Total Posts:167|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The Bible has no Contradictions

VirBinarus
Posts: 323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 7:21:34 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
People are going to laugh at this one, but I honestly believe it's true. I would like to invite you to have a go at putting contradictions here that won't fall apart when we look closer.
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
1 thessalonians, 5:11
TheHitchslap
Posts: 1,231
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 7:26:44 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/17/2016 7:21:34 AM, VirBinarus wrote:
People are going to laugh at this one, but I honestly believe it's true. I would like to invite you to have a go at putting contradictions here that won't fall apart when we look closer.

EXO 15:3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.

ROM 15:33 Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.
------------------------
MAT 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

LUK 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli.

(Joseph's Dad changes from Jacob to Heli)
--------------------------

JOH 10:30 I and my Father are one.

JOH 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

-----------------------------------

1KI 4:26 And Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen.

2CH 9:25 And Solomon had four thousand stalls for horses and chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen; whom he bestowed in the chariot cities, and with the king at Jerusalem.

---------------------------

ISA 14:21 Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.

DEU 24:16 The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

There's a lot more than just that too...
Thank you for voting!
bulproof
Posts: 25,247
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 7:45:42 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/17/2016 7:21:34 AM, VirBinarus wrote:
People are going to laugh at this one,
Got that right.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
VirBinarus
Posts: 323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 8:25:17 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/17/2016 7:26:44 AM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 8/17/2016 7:21:34 AM, VirBinarus wrote:
People are going to laugh at this one, but I honestly believe it's true. I would like to invite you to have a go at putting contradictions here that won't fall apart when we look closer.

EXO 15:3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.

ROM 15:33 Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.

God is the God of everything
------------------------
MAT 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

LUK 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli.

(Joseph's Dad changes from Jacob to Heli)

Heli had two daughters, Mary and Zebedee's wife, therefore because there was no son for the inheritance, the custom was that it would be his son in law, who was Joseph.

--------------------------

JOH 10:30 I and my Father are one.

JOH 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Yeah, the trinity is weird and complicated, and as humans we don't have much hope of understanding it, here's what we've got:

https://upload.wikimedia.org...

-----------------------------------

1KI 4:26 And Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen.

2CH 9:25 And Solomon had four thousand stalls for horses and chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen; whom he bestowed in the chariot cities, and with the king at Jerusalem.

A few possible explainations:

1. Time difference, these were written at different times
2. copy error, there is l letter difference between the four thousand, and fourty thousand. And while the Bible is inspired by God, The exact number of stalls Solomon had isn't really central to the plot.

---------------------------

ISA 14:21 Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.

DEU 24:16 The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fatherds: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

If you've ever seen a sheep against a green field, in the distance, you see that it looks white as a sheet of paper. However, if you see a sheep in snow, they look filthy.

we all look innocent compared to terrorists, but every single one of us has sinned, and turned our backs on God. Whenever someone is killed they still deserved it because they sinned. Even I deserve to die.

There's a lot more than just that too...
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
1 thessalonians, 5:11
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 8:29:05 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/17/2016 8:25:17 AM, VirBinarus wrote:
At 8/17/2016 7:26:44 AM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 8/17/2016 7:21:34 AM, VirBinarus wrote:
People are going to laugh at this one, but I honestly believe it's true. I would like to invite you to have a go at putting contradictions here that won't fall apart when we look closer.

EXO 15:3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.

ROM 15:33 Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.

God is the God of everything
------------------------
MAT 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

LUK 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli.

(Joseph's Dad changes from Jacob to Heli)

Heli had two daughters, Mary and Zebedee's wife, therefore because there was no son for the inheritance, the custom was that it would be his son in law, who was Joseph.

--------------------------

JOH 10:30 I and my Father are one.

JOH 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Yeah, the trinity is weird and complicated, and as humans we don't have much hope of understanding it, here's what we've got:

https://upload.wikimedia.org...

-----------------------------------

1KI 4:26 And Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen.

