Total Posts:122|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Myths about atheists:

distraff
Posts: 1,004
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2016 3:46:07 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
Here is a big list:
Atheists think everything in the universe arose by chance.
Atheists believe the universe was created out of nothing.
Atheists claim that God doesn't exist, but they can't prove it.
Atheism is based on faith that God doesn't exist.
Atheism is a Denial of God That Requires Faith.
Atheism is just a faith/religion like any other and/or is dogmatic and/or requires faith
Atheism provides no basis for morality and/or atheists don't have a moral code, and/or don't have a reason to be moral.
If we didn't have religion, there would be no morality. People would just run around killing & stealing.
There are no atheists in foxholes.
Atheists can't be patriotic Americans. America is a Christian nation.
Atheists believe in nothing.
Atheists believe that there is nothing beyond human life and human understanding.
Atheists believe that life is meaningless and/or their lives are bleak and lack meaning.
Atheists are unhappy people.
Atheists are hedonists who don"t understand the true meaning of love.
Atheists Worship Satan, Themselves, Money, Material Possessions or Some Other God.
Science is the atheist's religion and they worship science and logic.
Atheists have no way to cope after losing loved ones without the belief in an afterlife.
Atheists start to believe in God when their plane is going down and/or on their deathbed.
Atheists pretend to not believe in God because they're afraid of going to Hell.
It's better to believe in God just in case he is real rather than risk going to Hell.
People are just atheists to sin and/or to avoid taking responsibility for their sins and/or don't want to submit to God.
Atheists are just angry with God and/or hate God and/or rebelling against him.
Atheists are aggressive and/or rude and/or self-centered and/or arrogant and/or hate the religious.
Atheism is a Product of Rebellion & Pride.
Atheists don't want to believe in God.
Atheists are out to destroy Christmas.
Atheists are communists.
Atheists Want to Impose their Secular Religion on America and/or want to remove God from society.
More People Have Been Killed in the Name of Atheism & Secularism than Religion and/or atheism is responsible for some of the biggest crimes against humanity.
Atheists ignore the fact that religion is extremely beneficial to society.
Atheists Haven't Experienced the True God or True Religion and/or were never true believers to begin with.
Atheists never tried to find God. If atheists only read & studied the bible, they'd be Christians.
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2016 4:27:55 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
How about atheists are in denial of Ultimate Reality?

Oh wait, no that isn't a myth, that's what an atheist is doing when they deny the existence of God.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2016 5:17:19 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/10/2016 4:27:55 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
How about atheists are in denial of Ultimate Reality?

Oh wait, no that isn't a myth, that's what an atheist is doing when they deny the existence of God.

More lies.
janesix
Posts: 3,460
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2016 5:18:53 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/10/2016 4:27:55 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
How about atheists are in denial of Ultimate Reality?

Why do you think you know what ultimate reality is? Are there other realities that arent ultimate?

Oh wait, no that isn't a myth, that's what an atheist is doing when they deny the existence of God.
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2016 6:21:53 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/10/2016 5:18:53 AM, janesix wrote:
At 8/10/2016 4:27:55 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
How about atheists are in denial of Ultimate Reality?

Why do you think you know what ultimate reality is? Are there other realities that arent ultimate?

Oh wait, no that isn't a myth, that's what an atheist is doing when they deny the existence of God.

There are the penultimate reality and the pre-penultimate reality and of course the least possible reality wherein Spiritandlies resides.
missmedic
Posts: 387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2016 7:03:32 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/10/2016 4:27:55 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
How about atheists are in denial of Ultimate Reality?

Oh wait, no that isn't a myth, that's what an atheist is doing when they deny the existence of God.

Well what if you just don't honestly know if a god exists and are denning nothing?
bigotry
Posts: 1,068
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2016 7:06:46 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/10/2016 4:06:58 AM, Lynx_N wrote:
Thank God they're only myths.

