Total Posts:34|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The reality of Christianity.

GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2011 9:31:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I will probably have a spin off of this topic in the philosophy forum, since I will raise some unusual points which may be true.

The reality of Christianity is a strange one, it is for a few reasons. Since I have been saved, for almost 3 years now, I have seriously struggled in major aspects of my moral life. But I don't want to go there, I don't want to talk about morality in this forum, or the Bible as such. But I want to talk about the behind scenes of a born again Christian.

Let's say there was an atheist, a false Christian (they do exist), and a true Christian.

The atheist has reasons for what he believes. He believes in those reasons because he does not believe in the reasons opposing the reasons he currently believes. That's the only reason why he believe what he believes. And therefore feels ok or at peace with how he is, how he lives, thinks, speaks etc...

The false Christian also has reasons for what he believes. He believes in those reasons because he does not believe in the reasons opposing the reasons he currently believe. And again that's the only reason why he believes what he believes. And therefore feels ok or at peace with how he lives, thinks, speaks etc...

The true Christian also has his reasons for what he believes. He believes in those reasons, not because though he does not believe in the opposing reasons. But because there is a force that responds to the way he lives. Let me give you an example; his mate rings him up on a Saturday morning, "Hey you want to come out tonight and go clubbing?" the Christian responds, "Yeah sure!". That night the Christian gets ready to leave to meet his friend. They spend all night at the club drinking and chatting girls up.

So what is this Christian doing, this isn't Christian behavior. But wait, consider this, the Christian is saved, born again, say after a number of drinks the Christian need the toilet, and so he goes. While using the toilet, a thought enters his mind, "You know what is right." Mutters the thought, the Christian is emotionally effects by this, he shudders from it and attempts to comfort his own reality with another. He uses the excuse, "I'm not being very Christian anyway." He doesn't not figure out what he will do with the thoughts which discomfort him, they are simple ignored, just blacked out, such things like music, girls etc...relocate his mind to the things that...relocated his mind, metaphorically speaking. There isn't a simpler way of saying that, since Christianity has nothing in common with the way the Christian is perceiving the world at this point.

As I have given you an example for the true Christian I will give you an example for the atheist and the false Christian.

The atheist in the same situation as the true Christian would go to the toilet, while using the toilet, the thought of atheism enters his mind, he is encouraged by it, but the concept of a hell also enters into his mind, based on his own personality there are varies ways in which he would respond to the thought of a hell. One is, "It would suck if it did exist." or, "Hell doesn't exist at all!" or perhaps, "You really think such a place could exist?" In these thoughts there is a disconnection between him and what may or may not exist, that being hell, God etc...Not a spiritual disconnection but a one that comforts him, he does not have to ignore it like the true Christian did. Simply put, it's just a thought no more of one like, "What if a bomb were to explode later on tonight and I were to die?" The music, and general atmosphere relocates his mind to the very things that relocated his mind. Rather more so, the music and general atmosphere relate well with his thoughts of hell and God due to the fact that his understanding of hell and God have almost nothing in common with his current situation. The thoughts are not ignored, yet they are. They are ignored in the sense of, he has stopped thinking of hell and God, while at the same time he didn't really have anything to ignore because simply put, hell and God has nothing to do with his understanding of reality. We all go by our own understanding, and by our own understanding our reality is whole.

The false Christian in the same situation would perhaps say, "God forgives, God is mercy, God is grace, God is everywhere, God is great, God is fantastic and kind. I love God lots and lots." He says those things because he is going by his own understanding of what Christianity is about, and because of that his thoughts are comforting, light and fluffy towards God. He may even suggest that Jesus Christ got drunk when He turned water into wine therefore, it is ok for him to get drunk. Whereas the true Christian knows that it is not ok, yet he still does it. The false Christian may think further, deeper into what he believes, he might actually realise that drunkenness is against God, yet he will still relate back to the fact God is loving, forgiving etc... Once done using the toilet, the false Christian will return, and like with the atheist, the music and general vibe of the club will relocate his mind back to the very things that relocated his mind. He didn't ignore God, or rather put, he did not ignore the reality of what is good and evil since he has never entered that reality. Again we go by our own understanding of reality, but if we had to ignore our own understanding like the true Christian did, it is probably a sign that the reality the Christian has is true. The true Christian is mentally disfigured about the thought, and putting it straight it disfigured and takes the excitement away from his night, even though, he wants to enjoy his night. Seems contradictory, and it is because his night does not have anything in common with the truth.