2CH 9:25 And Solomon had four thousand stalls for horses and chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen; whom he bestowed in the chariot cities, and with the king at Jerusalem.

A few possible explainations:

1. Time difference, these were written at different times
2. copy error, there is l letter difference between the four thousand, and fourty thousand. And while the Bible is inspired by God, The exact number of stalls Solomon had isn't really central to the plot.

---------------------------

ISA 14:21 Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.

DEU 24:16 The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fatherds: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

If you've ever seen a sheep against a green field, in the distance, you see that it looks white as a sheet of paper. However, if you see a sheep in snow, they look filthy.

we all look innocent compared to terrorists, but every single one of us has sinned, and turned our backs on God. Whenever someone is killed they still deserved it because they sinned. Even I deserve to die.

There's a lot more than just that too...

How do the deaths of babies under the age of two fit into your happy little scenario? Have they sinned too? Do they deserve to die?
Omniverse
Posts: 973
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 9:18:28 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/17/2016 8:25:17 AM, VirBinarus wrote:

God is the God of everything

And yet

1 Corinthians 14:33
"
For God is not a God of disorder but of peace--as in all the congregations of the Lord's people.
"

( http://biblehub.com... )
foxxhajti
Posts: 479
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 9:32:55 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/17/2016 7:21:34 AM, VirBinarus wrote:
People are going to laugh at this one, but I honestly believe it's true. I would like to invite you to have a go at putting contradictions here that won't fall apart when we look closer.

The Creation of the world.

Here is the order in the first (Genesis 1):

Day 1: Sky, Earth, light
Day 2: Water, both in ocean basins and above the sky(!)
Day 3: Plants
Day 4: Sun, Moon, stars (as calendrical and navigational aids)
Day 5: Sea monsters (whales), fish, birds, land animals, creepy-crawlies (reptiles, insects, etc.)
Day 6: Humans (apparently both sexes at the same time)
Day 7: Nothing (the Gods took the first day off anyone ever did)

Note that there are "days," "evenings," and "mornings" before the Sun was created. Here, the Deity is referred to as "Elohim," which is a plural, thus the literal translation, "the Gods."

[1] https://www.biblegateway.com...

The second one (Genesis 2), the Yahwist tradition, goes:

- Earth and heavens (misty)
- Adam, the first man (on a desolate Earth)
- Plants
- Animals
- Eve, the first woman (from Adam's rib)

[2] https://www.biblegateway.com...
"It's interesting to observe that almost all truly worthy men have simple manners, and that simple manners are almost always taken as a sign of little worth" - Giacomo Leopardi

"It is more honorable to be raised to a throne than to be born to one. Fortune bestows the one, merit obtains the other." - Francesco Petrarca

"You too must not count too much on your reality as you feel it today, since like yesterday, it may prove an illusion for you tomorrow." - Luigi Pirandello
Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 10:10:37 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/17/2016 7:21:34 AM, VirBinarus wrote:
People are going to laugh at this one, but I honestly believe it's true. I would like to invite you to have a go at putting contradictions here that won't fall apart when we look closer.

The answer is I don't know if there is or not as well.
But how great is that word ( CONTRADICTIONS )
Contradictions .
That's a fun word to say hey?
Kon- truh- dik-shuh- n.
Say it with me , READY. contradiction.
Look at all the words you can make with the letters of contradictions.
I'm going to use that word ( contradiction ) in a sentence to the next 3 people I talk to.
Give it a go.

