theology and Islamic Fundamentalism. I am also a student of philosophy and the behavioural sciences. But I am employed as an AI programmer in the IT field.

I have been asked about my unusual mix of beliefs.

That is pretty normal for a Hindu growing up in India. You start with the religion you are born with, you then study the competition by studying comparative religion and then familiarize yourself with the western influence (British rule) on Indian culture and society by studying the philosophies that influenced those western countries and to correlate that with the mental illness associated with western genetics which is a mixture of Neanderthals and chimpanzees and one is led to the behavioural sciences. And finally you look for a job in the IT field where there is a growing interest in Artificial Intelligence. What could be a better match!!!

While we here in the West study Indian Hindu genetics which is a mixture of single celled amoebas and brahma excrement, then we study how Hindus and Muslims have been ripping each others' heads off for centuries. Oh, yes, then there's economics and how a minuscule top-end of society live like kings while everybody else lives in abject poverty.

Why don't you go and programme that into your computer?
Willows
Posts: 2,063
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2016 11:29:49 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/13/2016 10:03:41 AM, keithprosser wrote:
So is it now 'official' that atheism is not a religion?

Thank God it never has been.
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2016 11:47:15 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/13/2016 11:29:49 AM, Willows wrote:
At 8/13/2016 10:03:41 AM, keithprosser wrote:
So is it now 'official' that atheism is not a religion?

Thank God it never has been.

Thank gods, surely.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,010
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2016 12:31:17 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/13/2016 9:47:53 AM, Willows wrote:
At 8/13/2016 8:11:17 AM, Harikrish wrote:
At 8/5/2016 4:02:53 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
If you were half certain about your Gods existence
This would be the trend.
Muslims v. Christians.
Jews v Catholics.
JW v Mormons.
Dumb v. Dumber.
All I see is. all the above v atheists.
And your arguments with the Atheists are structured in ways that should be against the religious. Like Morals , afterlife , religious books.

I want to see a Christian calling a Catholic a cunt.
Or a Mormon calling a Muslim a moron.
I'd settle for a Jew jousting with a JW about Jesus.
It's how it should be. It's like you have some kind of unwritten agreement.
Or are you all correct.? It's not like your all on the same side. Hence religion
The arguments with the Atheists go nowhere.
1 of you make a thread about the nonsense the other religions go on with.
I would love to see two people arguing about leprechauns.

The reason you don't see religion vs religion arguments on DDO is because Harikrish has made that unnecessary by championing Christians and Muslims alike and directing their energies to the real scourge on DDO the atheists.

Here are the links.
Harikrish for Christian Champion.
http://www.debate.org...

I would like to volunteer my time, training in esoteric scriptures, Christian Theology and Islamic fundamentalism and spiritual enlightenment to defend Christianity if the Christian members on DDO have the confidence in me that I serve their cause well. If they vote me as their Christian champion based on my scriptural knowledge, scriptural integrity and scriptural universality (universal beliefs of Christianity) I will respond to every negative and anti-Christian post that is brought to my attention.
I don't know what it takes to get a majority Christian vote. But we can begin by getting your endorsements and then checking with the moderators to make me the official goto Christian David.
I am a Vedantists raised in the Vedantic tradition and trained in the reading of esoteric scriptures, Christian Theology and Islamic fundamentalism. I am a Hindu by birth but married into a Christian family that includes two Christian pastors and two generations of church goes. I don't debate my Christian relatives. They have accepted my inclusion as a testament to my blessed opportunity. And in return I studied their scriptures.
Please consider my challenge to atheists as personal and support/endorse me as your champion. The rest I will leave it to the Lord and pray for strength and support as we eradicate DDO from the scourge of atheism.
I look forward to winning support from our preterists members as deluded as they might be and our senior menopausal virgins who patiently stand by and wait. But most of all I appeal to Christians members who are looking for a champion who is articulate, principled and spiritually unequalled on DDO.
Peace to all.... Please make your vote known that I may be the David of your dreams.

Here is Harikrish for Muslims.
Why Muslims need a Champion.
http://www.debate.org...

I am Harikrish. I am the most spiritual member on DDO and publicly announced my willingness to be the Christian champion the David of Goliaths. I think David has delivered. There are less scripturally illiterate Christians embarrassing the religion I volunteered to defend and the atheists have been reduced to attacking Islam instead.
Some might see that as a direct consequence of my scriptural authority and others as an act of divine decree favouring my success . Both are compelling speculations.

But I do take some responsibility for the backlash created against Islam. And I now turn to our Muslim members on DDO to nominate me as their Muslim champion so I may with their acknowledgement focus on mitigating the anti-Islamic sentiments raised by all those excluded from the covenant that was taken away from the disobedient people of Israel and given to the descendants of Ishmael in recognition of their commitment to the old covenant made by God with Abraham.

I am not a Muslim, but as you know I come from a country with a very large Muslim population, India. My neighbours and friends were Muslims and I was proud of our friendship.

So if you nominate me as your Muslim champion, I will respond to every anti-Islamic post that is brought to my attention. God willing I will crush those infidels.

As-salamu alaykum.......Harikrish.