That was the best response ever
Willows
Posts: 2,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2016 8:56:20 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/10/2016 3:46:07 AM, distraff wrote:
Here is a big list:
Atheists think everything in the universe arose by chance.
Atheists believe the universe was created out of nothing.
Atheists claim that God doesn't exist, but they can't prove it.
Atheism is based on faith that God doesn't exist.
Atheism is a Denial of God That Requires Faith.
Atheism is just a faith/religion like any other and/or is dogmatic and/or requires faith
Atheism provides no basis for morality and/or atheists don't have a moral code, and/or don't have a reason to be moral.
If we didn't have religion, there would be no morality. People would just run around killing & stealing.
There are no atheists in foxholes.
Atheists can't be patriotic Americans. America is a Christian nation.
Atheists believe in nothing.
Atheists believe that there is nothing beyond human life and human understanding.
Atheists believe that life is meaningless and/or their lives are bleak and lack meaning.
Atheists are unhappy people.
Atheists are hedonists who don"t understand the true meaning of love.
Atheists Worship Satan, Themselves, Money, Material Possessions or Some Other God.
Science is the atheist's religion and they worship science and logic.
Atheists have no way to cope after losing loved ones without the belief in an afterlife.
Atheists start to believe in God when their plane is going down and/or on their deathbed.
Atheists pretend to not believe in God because they're afraid of going to Hell.
It's better to believe in God just in case he is real rather than risk going to Hell.
People are just atheists to sin and/or to avoid taking responsibility for their sins and/or don't want to submit to God.
Atheists are just angry with God and/or hate God and/or rebelling against him.
Atheists are aggressive and/or rude and/or self-centered and/or arrogant and/or hate the religious.
Atheism is a Product of Rebellion & Pride.
Atheists don't want to believe in God.
Atheists are out to destroy Christmas.
Atheists are communists.
Atheists Want to Impose their Secular Religion on America and/or want to remove God from society.
More People Have Been Killed in the Name of Atheism & Secularism than Religion and/or atheism is responsible for some of the biggest crimes against humanity.
Atheists ignore the fact that religion is extremely beneficial to society.
Atheists Haven't Experienced the True God or True Religion and/or were never true believers to begin with.
Atheists never tried to find God. If atheists only read & studied the bible, they'd be Christians.

If anyone wanted to show the world how stupid, ignorant, arrogant and hot-headed one could be, you just did it.
But you wouldn't know that would you?
Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2016 10:56:23 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/10/2016 8:56:20 AM, Willows wrote:
At 8/10/2016 3:46:07 AM, distraff wrote:
Here is a big list:
Atheists think everything in the universe arose by chance.
Atheists believe the universe was created out of nothing.
Atheists claim that God doesn't exist, but they can't prove it.
Atheism is based on faith that God doesn't exist.
Atheism is a Denial of God That Requires Faith.
Atheism is just a faith/religion like any other and/or is dogmatic and/or requires faith
Atheism provides no basis for morality and/or atheists don't have a moral code, and/or don't have a reason to be moral.
If we didn't have religion, there would be no morality. People would just run around killing & stealing.
There are no atheists in foxholes.
Atheists can't be patriotic Americans. America is a Christian nation.
Atheists believe in nothing.
Atheists believe that there is nothing beyond human life and human understanding.
Atheists believe that life is meaningless and/or their lives are bleak and lack meaning.
Atheists are unhappy people.
Atheists are hedonists who don"t understand the true meaning of love.
Atheists Worship Satan, Themselves, Money, Material Possessions or Some Other God.
Science is the atheist's religion and they worship science and logic.
Atheists have no way to cope after losing loved ones without the belief in an afterlife.
Atheists start to believe in God when their plane is going down and/or on their deathbed.
Atheists pretend to not believe in God because they're afraid of going to Hell.
It's better to believe in God just in case he is real rather than risk going to Hell.
People are just atheists to sin and/or to avoid taking responsibility for their sins and/or don't want to submit to God.
Atheists are just angry with God and/or hate God and/or rebelling against him.
Atheists are aggressive and/or rude and/or self-centered and/or arrogant and/or hate the religious.
Atheism is a Product of Rebellion & Pride.
Atheists don't want to believe in God.
Atheists are out to destroy Christmas.
Atheists are communists.
Atheists Want to Impose their Secular Religion on America and/or want to remove God from society.
More People Have Been Killed in the Name of Atheism & Secularism than Religion and/or atheism is responsible for some of the biggest crimes against humanity.
Atheists ignore the fact that religion is extremely beneficial to society.
Atheists Haven't Experienced the True God or True Religion and/or were never true believers to begin with.
Atheists never tried to find God. If atheists only read & studied the bible, they'd be Christians.

If anyone wanted to show the world how stupid, ignorant, arrogant and hot-headed one could be, you just did it.
But you wouldn't know that would you?

Correct.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2016 12:34:17 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/10/2016 3:46:07 AM, distraff wrote:

Atheists think everything in the universe arose by chance.

I wouldn't call that a myth, it's just atheists don't like that word.

Atheists believe the universe was created out of nothing.

Well, created would be the wrong word lol.

Atheists claim that God doesn't exist, but they can't prove it.

That's not a myth, it happens here all the time, where have you been... I could go around this forum and collect hundreds of these claims, give me a break.

Atheism is based on faith that God doesn't exist.

That's true to some degree, you don't agree with that? atheist don't have firm trust or confidence that God does not exist, then why is the opposite being displayed here in these forums?
If atheism is false, and God does indeed exist then in reality the ideology that follows atheism is taken on faith alone.

Atheism is a Denial of God That Requires Faith.

Atheism is a denial of God in short silly, you guys deny things all day long here and that would require faith to take such a leap without any real knowledge of such things.

Atheism is just a faith/religion like any other and/or is dogmatic and/or requires faith

Well I don't know why you are fixated on the word faith but atheism on the internet has indeed become religion-like. They have their preachers, websites, attacks, spokesmen, debaters, doctrines, followers, groups ect.. they all begin to say the same things, repeat the same jokes and the internet is where they congregate and their keyboards are their pulpits lol

Atheism provides no basis for morality and/or atheists don't have a moral code, and/or don't have a reason to be moral.

