Jump to topic:

Self deception....

POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2016 8:39:55 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
its so prevalence that it grasps atheists and theists alike. well all humans (i thnk) by degrees... as a muslim i see how majority of religious ppl - muslims jews and christians, trying to reject human evolution for example (potanioally and actually...) for what? bcz holy book says so. ok well why reject and say its "nonsense" also in the scientific side , its not. looking at the evidence its really make sense and potanioally i can happen probably bcz its how the laws of nature work. i myself believe it can happen absolutely potanioally... and i think the ppl from these ppl (muslims jews christians) who cliam that its metaphorical just fooling themselves. God isnt stupid he can say humans evolved thats it. God doesnt play hide and seek. like the pope when he say he believe in evolution.. lol self deception.

and when i see some atheists argueing for "morality" is so stupid. it doesnt exist, they trying to explain why their morality is better than others (by good or bad), and the problem here is they talking like they r in the same team speaking for everybody, they talk by tems like "us" "common interest" "collectivism". they cant get ride of it bcz they attached too much to emotions so they have to follow commen happiness or interest. but the probelm here is u r only your self in this world. in reality you r just an individual. thats it. u give meaning to something around u. perception. when u argueing "true" morality thats so absurd. u deceiving yourself bcz it gives u good feelings. like religous ppl. logically if u rob millions of dollars on 1 night and live luxurious life for the rest of your life makes better morality for yourself then working hard every day and night just not to rob bcz its "not moral". good or bad? relative... admit it. u r what u think.
Never fart near dog
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2016 2:02:46 AM
At 8/5/2016 8:39:55 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
its so prevalence that it grasps atheists and theists alike. well all humans (i thnk) by degrees... as a muslim i see how majority of religious ppl - muslims jews and christians, trying to reject human evolution for example (potanioally and actually...) for what? bcz holy book says so. ok well why reject and say its "nonsense" also in the scientific side , its not. looking at the evidence its really make sense and potanioally i can happen probably bcz its how the laws of nature work. i myself believe it can happen absolutely potanioally...

I applaud your efforts, sir. Well done. You've just earned a lot of respect.

and i think the ppl from these ppl (muslims jews christians) who cliam that its metaphorical just fooling themselves. God isnt stupid he can say humans evolved thats it. God doesnt play hide and seek. like the pope when he say he believe in evolution.. lol self deception.

and when i see some atheists argueing for "morality" is so stupid. it doesnt exist, they trying to explain why their morality is better than others (by good or bad), and the problem here is they talking like they r in the same team speaking for everybody, they talk by tems like "us" "common interest" "collectivism". they cant get ride of it bcz they attached too much to emotions so they have to follow commen happiness or interest. but the probelm here is u r only your self in this world. in reality you r just an individual. thats it. u give meaning to something around u. perception. when u argueing "true" morality thats so absurd. u deceiving yourself bcz it gives u good feelings. like religous ppl. logically if u rob millions of dollars on 1 night and live luxurious life for the rest of your life makes better morality for yourself then working hard every day and night just not to rob bcz its "not moral". good or bad? relative... admit it. u r what u think.

You're far better off figuring out ways to steal peoples money and make them happy to give it to you.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2016 3:20:02 PM
The concept of Biological evolution was formulated by a Muslim 500 years before Darwin even walked the Earth. Not only this, but the man who formulated this idea is considered by many to be a saint, and it has even been said of him, "If there ever was a prophet to come after Mohammed, it would have surely been this man."

All I'm really saying here is that evolution neither proves or disproves God. It has nothing to do with God, and the people who think otherwise are theologically ignorant.

Christians on the other hand... It is written in scripture...

Do not give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which cause disputes rather than godly edification which is in faith.

I think evolution would fall into that category of 'endless genealogies'.

Now all that said, of course there is a lot of self deception going on. It's unavoidable. It is only the naive who think that they see things the way they really are. It's essential to the acceptance of God to realize that you do not see things the way they really are. When you claim to see things the way they really are, you are making the claim that you are without sin.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2016 4:08:43 PM
At 8/6/2016 3:20:02 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
The concept of Biological evolution was formulated by a Muslim 500 years before Darwin even walked the Earth. Not only this, but the man who formulated this idea is considered by many to be a saint, and it has even been said of him, "If there ever was a prophet to come after Mohammed, it would have surely been this man."

All I'm really saying here is that evolution neither proves or disproves God. It has nothing to do with God, and the people who think otherwise are theologically ignorant.

Do not give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which cause disputes rather than godly edification which is in faith.

