Total Posts:47|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Evolution is inherently racist

DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2016 1:27:02 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/19/2016 1:23:31 AM, bigotry wrote:
gogogogogogogo

And, gone.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Axonly
Posts: 1,802
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2016 1:35:43 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/19/2016 1:23:31 AM, bigotry wrote:
gogogogogogogo

Do you dislike natural selection because you would be selected against?
Meh!
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2016 3:40:09 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/19/2016 1:23:31 AM, bigotry wrote:
gogogogogogogo

Gah. :D

Race isn't species, Bigs. Humans are the same species with a range of phenotypes in different combinations, only some of which are easy to spot; and the combinations we notice explicitly as a racial ethnotype are only a tiny fraction of the phenotypes we don't notice at all, yet which may play a bigger role in sexual preference, survival and social advancement.

As a specific example, there's strong evidence that a gene creating lactose intolerance is the 'normal' gene in most mammals: they grow lactose intolerant after weaning. It's also 'normal' for humans through most of the world...

...except in Europe, where it has been driven to near-extinction in European ethnicities, because of their thousands of years of using dairy-cattle to mitigate against famine.

The point being: mischance and happenstance are more likely to drive invisible genetic extinctions within your ethnicity than anyone is to drive a racially-identified ethnotype to extinction within the world. Mischance and happenstance drive mini-extinctions all the time, while it would take some empire with a bee in its bonnet many generations to extinguish a racially-identified ethnotype: they'd never get it all, and there's no strategic economic or political benefit in doing so anyway -- it's pure ignorant populism.

Moreover, because humans are the same species, we exchange genetic material with other ethnicities all the time via trade, tourism and colonisation.The black-haired, blue-eyed Irish, the red-haired Britons with Roman noses, the Norwegians with pale skins and epicanthic folds, and pretty much the whole of what's now being seen as a distinctive 'Brazilian' ethnotype are testimony to that.

The eugenics 'purity' movements of the late 19th and early 20th centuries were ignorant, superstitious and inherently self-defeating, Your Bigsitude. Empires do ethnic cleansings all the time for fun and profit, but 'racial' extinctions are meaningless, pointless and self-defeating.
Outplayz
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2016 3:48:27 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/19/2016 3:40:09 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 8/19/2016 1:23:31 AM, bigotry wrote:
gogogogogogogo

Gah. :D

Race isn't species, Bigs. Humans are the same species with a range of phenotypes in different combinations, only some of which are easy to spot; and the combinations we notice explicitly as a racial ethnotype are only a tiny fraction of the phenotypes we don't notice at all, yet which may play a bigger role in sexual preference, survival and social advancement.

As a specific example, there's strong evidence that a gene creating lactose intolerance is the 'normal' gene in most mammals: they grow lactose intolerant after weaning. It's also 'normal' for humans through most of the world...

...except in Europe, where it has been driven to near-extinction in European ethnicities, because of their thousands of years of using dairy-cattle to mitigate against famine.

The point being: mischance and happenstance are more likely to drive invisible genetic extinctions within your ethnicity than anyone is to drive a racially-identified ethnotype to extinction within the world. Mischance and happenstance drive mini-extinctions all the time, while it would take some empire with a bee in its bonnet many generations to extinguish a racially-identified ethnotype: they'd never get it all, and there's no strategic economic or political benefit in doing so anyway -- it's pure ignorant populism.

Moreover, because humans are the same species, we exchange genetic material with other ethnicities all the time via trade, tourism and colonisation.The black-haired, blue-eyed Irish, the red-haired Britons with Roman noses, the Norwegians with pale skins and epicanthic folds, and pretty much the whole of what's now being seen as a distinctive 'Brazilian' ethnotype are testimony to that.

The eugenics 'purity' movements of the late 19th and early 20th centuries were ignorant, superstitious and inherently self-defeating, Your Bigsitude. Empires do ethnic cleansings all the time for fun and profit, but 'racial' extinctions are meaningless, pointless and self-defeating.

Tell that to Hollywood. Funny thing is a black actor isn't "relatable" when we have been relating to white actors for ages.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2016 4:27:19 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/19/2016 3:48:27 AM, Outplayz wrote:
A black actor isn't "relatable" when we have been relating to white actors for ages.

When people of African descent have wealth and privilege, it's amazing how much more relateable they become to everyone else.
Outplayz
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2016 4:41:21 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/19/2016 4:27:19 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 8/19/2016 3:48:27 AM, Outplayz wrote:
A black actor isn't "relatable" when we have been relating to white actors for ages.