That is certainly a myth, I agree with this one. An atheist can certainly have morals and maintain them, I see know problem with that. However, I see problems when it pertains to the spiritual though....

If we didn't have religion, there would be no morality. People would just run around killing & stealing.

That's very likely but that doesn't mean EVERYONE would. And I would change that to "if we didn't have God" things would be a lot worse off.

There are no atheists in foxholes.

Haha, yeah that is pure speculation though not far from believable.

Atheists can't be patriotic Americans. America is a Christian nation.

I've never heard anyone say that, but yes that would be a myth.

Atheists believe in nothing.

Well maybe when it comes to things beyond the scope of materialism, no? I'm not telling you, I'm asking...

Atheists believe that there is nothing beyond human life and human understanding.

I believe you may have worded that wrongly, whether on purpose I do not know.

Atheists believe that life is meaningless and/or their lives are bleak and lack meaning.

That is a flat out lie, I agree with this one.

Atheists are unhappy people.

Agree, that's a myth.

Atheists are hedonists who don"t understand the true meaning of love.

Lol, well love in a theistic or Christian context takes a slightly different angle, love is more of a sacrificial thing.
Atheism would be more carnal, while spirituality is more based upon principles.

Atheists Worship Satan, Themselves, Money, Material Possessions or Some Other God.

What is your definition of worship here? I believe the comparison between satanism and atheism stems from carnality and materialism, and that there is no god, though the "worship" is more indirect.

Science is the atheist's religion and they worship science and logic.

Well again you get fixated on words like faith and worship. Atheism DOES ride the back of science in case you haven't noticed. Atheists use it as a means to try and disprove God like with the TOE ect ect... and science does no such things, it studies a whole different nature and makes no claims about God, ever.

Atheists have no way to cope after losing loved ones without the belief in an afterlife.

Yeah that's dumb.

Atheists start to believe in God when their plane is going down and/or on their deathbed.

Lol how would we ever know that....

Atheists pretend to not believe in God because they're afraid of going to Hell.

I'm not sure that makes sense, but okay. That would probably be a myth.

It's better to believe in God just in case he is real rather than risk going to Hell.

Uhhh, that wouldn't be a myth about atheists.

People are just atheists to sin and/or to avoid taking responsibility for their sins and/or don't want to submit to God.

That's most likely a myth, agree. Though I would say atheists most certainly do not want to submit to God, but that is because to them God is not a reality, yet anyway.

Atheists are just angry with God and/or hate God and/or rebelling against him.

Yeah I would say that's not true always, but I think in some cases it's pretty obvious. I'm very perceptive to peoples attitudes and intentions, there is some good reasons to believe atheists hold resentment and aggression towards God but again, probably fewer than greater.

Atheists are aggressive and/or rude and/or self-centered and/or arrogant and/or hate the religious.

Only applies to certain people, both religious and non. But yes, I have people here who do nothing but follow me around aggressively, rudely, arrogantly and with hate. But this goes both ways.

Atheism is a Product of Rebellion & Pride.

Ummm, there might be some things there you don't see. Remember if God does indeed exist, ask yourself some of these questions from that perspective and tell me what you think.

Atheists don't want to believe in God.

After a decade of sharing, debating and discussing theism with atheists it's pretty clear to me that atheists in many ways just don't want to believe in God, or are not interested in the nature of it's study, the application of it and the pursuit of God. Again not all atheists but I've heard atheists actually say that, so it is true to an extent.

Atheists are out to destroy Christmas.

That's dumb, although they use Christmas as an attack on Christians I'm sure they enjoy and participate in the holiday. Christmas is a joke anyways, I just participate for the kids and grandparents, it's something that is tolerated. I do like the imagery of Christ in it though.

Atheists are communists.

I don't hear that one too often, I think the comparison stems from primarily atheist countries probably.

Atheists Want to Impose their Secular Religion on America and/or want to remove God from society.

That's pretty evident, maybe you should talk to your atheist friends here on the internet more, this is something that you should't be denying.

More People Have Been Killed in the Name of Atheism & Secularism than Religion and/or atheism is responsible for some of the biggest crimes against humanity.

This is simply reversing the order of attack, as atheists continually try and make this point in relation to religion over and over and over, which is true but religion is irrelevant just like atheism is, they just become tools.

Atheists ignore the fact that religion is extremely beneficial to society.

Is that a myth? I don't know...

Atheists Haven't Experienced the True God or True Religion and/or were never true believers to begin with.

Well considering they are now atheists that would speak for itself, come on man! what true believer in God turns into an atheist!? think about that for a long while before you respond.

Atheists never tried to find God. If atheists only read & studied the bible, they'd be Christians.