Now all that said, of course there is a lot of self deception going on. It's unavoidable. It is only the naive who think that they see things the way they really are. It's essential to the acceptance of God to realize that you do not see things the way they really are. When you claim to see things the way they really are, you are making the claim that you are without sin.

https://en.wikipedia.org...
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2016 4:17:18 PM
At 8/6/2016 4:08:43 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2016 4:18:30 PM
At 8/6/2016 4:17:18 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

So, you are not a victim of "na"ve realism" and you are speaking on things as they really are, your position is "unassailable".
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2016 4:25:50 PM
At 8/6/2016 4:18:30 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

So, you are not a victim of "na"ve realism" and you are speaking on things as they really are, your position is "unassailable".

My position is God.

God is unassailable.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2016 4:26:48 PM
At 8/6/2016 4:25:50 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

My position is God.

God is unassailable.

Your position is as vacuous as the existence of your God.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2016 4:28:31 PM

My position is God.

God is unassailable.

Says the guy who lies about his age.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2016 4:28:43 PM

My position is God.

God is unassailable.

You claim that in asserting truth, one is na"ve.

And here you are claiming truth.

https://en.wiktionary.org...
Omniverse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2016 4:37:22 PM
The concept of Biological evolution was formulated by a Muslim 500 years before Darwin even walked the Earth.

Right...

Not only this, but the man who formulated this idea is considered by many to be a saint,

Many believe they have been abducted by aliens....

and it has even been said of him, "If there ever was a prophet to come after Mohammed, it would have surely been this man."

Interesting, given the claim the Koran makes for itself as being the definitive and final revelation...

Would we be talking about a postscript of sorts here?

All I'm really saying here is that evolution neither proves or disproves God.

It disproves certain central aspects in Christian theology. And it's precisely because of that that it faces such fierce opposition from those sectors...

It has nothing to do with God, and the people who think otherwise are theologically ignorant.

Your pronouncements are like yesterdays' dandruff to me...

Do not give heed to fables and endless genealogies,

I guess that must be the reason why the Bible is filled with genealogies, including two of Christ which don't even match...

which cause disputes rather than godly edification which is in faith.

Again, that must be the reason why the Bible is so keen on genealogies...

Showing how limited your understanding is...

Now all that said, of course there is a lot of self deception going on. It's unavoidable. It is only the naive who think that they see things the way they really are.

Finally, some self-criticism!

It's essential to the acceptance of God to realize that you do not see things the way they really are.

So I should disregard everything and anything you say?
Sound like sound advice to me...
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2016 4:46:19 PM
Atheists being arbitrary and stupid. Who could have seen that coming?

Kill, steal, destroy. Kill, steal, destroy. Kill, steal, destroy.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2016 5:01:16 PM
At 8/6/2016 4:46:19 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

That sounds like an absolute statement, based on certainty and a conclusion drawn from how you see reality.

But, that would mean you are making a statement by claiming you are certain that is the way things are, and we both know you would never do that, it would make you na"ve.

Lets face it, SnT. You hamstrung yourself. You are attempting to render conclusions from observations reality as true while at the same time claiming that others whom do that are na"ve.

You are a walking talking contradiction in terms, and it only took 3 posts to reveal it.
Omniverse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2016 5:05:37 PM

Is that you life's motto?
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2016 5:15:23 PM
At 8/6/2016 5:01:16 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

That sounds like an absolute statement, based on certainty and a conclusion drawn from how you see reality.

But, that would mean you are making a statement by claiming you are certain that is the way things are, and we both know you would never do that, it would make you na"ve.

Lets face it, SnT. You hamstrung yourself. You are attempting to render conclusions from observations reality as true while at the same time claiming that others whom do that are na"ve.

You are a walking talking contradiction in terms, and it only took 3 posts to reveal it.

I am not opposed to the idea of speaking in E-Prime for the sake of clarity, but atheists would really be better off abandoning their position. It's self defeating.

Surely, when you know what atheism means, it seems to follow quite naturally that atheists tend to be arbitrary and stupid. This is highlighted by the fact that they are unjustifiably arrogant about their position. They are so deluded they think that their words carry any weight. They represent an indefensible position.

As for you, you're being such a loser that you can't even address what I'm saying. You simply choose to not believe me, and then try to find something else wrong with me.

I tell you, there are many things wrong with me. I am not a perfect person. You demand a miracle because you are wicked, not because your skepticism comes from intelligence.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2016 5:16:38 PM
At 8/6/2016 5:05:37 PM, Omniverse wrote:

Is that you life's motto?

It's what the devil comes to do. You people need to stop listening to the devil.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2016 5:19:42 PM
At 8/6/2016 5:15:23 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 8/6/2016 4:46:19 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:: : That sounds like an absolute statement, based on certainty and a conclusion drawn from how you see reality.