I know this because it happens to me, whereas before I way saved, it never happened. My reality was just like the false Christians one.
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2011 10:43:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Your point being? Although I have to say, I know not all christians, atheists, and "false" christians(whatever that means) think this way. I have to say there was a bit of an undertone of piousness that made me uncomfortable...
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2011 11:01:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Hey man, I understand that you have a hard time taking care of yourself, and you need the moral guidance of a master, but why do you feel the need to try to explain why everyone else should have a master? Not for me man.
Floid
Posts: 751
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2011 9:51:47 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
So you are seeing the true religious test is what you are thinking about while you drain the lizard?

Here is what I would probably be thinking about: "I can't wait to go home.". I don't really like clubs and while I might tell the girls I was chatting up I don't have a girlfriend, I do know a girl who would get really mad if she heard me say that.

If I had enough of that demonic alcohol in me I might also think "I hope we stop by and get something to eat before I go home."

So what religious conclusions can you draw from that?

Actually, I have no idea what you are talking about.
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2011 10:08:50 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/7/2011 9:51:47 AM, Floid wrote:
So you are seeing the true religious test is what you are thinking about while you drain the lizard?

Here is what I would probably be thinking about: "I can't wait to go home.". I don't really like clubs and while I might tell the girls I was chatting up I don't have a girlfriend, I do know a girl who would get really mad if she heard me say that.

If I had enough of that demonic alcohol in me I might also think "I hope we stop by and get something to eat before I go home."

So what religious conclusions can you draw from that?

Actually, I have no idea what you are talking about.

He has no idea, either. He is just trying to reinforce his own moral dilemma in his mind, and wants others to reinforce it as well. Fortunately, no one will humor his warped, self righteous, and seemingly crippled thought process.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2011 10:13:31 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/7/2011 10:08:50 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
Fortunately, no one will humor his... crippled thought process.

well I wouldn't say that's necessarily anything to get excited about, as that doesn't mean he's goin anywhere or anything.

For example: Nobody humors yours.. but You still stick around.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2011 10:20:55 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/7/2011 10:13:31 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 1/7/2011 10:08:50 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
Fortunately, no one will humor his... crippled thought process.

well I wouldn't say that's necessarily anything to get excited about, as that doesn't mean he's goin anywhere or anything.

For example: Nobody humors yours.. but You still stick around.

I've read plenty of your posts, and there's not much substance there, so I'm not too worried about anything you have to say. Actually, Godsands seems to command even more respect than you. Thanks for playing, try again.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2011 10:24:59 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/7/2011 10:20:55 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 1/7/2011 10:13:31 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 1/7/2011 10:08:50 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
Fortunately, no one will humor his... crippled thought process.

well I wouldn't say that's necessarily anything to get excited about, as that doesn't mean he's goin anywhere or anything.

For example: Nobody humors yours.. but You still stick around.

I've read plenty of your posts, and there's not much substance there, so I'm not too worried about anything you have to say. Actually, Godsands seems to command even more respect than you. Thanks for playing, try again.

8)
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2011 10:32:52 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/6/2011 11:01:41 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
Hey man, I understand that you have a hard time taking care of yourself, and you need the moral guidance of a master, but why do you feel the need to try to explain why everyone else should have a master? Not for me man.

I thought you were jewish? isnt God your master?
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
J.Kenyon
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2011 10:33:18 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/6/2011 9:31:48 PM, GodSands wrote:
Let's say there was an atheist, a false Christian (they do exist), and a true Christian.

The atheist has reasons for what he believes. He believes in those reasons because he does not believe in the reasons opposing the reasons he currently believes. That's the only reason why he believe what he believes. And therefore feels ok or at peace with how he is, how he lives, thinks, speaks etc...

The false Christian also has reasons for what he believes. He believes in those reasons because he does not believe in the reasons opposing the reasons he currently believe. And again that's the only reason why he believes what he believes. And therefore feels ok or at peace with how he lives, thinks, speaks etc...

The true Christian also has his reasons for what he believes. He believes in those reasons, not because though he does not believe in the opposing reasons. But because there is a force that responds to the way he lives.

That's a massive generalization you're making.

