Jump to topic:

Homosexuality

Throwback
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2016 11:52:57 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
Homosexual behavior is immoral and unnatural. It always has been, as determined by the immutable God. As such, it will always be immoral and unnatural. I'm not posting this as a debate, so don't waste your time. It's simply a statement of a fact which everyone seems to have lost their minds in their frenzy to deny.
When I respond with "OK" don't take it personally. I'm simply being appropriately dismissive.
Skeptical1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2016 11:59:46 PM
How convenient that this "immutable God" should happen to agree exactly with your pre-iron-age opinion. Please don't take this as an argument, it's not. Just pointing out that when people feel a need to impose their will and prejudices on others, they inevitably have to seek endorsement from a magical sky-being to do so.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 12:04:16 AM
At 8/29/2016 11:52:57 PM, Throwback wrote:
Homosexual behavior is immoral and unnatural. It always has been, as determined by the immutable God. As such, it will always be immoral and unnatural. I'm not posting this as a debate, so don't waste your time. It's simply a statement of a fact which everyone seems to have lost their minds in their frenzy to deny.

"OK"
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 12:04:16 AM
At 8/29/2016 11:59:46 PM, Skeptical1 wrote:
How convenient that this "immutable God" should happen to agree exactly with your pre-iron-age opinion. Please don't take this as an argument, it's not. Just pointing out that when people feel a need to impose their will and prejudices on others, they inevitably have to seek endorsement from a magical sky-being to do so.

But he's just "confused". Don't be a bigot. Tollerate him...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Throwback
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 12:04:26 AM

I understand. None of it is for you.
When I respond with "OK" don't take it personally. I'm simply being appropriately dismissive.
Throwback
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 12:05:27 AM
At 8/30/2016 12:04:16 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

"OK"

LOL...Love the reply!
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 12:15:10 AM
At 8/30/2016 12:04:26 AM, Throwback wrote:

I understand. None of it is for you.

You mean the magical nothing fairy that popped males and females into existance at the identical historical point after using nothing to use Harry Potter tactics to create something. Your dark, mysterious friend wiggled its nose and by fairytale like power waved its magic wand and vomited reality into existance from a point too small to be seen by the human eye. Atheists believe in Never Never Land, the place where fantasy overrides reakity suckling at its imaginary teet.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

Skeptical1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 12:15:28 AM
Please don't accuse me of being a bigot, or I shall stone you with stones until you are dead, and then smite your children, and your children's children. After which I'll resurrect you so I can repeat the treatment for all eternity whilst you roast in the lake of fire - but remember, I love you :)
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 12:17:15 AM
At 8/30/2016 12:15:28 AM, Skeptical1 wrote:
Please don't accuse me of being a bigot, or I shall stone you with stones until you are dead, and then smite your children, and your children's children. After which I'll resurrect you so I can repeat the treatment for all eternity whilst you roast in the lake of fire - but remember, I love you :)

How did your god, The Nothing Monster" do it? Magic beans?

Skeptical1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 12:25:30 AM
At 8/30/2016 12:17:15 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 8/30/2016 12:15:28 AM, Skeptical1 wrote:

How did your god, The Nothing Monster" do it? Magic beans?

The cosmological argument - the most ridiculous of all theist arguments. "We don't know exactly how it happened, therefore God did it." And just as with the geocentric universe, talking snakes, flaming chariots coming down from "heaven", when we do have a more-or-less complete answer for that what then of your magical sky being? As Neil Degrasse Tyson put it: "God is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance". Not to mention, philosophical infancy.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 12:32:46 AM
This topic is gay.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
Hiu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 12:37:02 AM

What say you about the homosexual nature of other mammals?
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 12:54:19 AM

Response: Homosexual sex is by far one of the most despicable and uncivilized acts. Not because God says so, but because homosexual sex is based on lust. Not love. By lust. I am referring to the idea of showing affection with the intent to receive affection in return. This is contrary to love, which is to show affection with the intent to make the other happy.

No homosexual has sex based on love as defined above. It is strictly to satisfy their own personal desire to receive affection. This is despicable because sex is a very personal and intimate embrace. So to put it secondary what is so intimate to others for your own pleasure is simple despicable.

This is the part when all homosexual supporters scream out that this is not the case and homosexual sex is based on love as defined above as well. If that is true then they should be able to answer the following:

"What is the difference in the nature of men and women that makes homosexuals love the same sex sexually but not the opposite sex"? The fact that no one can answer this question logically without referring to lust is proof that homosexual sex is based on lust as defined above and no love as defined above. Thus homosexual sex is wrong, despicable, and a disgrace. Let alone, it breaks up the foundation of a family because it destroys role of men and women in society ,making it a disgrace for any civilized society.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 1:27:54 AM
At 8/30/2016 12:54:19 AM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: Homosexual sex is by far one of the most despicable and uncivilized acts. Not because God says so, but because homosexual sex is based on lust. Not love. By lust. I am referring to the idea of showing affection with the intent to receive affection in return. This is contrary to love, which is to show affection with the intent to make the other happy.