I said it to the person sitting near me in a messed up sentence just then .
And he is non the wiser .
Good game ,
Good game.
VirBinarus
Posts: 323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 12:01:36 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/17/2016 9:18:28 AM, Omniverse wrote:
At 8/17/2016 8:25:17 AM, VirBinarus wrote:

God is the God of everything

And yet

1 Corinthians 14:33
"
For God is not a God of disorder but of peace--as in all the congregations of the Lord's people.
"

( http://biblehub.com... )

well, disorder isn't really a thing, it's the lack of a definitive thing
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
1 thessalonians, 5:11
Omniverse
Posts: 973
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 12:08:17 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/17/2016 12:01:36 PM, VirBinarus wrote:
At 8/17/2016 9:18:28 AM, Omniverse wrote:
At 8/17/2016 8:25:17 AM, VirBinarus wrote:

God is the God of everything

And yet

1 Corinthians 14:33
"
For God is not a God of disorder but of peace--as in all the congregations of the Lord's people.
"

( http://biblehub.com... )

well, disorder isn't really a thing, it's the lack of a definitive thing

Don't play word games on me.
Violence is the absence of peace, falsehood the absence of truth, tec.

You claim the Christian God is the God of everything. That necessarily entails He is the God of contradictory things. If He is at once the God of contradictory things, He is none of such things. He can't, for instance, be, as He is said to be, Love, for He is also the God of Hate, as you have previously admitted by claiming He is the God of everything.
Willows
Posts: 2,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 12:27:54 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/17/2016 7:21:34 AM, VirBinarus wrote:
People are going to laugh at this one, but I honestly believe it's true. I would like to invite you to have a go at putting contradictions here that won't fall apart when we look closer.

The key word here is "believe". If you are prone to "believe" in God in the first place you are going to "believe" that the sun shines out of the bible.

For the sake of a laugh, what do you make of the following:

MAT 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.
LUK 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli.
VirBinarus
Posts: 323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 12:53:40 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/17/2016 12:27:54 PM, Willows wrote:
For the sake of a laugh, what do you make of the following:

MAT 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.
LUK 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli.

Yep, I've answered this one before, check the second one on #4
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
1 thessalonians, 5:11
VirBinarus
Posts: 323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 12:55:37 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/17/2016 8:29:05 AM, desmac wrote:
How do the deaths of babies under the age of two fit into your happy little scenario? Have they sinned too? Do they deserve to die?

unfortunately, yes.
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
1 thessalonians, 5:11
VirBinarus
Posts: 323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 12:59:51 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/17/2016 12:08:17 PM, Omniverse wrote:
At 8/17/2016 12:01:36 PM, VirBinarus wrote:
At 8/17/2016 9:18:28 AM, Omniverse wrote:
At 8/17/2016 8:25:17 AM, VirBinarus wrote:

God is the God of everything

And yet

1 Corinthians 14:33
"
For God is not a God of disorder but of peace--as in all the congregations of the Lord's people.
"

( http://biblehub.com... )

well, disorder isn't really a thing, it's the lack of a definitive thing

Don't play word games on me.
Violence is the absence of peace, falsehood the absence of truth, tec.

You claim the Christian God is the God of everything. That necessarily entails He is the God of contradictory things. If He is at once the God of contradictory things, He is none of such things. He can't, for instance, be, as He is said to be, Love, for He is also the God of Hate, as you have previously admitted by claiming He is the God of everything.

ok, I'll just say "God is the God of war and of Peace"

better?
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
1 thessalonians, 5:11
Omniverse
Posts: 973
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 1:03:12 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/17/2016 12:59:51 PM, VirBinarus wrote:
At 8/17/2016 12:08:17 PM, Omniverse wrote:
At 8/17/2016 12:01:36 PM, VirBinarus wrote:
At 8/17/2016 9:18:28 AM, Omniverse wrote:
At 8/17/2016 8:25:17 AM, VirBinarus wrote:

God is the God of everything

And yet

1 Corinthians 14:33
"
For God is not a God of disorder but of peace--as in all the congregations of the Lord's people.
"

( http://biblehub.com... )

well, disorder isn't really a thing, it's the lack of a definitive thing

Don't play word games on me.
Violence is the absence of peace, falsehood the absence of truth, tec.

You claim the Christian God is the God of everything. That necessarily entails He is the God of contradictory things. If He is at once the God of contradictory things, He is none of such things. He can't, for instance, be, as He is said to be, Love, for He is also the God of Hate, as you have previously admitted by claiming He is the God of everything.

ok, I'll just say "God is the God of war and of Peace"

better?