Let me give you an example; his mate rings him up on a Saturday morning, "Hey you want to come out tonight and go clubbing?" the Christian responds, "Yeah sure!". That night the Christian gets ready to leave to meet his friend. They spend all night at the club drinking and chatting girls up.

GodSands, do you really believe the omnipotent creator of the universe cares if you enjoy yourself once in a while? Having a few drinks and flirting with pretty girls doesn't seem like a huge deal to me. It's not like your snoggered out of your mind, dancing naked on some table top and fornicating with every woman in sight. Sheesh...

So what is this Christian doing, this isn't Christian behavior. But wait, consider this, the Christian is saved, born again, say after a number of drinks the Christian need the toilet, and so he goes. While using the toilet, a thought enters his mind, "You know what is right." Mutters the thought, the Christian is emotionally effects by this, he shudders from it and attempts to comfort his own reality with another. He uses the excuse, "I'm not being very Christian anyway." He doesn't not figure out what he will do with the thoughts which discomfort him, they are simple ignored, just blacked out, such things like music, girls etc...relocate his mind to the things that...relocated his mind, metaphorically speaking. There isn't a simpler way of saying that, since Christianity has nothing in common with the way the Christian is perceiving the world at this point.

As I have given you an example for the true Christian I will give you an example for the atheist and the false Christian.

The atheist in the same situation as the true Christian would go to the toilet, while using the toilet, the thought of atheism enters his mind, he is encouraged by it, but the concept of a hell also enters into his mind, based on his own personality there are varies ways in which he would respond to the thought of a hell. One is, "It would suck if it did exist." or, "Hell doesn't exist at all!" or perhaps, "You really think such a place could exist?" In these thoughts there is a disconnection between him and what may or may not exist, that being hell, God etc...Not a spiritual disconnection but a one that comforts him, he does not have to ignore it like the true Christian did. Simply put, it's just a thought no more of one like, "What if a bomb were to explode later on tonight and I were to die?" The music, and general atmosphere relocates his mind to the very things that relocated his mind. Rather more so, the music and general atmosphere relate well with his thoughts of hell and God due to the fact that his understanding of hell and God have almost nothing in common with his current situation. The thoughts are not ignored, yet they are. They are ignored in the sense of, he has stopped thinking of hell and God, while at the same time he didn't really have anything to ignore because simply put, hell and God has nothing to do with his understanding of reality. We all go by our own understanding, and by our own understanding our reality is whole.

Even if hell did exist, I really doubt God would send you there over a night of clubbing...

The false Christian in the same situation would perhaps say, "God forgives, God is mercy, God is grace, God is everywhere, God is great, God is fantastic and kind. I love God lots and lots." He says those things because he is going by his own understanding of what Christianity is about, and because of that his thoughts are comforting, light and fluffy towards God. He may even suggest that Jesus Christ got drunk when He turned water into wine therefore, it is ok for him to get drunk. Whereas the true Christian knows that it is not ok, yet he still does it. The false Christian may think further, deeper into what he believes, he might actually realise that drunkenness is against God, yet he will still relate back to the fact God is loving, forgiving etc... Once done using the toilet, the false Christian will return, and like with the atheist, the music and general vibe of the club will relocate his mind back to the very things that relocated his mind. He didn't ignore God, or rather put, he did not ignore the reality of what is good and evil since he has never entered that reality. Again we go by our own understanding of reality, but if we had to ignore our own understanding like the true Christian did, it is probably a sign that the reality the Christian has is true. The true Christian is mentally disfigured about the thought, and putting it straight it disfigured and takes the excitement away from his night, even though, he wants to enjoy his night. Seems contradictory, and it is because his night does not have anything in common with the truth.

Do you really think it's impossible to struggle with sin and still be a Christian? If so, you have a very vulgar and simplistic understanding of your own faith. You should watch this movie, you might learn something from it http://en.wikipedia.org...
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2011 10:35:07 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/7/2011 10:32:52 AM, Marauder wrote:
At 1/6/2011 11:01:41 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
Hey man, I understand that you have a hard time taking care of yourself, and you need the moral guidance of a master, but why do you feel the need to try to explain why everyone else should have a master? Not for me man.

I thought you were jewish? isnt God your master?

Ethnic Jew, but Atheist.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2011 10:45:26 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/7/2011 10:32:52 AM, Marauder wrote:
At 1/6/2011 11:01:41 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
Hey man, I understand that you have a hard time taking care of yourself, and you need the moral guidance of a master, but why do you feel the need to try to explain why everyone else should have a master? Not for me man.