Well considering the nature of spirituality, what Jesus taught yes it would be true that atheists don't actively try and "find" God. Reading the Bible is irrelevant, as demons know scripture.
What makes the difference is application, seeking is a principle which basically means to<
distraff
Posts: 1,004
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2016 12:41:40 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/10/2016 8:56:20 AM, Willows wrote:
At 8/10/2016 3:46:07 AM, distraff wrote:
Here is a big list:
Atheists think everything in the universe arose by chance.
Atheists believe the universe was created out of nothing.
Atheists claim that God doesn't exist, but they can't prove it.
Atheism is based on faith that God doesn't exist.
Atheism is a Denial of God That Requires Faith.
Atheism is just a faith/religion like any other and/or is dogmatic and/or requires faith
Atheism provides no basis for morality and/or atheists don't have a moral code, and/or don't have a reason to be moral.
If we didn't have religion, there would be no morality. People would just run around killing & stealing.
There are no atheists in foxholes.
Atheists can't be patriotic Americans. America is a Christian nation.
Atheists believe in nothing.
Atheists believe that there is nothing beyond human life and human understanding.
Atheists believe that life is meaningless and/or their lives are bleak and lack meaning.
Atheists are unhappy people.
Atheists are hedonists who don"t understand the true meaning of love.
Atheists Worship Satan, Themselves, Money, Material Possessions or Some Other God.
Science is the atheist's religion and they worship science and logic.
Atheists have no way to cope after losing loved ones without the belief in an afterlife.
Atheists start to believe in God when their plane is going down and/or on their deathbed.
Atheists pretend to not believe in God because they're afraid of going to Hell.
It's better to believe in God just in case he is real rather than risk going to Hell.
People are just atheists to sin and/or to avoid taking responsibility for their sins and/or don't want to submit to God.
Atheists are just angry with God and/or hate God and/or rebelling against him.
Atheists are aggressive and/or rude and/or self-centered and/or arrogant and/or hate the religious.
Atheism is a Product of Rebellion & Pride.
Atheists don't want to believe in God.
Atheists are out to destroy Christmas.
Atheists are communists.
Atheists Want to Impose their Secular Religion on America and/or want to remove God from society.
More People Have Been Killed in the Name of Atheism & Secularism than Religion and/or atheism is responsible for some of the biggest crimes against humanity.
Atheists ignore the fact that religion is extremely beneficial to society.
Atheists Haven't Experienced the True God or True Religion and/or were never true believers to begin with.
Atheists never tried to find God. If atheists only read & studied the bible, they'd be Christians.

If anyone wanted to show the world how stupid, ignorant, arrogant and hot-headed one could be, you just did it.
But you wouldn't know that would you?

Well I certainly agree that these myths about atheists are pretty stupid...what that what you meant? I am confused. I remember you tried to make the three lamest evidences for Christianity, I hope this isn't a continuation on that.
distraff
Posts: 1,004
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2016 1:07:53 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/10/2016 12:34:17 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 8/10/2016 3:46:07 AM, distraff wrote:

Atheists think everything in the universe arose by chance.

I wouldn't call that a myth, it's just atheists don't like that word.

No, we believe it arose through naturalistic forces not chance.

Atheists believe the universe was created out of nothing.

Well, created would be the wrong word lol.

The idea that the universe popped out of nothing is only a hypothesis at this point and a lot of atheists including myself don't buy it.

Atheists claim that God doesn't exist, but they can't prove it.

That's not a myth, it happens here all the time, where have you been... I could go around this forum and collect hundreds of these claims, give me a break.

Some atheists claim God doesn't exist, some only say they don't believe in God.

Atheism is based on faith that God doesn't exist.

That's true to some degree, you don't agree with that? atheist don't have firm trust or confidence that God does not exist, then why is the opposite being displayed here in these forums?
If atheism is false, and God does indeed exist then in reality the ideology that follows atheism is taken on faith alone.

Atheism is a Denial of God That Requires Faith.

Atheism is a denial of God in short silly, you guys deny things all day long here and that would require faith to take such a leap without any real knowledge of such things.

Atheism at its core is that we don't believe in God because the evidence for God is very weak. This argument is based on reasoning. Just because the reasoning might be wrong doesn't mean its faith not reasoning. Some atheists believe God doesn't exist and have arguments to try to demonstrate that.

Atheism is just a faith/religion like any other and/or is dogmatic and/or requires faith

Well I don't know why you are fixated on the word faith but atheism on the internet has indeed become religion-like. They have their preachers, websites, attacks, spokesmen, debaters, doctrines, followers, groups ect.. they all begin to say the same things, repeat the same jokes and the internet is where they congregate and their keyboards are their pulpits lol

But every belief system had those. That doesn't make it a religion. I would say a religion is based on the idea of having faith and the supernatural.

If we didn't have religion, there would be no morality. People would just run around killing & stealing.

That's very likely but that doesn't mean EVERYONE would. And I would change that to "if we didn't have God" things would be a lot worse off.

