Total Posts:66|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why would ANYBODY want to live forever?

bulproof
Posts: 25,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2016 3:22:45 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
Tell me.
I can't for the life of me understand.
Eternal boredom.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2016 3:32:16 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/26/2016 3:22:45 PM, bulproof wrote:
Tell me.
I can't for the life of me understand.
Eternal boredom.

I can understand that if one were bored with life.

I'm not bored and can't imagine ever being bored of life.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
uncung
Posts: 3,447
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2016 3:35:00 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/26/2016 3:22:45 PM, bulproof wrote:
Tell me.
I can't for the life of me understand.
Eternal boredom.

everyone will live forever. you will also.
bulproof
Posts: 25,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2016 3:38:49 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/26/2016 3:32:16 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 8/26/2016 3:22:45 PM, bulproof wrote:
Tell me.
I can't for the life of me understand.
Eternal boredom.

I can understand that if one were bored with life.

I'm not bored and can't imagine ever being bored of life.

Forever is a long long time Dan. The stories of heaven and paradise don't sound anywhere as interesting as why I've got.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bulproof
Posts: 25,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2016 3:39:20 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/26/2016 3:35:00 PM, uncung wrote:
At 8/26/2016 3:22:45 PM, bulproof wrote:
Tell me.
I can't for the life of me understand.
Eternal boredom.

everyone will live forever. you will also.
No I won't mate.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
uncung
Posts: 3,447
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2016 4:00:38 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/26/2016 3:39:20 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/26/2016 3:35:00 PM, uncung wrote:
At 8/26/2016 3:22:45 PM, bulproof wrote:
Tell me.
I can't for the life of me understand.
Eternal boredom.

everyone will live forever. you will also.
No I won't mate.

You can't avoid it.
tarantula
Posts: 854
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2016 4:01:45 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/26/2016 3:22:45 PM, bulproof wrote:
Tell me.
I can't for the life of me understand.
Eternal boredom.

NO I wouldn't wish to live forever.
tarantula
Posts: 854
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2016 4:02:24 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/26/2016 3:35:00 PM, uncung wrote:
At 8/26/2016 3:22:45 PM, bulproof wrote:
Tell me.
I can't for the life of me understand.
Eternal boredom.

everyone will live forever. you will also.

An assertion with nothing to support it!
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2016 4:02:28 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/26/2016 3:38:49 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/26/2016 3:32:16 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 8/26/2016 3:22:45 PM, bulproof wrote:
Tell me.
I can't for the life of me understand.
Eternal boredom.

I can understand that if one were bored with life.

I'm not bored and can't imagine ever being bored of life.

Forever is a long long time Dan. The stories of heaven and paradise don't sound anywhere as interesting as why I've got.

I'd rather live on Earth for as long as Earth is here, then hopefully by then, will be able to find another planet and live another few billions years. (:
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
uncung
Posts: 3,447
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2016 4:25:37 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/26/2016 4:02:24 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 8/26/2016 3:35:00 PM, uncung wrote:
At 8/26/2016 3:22:45 PM, bulproof wrote:
Tell me.
I can't for the life of me understand.
Eternal boredom.

everyone will live forever. you will also.

An assertion with nothing to support it!

Religion says so. BTW you are on religion section.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2016 9:43:34 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
Those who believe that eternity equals boredom must have some serious limitations with their creativity and freedom of thought. Must not have much interest in knowledge, learning, experiencing..... there are no ending to just those things, if only Bully knew how dynamic God is and what possibilities there are with these two ingredients.....Creation and ETERNITY.
The better question for those of us with much more creative brains, is why wouldn't anybody want to live forever!?
tarantula
Posts: 854
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2016 7:10:45 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/26/2016 4:25:37 PM, uncung wrote:
At 8/26/2016 4:02:24 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 8/26/2016 3:35:00 PM, uncung wrote:
At 8/26/2016 3:22:45 PM, bulproof wrote:
Tell me.
I can't for the life of me understand.
Eternal boredom.

everyone will live forever. you will also.