And a call to Hindus by Harikrish.
http://www.debate.org...

I would like to take this opportunity to say a namaste to all Hindus on DDO. My wish has been fulfilled which was to see a larger representation of Hindus on religious forums. India is not only the most diverse country in the world. It is also the home of Hindus who have demonstrated throughout their history to possess intellectual and cultural integrity and despite numerous foreign invasions and occupations maintained their spirituality which is the hallmark of Hinduism.

India is often seen through the lens of British and foreign writers and those that had the enviable opportunity to study its rich heritage. We now have a platform to hear the Hindus and their experiences.

India has contributed a lot in the field of science, mathematics, medicine and the understanding of transcendental consciousness which has provided the language to physicists of Quantum Theories to explain their discoveries of spooky phenomena. I.e the conscious observer effect on wavefunction collapse or non locality entanglement. In short Hinduism is now as mainstream in Quantum Mechanics jargon as Deepak Chopra is in linguist esoterism.

I welcome all Hindus to participate even those whose ancestors were considered low caste (untouchables) like RuvDraba. More evidence of Hinduism as having facilitated spiritual evolution while still maintaining the genetic divide. It has worked for Hindus. Hindus not only know who they are and where they stand in society, the also know who and what they are not.

I am Harikrish, a Vedantist raised in the Vedantic tradition and trained in the reading of esoteric scriptures, Christian Theology and Islamic Fundamentalism. I am also a student of philosophy and the behavioural sciences. But I am employed as an AI programmer in the IT field.

I have been asked about my unusual mix of beliefs.

That is pretty normal for a Hindu growing up in India. You start with the religion you are born with, you then study the competition by studying comparative religion and then familiarize yourself with the western influence (British rule) on Indian culture and society by studying the philosophies that influenced those western countries and to correlate that with the mental illness associated with western genetics which is a mixture of Neanderthals and chimpanzees and one is led to the behavioural sciences. And finally you look for a job in the IT field where there is a growing interest in Artificial Intelligence. What could be a better match!!!

While we here in the West study Indian Hindu genetics which is a mixture of single celled amoebas and brahma excrement, then we study how Hindus and Muslims have been ripping each others' heads off for centuries. Oh, yes, then there's economics and how a minuscule top-end of society live like kings while everybody else lives in abject poverty.

Why don't you go and programme that into your computer?

Hindus suffer from bad Karma too. But they have been spared from worshipping a dead Jewish corpse nailed to a wooden cross who reincarnated as a bloodless pinata.
Willows
Posts: 2,063
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2016 2:02:12 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/13/2016 11:47:15 AM, desmac wrote:
At 8/13/2016 11:29:49 AM, Willows wrote:
At 8/13/2016 10:03:41 AM, keithprosser wrote:
So is it now 'official' that atheism is not a religion?

Thank God it never has been.

Thank gods, surely.

It would take too long to thank all 10,000 of them.
bulproof
Posts: 25,273
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 10:20:25 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/12/2016 6:48:28 PM, Geogeer wrote:
Ah so basically, I shouldn't expect any intellectual honesty from people looking to engage in an intellectual discussion.
Perhaps you could employ your intellectual honesty and tell us why your god exists and the thousands of other gods don't?
I would have thought that an honest answer would be: "because someone told you".
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
graceofgod
Posts: 5,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 10:31:24 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/5/2016 4:02:53 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
If you were half certain about your Gods existence
This would be the trend.
Muslims v. Christians.
Jews v Catholics.
JW v Mormons.
Dumb v. Dumber.
All I see is. all the above v atheists.
And your arguments with the Atheists are structured in ways that should be against the religious. Like Morals , afterlife , religious books.

I want to see a Christian calling a Catholic a cunt.
Or a Mormon calling a Muslim a moron.
I'd settle for a Jew jousting with a JW about Jesus.
It's how it should be. It's like you have some kind of unwritten agreement.
Or are you all correct.? It's not like your all on the same side. Hence religion
The arguments with the Atheists go nowhere.
1 of you make a do see d about the nonsense the other religions go on with.
I would love to see two people arguing about leprechauns.

are you blind religions argue all the time....
you do see a lot of atheists arguing against people of faith on here, so you could wonder why if atheists are so sure there is no God why they bother...
willbedone
Posts: 127
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 11:23:17 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/5/2016 4:02:53 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
If you were half certain about your Gods existence
This would be the trend.
Muslims v. Christians.
Jews v Catholics.
JW v Mormons.
Dumb v. Dumber.
All I see is. all the above v atheists.
And your arguments with the Atheists are structured in ways that should be against the religious. Like Morals , afterlife , religious books.

I want to see a Christian calling a Catholic a cunt.
Or a Mormon calling a Muslim a moron.
I'd settle for a Jew jousting with a JW about Jesus.
It's how it should be. It's like you have some kind of unwritten agreement.
Or are you all correct.? It's not like your all on the same side. Hence religion
The arguments with the Atheists go nowhere.
1 of you make a thread about the nonsense the other religions go on with.
I would love to see two people arguing about leprechauns. : :

You need to find a religious site that bans atheists from it. Then you will find religious people arguing about their various religious beliefs without any interference from atheists.