When people of African descent have wealth and privilege, it's amazing how much more relateable they become to everyone else.

Haha i see your point. however, i think they are still being used. What makes them powerful? Being an entertainer? Being a person i bet on in a game? Being a thug rapper and thought of as "so cool" bc he/she seems so thug and dangerous. In the end, i blame it on their accent... it's just so thuggish ruggish
bigotry
Posts: 1,068
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2016 4:57:08 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
I was just making fun of the people that keep starting these ridiculous threads about biblical stuff. Odd not one of them commented here.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2016 5:24:23 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/19/2016 4:57:08 AM, bigotry wrote:
I was just making fun of the people that keep starting these ridiculous threads about biblical stuff.

People upholding the Bible (or any scripture) as a universal manual for mankind are claiming vast intellectual and moral authority, Bigs. If democracy has taught us anything it's that there can be no authority without accountability.

I'd agree that not all Biblical queries are valid, and not all accusations are legitimate. However, to presuppose all of them false or invalid, as I've seen some threads do recently, is an exercise in contempt.

We already have enough contempt from monotheistic dualists trying to shame and bully others into letting monotheistic doctrine order their lives. I realise the backlash is sometimes ignorant or excessive, but that's why Christians and Muslims see more of it than (say) Buddhists do.
bigotry
Posts: 1,068
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2016 6:10:49 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/19/2016 5:24:23 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 8/19/2016 4:57:08 AM, bigotry wrote:
I was just making fun of the people that keep starting these ridiculous threads about biblical stuff.

People upholding the Bible (or any scripture) as a universal manual for mankind are claiming vast intellectual and moral authority, Bigs. If democracy has taught us anything it's that there can be no authority without accountability.

I'd agree that not all Biblical queries are valid, and not all accusations are legitimate. However, to presuppose all of them false or invalid, as I've seen some threads do recently, is an exercise in contempt.

The problem is that not one theologian, study, credentialed individual makes any of these arguments that are frankly hilarious to read at times. I really don't know what some people are thinking.

We already have enough contempt from monotheistic dualists trying to shame and bully others into letting monotheistic doctrine order their lives. I realise the backlash is sometimes ignorant or excessive, but that's why Christians and Muslims see more of it than (say) Buddhists do.
I'm not sure that any Christian monotheist is trying to bully anyone into anything, and if they are, they are doing it in spite of their Christian doctrine as is quite noticeable that this is not the manner in which the word of God was preached. These people are no different than the liberal groups telling you your ignorant for not supporting this or that cause and ect.

But the bottom line was really to poke fun at this group of people which as I said haven't even shown their faces in this thread lmao
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2016 6:34:03 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/19/2016 6:10:49 AM, bigotry wrote:
At 8/19/2016 5:24:23 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 8/19/2016 4:57:08 AM, bigotry wrote:
I was just making fun of the people that keep starting these ridiculous threads about biblical stuff.
People upholding the Bible (or any scripture) as a universal manual for mankind are claiming vast intellectual and moral authority, Bigs. If democracy has taught us anything it's that there can be no authority without accountability.
I'd agree that not all Biblical queries are valid, and not all accusations are legitimate. However, to presuppose all of them false or invalid, as I've seen some threads do recently, is an exercise in contempt.
The problem is that not one theologian, study, credentialed individual makes any of these arguments that are frankly hilarious to read at times.
Since I'm not sure which arguments you're talking about, I can't tell whether that claim is true.

But there are plenty of Biblical scholars credentialed in theology who'll say outright that in their opinion, the Bible got some facts wrong, and no lack of scholars who'll say that Christian tradition got its authentication wrong about the Bible too.

Which means that some criticism is scholarly and legitimate, even if (as I'd agree) not all is.

We already have enough contempt from monotheistic dualists trying to shame and bully others into letting monotheistic doctrine order their lives.
I'm not sure that any Christian monotheist is trying to bully anyone into anything
Any group can use political power to discriminate against non-doctrinal minorities, however Christian-dominant societies have the power, the inherited privilege, the traditions of rulership, and the traditions and doctrines of disrespect legitimising the right to do so.

Consequently, we find that (for example), vilification of Muslims and atheists is much worse among adherents claiming orthodox Christian beliefs; opposition to gay marriage, secular education or atheists and Muslims in legislation is more fierce among these groups. Likewise, opposition to no-fault divorce, sex education, contraception... the list goes on.