I thought you were jewish? isnt God your master?:

I guess you've never heard of a secular Jew before.

For your edification: http://en.wikipedia.org...
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2011 10:48:24 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I know this because it happens to me, whereas before I way saved, it never happened. My reality was just like the false Christians one.:

You are so unbelievably indoctrinated, it's frightening. You're one step away from strapping on a suicide belt and diving headlong in to an abortion clinic.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2011 10:50:55 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/7/2011 10:48:24 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
I know this because it happens to me, whereas before I way saved, it never happened. My reality was just like the false Christians one.:

You are so unbelievably indoctrinated, it's frightening. You're one step away from strapping on a suicide belt and diving headlong in to an abortion clinic.

WOW!!!(Laughing hysterically)
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2011 10:56:07 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/7/2011 10:50:55 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
WOW!!!(Laughing hysterically)

HaHahahah!!!

You're so right Gavin!!

hAHAHAHAH!!
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2011 11:00:01 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm actually kind of glad Godsands has made this post. before he would make post that also refer to false Christians who are going to hell and I didn't really understand just what he thought a false christian was and mostly thought he was being judgmental of people here on this website he does not know well enough to judge if there false or not. in fact I think God is the only one in position to have an opinion on the matter.

But I kind of understand now when he freely posted his concept idea of the what one is (without context of people on this sight) beside what a christian is and an atheist in a really simple experience of dealing with sin.

That's another reason I actually like this post of godsands cause it does mostly deal with the experience itself of how we deal with sin and even for the saved I think its still a big aspect of our lives that we need to study and learn how to not just cope in the proper way with our transgressions and move on, but in moving on so we commit them no more. and paying attention to what are thoughts and feelings are while briefly taking a break from our worldly actions cause we had to use the toilet is part of that.

So I guess what Godsands means by the 'false Christians' are the ones who totally miss passages like this in the bible http://www.biblegateway.com... ; Christians who have come to a kind of indifference to sin and simply stop 'feeling the power' of the Holy Spirit pull them away from sin with guilt. they have just become indifferent to it.

And I agree there are Christians who have become indifferent to sin out there using many of the excuses Godsands listed (I'm saved anyway, can be perfect...) but I still don't think that kind of process that goes on in your head that defines the difference between 'fake christian' and 'true christian' can be determined by anyone other than God (-notsands).

Also, I'm not really sure if the 'fake' christian Godsands is describing is one that will go to hell or not, even just hypothetically referring to this kind of christian. though those excuses are not good ones, the statement 'God is forgiving' is still a true one. http://bible.cc... This fact does not change the reasons we must avoid sin with all our strength http://www.biblegateway.com... http://www.biblegateway.com... http://www.biblegateway.com... cause its still not good for us, it is not 'expedient'. but as far as salvation goes I really don't know, this kind of christian Godsands describes clearly understands and accepts the sacrifice on the cross as there forgiveness, and its often said that's bear minimum requirements for salvation cause we 'cannot be saved by our works' but by Gods grace we are saved.

I do think a Christian that lives there life in sin though without caring will still face consequences for it after judgment day even if those consequences are not hell itself. There are passages in the bible that suggest not all residents in heavens status will be equal, I cant think of them right now though.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2011 11:08:14 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/7/2011 10:33:18 AM, J.Kenyon wrote:
At 1/6/2011 9:31:48 PM, GodSands wrote:

The true Christian also has his reasons for what he believes. He believes in those reasons, not because though he does not believe in the opposing reasons. But because there is a force that responds to the way he lives.

That's a massive generalization you're making.

he's just giving a basic general idea of it, so I dont think he intended it to to perfect gosple law of the way all people exactly are, give him a brake man.

Do you really think it's impossible to struggle with sin and still be a Christian? If so, you have a very vulgar and simplistic understanding of your own faith. You should watch this movie, you might learn something from it http://en.wikipedia.org...

he never posted anything that suggested its impossible for Christians to struggle with sin and even indicated that Christians do still struggle with sin. if you actually read his example of the 'True christian' the true christian still went on his merry business of doing what he was doing before the thought occurred that 'this is wrong'
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2011 11:10:32 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/7/2011 11:00:01 AM, Marauder wrote:
I'm actually kind of glad Godsands has made this post. before he would make post that also refer to false Christians who are going to hell and I didn't really understand just what he thought a false christian was and mostly thought he was being judgmental of people here on this website he does not know well enough to judge if there false or not. in fact I think God is the only one in position to have an opinion on the matter.