Well, Europe has a lot of atheists and non-religious and it has some of the lowest crime rates in the world. Where is this crime boosting effect happening? Less religious countries tend to have less crime, less religious US states tend to have less crime.

There are no atheists in foxholes.

Haha, yeah that is pure speculation though not far from believable.

Actually not very believable:
http://militaryatheists.org...

Atheists believe in nothing.

Well maybe when it comes to things beyond the scope of materialism, no? I'm not telling you, I'm asking...

There is also philosophy, pursuit of knowledge, and many other non-materialistic pursuits. Even materialism is something.

Atheists are hedonists who don"t understand the true meaning of love.

Lol, well love in a theistic or Christian context takes a slightly different angle, love is more of a sacrificial thing.
Atheism would be more carnal, while spirituality is more based upon principles.

Sure, but certainly they are not all crazed hedonists.

Atheists Worship Satan, Themselves, Money, Material Possessions or Some Other God.

What is your definition of worship here? I believe the comparison between satanism and atheism stems from carnality and materialism, and that there is no god, though the "worship" is more indirect.

Worship:
"the feeling or expression of reverence and adoration for a deity."

No, we really don't express this feeling for anything. We don't become atheists because we want to be carnal. It because we find that the evidence for religion is lacking.

Science is the atheist's religion and they worship science and logic.

Well again you get fixated on words like faith and worship. Atheism DOES ride the back of science in case you haven't noticed. Atheists use it as a means to try and disprove God like with the TOE ect ect... and science does no such things, it studies a whole different nature and makes no claims about God, ever.

The TOE doesn't disprove God, in fact a lot of religious people believe it. I don't know know many atheists actually believe that. While atheists tend to be more science-oriented not all atheists do. Some atheists are just sad someone they love died and can't believe God let it happen.

Atheism is a Product of Rebellion & Pride.

Ummm, there might be some things there you don't see. Remember if God does indeed exist, ask yourself some of these questions from that perspective and tell me what you think.

Not the atheists I met. Most of them just started questioning their assumptions and found they really didn't have good reasons to believe.

Atheists don't want to believe in God.

After a decade of sharing, debating and discussing theism with atheists it's pretty clear to me that atheists in many ways just don't want to believe in God, or are not interested in the nature of it's study, the application of it and the pursuit of God. Again not all atheists but I've heard atheists actually say that, so it is true to an extent.

Many don't want to but want also really wouldn't mind believing that they will rewarded in an after-life. The only thing stopping them is the lack of evidence. Count me as one of them.

Atheists Want to Impose their Secular Religion on America and/or want to remove God from society.

That's pretty evident, maybe you should talk to your atheist friends here on the internet more, this is something that you should't be denying.

Some atheists want a secular America. Other atheists believe that the strongest America is a diverse America, more of a liberal thing. I think a secular America is better, but a more religiously diverse but also less religious America is just as good.

Atheists Haven't Experienced the True God or True Religion and/or were never true believers to begin with.

Well considering they are now atheists that would speak for itself, come on man! what true believer in God turns into an atheist!? think about that for a long while before you respond.

Atheists never tried to find God. If atheists only read & studied the bible, they'd be Christians.

Well considering the nature of spirituality, what Jesus taught yes it would be true that atheists don't actively try and "find" God. Reading the Bible is irrelevant, as demons know scripture.

What makes the difference is application, seeking is a principle which basically means to<

Atheists come from all sorts of religious backgrounds and many have been very devoutly religious. Some have previously been pastors who spent enough time thinking about religion they started to question.
Willows
Posts: 2,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2016 1:26:56 PM
Posted: 3 months ago

Atheists claim that God doesn't exist, but they can't prove it.

That's not a myth, it happens here all the time, where have you been... I could go around this forum and collect hundreds of these claims, give me a break.

Atheism is a Denial of God That Requires Faith.

Atheism is a denial of God in short silly, you guys deny things all day long here and that would require faith to take such a leap without any real knowledge of such things.
at the same jokes and the internet is where they congregate and their keyboards are their pulpits lol

Just to put things in a more balanced prespective.
It is true that there are many atheists who are downright rude and ignorant and do not want to know about God. It is true also that there are many theists who are rude and ignorant and do not want to know about the science of evolution.

So perhaps we could look at thinking, intelligent theists and atheists.

The logic sense of burden of proof is often misunderstood. Our justice system is built on this concept. In a murder trial for example, the prosecution is making a claim against the defendant (positive assertion). The prosecution must prove the charge by presenting evidence, the defendant is deemed not guilty (neutral position) until proven guilty.
The defendant can then refute any of the evidence presented. If no evidence is presented the defendant does not have to say a word and the case is dismissed.