An assertion with nothing to support it!

Religion says so. BTW you are on religion section.

Just because it says so doesn't mean it has any credibility!
foxxhajti
Posts: 479
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2016 7:36:21 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/26/2016 3:22:45 PM, bulproof wrote:
Tell me.
I can't for the life of me understand.
Eternal boredom.

I certainly wouldn't want to.

I guess they just fear death or hate the idea of it, and would rather imagine living forever rather than having to face death one day.
"It's interesting to observe that almost all truly worthy men have simple manners, and that simple manners are almost always taken as a sign of little worth" - Giacomo Leopardi

"It is more honorable to be raised to a throne than to be born to one. Fortune bestows the one, merit obtains the other." - Francesco Petrarca

"You too must not count too much on your reality as you feel it today, since like yesterday, it may prove an illusion for you tomorrow." - Luigi Pirandello
bulproof
Posts: 25,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2016 8:21:28 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/26/2016 9:43:34 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
Those who believe that eternity equals boredom must have some serious limitations with their creativity and freedom of thought. Must not have much interest in knowledge, learning, experiencing..... there are no ending to just those things, if only Bully knew how dynamic God is and what possibilities there are with these two ingredients.....Creation and ETERNITY.
The better question for those of us with much more creative brains, is why wouldn't anybody want to live forever!?
There can be no freedom of thought, free will in heaven, if there is then evil will exist in heaven because according to the religious evil is the bastard child of free will.
What will you learn without free will in paradise, there will be no imperative in paradise, there will be no desire in paradise.
Your eternity will be spent as a vegetable, ooh paradise.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
uncung
Posts: 3,447
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2016 10:48:07 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/27/2016 7:10:45 AM, tarantula wrote:
At 8/26/2016 4:25:37 PM, uncung wrote:
At 8/26/2016 4:02:24 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 8/26/2016 3:35:00 PM, uncung wrote:
At 8/26/2016 3:22:45 PM, bulproof wrote:
Tell me.
I can't for the life of me understand.
Eternal boredom.

everyone will live forever. you will also.

An assertion with nothing to support it!

Religion says so. BTW you are on religion section.

Just because it says so doesn't mean it has any credibility!

why is it have no any credibility? can you back your argument with facts?
bulproof
Posts: 25,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2016 11:00:36 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/27/2016 10:48:07 AM, uncung wrote:
At 8/27/2016 7:10:45 AM, tarantula wrote:
At 8/26/2016 4:25:37 PM, uncung wrote:
At 8/26/2016 4:02:24 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 8/26/2016 3:35:00 PM, uncung wrote:
At 8/26/2016 3:22:45 PM, bulproof wrote:
Tell me.
I can't for the life of me understand.
Eternal boredom.

everyone will live forever. you will also.

An assertion with nothing to support it!

Religion says so. BTW you are on religion section.

Just because it says so doesn't mean it has any credibility!

why is it have no any credibility? can you back your argument with facts?
religion can't.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
uncung
Posts: 3,447
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2016 11:12:40 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/27/2016 11:00:36 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/27/2016 10:48:07 AM, uncung wrote:
At 8/27/2016 7:10:45 AM, tarantula wrote:
At 8/26/2016 4:25:37 PM, uncung wrote:
At 8/26/2016 4:02:24 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 8/26/2016 3:35:00 PM, uncung wrote:
At 8/26/2016 3:22:45 PM, bulproof wrote:
Tell me.
I can't for the life of me understand.
Eternal boredom.

everyone will live forever. you will also.

An assertion with nothing to support it!

Religion says so. BTW you are on religion section.