But I kind of understand now when he freely posted his concept idea of the what one is (without context of people on this sight) beside what a christian is and an atheist in a really simple experience of dealing with sin.

That's another reason I actually like this post of godsands cause it does mostly deal with the experience itself of how we deal with sin and even for the saved I think its still a big aspect of our lives that we need to study and learn how to not just cope in the proper way with our transgressions and move on, but in moving on so we commit them no more. and paying attention to what are thoughts and feelings are while briefly taking a break from our worldly actions cause we had to use the toilet is part of that.

So I guess what Godsands means by the 'false Christians' are the ones who totally miss passages like this in the bible http://www.biblegateway.com... ; Christians who have come to a kind of indifference to sin and simply stop 'feeling the power' of the Holy Spirit pull them away from sin with guilt. they have just become indifferent to it.

And I agree there are Christians who have become indifferent to sin out there using many of the excuses Godsands listed (I'm saved anyway, can be perfect...) but I still don't think that kind of process that goes on in your head that defines the difference between 'fake christian' and 'true christian' can be determined by anyone other than God (-notsands).

Also, I'm not really sure if the 'fake' christian Godsands is describing is one that will go to hell or not, even just hypothetically referring to this kind of christian. though those excuses are not good ones, the statement 'God is forgiving' is still a true one. http://bible.cc... This fact does not change the reasons we must avoid sin with all our strength http://www.biblegateway.com... http://www.biblegateway.com... http://www.biblegateway.com... cause its still not good for us, it is not 'expedient'. but as far as salvation goes I really don't know, this kind of christian Godsands describes clearly understands and accepts the sacrifice on the cross as there forgiveness, and its often said that's bear minimum requirements for salvation cause we 'cannot be saved by our works' but by Gods grace we are saved.

I do think a Christian that lives there life in sin though without caring will still face consequences for it after judgment day even if those consequences are not hell itself. There are passages in the bible that suggest not all residents in heavens status will be equal, I cant think of them right now though.

So, what about the people that lead wholesome lives, and need no moral guidance from scripture? Are you saying that they are doomed to hell?
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2011 11:15:56 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/7/2011 11:10:32 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:

So, what about the people that lead wholesome lives, and need no moral guidance from scripture? Are you saying that they are doomed to hell?

It's not about where the source of your 'wholesome life' comes from that would doom you to hell, even the bible say's those who have never read the scripture have the law written on there hearts.

but there is no one who has lived a life so 'wholesome' that they still haven't fallen short just enough to need redemption for some of there actions, and actions of those they descended from in a smaller respect.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
vardas0antras
Posts: 983
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2011 11:22:26 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/7/2011 10:50:55 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 1/7/2011 10:48:24 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
I know this because it happens to me, whereas before I way saved, it never happened. My reality was just like the false Christians one.:

You are so unbelievably indoctrinated, it's frightening. You're one step away from strapping on a suicide belt and diving headlong in to an abortion clinic.

WOW!!!(Laughing hysterically)

How is that funny ?
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2011 11:24:41 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/7/2011 11:15:56 AM, Marauder wrote:
At 1/7/2011 11:10:32 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:

So, what about the people that lead wholesome lives, and need no moral guidance from scripture? Are you saying that they are doomed to hell?

It's not about where the source of your 'wholesome life' comes from that would doom you to hell, even the bible say's those who have never read the scripture have the law written on there hearts.

but there is no one who has lived a life so 'wholesome' that they still haven't fallen short just enough to need redemption for some of there actions, and actions of those they descended from in a smaller respect.

So, by that logic, we are responsible for the indiscretions of those that came before us? You seem so bogged down with guilt, that you take on other people's faults. Sounds like a rough life, man. I do NOT need to be redeemed for anything, because I am a free man. I answer to no one, and rely on my own conscience to make healthy moral decisions.
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2011 11:25:51 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/7/2011 11:22:26 AM, vardas0antras wrote:
At 1/7/2011 10:50:55 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 1/7/2011 10:48:24 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
I know this because it happens to me, whereas before I way saved, it never happened. My reality was just like the false Christians one.:

You are so unbelievably indoctrinated, it's frightening. You're one step away from strapping on a suicide belt and diving headlong in to an abortion clinic.