Essentially, large groups of adherents claiming orthodox beliefs are also claiming the right to regulate the lives of others through those beliefs, effectively relegating anyone not of their faith to second-class citizens: the governed but not part of government.

That's bullying, of course.

But the bottom line was really to poke fun at this group of people which as I said haven't even shown their faces in this thread lmao
Sure, and I endorse your right to do so.

But since most of the developed world of whatever faith accepts evolution, I don't see why it targets specifically people who don't much like Christianity. :D And if you think evolution a sacred belief among secularists... well, any secularists treating it that way must not understand science terribly well. :D
dee-em
Posts: 6,474
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2016 8:24:43 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/19/2016 4:57:08 AM, bigotry wrote:
I was just making fun of the people that keep starting these ridiculous threads about biblical stuff. Odd not one of them commented here.

Have you seen any of these unnamed people start a thread whose only content is "gogogogogogogo"? How absurd.

What is there to comment on? Is there an argument lurking here, because if there is, you don't seem to be capable of illuminating it. All you are doing, like Mhykiel, is repeatedly displaying your ignorance.
bigotry
Posts: 1,068
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2016 4:45:51 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/19/2016 8:24:43 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/19/2016 4:57:08 AM, bigotry wrote:
I was just making fun of the people that keep starting these ridiculous threads about biblical stuff. Odd not one of them commented here.

Have you seen any of these unnamed people start a thread whose only content is "gogogogogogogo"? How absurd.

What is there to comment on? Is there an argument lurking here, because if there is, you don't seem to be capable of illuminating it. All you are doing, like Mhykiel, is repeatedly displaying your ignorance.
Is it really your position the fathers of evolution were not racists and didnt work it into the theory?
bulproof
Posts: 25,255
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2016 4:52:05 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/19/2016 4:45:51 PM, bigotry wrote:
At 8/19/2016 8:24:43 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/19/2016 4:57:08 AM, bigotry wrote:
I was just making fun of the people that keep starting these ridiculous threads about biblical stuff. Odd not one of them commented here.

Have you seen any of these unnamed people start a thread whose only content is "gogogogogogogo"? How absurd.

What is there to comment on? Is there an argument lurking here, because if there is, you don't seem to be capable of illuminating it. All you are doing, like Mhykiel, is repeatedly displaying your ignorance.
Is it really your position the fathers of evolution were not racists and didnt work it into the theory?
Can't you get anyone to play bigot? That happens with stupid.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
graceofgod
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2016 5:21:46 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/19/2016 1:23:31 AM, bigotry wrote:
gogogogogogogo

I actually believe in away it is, I believe that darwin saw white people, saw black people and saw monkees, he noticed black people seem to share certain features with monkees, at the time black people were considered savage, untrainable, stupid...

i honestly believe he saw the link between the three a similarity that run through all three with the white man being the greatest evolved...

but it is only my opinion...
bulproof
Posts: 25,255
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2016 5:24:57 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/19/2016 5:21:46 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 8/19/2016 1:23:31 AM, bigotry wrote:
gogogogogogogo

I actually believe in away it is, I believe that darwin saw white people, saw black people and saw monkees, he noticed black people seem to share certain features with monkees, at the time black people were considered savage, untrainable, stupid...

i honestly believe he saw the link between the three a similarity that run through all three with the white man being the greatest evolved...

but it is only my opinion...
All that from finches, ya gotta luv the guy.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bigotry
Posts: 1,068
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2016 11:07:50 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/19/2016 4:52:05 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/19/2016 4:45:51 PM, bigotry wrote:
At 8/19/2016 8:24:43 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/19/2016 4:57:08 AM, bigotry wrote:
I was just making fun of the people that keep starting these ridiculous threads about biblical stuff. Odd not one of them commented here.

Have you seen any of these unnamed people start a thread whose only content is "gogogogogogogo"? How absurd.