No homosexual has sex based on love as defined above. It is strictly to satisfy their own personal desire to receive affection. This is despicable because sex is a very personal and intimate embrace. So to put it secondary what is so intimate to others for your own pleasure is simple despicable.

This is the part when all homosexual supporters scream out that this is not the case and homosexual sex is based on love as defined above as well. If that is true then they should be able to answer the following:

"What is the difference in the nature of men and women that makes homosexuals love the same sex sexually but not the opposite sex"? The fact that no one can answer this question logically without referring to lust is proof that homosexual sex is based on lust as defined above and no love as defined above. Thus homosexual sex is wrong, despicable, and a disgrace. Let alone, it breaks up the foundation of a family because it destroys role of men and women in society ,making it a disgrace for any civilized society.

LOL. Fati doesn't know anything about relationships.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Skeptical1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 1:53:14 AM
At 8/30/2016 12:54:19 AM, Fatihah wrote:

This assumes that physical lust is the only possible motive for a man or woman to engage in a same-sex relationship. This is clearly nonsense as there is no form of physical gratification for a man that could not be provided by a woman. The same applies for women in same-sex relationships. Clearly there is some other form of attraction, so you've just shot yourself in the foot.

As for homosexuality destroying the roles of men and women in society, to which roles are you referring? The one that says men may enslave women and use them as concubines? Are you referring to the fact that a man may have multiple wives as long as he treats them equally, but a woman who is with more than one man will be put to death? Or do you mean the role that makes women cover themselves from head to toe, lest they despicably cause some poor, defenseless man to find them attractive? The law that says a woman may not leave her house to pursue an education, unless it is with her husband's blessing? Or perhaps you're referring to a woman's word as a witness being worth half that of a man's?

We certainly wouldn't want to destroy the fabric of society by questioning these roles, so I guess you win.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 2:24:26 AM

Why does your God create men and women (and animals) with homosexual tendencies then? How can it be unnatural when it is obviously a part of nature?
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 2:41:50 AM
Homosexual behavior is immoral and unnatural.
Have you determined this via personal experience?
It always has been, as determined by the immutable God.
Which god do you refer?
As such, it will always be immoral and unnatural.
Because personal experience has lead you to this conclusion.
I'm not posting this as a debate, so don't waste your time.
Your post is devoid of anything reasonable to debate, hence you are correct.
It's simply a statement of a fact which everyone seems to have lost their minds in their frenzy to deny.
On the contrary, these statements reflect a lack of critical thinking.
missmedic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 4:32:34 AM

Why are Christians so concerned with the sexual proclivities of others?
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
http://www.livescience.com...
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 5:58:57 AM

Why don't you stop heterosexuals from breeding, that way no homosexuals will be born.
Problem solved.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 6:15:11 AM
At 8/30/2016 12:25:30 AM, Skeptical1 wrote:

Nice username! :-)
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 6:18:16 AM
At 8/30/2016 1:53:14 AM, Skeptical1 wrote:

This assumes that physical lust is the only possible motive for a man or woman to engage in a same-sex relationship. This is clearly nonsense as there is no form of physical gratification for a man that could not be provided by a woman. The same applies for women in same-sex relationships. Clearly there is some other form of attraction, so you've just shot yourself in the foot.

As for homosexuality destroying the roles of men and women in society, to which roles are you referring? The one that says men may enslave women and use them as concubines? Are you referring to the fact that a man may have multiple wives as long as he treats them equally, but a woman who is with more than one man will be put to death? Or do you mean the role that makes women cover themselves from head to toe, lest they despicably cause some poor, defenseless man to find them attractive? The law that says a woman may not leave her house to pursue an education, unless it is with her husband's blessing? Or perhaps you're referring to a woman's word as a witness being worth half that of a man's?

We certainly wouldn't want to destroy the fabric of society by questioning these roles, so I guess you win.

Response: Nowhere is it assumed that list is the only possible reason behind same-sex relationships. The argument is that sex, not a relationship, between the same gender can only be based on lust (to show affection with the intent to receive it in return). Not love (to show affection with the intent to make the other happy).

Now if I am wrong, then you should be able to answer the simple question. That is what is the DIFFERENCE in nature between men and women that makes homosexuals love the same sex sexually but not the opposite sex? Your own failure to answer the question supports the fact that homosexual sex is based on lust, not love. Therefore it is wrong.

