Total Posts:7|Showing Posts:1-7
Jump to topic:

Is a good Christian ignorant of the Lord?

Stupidape
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2016 1:38:31 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
I grew up in area of sports, wings, beer. Anti-intellectualism and reverse snob-ism was rampant. If I mentioned religion people often gave the non-verbal ques to quit it.

Some key slogans to understand the culture I grew up in.

"sports, wings, beer"
"ignorant and proud of it"
"if you are so smart, why aren't you rich?"
"the more intelligent you be, the more fit to serve Satan you be"
"the only honest work is physical labor with your hands"

Quotes may not be exact.

Even in church members rarely wanted to discuss Jesus. I wondered why they were even at church. I thought finally, a chance to discuss religion, nah.

Anyways, I felt I had to hide my intellect to survive. That ignorance is good and knowledge is evil. Now, I'm starting to question my culture. Is ignorance of the ways of Jesus Christ good or bad from a Christian point of view? Should Christians be proud of their biblical ignorance? Thanks for your patience and reading.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2016 1:58:32 AM
At 8/20/2016 1:38:31 AM, Stupidape wrote:
I grew up in area of sports, wings, beer. Anti-intellectualism and reverse snob-ism was rampant. If I mentioned religion people often gave the non-verbal ques to quit it.

"sports, wings, beer"

Quotes may not be exact.

Even in church members rarely wanted to discuss Jesus. I wondered why they were even at church. I thought finally, a chance to discuss religion, nah.

Anyways, I felt I had to hide my intellect to survive. That ignorance is good and knowledge is evil. Now, I'm starting to question my culture. Is ignorance of the ways of Jesus Christ good or bad from a Christian point of view? Should Christians be proud of their biblical ignorance? Thanks for your patience and reading.

My IQ is in the top 1%. I started a business and retired at afe 28 from nothing. And? The highest IQ's on Earth are theists. Quit being a wuusbad who whines and cries like a child. God isn't a wuus? That's your problem? God might act like He has a set?
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2016 2:01:45 AM
Highest IQ's theists and mainly Christian theists..who knew? I did. Why? No one is ignorant enough to believe in the regress of infinite causality. It's mindless and ignorant...

https://shariaunveiled.wordpress.com...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2016 2:03:24 AM

"sports, wings, beer"

Quotes may not be exact.

if they were not ignorant then they would no longer be Christians.
Stupidape
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2016 2:50:44 AM
Brontoraptor

I'm not whining. I am performing the difficult and time intensive task of separating common culture from religion. Curious, that you promote Christianity by scolding me when I ask a legitimate question. You never did answer the question.

Are Christians supposed to be ignorance of the Lord's ways and the Bible? Is this a biblical theme or common culture?
Stupidape
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2016 6:52:28 AM
Atheists/agnostics have the highest scores on religious knowledge. As I see it the more you know about religion, the less likely you are to believe in religion. This would explain why regular church goers don't seem to want to discuss religion.

http://www.pewforum.org...
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2016 7:19:01 AM

"sports, wings, beer"

Quotes may not be exact.

Just as there are many versions and many denominations of religion there are varying degrees of religiousness. I think that the majority of "Christians" give their faith no more than lip service and use it at their occasional convenience.
I think the majority of church goers go to church out of family commitment; when they walk out of each service its back to sports, wings and beer.

If you have a true intellect I think there are far better stimuli for the mind than engaging with an imaginary friend.