Just because it says so doesn't mean it has any credibility!

why is it have no any credibility? can you back your argument with facts?
religion can't.

why can't? prove it.
bulproof
Posts: 25,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2016 11:16:23 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/27/2016 11:12:40 AM, uncung wrote:
At 8/27/2016 11:00:36 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/27/2016 10:48:07 AM, uncung wrote:
At 8/27/2016 7:10:45 AM, tarantula wrote:
At 8/26/2016 4:25:37 PM, uncung wrote:
At 8/26/2016 4:02:24 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 8/26/2016 3:35:00 PM, uncung wrote:
At 8/26/2016 3:22:45 PM, bulproof wrote:
Tell me.
I can't for the life of me understand.
Eternal boredom.

everyone will live forever. you will also.

An assertion with nothing to support it!

Religion says so. BTW you are on religion section.

Just because it says so doesn't mean it has any credibility!

why is it have no any credibility? can you back your argument with facts?
religion can't.

why can't? prove it.
It's your claim you prove it. The terminally gullible (religious) can be convinced of anything. Look out the stars are falling.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
uncung
Posts: 3,447
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2016 11:36:33 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/27/2016 11:16:23 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/27/2016 11:12:40 AM, uncung wrote:
At 8/27/2016 11:00:36 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/27/2016 10:48:07 AM, uncung wrote:
At 8/27/2016 7:10:45 AM, tarantula wrote:
At 8/26/2016 4:25:37 PM, uncung wrote:
At 8/26/2016 4:02:24 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 8/26/2016 3:35:00 PM, uncung wrote:
At 8/26/2016 3:22:45 PM, bulproof wrote:
Tell me.
I can't for the life of me understand.
Eternal boredom.

everyone will live forever. you will also.

An assertion with nothing to support it!

Religion says so. BTW you are on religion section.

Just because it says so doesn't mean it has any credibility!

why is it have no any credibility? can you back your argument with facts?
religion can't.

why can't? prove it.
It's your claim you prove it. The terminally gullible (religious) can be convinced of anything. Look out the stars are falling.

I consider you can't.
tarantula
Posts: 854
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2016 12:26:07 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/27/2016 10:48:07 AM, uncung wrote:
At 8/27/2016 7:10:45 AM, tarantula wrote:
At 8/26/2016 4:25:37 PM, uncung wrote:
At 8/26/2016 4:02:24 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 8/26/2016 3:35:00 PM, uncung wrote:
At 8/26/2016 3:22:45 PM, bulproof wrote:
Tell me.
I can't for the life of me understand.
Eternal boredom.

everyone will live forever. you will also.

An assertion with nothing to support it!

Religion says so. BTW you are on religion section.

Just because it says so doesn't mean it has any credibility!

why is it have no any credibility? can you back your argument with facts?

The FACT that there is absolutely no evidence that any god or an afterlife exists.
uncung
Posts: 3,447
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2016 12:40:20 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/27/2016 12:26:07 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 8/27/2016 10:48:07 AM, uncung wrote:
At 8/27/2016 7:10:45 AM, tarantula wrote:
At 8/26/2016 4:25:37 PM, uncung wrote:
At 8/26/2016 4:02:24 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 8/26/2016 3:35:00 PM, uncung wrote:
At 8/26/2016 3:22:45 PM, bulproof wrote:
Tell me.
I can't for the life of me understand.
Eternal boredom.

everyone will live forever. you will also.

An assertion with nothing to support it!

Religion says so. BTW you are on religion section.

Just because it says so doesn't mean it has any credibility!

why is it have no any credibility? can you back your argument with facts?

The FACT that there is absolutely no evidence that any god or an afterlife exists.

wrong, there is absolutely evidence that God or an afterlife exists.
bulproof
Posts: 25,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2016 1:18:20 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
unc has a mountain of claims but no capacity for thought or discussion.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Willows
Posts: 2,053
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2016 2:22:12 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/26/2016 4:00:38 PM, uncung wrote:
At 8/26/2016 3:39:20 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/26/2016 3:35:00 PM, uncung wrote:
At 8/26/2016 3:22:45 PM, bulproof wrote:
Tell me.
I can't for the life of me understand.
Eternal boredom.

everyone will live forever. you will also.
No I won't mate.