What is there to comment on? Is there an argument lurking here, because if there is, you don't seem to be capable of illuminating it. All you are doing, like Mhykiel, is repeatedly displaying your ignorance.
Is it really your position the fathers of evolution were not racists and didnt work it into the theory?
Can't you get anyone to play bigot? That happens with stupid.

excuse me?
bigotry
Posts: 1,068
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2016 12:00:07 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/19/2016 5:21:46 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 8/19/2016 1:23:31 AM, bigotry wrote:
gogogogogogogo

I actually believe in away it is, I believe that darwin saw white people, saw black people and saw monkees, he noticed black people seem to share certain features with monkees, at the time black people were considered savage, untrainable, stupid...

i honestly believe he saw the link between the three a similarity that run through all three with the white man being the greatest evolved...

but it is only my opinion...
Well a long time ago I made the point that was hardly challenged that if evolution is true, then racism is a natural phenomena in that there must be a superior and inferior race. It would be impossible for humans to largely be equal on any grounds. But in this particular topic, it was mere mockery. I already established this fact in the past.
dee-em
Posts: 6,474
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2016 12:51:40 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/19/2016 4:45:51 PM, bigotry wrote:
At 8/19/2016 8:24:43 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/19/2016 4:57:08 AM, bigotry wrote:
I was just making fun of the people that keep starting these ridiculous threads about biblical stuff. Odd not one of them commented here.

Have you seen any of these unnamed people start a thread whose only content is "gogogogogogogo"? How absurd.

What is there to comment on? Is there an argument lurking here, because if there is, you don't seem to be capable of illuminating it. All you are doing, like Mhykiel, is repeatedly displaying your ignorance.

Is it really your position the fathers of evolution were not racists and didnt work it into the theory?

So now it's the "fathers of evolution" whoever they might be. At least you are no longer claiming that a scientific theory can be racist. Only people can be racist. It didn't take you long to back away from that brain explosion. Lol.
bigotry
Posts: 1,068
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 3:48:25 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/20/2016 12:51:40 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/19/2016 4:45:51 PM, bigotry wrote:
At 8/19/2016 8:24:43 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/19/2016 4:57:08 AM, bigotry wrote:
I was just making fun of the people that keep starting these ridiculous threads about biblical stuff. Odd not one of them commented here.

Have you seen any of these unnamed people start a thread whose only content is "gogogogogogogo"? How absurd.

What is there to comment on? Is there an argument lurking here, because if there is, you don't seem to be capable of illuminating it. All you are doing, like Mhykiel, is repeatedly displaying your ignorance.

Is it really your position the fathers of evolution were not racists and didnt work it into the theory?

So now it's the "fathers of evolution" whoever they might be. At least you are no longer claiming that a scientific theory can be racist. Only people can be racist. It didn't take you long to back away from that brain explosion. Lol.

Racism is just the favoring of a race:

noun
the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

There can only be one superior human race that will go on to the next stage and the others should die off from survival of the fittest. Thats what the implications are. I hope you understand the phylogenic tree from monkey to man...
bigotry
Posts: 1,068
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 3:50:14 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/19/2016 5:21:46 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 8/19/2016 1:23:31 AM, bigotry wrote:
gogogogogogogo

I actually believe in away it is, I believe that darwin saw white people, saw black people and saw monkees, he noticed black people seem to share certain features with monkees, at the time black people were considered savage, untrainable, stupid...

i honestly believe he saw the link between the three a similarity that run through all three with the white man being the greatest evolved...

but it is only my opinion...
Yea it was pretty much thought they were the missing link between white man and monkeys. They used to put blacks and aboriginees in zoos ect.
Looncall
Posts: 455
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 4:12:59 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/20/2016 12:00:07 AM, bigotry wrote:
At 8/19/2016 5:21:46 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 8/19/2016 1:23:31 AM, bigotry wrote:
gogogogogogogo

I actually believe in away it is, I believe that darwin saw white people, saw black people and saw monkees, he noticed black people seem to share certain features with monkees, at the time black people were considered savage, untrainable, stupid...

i honestly believe he saw the link between the three a similarity that run through all three with the white man being the greatest evolved...

but it is only my opinion...
Well a long time ago I made the point that was hardly challenged that if evolution is true, then racism is a natural phenomena in that there must be a superior and inferior race. It would be impossible for humans to largely be equal on any grounds. But in this particular topic, it was mere mockery. I already established this fact in the past.

You are overlooking the fact that traits occur as distributions. One reason that race fails to be a useful notion is that these distributions overlap.

It looks to me that it is your view of race that is racist. Notions of superiority have nothing to do with evolution. Remember, evolution has no goal or intention; it just happens.
The metaphysicist has no laboratory.
bigotry
Posts: 1,068
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 4:41:19 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/21/2016 4:12:59 PM, Looncall wrote:
At 8/20/2016 12:00:07 AM, bigotry wrote:
At 8/19/2016 5:21:46 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 8/19/2016 1:23:31 AM, bigotry wrote:
gogogogogogogo

I actually believe in away it is, I believe that darwin saw white people, saw black people and saw monkees, he noticed black people seem to share certain features with monkees, at the time black people were considered savage, untrainable, stupid...

i honestly believe he saw the link between the three a similarity that run through all three with the white man being the greatest evolved...

but it is only my opinion...
Well a long time ago I made the point that was hardly challenged that if evolution is true, then racism is a natural phenomena in that there must be a superior and inferior race. It would be impossible for humans to largely be equal on any grounds. But in this particular topic, it was mere mockery. I already established this fact in the past.

