Seems like..

EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2016 11:50:55 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/12/2016 3:28:46 PM, UUU wrote:
Religions convinced atheists that they are right.

Yeah probably in many ways, especially if one's idea of what religion is are twisted and distorted for example many people base Christianity off of what experiences they had with other "Christians" or people who claim to be one.
Now, if someone bases their idea of what Jesus taught on what other people do, such as the "crusades", or their parents, or their church or pastor there is no doubt that person will reject Christianity.

However, if we evaluate the meaning and purpose of the teachings of Jesus according to what the word reveals to us then there should be a lot less to reject, because Christianity is the individual application of it's teachings, which means it really only matters what WE do, not what others do.

Another example is the way atheists avoid (or don't understand) the spiritual nature of religion, always comparing it with science or the Flying Spaghetti Monster, or the leprechaun in Bulproof's garage.
Not understanding that the study of religion and the nature of God are outside the scope of science then a whole lot is going to be misconstrued and completely missed altogether.
I think rather than religion convincing atheists they are right, it's atheists have either no perceptions, or distorted perceptions about religion, Christianity in specific, since this is the main argument around these parts.
Basically from what I've seen with my own eyes in most cases, is that it's the very own straw men atheists create on their own is what is convincing them.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2016 12:24:41 PM

Response: Rather, selfishness and delusion is the definition of atheism, and their own selfishness and delusion makes them think they are right.
tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2016 12:31:37 PM
At 8/13/2016 12:24:41 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: Rather, selfishness and delusion is the definition of atheism, and their own selfishness and delusion makes them think they are right.

Very funny! People of religion suffering from delusions when there is no verifiable evidence to support the existence of any god.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2016 1:05:07 PM
At 8/13/2016 12:31:37 PM, tarantula wrote:

Very funny! People of religion suffering from delusions when there is no verifiable evidence to support the existence of any god.

Response: If you lied in the bed for a month and did not move or communicate with anyone, we can observe firsthand and see you fail to do your job at work as well as feed, clothe and wash yourself. See we do have firsthand observable evidence that organization and order can only originate from choice, thus deducing logically from observable evidence that the repeating patterns in the universe and life itself also originated from Choice. Proving God exist.

Thus the evidence is clear that God exist as well as the delusion of atheists that a God does not exist.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2016 1:07:47 PM
At 8/13/2016 1:05:07 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: If you lied in the bed for a month and did not move or communicate with anyone, we can observe firsthand and see you fail to do your job at work as well as feed, clothe and wash yourself. See we do have firsthand observable evidence that organization and order can only originate from choice, thus deducing logically from observable evidence that the repeating patterns in the universe and life itself also originated from Choice. Proving God exist.

Thus the evidence is clear that God exist as well as the delusion of atheists that a God does not exist.

Why did you abandon the checkerboard 'challenge'?

https://www.logicallyfallacious.com...
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2016 1:10:44 PM
At 8/13/2016 1:07:47 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Response: Why did you fail both and still accept that there is no God?
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2016 1:19:59 PM
At 8/13/2016 1:10:44 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 8/13/2016 1:07:47 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Response: Why did you fail both and still accept that there is no God?

1) I didn't. Granted, you have reasonably asked for proof of me completing the first one, and admittedly, I haven't posted it. Perfectly reasonable to state that until you see proof, you assume it didn't happen. (strangely, this doesn't apply to reasons for God, but moving on) The problem is that you blatantly admitted you would disregard such evidence of my passing the test, and move the goal posts to a different criteria. You have no intellectual credibility on this anymore.

2) What does being groomed, bathing, etc have to do with "order"? How does any of that reflect some variety of orderly activity?

