Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

Religious Leaders Are Liars

Willows
Posts: 2,063
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2016 10:11:56 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
We all lie, some more than others, some white lies and some black lies.
But do religious leaders have to lie more than the rest of us in order to keep their flocks?

After all, they are preaching a fundamental lie in that their followers have an invisible master. Also, if followers decide to leave the fold and fail to contribute more money, they are threatened with further lies that they will be denied an afterlife in paradise.

And with more and more pressure placed on religious institutions to conform with mainstream laws are religious leaders being forced to tell more lies?
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2016 11:41:52 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/26/2016 10:11:56 AM, Willows wrote:
We all lie, some more than others, some white lies and some black lies.
But do religious leaders have to lie more than the rest of us in order to keep their flocks?


Names please, and I don't pay attention to what "religious leaders" do.

After all, they are preaching a fundamental lie in that their followers have an invisible master. Also, if followers decide to leave the fold and fail to contribute more money, they are threatened with further lies that they will be denied an afterlife in paradise.


Names please, I don't pay attention to what others do it has no relevance to me or you.
What is relevant to you and I, is the application of the Gospels, not what others do. But since you're in the business of making baseless assertions I should ask that you supply names and sources, otherwise there is nothing to discuss.

It looks to me, that you already began with a big fat straw man..." they are preaching a fundamental lie in that their followers have an invisible master".... first of all, what you believe is a "lie" and what Theists believe as facts are not the same. So before we even go anywhere, you need to support your assertions with evidence that God is not a Spirit, and that it is a lie to "preach" that, and then that it's preached to steal money by threatening, that's three assertions but I'll give you the third one if you can prove the first two lol.
So how are you going to show that God does not exist....and therefore that people are lying...? and then you can support the rest of the garbage with facts and sources....and that it's everyone doing this, unless of course you are going to backpedal and were only talking about a select few? in that case we will need to see the sources and evidence, then you can readdress your topic to "A few Religious Leaders" ...are blah blah blah...thanks.
Now, if anyone or any institutions are practicing this then it's not the Gospels, it's only a means to personal gain by robbing from innocent people using the truth, it has no bearing on the actual truth, which you deem as a "lie".

And with more and more pressure placed on religious institutions to conform with mainstream laws are religious leaders being forced to tell more lies?

You never shown any lies were being told, you merely claimed it.
Willows
Posts: 2,063
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2016 12:28:05 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/26/2016 11:41:52 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 8/26/2016 10:11:56 AM, Willows wrote:
We all lie, some more than others, some white lies and some black lies.
But do religious leaders have to lie more than the rest of us in order to keep their flocks?


Names please, and I don't pay attention to what "religious leaders" do.


After all, they are preaching a fundamental lie in that their followers have an invisible master. Also, if followers decide to leave the fold and fail to contribute more money, they are threatened with further lies that they will be denied an afterlife in paradise.


Names please, I don't pay attention to what others do it has no relevance to me or you.
What is relevant to you and I, is the application of the Gospels, not what others do. But since you're in the business of making baseless assertions I should ask that you supply names and sources, otherwise there is nothing to discuss.

It looks to me, that you already began with a big fat straw man..." they are preaching a fundamental lie in that their followers have an invisible master".... first of all, what you believe is a "lie" and what Theists believe as facts are not the same. So before we even go anywhere, you need to support your assertions with evidence that God is not a Spirit, and that it is a lie to "preach" that, and then that it's preached to steal money by threatening, that's three assertions but I'll give you the third one if you can prove the first two lol.
So how are you going to show that God does not exist....and therefore that people are lying...? and then you can support the rest of the garbage with facts and sources....and that it's everyone doing this, unless of course you are going to backpedal and were only talking about a select few? in that case we will need to see the sources and evidence, then you can readdress your topic to "A few Religious Leaders" ...are blah blah blah...thanks.
Now, if anyone or any institutions are practicing this then it's not the Gospels, it's only a means to personal gain by robbing from innocent people using the truth, it has no bearing on the actual truth, which you deem as a "lie".

And with more and more pressure placed on religious institutions to conform with mainstream laws are religious leaders being forced to tell more lies?

You never shown any lies were being told, you merely claimed it.

I explained exactly what lies were being told.
You have surely been in this forum long enough to know that it is ridiculous to ask someone to prove that something doesn't exist, e.g. God.

There is no evidence supporting the existence of God, therefore God does not exist.
There is no evidence supporting the existence of heaven, therefore heaven does not exist.
Religious leaders preach the existence of God and heaven, knowing there is no evidence, therefore they are lying.
The exceptions to this rule would be religious leaders who are delusional.
Religious leaders also habitually coerce their followers into paying money to listen to their lies.

