Jump to topic:

Christians why do u care abuot morality

POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 3:36:55 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
if Jesus paid for all sins why care about good and bad? u have the license to do anything u can agrue all day long what morality is about but u just wasting your time. if u lived as a saint or rapist really it doesnt matter anything? after u die u go to the same heaven. i mean i dont get it priests r so stupid wasting their time praying night and day? its the same thing u pray or not. same destination. eternal heaven.

hallelujah another soul saved! (GTA2) xD
Never fart near dog
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 4:19:13 AM
Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing. And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law. You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace. For we through the Spirit eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love.

You ran well. Who hindered you from obeying the truth? This persuasion does not come from Him who calls you. A little leaven leavens the whole lump. I have confidence in you, in the Lord, that you will have no other mind; but he who troubles you shall bear his judgment, whoever he is.

And I, brethren, if I still preach circumcision, why do I still suffer persecution? Then the offense of the cross has ceased. I could wish that those who trouble you would even cut themselves off!

For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." But if you bite and devour one another, beware lest you be consumed by one another!

I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. And those who are Christ"s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 4:25:49 AM
Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ. For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.

In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead. And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.

So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ. Let no one cheat you of your reward, taking delight in false humility and worship of angels, intruding into those things which he has not] seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, and not holding fast to the Head, from whom all the body, nourished and knit together by joints and ligaments, grows with the increase that is from God.

Therefore, if you died with Christ from the basic principles of the world, why, as though living in the world, do you subject yourselves to regulations" "Do not touch, do not taste, do not handle," which all concern things which perish with the using"according to the commandments and doctrines of men? These things indeed have an appearance of wisdom in self-imposed religion, false humility, and neglect of the body, but are of no value against the indulgence of the flesh.

If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.

Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience, in which you yourselves once walked when you lived in them.

But now you yourselves are to put off all these: anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy language out of your mouth. Do not lie to one another, since you have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him, where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcised nor uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave nor free, but Christ is all and in all.

Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do. But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 4:29:01 AM
If you love God with sincerity of faith, you will flee from idolatry. Why do people do these wicked things? Idolatry.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 5:03:23 AM
At 8/14/2016 4:29:01 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
If you love God with sincerity of faith, you will flee from idolatry. Why do people do these wicked things? Idolatry.

Yet it's ok for you to worship your idol?
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 5:23:07 AM
At 8/14/2016 5:03:23 AM, Willows wrote:

You don't understand my faith. If you did, you wouldn't be so superstitious about it.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 7:25:56 AM
At 8/14/2016 5:23:07 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 8/14/2016 5:03:23 AM, Willows wrote:

You don't understand my faith. If you did, you wouldn't be so superstitious about it.

Nobody understands your faith, probably because of your lies.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 10:47:55 AM
At 8/14/2016 3:36:55 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
if Jesus paid for all sins why care about good and bad? u have the license to do anything u can agrue all day long what morality is about but u just wasting your time. if u lived as a saint or rapist really it doesnt matter anything? after u die u go to the same heaven. i mean i dont get it priests r so stupid wasting their time praying night and day? its the same thing u pray or not. same destination. eternal heaven.

while in essence under the covenant of Grace you are correct, all your sins past present and future are payed for you have to consider your personal witness to non believers, if they see you living a life of debauchery what makes you different to anyone else, how are you demonstrating God in your life...?
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 11:30:48 AM

So, you never actually read the Gospels or Epistles, okay got it.
Jesus didn't teach us to ABIDE in His teachings, Jesus only taught us to serve our flesh, to act in carnality and ignore the spirit all because He presented His body as a living sacrifice........yeah sure, get a life Poo. Let me know when you actually read them, then we can talk seriously about what Christianity really means, what Jesus really taught.

For the most part, everything in this forum especially the topics created against Christianity are elementary, and even that's being nice.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 11:40:01 AM
At 8/14/2016 10:47:55 AM, graceofgod wrote:

while in essence under the covenant of Grace you are correct, all your sins past present and future are payed for you have to consider your personal witness to non believers, if they see you living a life of debauchery what makes you different to anyone else, how are you demonstrating God in your life...?

This is unbelievably misleading, especially to non believers.