As stated previously, I wake up at 5:30 each morning without choosing to, that is a pattern, and no choice, but (like 1) you casually disregard. What goal posts do you have to move now?
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2016 1:25:50 PM
At 8/13/2016 1:19:59 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

1) I didn't. Granted, you have reasonably asked for proof of me completing the first one, and admittedly, I haven't posted it. Perfectly reasonable to state that until you see proof, you assume it didn't happen. (strangely, this doesn't apply to reasons for God, but moving on) The problem is that you blatantly admitted you would disregard such evidence of my passing the test, and move the goal posts to a different criteria. You have no intellectual credibility on this anymore.

2) What does being groomed, bathing, etc have to do with "order"? How does any of that reflect some variety of orderly activity?

As stated previously, I wake up at 5:30 each morning without choosing to, that is a pattern, and no choice, but (like 1) you casually disregard. What goal posts do you have to move now?

Response: When you show us a live stream video of yourself lying in bed not moving and doing anything and you can still wash, clothe, feed yourself and work, then you will have proof that a repeating pattern can originate from non-choice. Your failure to do so proves that it can only originate from choice. Proving God exist.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2016 1:29:05 PM
At 8/13/2016 1:25:50 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: When you show us a live stream video of yourself lying in bed not moving and doing anything and you can still wash, clothe, feed yourself and work, then you will have proof that a repeating pattern can originate from non-choice. Your failure to do so proves that it can only originate from choice. Proving God exist.

I have no need to prove anything to you, you have already stated you will flatly ignore it. There is no reason to accept challenges from those whom have no desire to evaluate the results, and as you have stated as such, your credibility and intellectual honest in this forum is forfeit. There is no more that needs be said.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2016 1:42:53 PM
At 8/13/2016 1:29:05 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 8/13/2016 1:25:50 PM, Fatihah wrote:

I have no need to prove anything to you, you have already stated you will flatly ignore it. There is no reason to accept challenges from those whom have no desire to evaluate the results, and as you have stated as such, your credibility and intellectual honest in this forum is forfeit. There is no more that needs be said.

Watch yourself Faust, pervert fati wants film of you in bed.
tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2016 1:52:01 PM
At 8/13/2016 1:05:07 PM, Fatihah wrote:

There is NO verifiable evidence that is a FACT. If god does exist why doesn't it make its presence clear to ALL humanity in a way which is undeniable? Maybe it prefers playing sick games with humans.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2016 1:57:41 PM
At 8/13/2016 1:29:05 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Response: Likewise, I have nothing to prove to you. You have already failed one challenge, lied and said you have actually answered it, then when another challenge was given to prove whether or not you are a deluded liar, you run from that challenge as well.

So the evidence is abundantly clear of not only the delusion of atheists thanks to yourself, but that the challenge is clear evidence that God does exist.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2016 2:11:34 PM

No! You and many other godbotherers claim that any number of gods exist and each and everyone of you can provide no evidence in support of your claims, that's why we don't believe your CLAIM that gods exist.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2016 2:12:41 PM
At 8/13/2016 1:52:01 PM, tarantula wrote:

There is NO verifiable evidence that is a FACT. If god does exist why doesn't it make its presence clear to ALL humanity in a way which is undeniable? Maybe it prefers playing sick games with humans.

Response: The fact that we just saw you fail to answer the challenge and create order without choice is a FACT. So your own failure is observable evidence that a repeating pattern can only originate from choice. Proving God exist.

As for why God does not show himself, the question itself proves that atheism is based on selfishness and delusion because despite your own failure to answer the challenge which is observable proof that God exist, you still deny it because God won't do what YOU want and show himself. That's not a lack of evidence. That's selfishness and delusion. That's like someone saying" I don't like the way you cook spaghetti, therefore you don't exist". It's not about what you want or like. the fact that you have absolutely no logical evidence or reason to believe that order or a repeating pattern can originate from non-choice is proof that God exist.