You don't need names as it applies to all religious leaders who preach their religion.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2016 2:02:13 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/26/2016 12:28:05 PM, Willows wrote:
At 8/26/2016 11:41:52 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 8/26/2016 10:11:56 AM, Willows wrote:
We all lie, some more than others, some white lies and some black lies.
But do religious leaders have to lie more than the rest of us in order to keep their flocks?


Names please, and I don't pay attention to what "religious leaders" do.


After all, they are preaching a fundamental lie in that their followers have an invisible master. Also, if followers decide to leave the fold and fail to contribute more money, they are threatened with further lies that they will be denied an afterlife in paradise.


Names please, I don't pay attention to what others do it has no relevance to me or you.
What is relevant to you and I, is the application of the Gospels, not what others do. But since you're in the business of making baseless assertions I should ask that you supply names and sources, otherwise there is nothing to discuss.

It looks to me, that you already began with a big fat straw man..." they are preaching a fundamental lie in that their followers have an invisible master".... first of all, what you believe is a "lie" and what Theists believe as facts are not the same. So before we even go anywhere, you need to support your assertions with evidence that God is not a Spirit, and that it is a lie to "preach" that, and then that it's preached to steal money by threatening, that's three assertions but I'll give you the third one if you can prove the first two lol.
So how are you going to show that God does not exist....and therefore that people are lying...? and then you can support the rest of the garbage with facts and sources....and that it's everyone doing this, unless of course you are going to backpedal and were only talking about a select few? in that case we will need to see the sources and evidence, then you can readdress your topic to "A few Religious Leaders" ...are blah blah blah...thanks.
Now, if anyone or any institutions are practicing this then it's not the Gospels, it's only a means to personal gain by robbing from innocent people using the truth, it has no bearing on the actual truth, which you deem as a "lie".

And with more and more pressure placed on religious institutions to conform with mainstream laws are religious leaders being forced to tell more lies?

You never shown any lies were being told, you merely claimed it.

I explained exactly what lies were being told.
You have surely been in this forum long enough to know that it is ridiculous to ask someone to prove that something doesn't exist, e.g. God.


You would have to silly to make an unsupported claim that someone's a "liar" now wouldn't you Willow?
When you assert someone is a liar, you support your assertion with more than just your opinion. Somehow atheists get this when it doesn't apply to them lol.

There is no evidence supporting the existence of God, therefore God does not exist.
There is no evidence supporting the existence of heaven, therefore heaven does not exist.
Religious leaders preach the existence of God and heaven, knowing there is no evidence, therefore they are lying.
The exceptions to this rule would be religious leaders who are delusional.
Religious leaders also habitually coerce their followers into paying money to listen to their lies.

You don't need names as it applies to all religious leaders who preach their religion.

No names, no sources, just claims.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2016 2:04:32 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/26/2016 2:02:13 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 8/26/2016 12:28:05 PM, Willows wrote:
At 8/26/2016 11:41:52 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 8/26/2016 10:11:56 AM, Willows wrote:
We all lie, some more than others, some white lies and some black lies.
But do religious leaders have to lie more than the rest of us in order to keep their flocks?


Names please, and I don't pay attention to what "religious leaders" do.


After all, they are preaching a fundamental lie in that their followers have an invisible master. Also, if followers decide to leave the fold and fail to contribute more money, they are threatened with further lies that they will be denied an afterlife in paradise.


Names please, I don't pay attention to what others do it has no relevance to me or you.
What is relevant to you and I, is the application of the Gospels, not what others do. But since you're in the business of making baseless assertions I should ask that you supply names and sources, otherwise there is nothing to discuss.

It looks to me, that you already began with a big fat straw man..." they are preaching a fundamental lie in that their followers have an invisible master".... first of all, what you believe is a "lie" and what Theists believe as facts are not the same. So before we even go anywhere, you need to support your assertions with evidence that God is not a Spirit, and that it is a lie to "preach" that, and then that it's preached to steal money by threatening, that's three assertions but I'll give you the third one if you can prove the first two lol.
So how are you going to show that God does not exist....and therefore that people are lying...? and then you can support the rest of the garbage with facts and sources....and that it's everyone doing this, unless of course you are going to backpedal and were only talking about a select few? in that case we will need to see the sources and evidence, then you can readdress your topic to "A few Religious Leaders" ...are blah blah blah...thanks.
Now, if anyone or any institutions are practicing this then it's not the Gospels, it's only a means to personal gain by robbing from innocent people using the truth, it has no bearing on the actual truth, which you deem as a "lie".

