Total Posts:11|Showing Posts:1-11
Jump to topic:

Are Christanity and animal rights nemesis?

Stupidape
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2016 9:34:59 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
I've been wondering are Christians and animal rights activists nemesis of each other? These two factions seem to clash a lot. They seem diametrically opposed.

As I see Christians see animal right activists as antichrist because they are saying Jesus is not the son of God by implying that it is sin to kill animals. Anyone who denies the son, is antichrist. Also, animal rights takes away from the God given dominion over animals.

Animal rights activists see Christians as the oppressor of animals. That Christians use religious texts to commit atrocities against animals. To withhold the principles of the Bible a Christian must be anti-animal rights.

For one to live the other must die. A prophecy in the Harry Potter series. It seems there can be no peace between these two factions. That each faction must seek total annihilation of the other faction. These factions seem as different as night and day or black and white.

To conclude promoting animal rights is antichrist and Christianity is heavily against animal rights. There can be no peace between these factions. As long a man, woman, or child of both factions still draws breathe there can be no peace.

Thanks for reading.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2016 9:59:22 PM
At 8/16/2016 9:34:59 PM, Stupidape wrote:
I've been wondering are Christians and animal rights activists nemesis of each other? These two factions seem to clash a lot. They seem diametrically opposed.

As I see Christians see animal right activists as antichrist because they are saying Jesus is not the son of God by implying that it is sin to kill animals. Anyone who denies the son, is antichrist. Also, animal rights takes away from the God given dominion over animals.

Animal rights activists see Christians as the oppressor of animals. That Christians use religious texts to commit atrocities against animals. To withhold the principles of the Bible a Christian must be anti-animal rights.

For one to live the other must die. A prophecy in the Harry Potter series. It seems there can be no peace between these two factions. That each faction must seek total annihilation of the other faction. These factions seem as different as night and day or black and white.

To conclude promoting animal rights is antichrist and Christianity is heavily against animal rights. There can be no peace between these factions. As long a man, woman, or child of both factions still draws breathe there can be no peace.

Thanks for reading.

Muslims, Hindu, Jews, Baddest yes even the "Dutch" kill animals! So you are WRONG!!!
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 2:55:42 AM

Thanks for reading.

The bible has many verse about taking care of animals.

Proverbs 12:10
A righteous man has regard for the life of his animal, But even the compassion of the wicked is cruel.

The a person after God's heart will care for the lives of his animals. But those against God even their kindness is cruel to animals.

Matthew 10:29
"Are not two sparrows sold for a cent? And yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father.

Even a 1/2 cent sparrow is remembered by God.

Luke 14:5
And He said to them, "Which one of you will have a son or an ox fall into a well, and will not immediately pull him out on a Sabbath day?"

Jesus equates the intensity of action being the same for a son or an ox.

I don't know if there is really a battle between the two. I know after working with animals I don't appreciate the efforts of PETA.

PETA was founded by a Liberal atheist. Take for instance the stance on sterilizing sheep and goats. The traditional way is to bite the testicles off. PETA considers that act cruel and unusual. And so encourage for banding.

Banding is wrapping a rubber band around the root of the testicles and allow it to slowly rot off. If that sounds painful you can look at the difference int he sheep and goats.

When the sacks are ripped off with no anesthesia, there is little risk to the animal from drug complications and are usually up and about jumping and playing like usual in a matter of hours.

With Banding the goat will loose it's appetite and if anesthesia was used complications from the drugs. They go days slowly walking around and in clear discomfort.

It's not surprising. As the Bible says even the compassion of the wicked is cruelty to their animals.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 3:01:37 AM

Animal rights activists see Christians as the oppressor of animals. That Christians use religious texts to commit atrocities against animals.

Give some examples of these atrocities committed by Christians in which they used Christianity, i. e. the New Testament, as their defense. Honestly, I can't think of a one, but apparently you are more familiar with the topic than I am.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 3:03:27 AM
At 8/17/2016 2:55:42 AM, Mhykiel wrote:

Thanks for reading.

A righteous man has regard for the life of his animal, But even the compassion of the wicked is cruel.

The a person after God's heart will care for the lives of his animals. But those against God even their kindness is cruel to animals.

"Are not two sparrows sold for a cent? And yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father.

And He said to them, "Which one of you will have a son or an ox fall into a well, and will not immediately pull him out on a Sabbath day?"

I don't know if there is really a battle between the two. I know after working with animals I don't appreciate the efforts of PETA.

PETA was founded by a Liberal atheist. Take for instance the stance on sterilizing sheep and goats. The traditional way is to bite the testicles off. PETA considers that act cruel and unusual. And so encourage for banding.

Banding is wrapping a rubber band around the root of the testicles and allow it to slowly rot off. If that sounds painful you can look at the difference int he sheep and goats.

When the sacks are ripped off with no anesthesia, there is little risk to the animal from drug complications ....

I would say there is zero risk since no drugs are used.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 3:12:07 AM
At 8/17/2016 3:03:27 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/17/2016 2:55:42 AM, Mhykiel wrote:

Thanks for reading.

When the sacks are ripped off with no anesthesia, there is little risk to the animal from drug complications ....

I would say there is zero risk since no drugs are used.

There's a risk with any open wound and castration. But in a domesticated stock, for instance dogs, castration can lower the risk of cancer.

There is also bilateral cutting where both testicles are removed in one knife cut.

I wouldn't say no risk. But I think a lot less pain and suffering then banding which one can see advocated by liberals all over the place. Even under the guise of science and animal welfare.

seriously who thinks letting a nut sack rot for 2 days and fall off from a tight noose is less cruel than a quick cut by teeth or knife?
Stupidape
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 3:40:14 AM
"Give some examples of these atrocities committed by Christians in which they used Christianity, i. e. the New Testament, as their defense. Honestly, I can't think of a one, but apparently you are more familiar with the topic than I am."

From animal rights point of view eating a lifetime worth of chickens, cows, and pigs are an atrocity. Many Christians simply brush off animal rights activists with remarks like dominion over animals, God says its okay. , and Jesus ate a fish and so on.

This below video is the first time I realized that if I choose the animal rights path, I would have to fight against Jesus. Animal rights is antichrist. Thanks for responding.

https://www.youtube.com...
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 4:25:44 AM
At 8/17/2016 3:40:14 AM, Stupidape wrote:
"Give some examples of these atrocities committed by Christians in which they used Christianity, i. e. the New Testament, as their defense. Honestly, I can't think of a one, but apparently you are more familiar with the topic than I am."

From animal rights point of view eating a lifetime worth of chickens, cows, and pigs are an atrocity. Many Christians simply brush off animal rights activists with remarks like dominion over animals, God says its okay. , and Jesus ate a fish and so on.

This below video is the first time I realized that if I choose the animal rights path, I would have to fight against Jesus. Animal rights is antichrist. Thanks for responding.

Just so I understand you, could you explain what these rights are and where they come from?
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 4:32:06 AM
At 8/17/2016 3:40:14 AM, Stupidape wrote:

According to Classical Christian thought, everything started off vegetarian. then when sin corrupted the world and flesh corrupted their ways. The world was full of violence.

There is a case to be made that vegetarianism is a Religious endeavor.

My contention is that Christian bible verse do not devalue the lives of animals. Contrary there are a list of some 100 verse talking about animals in positive way. Not as property but as another life we are responsible for.

My overall take is eating meat is allowed though not perfect.
Stupidape
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 4:39:53 AM
Note, animal rights activists clash with Jews also. Since a major part of Christianity is the Old Testament, its no wonder animal rights activists clash with Christians.

http://www.theblaze.com...