Jump to topic:

Atheist Double Standards?

UUU
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2016 4:53:24 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
In one of the threads on science forum, when a member asked others has there always been something? Link : http://www.debate.org... Most atheists were uncertain about their position. I can't help but wonder 'what convinced them about the non existence of god' . I think atheists are highly emotional about their position and tend to support each other. But unlike theists, they agree with each other on most things . I see this as a problem, do you?
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2016 5:04:11 PM
At 8/29/2016 4:53:24 PM, UUU wrote:
In one of the threads on science forum, when a member asked others has there always been something? Link : http://www.debate.org... Most atheists were uncertain about their position. I can't help but wonder 'what convinced them about the non existence of god' . I think atheists are highly emotional about their position and tend to support each other. But unlike theists, they agree with each other on most things . I see this as a problem, do you?

Absolutely, your misrepresentation of atheists is indeed the problem.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Xacto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2016 5:19:00 PM
In one of the threads on science forum, when a member asked others has there always been something? Link : http://www.debate.org... Most atheists were uncertain about their position. I can't help but wonder 'what convinced them about the non existence of god' . I think atheists are highly emotional about their position and tend to support each other. But unlike theists, they agree with each other on most things . I see this as a problem, do you? : :

When I was out preaching the gospel, I met several people who listened to it and told me they were atheists but liked the gospel I preached to them. They found it very interesting. They hate Christians trying to force their false gospels at them. I don't blame them. I know their false gospels have deceived them.
Benshapiro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2016 5:40:15 PM

It depends on the atheist. The more rational atheists tend to define their position in such a way that's synonymous with agnosticism.
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2016 5:43:20 PM

What's the double standard?
Burzmali
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2016 6:45:05 PM

So atheists are uncertain and reticent to accept a claim when there isn't evidence to support it, regardless of if that claim is about whether something has always existed or whether a god exists. Where is the double-standard, exactly? To me, it just looks like you don't understand atheism.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 12:05:57 AM

They are weak minded. That's why they gobble prozak like crack mcnuggets.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 1:02:13 AM
Atheists don't just have double standards, they are complete hypocrites. Especially the ones who make the pretense of being "scientific" and "logical". They are superstitious religious fanatics, and lets not kid ourselves. They are practically pharisees. Well, the dumb and vocal ones at least. The smart ones tend to be more like sadducees.

Open up the dictionary, it says everything right there. God means "The Supreme or Ultimate Reality". An atheist doesn't believe that God exists. Why should anyone take what they say seriously? They don't even believe in truth! They might as well just come out and say, "Everything I say is intended to subvert and deceive, because I am completely devoid of any sincere conviction."

They are ignorant and often very petulant people. Completely wicked. They are so stupid that they don't think they have gods. Oh, they may not acknowledge The One True God, but they certainly worship idols like the pagans they are. They worship the god of their belly, and they are slaves to their own lusts. They are double minded and foolish in all of their ways. They are spineless fools who are so cowardly that they willingly traded in truth in favor of lies.

Surely not all people who self identify as atheist are so delusional. Most of them honestly just don't know what "atheist" actually means. They've fallen for the oldest academic practical joke in history. Get some know it all smarty pants to expose themselves as a fool by tricking them in to professing atheism. "Oh look, there's another dipshitted chap who doesn't care about what is true or not. Look at him! He's going around demanding that people prove to him that it is true that there is truth!"

Yeah, that's right, it's a blood practical joke. It isn't likely that any of these theophobic atheist bots are going to snap out of their delusions though. They are the real deal. They think they are more authoritative on language than academically respected dictionaries. They seem to be proud of their intellectual laziness. Of course they are, the reason they hold the position that they do is because of hubris.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
missmedic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 4:32:47 AM
At 8/30/2016 1:02:13 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Atheists don't just have double standards, they are complete hypocrites. Especially the ones who make the pretense of being "scientific" and "logical". They are superstitious religious fanatics, and lets not kid ourselves. They are practically pharisees. Well, the dumb and vocal ones at least. The smart ones tend to be more like sadducees.