You can't avoid it.

If you think that you are going to live forever and presumably go into an eternal afterlife in paradise, how do you think you are going to spend your time?
You are going to get sick of TV repeats.
Visiting relatives will wear off after a thousand years.
Being perfect, you will be doing holes in one at every golf course.
You are going to get absolutely p'ed off at worshiping every day for eternity.
From all the monotony you will probably turn to substance abuse.
So you will spend the rest of eternity in a vegetative state.
Good luck.
tarantula
Posts: 854
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2016 2:26:59 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/27/2016 12:40:20 PM, uncung wrote:
At 8/27/2016 12:26:07 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 8/27/2016 10:48:07 AM, uncung wrote:
At 8/27/2016 7:10:45 AM, tarantula wrote:
At 8/26/2016 4:25:37 PM, uncung wrote:
At 8/26/2016 4:02:24 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 8/26/2016 3:35:00 PM, uncung wrote:
At 8/26/2016 3:22:45 PM, bulproof wrote:
Tell me.
I can't for the life of me understand.
Eternal boredom.

everyone will live forever. you will also.

An assertion with nothing to support it!

Religion says so. BTW you are on religion section.

Just because it says so doesn't mean it has any credibility!

why is it have no any credibility? can you back your argument with facts?

The FACT that there is absolutely no evidence that any god or an afterlife exists.

wrong, there is absolutely evidence that God or an afterlife exists.

Of course there isn't. If there was verifiable evidence we would all believe it to be true, but there is none.
riyad70
Posts: 89
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2016 4:33:13 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/27/2016 12:26:07 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 8/27/2016 10:48:07 AM, uncung wrote:
At 8/27/2016 7:10:45 AM, tarantula wrote:
At 8/26/2016 4:25:37 PM, uncung wrote:
At 8/26/2016 4:02:24 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 8/26/2016 3:35:00 PM, uncung wrote:
At 8/26/2016 3:22:45 PM, bulproof wrote:
Tell me.
I can't for the life of me understand.
Eternal boredom.

everyone will live forever. you will also.

An assertion with nothing to support it!

Religion says so. BTW you are on religion section.

Just because it says so doesn't mean it has any credibility!

why is it have no any credibility? can you back your argument with facts?

The FACT that there is absolutely no evidence that any god or an afterlife exists.

It is not a FACT, it is still controversial.

And as long as the judge is unqualified, the case cannot be closed.
rcreynolds
Posts: 59
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2016 4:36:23 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/26/2016 3:22:45 PM, bulproof wrote:
Tell me.
I can't for the life of me understand.
Eternal boredom. : :

Especially for people like yourself who spend most of their time in a debate forum. I will be experiencing life in the future that is radically superior to anything that I've ever experienced so far and it won't be boring at all.
riyad70
Posts: 89
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2016 4:39:54 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/27/2016 2:22:12 PM, Willows wrote:
At 8/26/2016 4:00:38 PM, uncung wrote:
At 8/26/2016 3:39:20 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/26/2016 3:35:00 PM, uncung wrote:
At 8/26/2016 3:22:45 PM, bulproof wrote:
Tell me.
I can't for the life of me understand.
Eternal boredom.

everyone will live forever. you will also.
No I won't mate.

You can't avoid it.

If you think that you are going to live forever and presumably go into an eternal afterlife in paradise, how do you think you are going to spend your time?
You are going to get sick of TV repeats.
Visiting relatives will wear off after a thousand years.
Being perfect, you will be doing holes in one at every golf course.
You are going to get absolutely p'ed off at worshiping every day for eternity.
From all the monotony you will probably turn to substance abuse.
So you will spend the rest of eternity in a vegetative state.
Good luck.

What if there is something new everyday, forever ?

Even now we see that everyday human beings are inventing interesting things, and they can do it forever.