You are overlooking the fact that traits occur as distributions. One reason that race fails to be a useful notion is that these distributions overlap.

It looks to me that it is your view of race that is racist. Notions of superiority have nothing to do with evolution. Remember, evolution has no goal or intention; it just happens.

Sure it does. Man didnt spawn from every monkey, theres a particular line man spawned from. You have distincly different humans in every part of the globe. According to evolutionary thought, one race will be superior and move on to the next thing. Your forgetting that evolution according to itself is a caused thing. Life for example started in water then for whatever reason moved to land. Diversified and then some moved back into the water. For man something should cause us to evolve. Why else would any species of monkey transform into a humanoid?
bulproof
Posts: 25,255
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 4:44:03 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/21/2016 3:50:14 PM, bigotry wrote:
At 8/19/2016 5:21:46 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 8/19/2016 1:23:31 AM, bigotry wrote:
gogogogogogogo

I actually believe in away it is, I believe that darwin saw white people, saw black people and saw monkees, he noticed black people seem to share certain features with monkees, at the time black people were considered savage, untrainable, stupid...

i honestly believe he saw the link between the three a similarity that run through all three with the white man being the greatest evolved...

but it is only my opinion...
Yea it was pretty much thought they were the missing link between white man and monkeys. They used to put blacks and aboriginees in zoos ect.
Do your ancestors enjoy living there?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bigotry
Posts: 1,068
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 4:45:25 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/21/2016 4:44:03 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/21/2016 3:50:14 PM, bigotry wrote:
At 8/19/2016 5:21:46 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 8/19/2016 1:23:31 AM, bigotry wrote:
gogogogogogogo

I actually believe in away it is, I believe that darwin saw white people, saw black people and saw monkees, he noticed black people seem to share certain features with monkees, at the time black people were considered savage, untrainable, stupid...

i honestly believe he saw the link between the three a similarity that run through all three with the white man being the greatest evolved...

but it is only my opinion...
Yea it was pretty much thought they were the missing link between white man and monkeys. They used to put blacks and aboriginees in zoos ect.
Do your ancestors enjoy living there?

???
bulproof
Posts: 25,255
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 4:45:43 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/19/2016 11:07:50 PM, bigotry wrote:
At 8/19/2016 4:52:05 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/19/2016 4:45:51 PM, bigotry wrote:
At 8/19/2016 8:24:43 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/19/2016 4:57:08 AM, bigotry wrote:
I was just making fun of the people that keep starting these ridiculous threads about biblical stuff. Odd not one of them commented here.

Have you seen any of these unnamed people start a thread whose only content is "gogogogogogogo"? How absurd.

What is there to comment on? Is there an argument lurking here, because if there is, you don't seem to be capable of illuminating it. All you are doing, like Mhykiel, is repeatedly displaying your ignorance.
Is it really your position the fathers of evolution were not racists and didnt work it into the theory?
Can't you get anyone to play bigot? That happens with stupid.

excuse me?
No I don't think I will, you don't deserve it.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Looncall
Posts: 455
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 5:12:38 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/21/2016 4:41:19 PM, bigotry wrote:
At 8/21/2016 4:12:59 PM, Looncall wrote:
At 8/20/2016 12:00:07 AM, bigotry wrote:
At 8/19/2016 5:21:46 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 8/19/2016 1:23:31 AM, bigotry wrote:
gogogogogogogo

I actually believe in away it is, I believe that darwin saw white people, saw black people and saw monkees, he noticed black people seem to share certain features with monkees, at the time black people were considered savage, untrainable, stupid...

i honestly believe he saw the link between the three a similarity that run through all three with the white man being the greatest evolved...

but it is only my opinion...
Well a long time ago I made the point that was hardly challenged that if evolution is true, then racism is a natural phenomena in that there must be a superior and inferior race. It would be impossible for humans to largely be equal on any grounds. But in this particular topic, it was mere mockery. I already established this fact in the past.