If the Christian God is the God of War, then He cannot be Love, as the Bible says He is.
Fatal contradiction.
Ergo, the Bible si contradictory.
ethang5
Posts: 4,104
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 1:04:07 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/17/2016 7:21:34 AM, VirBinarus wrote:
People are going to laugh at this one, but I honestly believe it's true. I would like to invite you to have a go at putting contradictions here that won't fall apart when we look closer.

VB, you seem new to the game. Here is how it goes.

1. Atheist interprets verse hyper-literally. Comes to an of course absurd conclusion about a contradiction.

2. Theists offers a solution, pointing out that the verse is not literal.

3. Atheists dismisses the solution and insist there be proof that the verse is not literal.

4. Theist gives reason why the verse cannot be read literally.

5 Atheist charges theist with cherry-picking.

Rinse and repeat.
tarantula
Posts: 858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 1:05:56 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/17/2016 7:21:34 AM, VirBinarus wrote:
People are going to laugh at this one, but I honestly believe it's true. I would like to invite you to have a go at putting contradictions here that won't fall apart when we look closer.

'God so loved the world' etc, yet the actions of that god are not in the slightest bit loving, like supposedly flooding a whole planet!
VirBinarus
Posts: 323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 1:07:39 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/17/2016 1:03:12 PM, Omniverse wrote:
If the Christian God is the God of War, then He cannot be Love, as the Bible says He is.
Why not?
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
1 thessalonians, 5:11
Willows
Posts: 2,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 1:10:18 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/17/2016 12:53:40 PM, VirBinarus wrote:
At 8/17/2016 12:27:54 PM, Willows wrote:
For the sake of a laugh, what do you make of the following:

MAT 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.
LUK 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli.

Yep, I've answered this one before, check the second one on #4

Just because an inheritance goes to a son-in-law, it does not make him a son.
VirBinarus
Posts: 323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 1:10:54 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/17/2016 1:05:56 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 8/17/2016 7:21:34 AM, VirBinarus wrote:
People are going to laugh at this one, but I honestly believe it's true. I would like to invite you to have a go at putting contradictions here that won't fall apart when we look closer.

'God so loved the world' etc, yet the actions of that god are not in the slightest bit loving, like supposedly flooding a whole planet!

You only have to read to the end of that verse to find how loving he is (john 3:16)
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
1 thessalonians, 5:11
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 1:11:28 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/17/2016 12:55:37 PM, VirBinarus wrote:
At 8/17/2016 8:29:05 AM, desmac wrote:
How do the deaths of babies under the age of two fit into your happy little scenario? Have they sinned too? Do they deserve to die?

unfortunately, yes.

You christians are such sweeties.
Omniverse
Posts: 973
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 1:16:06 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
Ethan's trademark biblical exegesis works like this:

Interpret the particular translation of the Bible he endorses - but for the life in him he can neither name nor present a justification for such choice - in the most self-serving way possible. That means reading into the text, shoehorning the text, bending the text and alternating between literal and non-literal interpretations of the text depending on the conveniences of the moment.
foxxhajti
Posts: 479
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 1:22:23 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/17/2016 7:21:34 AM, VirBinarus wrote:
People are going to laugh at this one, but I honestly believe it's true. I would like to invite you to have a go at putting contradictions here that won't fall apart when we look closer.

Further contradictions:
(I've also already previously quoted the contradiction of the Creation of the Earth in another post)

Contrasts between the adjectives used to describe Moses' personality

NUM 12:3: "Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the face of the earth."

NUM 31:14, 17, 18: "And Moses was wroth...And Moses said unto them, "Have ye saved all the women alive? ... Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman, ... But all the women children ... keep alive for yourselves."

--------------------------------------

Contradictions about the righteous


PSA 92:12: "The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree."

ISA 57:1: "The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart."