Now if you want to prove the contrary, then lay in your bed and do absolutely nothing. Don't move or say anything for the next month, and see if you can routinely feed and cloth and wash and work at your job without choosing to do so. EXACTLY. Your own existence is proof that there is a God.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2016 2:25:13 PM
At 8/13/2016 11:50:55 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Yeah probably in many ways, especially if one's idea of what religion is are twisted and distorted for example many people base Christianity off of what experiences they had with other "Christians" or people who claim to be one.
Now, if someone bases their idea of what Jesus taught on what other people do, such as the "crusades", or their parents, or their church or pastor there is no doubt that person will reject Christianity.

However, if we evaluate the meaning and purpose of the teachings of Jesus according to what the word reveals to us then there should be a lot less to reject, because Christianity is the individual application of it's teachings, which means it really only matters what WE do, not what others do.

Another example is the way atheists avoid (or don't understand) the spiritual nature of religion, always comparing it with science or the Flying Spaghetti Monster, or the leprechaun in Bulproof's garage.
Not understanding that the study of religion and the nature of God are outside the scope of science then a whole lot is going to be misconstrued and completely missed altogether.

According to your own words, you have admitted that the nature of God is indeed within the scope of science, why would you lie about that now?

I think rather than religion convincing atheists they are right, it's atheists have either no perceptions, or distorted perceptions about religion, Christianity in specific, since this is the main argument around these parts.
Basically from what I've seen with my own eyes in most cases, is that it's the very own straw men atheists create on their own is what is convincing them.

From our own eyes, it is the constant flow of lies from you believers.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2016 2:35:43 PM
At 8/13/2016 11:50:55 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Jesus might have lived a normal life if he was an atheist. Instead he was mocked, beaten, rejected and put to death for the nonsense he taught.

Let us turn to the scriptures to see if Jesus was mocked, beaten, despised ,rejected and held in low esteem and declared a liar and a lunatic with a dual personality a schizophrenic for short.

1. Jesus was despised and held in low esteem.

Isaiah 53:3 He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain. Like one from whom people hide their faces he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.

2. Jesus was mocked and beaten.

Luke 22:63 The men who were guarding Jesus began mocking and beating him.

3. Jesus was seen as a liar.

John 8:45 Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me!

John 8:48 The Jews answered him, "Aren't we right in saying that you are a Samaritan and demon-possessed?"

4. Jesus was considered a lunatic even by his family.

Mark 3:21 When his family heard about this, they went to take charge of him, for they said, "He is out of his mind."

5. Jesus was seen as a lunatic by his disciples.

John 6:53"So Jesus said to them, "Very truly, I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.
54"Those who eat my flesh and drink my blood have eternal life, and I will raise them up on the last day;
55"for my flesh is true food and my blood is true drink.
60"When many of his disciples heard it, they said, "This teaching is difficult; who can accept it?"
66"Because of this many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him.

6. Jesus was rejected by the Jews.

Luke 23:21 But they kept shouting, "Crucify him! Crucify him!"

7. Jesus snapped out of his delusion on the cross.

Matthew 27:46 About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" (which means "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?").

I am only sharing what was revealed to me by reading the scriptures found in the bible. As a champion of Christians, scriptures is the shield I am given to defend the truth. As the most spiritual member on DDO, it is incumbent on me to defend the truth with the scriptures as I have demonstrated.
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2016 3:09:18 PM

Does Mormonism convince you that you are right about non-Mormonism? I suppose it would...
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2016 6:41:51 PM
At 8/13/2016 5:31:35 PM, UUU wrote:
matt8800,

Do you believe what you know OR do you know what you believe?

I believe there is no evidence that Joseph Smith was telling the truth or that Mormonism is correct. I believe the same for Scientology, Christianity, Native American religions, etc.

I believe that Mormonism, Scientology and Christianity are false all in the same way.

I suppose one could make the argument that the Scientology evil overlord Xenu cannot be proven to not exist. I will stick by my belief that Xenu doesn't exist unless someone can show empirical evidence that Xenu does exist. Do you agree or disagree?