Open up the dictionary, it says everything right there. God means "The Supreme or Ultimate Reality". An atheist doesn't believe that God exists. Why should anyone take what they say seriously? They don't even believe in truth! They might as well just come out and say, "Everything I say is intended to subvert and deceive, because I am completely devoid of any sincere conviction."

They are ignorant and often very petulant people. Completely wicked. They are so stupid that they don't think they have gods. Oh, they may not acknowledge The One True God, but they certainly worship idols like the pagans they are. They worship the god of their belly, and they are slaves to their own lusts. They are double minded and foolish in all of their ways. They are spineless fools who are so cowardly that they willingly traded in truth in favor of lies.

Surely not all people who self identify as atheist are so delusional. Most of them honestly just don't know what "atheist" actually means. They've fallen for the oldest academic practical joke in history. Get some know it all smarty pants to expose themselves as a fool by tricking them in to professing atheism. "Oh look, there's another dipshitted chap who doesn't care about what is true or not. Look at him! He's going around demanding that people prove to him that it is true that there is truth!"

Yeah, that's right, it's a blood practical joke. It isn't likely that any of these theophobic atheist bots are going to snap out of their delusions though. They are the real deal. They think they are more authoritative on language than academically respected dictionaries. They seem to be proud of their intellectual laziness. Of course they are, the reason they hold the position that they do is because of hubris.

Wow, a 5 paragraph rant, some one has a Hardon for atheists
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 4:35:46 AM
At 8/30/2016 4:32:47 AM, missmedic wrote:

Wow, a 5 paragraph rant, some one has a Hardon for atheists

Wow, a mindless assessment of what I wrote. Sounds like aversion to me.

None of you atheists care about anyone but yourselves. That's why you never make any effort to say anything edifying. It's all about pride and pretentiousness, isn't it?
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 6:08:51 AM
But unlike theists they have no indoctrination.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Stronn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 6:44:00 AM

Your assessment of atheists misses the mark by at least as much as your assertion that God must exist because the word "God" is defined in the dictionary.
Skeptical1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 6:48:09 AM

Jesus must be so proud of you right now.
foxxhajti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 7:50:01 AM

If there is scientific evidence that something has happened, which the Bible, claims has happened in a completely different manner (or hasn't happened at all), or maybe that some type of event has happened in the past, which is proven that it couldn't have happened, then I'd say that it isn't that reliable.

Dictionaries are man-made. The dictionary also defines God as "a person and especially a man who is greatly loved or admired" (according to Merriam-Webster), does that mean that a random man is a "God" as well? Your beliefs shouldn't rely on grammatical dictionary definitions.

I don't consider those adjectives as correlations to myself. I can't dismiss the fact that a God exists, as there's no evidence to either disprove or prove his existence, but I can refuse to believe in a religion full of inconsistencies (which is why I ceased believing in one of the Abrahamic religions).

Here you're generalizing atheists and implying they live an immoral and hedonistic type of life, possibly full of gluttony (which is funny because there's a study that claims that religious people tend to be fatter, in most cases: https://www.ibcsr.org...) or promiscuity (which is also funny, because apparently, female students in Catholic school, tend to be more promiscuous: https://www.lifesitenews.com...). Let's stop all of these generalizations, alright?

Did you just make up the word "theophobic"? Wow..
I don't really see why you would hate Atheists this much. You always have something bad to say against them, and I don't think all of this hatred reflects the religion you're supposed to believe in. It's not "intellectual laziness", it's just a belief. Your atheistic belief's criticism doesn't really seem constructive, and can be taken as borderline bigotry. When you'll come up with a clean argument, which doesn't involve constant attacks on non-believers, let me know.
"It's interesting to observe that almost all truly worthy men have simple manners, and that simple manners are almost always taken as a sign of little worth" - Giacomo Leopardi

"It is more honorable to be raised to a throne than to be born to one. Fortune bestows the one, merit obtains the other." - Francesco Petrarca

"You too must not count too much on your reality as you feel it today, since like yesterday, it may prove an illusion for you tomorrow." - Luigi Pirandello