I am not opposed to the idea of speaking in E-Prime for the sake of clarity, but atheists would really be better off abandoning their position. It's self defeating.

... seriously? You just get done stating that people whom claim clarity are na"ve, and this is what you wanna follow up with?

Surely, when you know what atheism means, it seems to follow quite naturally that atheists tend to be arbitrary and stupid. This is highlighted by the fact that they are unjustifiably arrogant about their position. They are so deluded they think that their words carry any weight. They represent an indefensible position.

Ad hom ad hom ad hom, ipse dixit... and.... no rebuttal. Check.

As for you, you're being such a loser that you can't even address what I'm saying.

Quite the opposite, I have been applying it, and showing you the utter incoherence of it, that is why you have resulted to petty insults and no substance.

You.
Are.
Contradictory.

You simply choose to not believe me, and then try to find something else wrong with me.

I tell you, there are many things wrong with me. I am not a perfect person. You demand a miracle because you are wicked, not because your skepticism comes from intelligence.

So are you done, then? Or do you have more rules you would like to invent, more circumstances to apply and then deny, and more poor applications of reasoning?
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2016 5:25:46 PM
At 8/6/2016 5:19:42 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 8/6/2016 5:15:23 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 8/6/2016 4:46:19 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:: : That sounds like an absolute statement, based on certainty and a conclusion drawn from how you see reality.

... seriously? You just get done stating that people whom claim clarity are na"ve, and this is what you wanna follow up with?

Ad hom ad hom ad hom, ipse dixit... and.... no rebuttal. Check.

As for you, you're being such a loser that you can't even address what I'm saying.

Quite the opposite, I have been applying it, and showing you the utter incoherence of it, that is why you have resulted to petty insults and no substance.

You.
Are.
Contradictory.

You simply choose to not believe me, and then try to find something else wrong with me.

So are you done, then? Or do you have more rules you would like to invent, more circumstances to apply and then deny, and more poor applications of reasoning?

You have no idea what I'm talking about, but you sure do presume to.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2016 5:31:31 PM
"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.

For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell, and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross.

And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight" if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister.

I now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up in my flesh what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ, for the sake of His body, which is the church, of which I became a minister according to the stewardship from God which was given to me for you, to fulfill the word of God, the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints."
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2016 5:46:36 PM
At 8/6/2016 5:31:31 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.

For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell, and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross.

And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight" if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister.

I now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up in my flesh what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ, for the sake of His body, which is the church, of which I became a minister according to the stewardship from God which was given to me for you, to fulfill the word of God, the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints."

"Don't Panic".
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2016 6:04:07 PM

Oh oh, he's having another mental breakdown. Try not to make eye contact.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2016 2:48:30 AM
At 8/6/2016 2:02:46 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
its so prevalence that it grasps atheists and theists alike. well all humans (i thnk) by degrees... as a muslim i see how majority of religious ppl - muslims jews and christians, trying to reject human evolution for example (potanioally and actually...) for what? bcz holy book says so. ok well why reject and say its "nonsense" also in the scientific side , its not. looking at the evidence its really make sense and potanioally i can happen probably bcz its how the laws of nature work. i myself believe it can happen absolutely potanioally...

I applaud your efforts, sir. Well done. You've just earned a lot of respect.

yay!

and i think the ppl from these ppl (muslims jews christians) who cliam that its metaphorical just fooling themselves. God isnt stupid he can say humans evolved thats it. God doesnt play hide and seek. like the pope when he say he believe in evolution.. lol self deception.

You're far better off figuring out ways to steal peoples money and make them happy to give it to you.

if somebody gives money for free tell me urgently
Never fart near dog
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2016 3:01:47 AM

hisotry.. love it. some greeks also had it in similar way...

it can go against religions not God...

well at least we can recognize our self deception and move on... life.
Never fart near dog
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2016 3:03:12 AM
At 8/6/2016 4:28:31 PM, desmac wrote:

My position is God.

God is unassailable.

Says the guy who lies about his age.

lol
Never fart near dog
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2016 3:21:12 AM
its so prevalence that it grasps atheists and theists alike. well all humans (i thnk) by degrees... as a muslim i see how majority of religious ppl - muslims jews and christians, trying to reject human evolution for example (potanioally and actually...) for what? bcz holy book says so. ok well why reject and say its "nonsense" also in the scientific side , its not. looking at the evidence its really make sense and potanioally i can happen probably bcz its how the laws of nature work. i myself believe it can happen absolutely potanioally... and i think the ppl from these ppl (muslims jews christians) who cliam that its metaphorical just fooling themselves. God isnt stupid he can say humans evolved thats it. God doesnt play hide and seek. like the pope when he say he believe in evolution.. lol self deception.