Jesus taught to abide in Him, those that become worthless, who do not abide in His commandments and teachings are discarded. This is why we focus on application instead of doctrines because it is causing false beliefs and perceptions, it's false doctrines.
Nowhere does Jesus say the words "all your sins past present and future are payed for" on the contrary Jesus taught abiding (John 15) and Jesus revealed an illustration in Matthew 7

"19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 11:46:55 AM
At 8/14/2016 11:40:01 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:

This is unbelievably misleading, especially to non believers.

Jesus taught to abide in Him, those that become worthless, who do not abide in His commandments and teachings are discarded. This is why we focus on application instead of doctrines because it is causing false beliefs and perceptions, it's false doctrines.
Nowhere does Jesus say the words "all your sins past present and future are payed for" on the contrary Jesus taught abiding (John 15) and Jesus revealed an illustration in Matthew 7

"19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."

it is not misleading at all it is the covenant of Grace...

are your sins forgiven past , present and future...

if your next sin separates you from your salvation how is Grace more glorious than the law, if the blood of a bull cleansed you of sin for one year how come the blood of Jesus does not excuse your next sin...

I agree that not everyone who says Lord will enter the kingdom but by accepting Jesus as your Lord and saviour you have done the will of the father...
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 7:22:35 PM
i love god he love me for he died for my sins so now i can do whatever i want. not good logic?
Never fart near dog
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 7:27:52 PM

but who cares? if i demonstrate or manifest God's (teachings...) in my life. think about ppl who dont marry, live in strict rules. and the ppl who do anything they want but they too say they r christians.. so in the end its like morality doesnt matter really. do whatever u want. same destination/reward in the afterlife.
Never fart near dog
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 7:32:34 PM
At 8/14/2016 11:30:48 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:

So, you never actually read the Gospels or Epistles, okay got it.
Jesus didn't teach us to ABIDE in His teachings, Jesus only taught us to serve our flesh, to act in carnality and ignore the spirit all because He presented His body as a living sacrifice........yeah sure, get a life Poo. Let me know when you actually read them, then we can talk seriously about what Christianity really means, what Jesus really taught.

what Jesus taught is something else of what paul taught. christians themselves tell me Jesus died for them. they r sinless. if u have problem with me u just condemning what they say, i take their word its not mine.

For the most part, everything in this forum especially the topics created against Christianity are elementary, and even that's being nice.

everyone see the opposite side wrong. what we do stop debating?
Never fart near dog
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 7:53:23 PM
At 8/14/2016 7:22:35 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
i love god he love me for he died for my sins so now i can do whatever i want. not good logic?

Yeah, a fine line between Christianity and Satanism, there is. That isn't what it means to be a disciple of Christ, though. Do you think that hedonists are the salt that preserve the Earth?

Surely, you can do whatever you want, but not everything is beneficial. If you love Jesus, you will obey his commandment. His commandment is that we love each other as he loved us. If you do not do this, you are like the servant who was forgiven his debt, and then goes out to break the knees of those who owe him money.

Then Peter came to Him and said, "Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?"

Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven. Therefore the kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. And when he had begun to settle accounts, one was brought to him who owed him ten thousand talents. But as he was not able to pay, his master commanded that he be sold, with his wife and children and all that he had, and that payment be made. The servant therefore fell down before him, saying, "Master, have patience with me, and I will pay you all." Then the master of that servant was moved with compassion, released him, and forgave him the debt.

"But that servant went out and found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii; and he laid hands on him and took him by the throat, saying, "Pay me what you owe!" So his fellow servant fell down at his feet and begged him, saying, "Have patience with me, and I will pay you all." And he would not, but went and threw him into prison till he should pay the debt. So when his fellow servants saw what had been done, they were very grieved, and came and told their master all that had been done. Then his master, after he had called him, said to him, "You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you begged me. Should you not also have had compassion on your fellow servant, just as I had pity on you?" And his master was angry, and delivered him to the torturers until he should pay all that was due to him.

"So My heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother his trespasses."
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 8:25:13 PM
At 8/14/2016 7:27:52 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:

but who cares? if i demonstrate or manifest God's (teachings...) in my life. think about ppl who dont marry, live in strict rules. and the ppl who do anything they want but they too say they r christians.. so in the end its like morality doesnt matter really. do whatever u want. same destination/reward in the afterlife.

of course it matters for the reason i first stated, it is about your personal example to others to see how God has worked in your life ...