WOW!!!(Laughing hysterically)

How is that funny ?

Shock value, V!
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2011 12:51:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
: At 1/6/2011 11:01:41 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
Hey man, I understand that you have a hard time taking care of yourself, and you need the moral guidance of a master, but why do you feel the need to try to explain why everyone else should have a master? Not for me man.

Everyone has a master, atheist, Christian or none, everyone has a 'god'. Your just self employed, I'm employed. So basically, your god is what you desire the most.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2011 1:24:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/7/2011 12:51:17 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 1/6/2011 11:01:41 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
Hey man, I understand that you have a hard time taking care of yourself, and you need the moral guidance of a master, but why do you feel the need to try to explain why everyone else should have a master? Not for me man.

Everyone has a master, atheist, Christian or none, everyone has a 'god'. Your just self employed, I'm employed. So basically, your god is what you desire the most.

My desires come and go..

When they're here I embrace them..
when they go.. I let them.

They exist through me... and I accept my nature, as it is.. and as it changes.

YOU Reject yourself... and Your spontaneous... Natural Cares.. and Cling to the Cares of someone else (That "God" character)
However... Being that that God Character Is NOT you.. and YOU have your own Natural/spontaneous cares... you Struggle.
THIS is the source of that unhappy struggle which you describe!

Even Jesus seemed to know this :)

Jesus claimed to put an End to "sin"
How???? by bringing the Good Tidings!

By bringing the message that One who Is a child of God... One who is Indistinguishable from The Ultimate itself CANNOT SIN!!!

"I said we are gods, all of us children of the most high."


Jesus worked to End the illusion of Sin which caused so much suffering :)

..
or not... whatever.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2011 1:28:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
**in before Godsands throws a Righteous Fit** 8)
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2011 1:33:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/7/2011 1:24:46 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 1/7/2011 12:51:17 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 1/6/2011 11:01:41 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
Hey man, I understand that you have a hard time taking care of yourself, and you need the moral guidance of a master, but why do you feel the need to try to explain why everyone else should have a master? Not for me man.

Everyone has a master, atheist, Christian or none, everyone has a 'god'. Your just self employed, I'm employed. So basically, your god is what you desire the most.

My desires come and go..

When they're here I embrace them..
when they go.. I let them.

They exist through me... and I accept my nature, as it is.. and as it changes.

YOU Reject yourself... and Your spontaneous... Natural Cares.. and Cling to the Cares of someone else (That "God" character)
However... Being that that God Character Is NOT you.. and YOU have your own Natural/spontaneous cares... you Struggle.
THIS is the source of that unhappy struggle which you describe!

Even Jesus seemed to know this :)

Jesus claimed to put an End to "sin"
How???? by bringing the Good Tidings!

By bringing the message that One who Is a child of God... One who is Indistinguishable from The Ultimate itself CANNOT SIN!!!

"I said we are gods, all of us children of the most high."


Jesus worked to End the illusion of Sin which caused so much suffering :)

..
or not... whatever.

(clapping) And there you have it! Very insightful.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2011 1:54:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/7/2011 1:33:50 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
(clapping) And there you have it! Very insightful.

AAAGHGHGH!!!

I really wish you were Religious like Sac8 so I wouldn't ever have to suffer you agreeing with me.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2011 1:54:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/7/2011 11:00:01 AM, Marauder wrote:
I'm actually kind of glad Godsands has made this post. before he would make post that also refer to false Christians who are going to hell:

"He who is without sin, let him cast the first stone." -- John 8:7
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2011 1:54:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/7/2011 1:54:02 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 1/7/2011 1:33:50 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
(clapping) And there you have it! Very insightful.

AAAGHGHGH!!!

I really wish you were Religious like Sac8 so I wouldn't ever have to suffer you agreeing with me.

lol... I told you.. it's not gonna stop.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2011 2:30:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/7/2011 1:54:02 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 1/7/2011 1:33:50 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
(clapping) And there you have it! Very insightful.

AAAGHGHGH!!!

I really wish you were Religious like Sac8 so I wouldn't ever have to suffer you agreeing with me.

plus.. the latter parts of my quip were really just to turn Godsand's thermostat up a few degrees...
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."