---------------------------------------

Jesus' last words

MAT 27:46,50: "And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, eli, lama sabachthani?" that is to say, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" ...Jesus, when he cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost."

LUK 23:46: "And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, "Father, unto thy hands I commend my spirit:" and having said thus, he gave up the ghost."

JOH 19:30: "When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, "It is finished:" and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost."

---------------------------------------

The amount of time Jesus remained in the tomb

Matthew 12:40 "For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth."

Mark 10:34 "And they shall mock him, and shall scourge him, and shall spit upon him, and shall kill him: and the third day he shall rise again."

(The first one claims that it would be after the third day, while the second one claims that it'll be on the third day itself)

-----------------------------------------

To answer, or not to answer a fool?

PRO 26:4 "Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him."

PRO 26:5 "Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit."
"It's interesting to observe that almost all truly worthy men have simple manners, and that simple manners are almost always taken as a sign of little worth" - Giacomo Leopardi

"It is more honorable to be raised to a throne than to be born to one. Fortune bestows the one, merit obtains the other." - Francesco Petrarca

"You too must not count too much on your reality as you feel it today, since like yesterday, it may prove an illusion for you tomorrow." - Luigi Pirandello
VirBinarus
Posts: 323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 1:27:13 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/17/2016 1:10:18 PM, Willows wrote:
At 8/17/2016 12:53:40 PM, VirBinarus wrote:
At 8/17/2016 12:27:54 PM, Willows wrote:
For the sake of a laugh, what do you make of the following:

MAT 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.
LUK 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli.

Yep, I've answered this one before, check the second one on #4

Just because an inheritance goes to a son-in-law, it does not make him a son.

No, and if you look at the Greek, there is no use of the word "son", it just says "Joseph, of Heli of Matthat ..." Joesph was the one who inherited the blessing that was passed down this genealogy because of the reason described above, and so that is what is written in that genealogy.
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
1 thessalonians, 5:11
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 1:32:48 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/17/2016 12:55:37 PM, VirBinarus wrote:
At 8/17/2016 8:29:05 AM, desmac wrote:
How do the deaths of babies under the age of two fit into your happy little scenario? Have they sinned too? Do they deserve to die?

unfortunately, yes.

What possible sins has a 14 month old baby committed? Adultery? Murder? Pooping his pants?
Omniverse
Posts: 973
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 1:36:30 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/17/2016 12:55:37 PM, VirBinarus wrote:
At 8/17/2016 8:29:05 AM, desmac wrote:
How do the deaths of fit into your happy little scenario? Have they sinned too? Do they deserve to die?

unfortunately, yes.

What sins can babies under the age of two possibly have committed?

Can unborn foetuses sin as well?
How?
How about newborns and mentally handicapped?
tarantula
Posts: 858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 1:37:46 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/17/2016 1:10:54 PM, VirBinarus wrote:
At 8/17/2016 1:05:56 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 8/17/2016 7:21:34 AM, VirBinarus wrote:
People are going to laugh at this one, but I honestly believe it's true. I would like to invite you to have a go at putting contradictions here that won't fall apart when we look closer.

'God so loved the world' etc, yet the actions of that god are not in the slightest bit loving, like supposedly flooding a whole planet!

You only have to read to the end of that verse to find how loving he is (john 3:16)

Yeh sure, what a 'loving' god, having its own 'son' topped! WHAT A PSYCHO!
bulproof
Posts: 25,247
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 1:49:32 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/17/2016 1:27:13 PM, VirBinarus wrote:
At 8/17/2016 1:10:18 PM, Willows wrote:
At 8/17/2016 12:53:40 PM, VirBinarus wrote:
At 8/17/2016 12:27:54 PM, Willows wrote:
For the sake of a laugh, what do you make of the following:

MAT 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.
LUK 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli.

Yep, I've answered this one before, check the second one on #4

Just because an inheritance goes to a son-in-law, it does not make him a son.