The same burden of proof goes with the existence of God (positive assertion).
Thus it is reasonable to request the party making the claim of something existing to prove it. You cannot reasonably ask someone to prove nothing.
So therefore, what an intelligent atheist (who has done extensive research on the matter) is asking an intelligent theist (who has also done extensive research on the matter) is to provide evidence of your claim that God exists. The intelligent atheist can then quite rightly challenge the evidence. Similarly, if no evidence is presented, then case dismissed and the neutral position is assumed.
Does this sound reasonable, logical and fair to you?
Chaosism
Posts: 2,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2016 1:30:56 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/10/2016 3:46:07 AM, distraff wrote:
Here is a big list:
Atheists think everything in the universe arose by chance.
Atheists believe the universe was created out of nothing.
Atheists claim that God doesn't exist, but they can't prove it.
Atheism is based on faith that God doesn't exist.
Atheism is a Denial of God That Requires Faith.
Atheism is just a faith/religion like any other and/or is dogmatic and/or requires faith
Atheism provides no basis for morality and/or atheists don't have a moral code, and/or don't have a reason to be moral.
If we didn't have religion, there would be no morality. People would just run around killing & stealing.
There are no atheists in foxholes.
Atheists can't be patriotic Americans. America is a Christian nation.
Atheists believe in nothing.
Atheists believe that there is nothing beyond human life and human understanding.
Atheists believe that life is meaningless and/or their lives are bleak and lack meaning.
Atheists are unhappy people.
Atheists are hedonists who don"t understand the true meaning of love.
Atheists Worship Satan, Themselves, Money, Material Possessions or Some Other God.
Science is the atheist's religion and they worship science and logic.
Atheists have no way to cope after losing loved ones without the belief in an afterlife.
Atheists start to believe in God when their plane is going down and/or on their deathbed.
Atheists pretend to not believe in God because they're afraid of going to Hell.
It's better to believe in God just in case he is real rather than risk going to Hell.
People are just atheists to sin and/or to avoid taking responsibility for their sins and/or don't want to submit to God.
Atheists are just angry with God and/or hate God and/or rebelling against him.
Atheists are aggressive and/or rude and/or self-centered and/or arrogant and/or hate the religious.
Atheism is a Product of Rebellion & Pride.
Atheists don't want to believe in God.
Atheists are out to destroy Christmas.
Atheists are communists.
Atheists Want to Impose their Secular Religion on America and/or want to remove God from society.
More People Have Been Killed in the Name of Atheism & Secularism than Religion and/or atheism is responsible for some of the biggest crimes against humanity.
Atheists ignore the fact that religion is extremely beneficial to society.
Atheists Haven't Experienced the True God or True Religion and/or were never true believers to begin with.
Atheists never tried to find God. If atheists only read & studied the bible, they'd be Christians.

Almost all universal and generalized statements about atheists are false, except for the statement that atheists do not hold a belief in the existence of a god (as per the definition). Since atheism only describes the lack of a single belief and nothing more, atheists can be as diverse in their beliefs, opinions, and attitudes as any random array of individuals.

The problem may stem from the human tendency to more readily accept generalized, negative conclusions about out-groups. The reverse occurs towards one's own group (in-group), and one is more like to recognize individuality in one's own group, as well. Some random info: https://www.psychologytoday.com....

An example false statement from an atheist: "All religious people are gullible fools."
An example false statement from a theist: "All atheists believe in the Theory of Evolution."

Both the atheist and theist will tend to evaluate the truth of the above propositions differently, based on their perception of membership of these groups. Note that this only describes a tendency, not a rule.
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2016 9:45:01 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/10/2016 7:03:32 AM, missmedic wrote:
At 8/10/2016 4:27:55 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
How about atheists are in denial of Ultimate Reality?

Oh wait, no that isn't a myth, that's what an atheist is doing when they deny the existence of God.

Well what if you just don't honestly know if a god exists and are denning nothing?

God means "The Ultimate Reality". It doesn't really even make sense to believe that anything exists at all if you don't believe this.

It's taken on faith, but if you understand what exactly this step of faith means, it becomes obvious that it takes a great deal more faith to believe in anything else you believe in.

So if you believe in the existence of The Ultimate Reality or Supreme Existence, that means that you believe in the existence of God. If the spirit of truth is not present, it won't make sense. You have to have that spirit of truth there. It is integral that God is True. If you don't believe this, it doesn't matter whether you simply don't know or are in hostile denial, you haven't realized God yet. Obviously, there must be realization when we are talking about the surest reality.

Surely the people who deny God are superstitious about God, and are not capable of comprehending what I'm saying..
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2016 9:48:44 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/10/2016 5:18:53 AM, janesix wrote:
At 8/10/2016 4:27:55 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
How about atheists are in denial of Ultimate Reality?

Why do you think you know what ultimate reality is? Are there other realities that arent ultimate?

I don't claim to know ultimate reality, I'm telling you what "God" with a capital "G" means. If you don't believe in God, you don't believe in Ultimate Reality, because that is what the word "God" means.