My ex boss, an 80 years old man is just crazy about twitter, he is always online for the last couple of years.

And there is nothing about worshiping there, as far as I know.
bulproof
Posts: 25,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2016 4:43:09 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/27/2016 4:33:13 PM, riyad70 wrote:
At 8/27/2016 12:26:07 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 8/27/2016 10:48:07 AM, uncung wrote:
At 8/27/2016 7:10:45 AM, tarantula wrote:
At 8/26/2016 4:25:37 PM, uncung wrote:
At 8/26/2016 4:02:24 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 8/26/2016 3:35:00 PM, uncung wrote:
At 8/26/2016 3:22:45 PM, bulproof wrote:
Tell me.
I can't for the life of me understand.
Eternal boredom.

everyone will live forever. you will also.

An assertion with nothing to support it!

Religion says so. BTW you are on religion section.

Just because it says so doesn't mean it has any credibility!

why is it have no any credibility? can you back your argument with facts?

The FACT that there is absolutely no evidence that any god or an afterlife exists.

It is not a FACT, it is still controversial.

And as long as the judge is unqualified, the case cannot be closed.
It is a claim used to pacify those who fear their mortality.
Grow up and get over it.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bulproof
Posts: 25,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2016 4:45:01 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/27/2016 4:39:54 PM, riyad70 wrote:
At 8/27/2016 2:22:12 PM, Willows wrote:
At 8/26/2016 4:00:38 PM, uncung wrote:
At 8/26/2016 3:39:20 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/26/2016 3:35:00 PM, uncung wrote:
At 8/26/2016 3:22:45 PM, bulproof wrote:
Tell me.
I can't for the life of me understand.
Eternal boredom.

everyone will live forever. you will also.
No I won't mate.

You can't avoid it.

If you think that you are going to live forever and presumably go into an eternal afterlife in paradise, how do you think you are going to spend your time?
You are going to get sick of TV repeats.
Visiting relatives will wear off after a thousand years.
Being perfect, you will be doing holes in one at every golf course.
You are going to get absolutely p'ed off at worshiping every day for eternity.
From all the monotony you will probably turn to substance abuse.
So you will spend the rest of eternity in a vegetative state.
Good luck.

What if there is something new everyday, forever ?

Even now we see that everyday human beings are inventing interesting things, and they can do it forever.

My ex boss, an 80 years old man is just crazy about twitter, he is always online for the last couple of years.

And there is nothing about worshiping there, as far as I know.
And what pray tell would you need to invent in paradise?
How about nothing.
You also won't have the free will to do so.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
riyad70
Posts: 89
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2016 4:45:58 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/27/2016 2:26:59 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 8/27/2016 12:40:20 PM, uncung wrote:
At 8/27/2016 12:26:07 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 8/27/2016 10:48:07 AM, uncung wrote:
At 8/27/2016 7:10:45 AM, tarantula wrote:
At 8/26/2016 4:25:37 PM, uncung wrote:
At 8/26/2016 4:02:24 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 8/26/2016 3:35:00 PM, uncung wrote:
At 8/26/2016 3:22:45 PM, bulproof wrote:
Tell me.
I can't for the life of me understand.
Eternal boredom.

everyone will live forever. you will also.

An assertion with nothing to support it!

Religion says so. BTW you are on religion section.

Just because it says so doesn't mean it has any credibility!

why is it have no any credibility? can you back your argument with facts?

The FACT that there is absolutely no evidence that any god or an afterlife exists.

wrong, there is absolutely evidence that God or an afterlife exists.

Of course there isn't. If there was verifiable evidence we would all believe it to be true, but there is none.

No, sorry this statement is not correct.

According to scriptures, people witnessed miracles, and by all means miracles should be evidence that God exists, for example raising the dead by Jesus.

Still the scriptures tell us that the majority of the Jews rejected Jesus, crucified him according to Christianity or tried to according to Islam.

Believe me, the evidence is there, in your body for example, still you reject it, as simple as that.