No, and if you look at the Greek, there is no use of the word "son", it just says "Joseph, of Heli of Matthat ..." Joesph was the one who inherited the blessing that was passed down this genealogy because of the reason described above, and so that is what is written in that genealogy.

Would all of you godbotherers please produce your own translation of the bible so that we can all understand what you claim it says?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
VirBinarus
Posts: 323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 2:11:27 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/17/2016 1:22:23 PM, foxxhajti wrote:
At 8/17/2016 7:21:34 AM, VirBinarus wrote:
People are going to laugh at this one, but I honestly believe it's true. I would like to invite you to have a go at putting contradictions here that won't fall apart when we look closer.


Further contradictions:
(I've also already previously quoted the contradiction of the Creation of the Earth in another post)

Contrasts between the adjectives used to describe Moses' personality

NUM 12:3: "Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the face of the earth."

NUM 31:14, 17, 18: "And Moses was wroth...And Moses said unto them, "Have ye saved all the women alive? ... Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman, ... But all the women children ... keep alive for yourselves."

how does being a humble person mean you can't be angry?

--------------------------------------

Contradictions about the righteous


PSA 92:12: "The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree."

ISA 57:1: "The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart."

The first one is saying that the righteous will flourish in heaven.

The second is describing the righteous dying.

The righteous dying takes them to heaven, hence no contradiction here.

---------------------------------------

Jesus' last words

MAT 27:46,50: "And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, eli, lama sabachthani?" that is to say, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" ...Jesus, when he cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost."

LUK 23:46: "And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, "Father, unto thy hands I commend my spirit:" and having said thus, he gave up the ghost."

JOH 19:30: "When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, "It is finished:" and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost."

This isn't a contradiction at all, here's what these two gospels said he said:

Matt: "Eli, eli, lama sabachthani?", then [something]
Luke: [Something], then "Father, unto thy hands I commend my spirit:"

They fit in perfectly, it's just Matthew chose to say a different part of it to Luke.

---------------------------------------

The amount of time Jesus remained in the tomb

Matthew 12:40 "For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth."

Mark 10:34 "And they shall mock him, and shall scourge him, and shall spit upon him, and shall kill him: and the third day he shall rise again."

(The first one claims that it would be after the third day, while the second one claims that it'll be on the third day itself)

Dies on Day 1
-Night
Day 2
-Night
Day 3
-Night
Rises on Day 4

In there Jesus is there for 3 days and 3 nights, but he rises on the third day, if you start from day 2 as he died during day 1.

-----------------------------------------

To answer, or not to answer a fool?

PRO 26:4 "Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him."

PRO 26:5 "Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit."

These ones are literally right next to each other in the Bible.

The first one says that if for example, a fool gives an argument based on a massive lie, you should not respond with a massive lie etc

The second one is saying that in other cases it is better to answer a fool, so that they don't get over-confident.
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
1 thessalonians, 5:11
VirBinarus
Posts: 323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 2:15:32 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/17/2016 1:49:32 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/17/2016 1:27:13 PM, VirBinarus wrote:
At 8/17/2016 1:10:18 PM, Willows wrote:
At 8/17/2016 12:53:40 PM, VirBinarus wrote:
At 8/17/2016 12:27:54 PM, Willows wrote:
For the sake of a laugh, what do you make of the following:

MAT 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.
LUK 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli.

Yep, I've answered this one before, check the second one on #4

Just because an inheritance goes to a son-in-law, it does not make him a son.

No, and if you look at the Greek, there is no use of the word "son", it just says "Joseph, of Heli of Matthat ..." Joesph was the one who inherited the blessing that was passed down this genealogy because of the reason described above, and so that is what is written in that genealogy.

Would all of you godbotherers please produce your own translation of the bible so that we can all understand what you claim it says?

If you're trying to find out more about God, and the world, you should go for a modern version like NIV, because that is easier to read.

If you're contradiction-busting, you would want a literal translation version e.g. CLV
Literally contradiction-busting is the only circumstance in which NIV might not satisfy.
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
1 thessalonians, 5:11