There is only One Ultimate Reality, and all other realities spring forth from and are given existence by God. God is The Source, and The Light in the darkness.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
janesix
Posts: 3,460
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2016 9:51:02 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/10/2016 9:48:44 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 8/10/2016 5:18:53 AM, janesix wrote:
At 8/10/2016 4:27:55 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
How about atheists are in denial of Ultimate Reality?

Why do you think you know what ultimate reality is? Are there other realities that arent ultimate?

I don't claim to know ultimate reality, I'm telling you what "God" with a capital "G" means. If you don't believe in God, you don't believe in Ultimate Reality, because that is what the word "God" means.

There is only One Ultimate Reality, and all other realities spring forth from and are given existence by God. God is The Source, and The Light in the darkness.
I agree. But why not just say god so people know what you mean?
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2016 9:59:27 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/10/2016 9:51:02 PM, janesix wrote:
At 8/10/2016 9:48:44 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 8/10/2016 5:18:53 AM, janesix wrote:
At 8/10/2016 4:27:55 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
How about atheists are in denial of Ultimate Reality?

Why do you think you know what ultimate reality is? Are there other realities that arent ultimate?

I don't claim to know ultimate reality, I'm telling you what "God" with a capital "G" means. If you don't believe in God, you don't believe in Ultimate Reality, because that is what the word "God" means.

There is only One Ultimate Reality, and all other realities spring forth from and are given existence by God. God is The Source, and The Light in the darkness.
I agree. But why not just say god so people know what you mean?

I say both. I need to do this so that there is no confusion about what it is that atheists are denying. The are complete fools, and no one should really care what they believe.

The fact that anyone would put up with their petulance is an act of charity, and they should really appreciate the mercy they are given.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2016 12:00:49 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/10/2016 3:46:07 AM, distraff wrote:
Here is a big list:
Atheists think everything in the universe arose by chance.

As an Atheist, what exists that did not come about by chance?

Atheists believe the universe was created out of nothing.
Atheists claim that God doesn't exist, but they can't prove it.

80% to 90% of Atheist I meet or hear from do think that "God does not exist" and they freely say so. They just avoid not only not proving it but admitting they are making a statement about reality.

Atheism is based on faith that God doesn't exist.

Faith is hope in things unseen or proven. It is not proven or even shown likely that God does not exist. So therefore to accept the notion that "God does not exist" would indeed be an affirmation based on faith or hope. Not reason.

Atheism is a Denial of God That Requires Faith.

If the rejection of God's existence is not an emotional one, then every Atheist would have an argument as to why they don't believe but more importantly why no one else should either.

Atheism is just a faith/religion like any other and/or is dogmatic and/or requires faith

I wouldn't call it a religion.

Atheism provides no basis for morality and/or atheists don't have a moral code, and/or don't have a reason to be moral.

They can be ethical. but I see no reason for someone in a godless universe to attempt morality.

If we didn't have religion, there would be no morality. People would just run around killing & stealing.
There are no atheists in foxholes.
Atheists can't be patriotic Americans. America is a Christian nation.
Atheists believe in nothing.
Atheists believe that there is nothing beyond human life and human understanding.
Atheists believe that life is meaningless and/or their lives are bleak and lack meaning.
Atheists are unhappy people.
Atheists are hedonists who don"t understand the true meaning of love.
Atheists Worship Satan, Themselves, Money, Material Possessions or Some Other God.
Science is the atheist's religion and they worship science and logic.
Atheists have no way to cope after losing loved ones without the belief in an afterlife.
Atheists start to believe in God when their plane is going down and/or on their deathbed.
Atheists pretend to not believe in God because they're afraid of going to Hell.
It's better to believe in God just in case he is real rather than risk going to Hell.
People are just atheists to sin and/or to avoid taking responsibility for their sins and/or don't want to submit to God.
Atheists are just angry with God and/or hate God and/or rebelling against him.
Atheists are aggressive and/or rude and/or self-centered and/or arrogant and/or hate the religious.
Atheism is a Product of Rebellion & Pride.

pretty much.

Atheists don't want to believe in God.
Atheists are out to destroy Christmas.
Atheists are communists.
Atheists Want to Impose their Secular Religion on America and/or want to remove God from society.

pretty much.

More People Have Been Killed in the Name of Atheism & Secularism than Religion and/or atheism is responsible for some of the biggest crimes against humanity.
Atheists ignore the fact that religion is extremely beneficial to society.
Atheists Haven't Experienced the True God or True Religion and/or were never true believers to begin with.
Atheists never tried to find God. If atheists only read & studied the bible, they'd be Christians.
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2016 12:05:03 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/10/2016 7:25:09 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
Myths about Christians.

God

Are you asserting God is a Myth?

Why should I accept that as being true?
Omniverse
Posts: 973
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2016 12:05:14 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/10/2016 4:27:55 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
How about atheists are in denial of Ultimate Reality?

Oh wait, no that isn't a myth, that's what an atheist is doing when they deny the existence of God.

I have a suggestion.
After Universal Theologian, you went with SpiritandTruth.