One thing everyone needs to understand, Theism and science are compatible. Understand this, no Christian or Theist needs to reject scientific study......no scientific study needs to reject Christianity or Theism...

Science (materialism/naturalism) ... "the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world"

Religion (spirituality) ... the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the spiritual and supernatural world.

See how they work parallel and harmoniously together? Science is the study of the natural wold, religion, spirituality is the study of the spiritual world. They both do their jobs according to their studies. Nowhere does the " bcz holy book says so"...that never occurs, nowhere does Christian scripture say to reject the "intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world"......... rather the "ways" of the world, better put "carnality", materialism/secularism...the ways of the "flesh", morality, not the study of how the natural world was put together.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2016 3:55:30 AM

What was this mans name?

POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2016 11:12:01 AM
At 8/7/2016 3:21:12 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:

One thing everyone needs to understand, Theism and science are compatible. Understand this, no Christian or Theist needs to reject scientific study......no scientific study needs to reject Christianity or Theism...

Science (materialism/naturalism) ... "the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world"

Religion (spirituality) ... the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the spiritual and supernatural world.

well religion isnt only about the spiritual world.... somethimes it speaks about other things in the real world, like politics or physical world... somethimes it gets right and vice versa.

See how they work parallel and harmoniously together? Science is the study of the natural wold, religion, spirituality is the study of the spiritual world. They both do their jobs according to their studies. Nowhere does the " bcz holy book says so"...that never occurs, nowhere does Christian scripture say to reject the "intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world"......... rather the "ways" of the world, better put "carnality", materialism/secularism...the ways of the "flesh", morality, not the study of how the natural world was put together.

regardless of the religion one's believe we should reflect our confidence of our belief to facts... but the problem is science always changing by time and finding new stuff that reject old ideas about X...
Never fart near dog
Omniverse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2016 11:37:28 AM
At 8/7/2016 11:12:01 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:

well religion isnt only about the spiritual world....

Exactly.
That can be observed in places such as Iran and Saudi Arabia.
Two shitholes which owe much of their shitholeness to Islamic views on how society should run.

somethimes it speaks about other things in the real world,

And it gets it wrong 8 out 10 times.

like politics or physical world... somethimes it gets right and vice versa.

And it gets it wrong 8 out 10 times.

See how they work parallel and harmoniously together? Science is the study of the natural wold, religion, spirituality is the study of the spiritual world.

The study?
Hilarious.
And yet no two people who "study" the "spiritual world" seems to agree on what it is . It is simply not comparable to science, unless, of course, you know close to nothing about how science works.

They both do their jobs according to their studies.

Science keeps progressing. Science works. Planes fly, computers compute, appliances work, satellites work, submarines work, mobile phones just work. Planes, computers, appliances, satellites, submarines and mobiles phones also keep getting better.

Compare this with the ongoing spectacular failure of religion.
Only a blind man would establish an analogy between the two.

Nowhere does the " bcz holy book says so"...that never occurs, nowhere does Christian scripture say to reject the "intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world"......... rather the "ways" of the world, better put "carnality", materialism/secularism...the ways of the "flesh", morality, not the study of how the natural world was put together.

Really?
It's not the impressions I get from:

Matthew 5:3
"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."
( http://biblehub.com... )

regardless of the religion one's believe we should reflect our confidence of our belief to facts... but the problem is science always changing by time and finding new stuff that reject old ideas about X...

Then you don't know how scientific progress works.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2016 12:50:42 PM
At 8/7/2016 3:55:30 AM, janesix wrote:

What was this mans name?

Ibn Khaldun
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2016 2:35:44 PM

LOL. Tossing on a meaningless word at the end of another definition does not make the newly contrived definition valid.

See how they work parallel and harmoniously together? Science is the study of the natural wold, religion, spirituality is the study of the spiritual world. They both do their jobs according to their studies.

Really? Please provide us with any new peer reviewed articles, information, theories, or whatever from the study of the spiritual world? What have we learned about it recently? Anything at all?

One and half million peer reviewed scientific articles were published in 2010, just to give you an idea of how much new information the study of science has provided.

Nowhere does the " bcz holy book says so"...that never occurs, nowhere does Christian scripture say to reject the "intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world"

Nowhere does it say in the Bible to encourage, inspect and accept the natural world for what it is, either, something you believers tend to reject.

......... rather the "ways" of the world, better put "carnality", materialism/secularism...the ways of the "flesh", morality, not the study of how the natural world was put together.

Or, just, reality.