And with more and more pressure placed on religious institutions to conform with mainstream laws are religious leaders being forced to tell more lies?

You never shown any lies were being told, you merely claimed it.

I explained exactly what lies were being told.
You have surely been in this forum long enough to know that it is ridiculous to ask someone to prove that something doesn't exist, e.g. God.


You would have to silly to make an unsupported claim that someone's a "liar" now wouldn't you Willow?
When you assert someone is a liar, you support your assertion with more than just your opinion. Somehow atheists get this when it doesn't apply to them lol.

There is no evidence supporting the existence of God, therefore God does not exist.
There is no evidence supporting the existence of heaven, therefore heaven does not exist.
Religious leaders preach the existence of God and heaven, knowing there is no evidence, therefore they are lying.
The exceptions to this rule would be religious leaders who are delusional.
Religious leaders also habitually coerce their followers into paying money to listen to their lies.

You don't need names as it applies to all religious leaders who preach their religion.

No names, no sources, just claims.

...and opinions....

Oh, and we've had the no "evidence" discussion, that is a blatant lie, according to the definition, purpose and qualifications of evidence.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2016 2:15:45 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/26/2016 11:41:52 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
what Theists believe as facts are not the same.

Facts are not believed, they are understood and accepted by everyone, hence what theists believe are not facts because they are not understood and accepted by all.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Willows
Posts: 2,063
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2016 11:01:26 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/26/2016 2:02:13 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 8/26/2016 12:28:05 PM, Willows wrote:
At 8/26/2016 11:41:52 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 8/26/2016 10:11:56 AM, Willows wrote:
We all lie, some more than others, some white lies and some black lies.
But do religious leaders have to lie more than the rest of us in order to keep their flocks?


Names please, and I don't pay attention to what "religious leaders" do.


After all, they are preaching a fundamental lie in that their followers have an invisible master. Also, if followers decide to leave the fold and fail to contribute more money, they are threatened with further lies that they will be denied an afterlife in paradise.


Names please, I don't pay attention to what others do it has no relevance to me or you.
What is relevant to you and I, is the application of the Gospels, not what others do. But since you're in the business of making baseless assertions I should ask that you supply names and sources, otherwise there is nothing to discuss.

It looks to me, that you already began with a big fat straw man..." they are preaching a fundamental lie in that their followers have an invisible master".... first of all, what you believe is a "lie" and what Theists believe as facts are not the same. So before we even go anywhere, you need to support your assertions with evidence that God is not a Spirit, and that it is a lie to "preach" that, and then that it's preached to steal money by threatening, that's three assertions but I'll give you the third one if you can prove the first two lol.
So how are you going to show that God does not exist....and therefore that people are lying...? and then you can support the rest of the garbage with facts and sources....and that it's everyone doing this, unless of course you are going to backpedal and were only talking about a select few? in that case we will need to see the sources and evidence, then you can readdress your topic to "A few Religious Leaders" ...are blah blah blah...thanks.
Now, if anyone or any institutions are practicing this then it's not the Gospels, it's only a means to personal gain by robbing from innocent people using the truth, it has no bearing on the actual truth, which you deem as a "lie".

And with more and more pressure placed on religious institutions to conform with mainstream laws are religious leaders being forced to tell more lies?

You never shown any lies were being told, you merely claimed it.

I explained exactly what lies were being told.
You have surely been in this forum long enough to know that it is ridiculous to ask someone to prove that something doesn't exist, e.g. God.


You would have to silly to make an unsupported claim that someone's a "liar" now wouldn't you Willow?
When you assert someone is a liar, you support your assertion with more than just your opinion. Somehow atheists get this when it doesn't apply to them lol.

There is no evidence supporting the existence of God, therefore God does not exist.
There is no evidence supporting the existence of heaven, therefore heaven does not exist.
Religious leaders preach the existence of God and heaven, knowing there is no evidence, therefore they are lying.
The exceptions to this rule would be religious leaders who are delusional.
Religious leaders also habitually coerce their followers into paying money to listen to their lies.

You don't need names as it applies to all religious leaders who preach their religion.

No names, no sources, just claims.

Incorrect. Once again, you know very well that:
All religious leaders means all of them.
There are no sources for nothing.
My claims are fully justified and I have already outlined why.

Nobody has the right to preach something that has no evidence to prove it without being called a liar or being delusional. Instead of mud-slinging, how about stating exactly what evidence you have that would make my claims baseless?