How about you rectify it to BrokenRecord?

You must believe that repeating ad nauseam will magically change people's minds.
It's superstition, that's what it is.
Omniverse
Posts: 973
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2016 12:20:40 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/11/2016 12:15:47 AM, xXKorvexiusXx wrote:
I did not see any myths in your list, so I'll start you off;

Myth #1: Atheism is rational

Does your religion require you to lie viciously?
Does your god condone misrepresenting other people?
Are you commanded to slander large heterogeneous groups of people just because they don't believe the things you do?
xXKorvexiusXx
Posts: 56
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2016 12:24:00 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/11/2016 12:20:40 AM, Omniverse wrote:
At 8/11/2016 12:15:47 AM, xXKorvexiusXx wrote:
I did not see any myths in your list, so I'll start you off;

Myth #1: Atheism is rational

Does your religion require you to lie viciously?
Does your god condone misrepresenting other people?
Are you commanded to slander large heterogeneous groups of people just because they don't believe the things you do?

Get a grip buddy. There were no lies. It seems upon reading over your own comment, we can add a second myth to the list.

Myth 2: Atheists are capable of conveying their points without immediately exploding into anger and contempt
Omniverse
Posts: 973
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2016 12:41:17 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/11/2016 12:24:00 AM, xXKorvexiusXx wrote:
At 8/11/2016 12:20:40 AM, Omniverse wrote:
At 8/11/2016 12:15:47 AM, xXKorvexiusXx wrote:
I did not see any myths in your list, so I'll start you off;

Myth #1: Atheism is rational

Does your religion require you to lie viciously?
Does your god condone misrepresenting other people?
Are you commanded to slander large heterogeneous groups of people just because they don't believe the things you do?

Get a grip buddy. There were no lies. It seems upon reading over your own comment, we can add a second myth to the list.

Myth 2: Atheists are capable of conveying their points without immediately exploding into anger and contempt

Exploding? Contempt?
Who's angry?
You must think you're psychic, profiling people over the internet , over one short paragraph.
But I'm not your buddy, that's for sure.

Atheism is rational because it is the sensible response to theistic claims not meeting their burden of proof.
xXKorvexiusXx
Posts: 56
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2016 12:59:26 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/11/2016 12:41:17 AM, Omniverse wrote:
At 8/11/2016 12:24:00 AM, xXKorvexiusXx wrote:
At 8/11/2016 12:20:40 AM, Omniverse wrote:
At 8/11/2016 12:15:47 AM, xXKorvexiusXx wrote:
I did not see any myths in your list, so I'll start you off;

Myth #1: Atheism is rational

Does your religion require you to lie viciously?
Does your god condone misrepresenting other people?
Are you commanded to slander large heterogeneous groups of people just because they don't believe the things you do?

Get a grip buddy. There were no lies. It seems upon reading over your own comment, we can add a second myth to the list.

Myth 2: Atheists are capable of conveying their points without immediately exploding into anger and contempt

Exploding? Contempt?
Who's angry?
You must think you're psychic, profiling people over the internet , over one short paragraph.
But I'm not your buddy, that's for sure.

Atheism is rational because it is the sensible response to theistic claims not meeting their burden of proof.

Not meeting their burden of proof? That's if you ignore the centuries of proof and evidence put out by Christian theologians and Christian scientists. When you mention scientific miracles from Job 9:8, or prophetic miracles from Psalms 22:16, you always see the Atheiy appealing to ambiguous objections, incoherent reinterpretations of the passage, etc, etc, etc. Sure, we failed to meet our burden, as long as you cover your ears and close your eyes every time we try to convey it to you.
missmedic
Posts: 387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2016 2:19:13 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/10/2016 9:45:01 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 8/10/2016 7:03:32 AM, missmedic wrote:
At 8/10/2016 4:27:55 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
How about atheists are in denial of Ultimate Reality?

Oh wait, no that isn't a myth, that's what an atheist is doing when they deny the existence of God.

Well what if you just don't honestly know if a god exists and are denning nothing?

God means "The Ultimate Reality". It doesn't really even make sense to believe that anything exists at all if you don't believe this.

It's taken on faith, but if you understand what exactly this step of faith means, it becomes obvious that it takes a great deal more faith to believe in anything else you believe in.
How does faith give you knowledge or understanding of god?
So if you believe in the existence of The Ultimate Reality or Supreme Existence, that means that you believe in the existence of God. If the spirit of truth is not present, it won't make sense. You have to have that spirit of truth there. It is integral that God is True. If you don't believe this, it doesn't matter whether you simply don't know or are in hostile denial, you haven't realized God yet. Obviously, there must be realization when we are talking about the surest reality.
If truth is spirit does it exist in the supernatural realm, the same as god's realm?
Surely the people who deny God are superstitious about God, and are not capable of comprehending what I'm saying..
Don't you have to be superstitious to believe in a supernatural being that exist in a supernatural realm and has supernatural abilities?