You are overlooking the fact that traits occur as distributions. One reason that race fails to be a useful notion is that these distributions overlap.

It looks to me that it is your view of race that is racist. Notions of superiority have nothing to do with evolution. Remember, evolution has no goal or intention; it just happens.

Sure it does. Man didnt spawn from every monkey, theres a particular line man spawned from. You have distincly different humans in every part of the globe. According to evolutionary thought, one race will be superior and move on to the next thing. Your forgetting that evolution according to itself is a caused thing. Life for example started in water then for whatever reason moved to land. Diversified and then some moved back into the water. For man something should cause us to evolve. Why else would any species of monkey transform into a humanoid?

You have a strangely corrupt notion of evolution. Please pay attention.

When organisms reproduce, mutations can occur. These are random within the limits of what is chemically accessible. Such mutations can be detrimental, neutral or beneficial. Those that are no worse than slightly detrimental may persist in the organism's population depending in part on the selective effects of the environment.

Due to these changes, organisms may split into new populations. The original population may persist and may even give rise to several new ones.

None of this matches your description.

I suggest that you learn some science and not rely on the liars that infest creationist web sites.
The metaphysicist has no laboratory.
dee-em
Posts: 6,474
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2016 3:52:24 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/21/2016 3:48:25 PM, bigotry wrote:
At 8/20/2016 12:51:40 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/19/2016 4:45:51 PM, bigotry wrote:
At 8/19/2016 8:24:43 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/19/2016 4:57:08 AM, bigotry wrote:
I was just making fun of the people that keep starting these ridiculous threads about biblical stuff. Odd not one of them commented here.

Have you seen any of these unnamed people start a thread whose only content is "gogogogogogogo"? How absurd.

What is there to comment on? Is there an argument lurking here, because if there is, you don't seem to be capable of illuminating it. All you are doing, like Mhykiel, is repeatedly displaying your ignorance.

Is it really your position the fathers of evolution were not racists and didnt work it into the theory?

So now it's the "fathers of evolution" whoever they might be. At least you are no longer claiming that a scientific theory can be racist. Only people can be racist. It didn't take you long to back away from that brain explosion. Lol.

Racism is just the favoring of a race:

noun
the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

And who holds beliefs? Yeah, you guessed it. People. Exactly as I stated.

Are you so obtuse as to argue that racism is objective rather subjective? Lol.

There can only be one superior human race that will go on to the next stage and the others should die off from survival of the fittest.

And here is your profound ignorance on full display again. There is nothing in the theory of evolution regarding "races". You really need to educate yourself. You opine on topics on which you know absolutely nothing.

Thats what the implications are. I hope you understand the phylogenic tree from monkey to man...

See above. From "monkey to man". LMAO.
dee-em
Posts: 6,474
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2016 4:59:38 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/19/2016 5:21:46 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 8/19/2016 1:23:31 AM, bigotry wrote:
gogogogogogogo

I actually believe in away it is, I believe that darwin saw white people, saw black people and saw monkees, he noticed black people seem to share certain features with monkees, at the time black people were considered savage, untrainable, stupid...

i honestly believe he saw the link between the three a similarity that run through all three with the white man being the greatest evolved...

but it is only my opinion...

Let's put aside what you "believe" Darwin thought and examine what he actually wrote in his book "The Descent of Man ...":

https://en.wikipedia.org...

Darwin then presented the stronger evidence that human races are all the same species, noting that when races mixed together, they intercrossed beyond the "usual test of specific distinctness"[19] and that characteristics identifying races were highly variable.[20] He put great weight on the point that races graduate into each other, writing "But the most weighty of all the arguments against treating the races of man as distinct species, is that they graduate into each other, independently in many cases, as far as we can judge, of their having intercrossed",[21] and concluded that the stronger evidence was that they were not different species.[22]

He drew on his memories of Jemmy Button and John Edmonstone to emphasise "the numerous points of mental similarity between the most distinct races of man. The American aborigines, Negroes and Europeans differ as much from each other in mind as any three races that can be named; yet I was incessantly struck, whilst living with the Fuegians on board the Beagle, with the many little traits of character, shewing how similar their minds were to ours; and so it was with a full-blooded negro with whom I happened once to be intimate."[24][25] Darwin concluded that "...when the principles of evolution are generally accepted, as they surely will be before long, the dispute between the monogenists and the polygenists will die a silent and unobserved death."[26][27]


But here I am trying to educate someone who writes "monkees". It's hardly worth the effort. Lol.