As for the rest, the role of men and women is that men are to protect and care for women by using their masculinity and strength. Not walking and prancing around mimicking the sensitivity and feminine behavior of women. Otherwise, we have a bunch of sissy men, which does nothing in aiding and giving women the care and protection they naturally deserve.
Nottingham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 6:24:58 AM
Homosexual behavior is immoral and unnatural. It always has been, as determined by the immutable God. As such, it will always be immoral and unnatural. I'm not posting this as a debate, so don't waste your time. It's simply a statement of a fact which everyone seems to have lost their minds in their frenzy to deny. : :

Worshiping other gods than the true God is also a commandment that religious people disobey. So who is worse, a homosexual or a Christian who worships a man named Jesus as their lord and savior?
Skeptical1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 6:27:03 AM
At 8/30/2016 6:15:11 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/30/2016 12:25:30 AM, Skeptical1 wrote:

Nice username! :-)

Ha! Fancy that :)
Skeptical1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 6:37:22 AM
At 8/30/2016 6:18:16 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 8/30/2016 1:53:14 AM, Skeptical1 wrote:

Response: Nowhere is it assumed that list is the only possible reason behind same-sex relationships. The argument is that sex, not a relationship, between the same gender can only be based on lust (to show affection with the intent to receive it in return). Not love (to show affection with the intent to make the other happy).

Now if I am wrong, then you should be able to answer the simple question. That is what is the DIFFERENCE in nature between men and women that makes homosexuals love the same sex sexually but not the opposite sex? Your own failure to answer the question supports the fact that homosexual sex is based on lust, not love. Therefore it is wrong.

As for the rest, the role of men and women is that men are to protect and care for women by using their masculinity and strength. Not walking and prancing around mimicking the sensitivity and feminine behavior of women. Otherwise, we have a bunch of sissy men, which does nothing in aiding and giving women the care and protection they naturally deserve.

The image of "protector" you've described above doesn't gel with the view of any of the three Abrahamic religions - so I'm wondering where you got it? Or did you just make it up? That's your prerogative, although suggesting it is how everyone must live seems a bit presumptuous if that's the case. Also, you might find that less women than you think these days feel a need or desire to be "protected" by men.

Your "point" regarding homosexual sex eludes me. Although I can't claim to understand what it is you're trying to say, I'm trying. Let me turn the question around:

What is the DIFFERENCE in nature between men and women that makes heterosexuals love the opposite sex sexually but not the same sex? Does this mean that this sort of relationship is based only on lust?
keithprosser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 7:05:24 AM
Paul seems to have a negative attitude towards sex and marriage.

"For I would that all men were even as I myself (ie celibate)." 1 Cor 7:7, but that doesn't explain the prudishness of Christian morality.

But Christian morality is always somewhat ascetic and the guideline Christians acquire is that the sensual is always sinful to some degree. There is the curious notion in Christianity that if something is fun it must be sinful somehow, extending in extreme examples to music and wearing coloured clothes. Christianity is not anti-gay, it is anti-fun. Heterosexual sex inisde marriage is begrudgingly permitted as a necessary evil for the purposes procreation, but Christianity is a religion that glorifies being miserable.

The roots of that go back to its origins. Jesus' audience were the poor and oppressed to whom fun was what other people had. Jesus told people not to worry that were poor and miserable - they were the ones who would go to heaven, not all those rich types having all the fun now. It was, Jesus told them, easier for a camel to pass throught the eye of a needle than a rich man to enter heaven. That message makes poverty easier to bear for a people long oppressed, over-worked and over-taxed by foreign occupiers with no prospect of any change in those things in sight.

Christians are taught to consider this life a preparation for the next and in the back of their minds is the idea that the more in this life, the less in the next. Being unhappy pays. Gays having sex for fun - or even straight sex if its not within narrowly defied boundaries - is obviously not in keeping with that.

Alcohol, music, playing sport on Sundays... if it is fun, Christians have been against it at some point. Of course too much alcohol or gambling is a bad thing, but that is because alcohol is an addictive poison, not because eschewing the sensual delight of enjoying a fine wine will get you to heaven.
Nottingham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 7:14:52 AM
At 8/30/2016 7:05:24 AM, keithprosser wrote:
Paul seems to have a negative attitude towards sex and marriage.

"For I would that all men were even as I myself (ie celibate)." 1 Cor 7:7, but that doesn't explain the prudishness of Christian morality.

But Christian morality is always somewhat ascetic and the guideline Christians acquire is that the sensual is always sinful to some degree. There is the curious notion in Christianity that if something is fun it must be sinful somehow, extending in extreme examples to music and wearing coloured clothes. Christianity is not anti-gay, it is anti-fun. Heterosexual sex inisde marriage is begrudgingly permitted as a necessary evil for the purposes procreation, but Christianity is a religion that glorifies being miserable.

The roots of that go back to its origins. Jesus' audience were the poor and oppressed to whom fun was what other people had. Jesus told people not to worry that were poor and miserable - they were the ones who would go to heaven, not all those rich types having all the fun now. It was, Jesus told them, easier for a camel to pass throught the eye of a needle than a rich man to enter heaven. That message makes poverty easier to bear for a people long oppressed, over-worked and over-taxed by foreign occupiers with no prospect of any change in those things in sight.

Christians are taught to consider this life a preparation for the next and in the back of their minds is the idea that the more in this life, the less in the next. Being unhappy pays. Gays having sex for fun - or even straight sex if its not within narrowly defied boundaries - is obviously not in keeping with that.

Alcohol, music, playing sport on Sundays... if it is fun, Christians have been against it at some point. Of course too much alcohol or gambling is a bad thing, but that is because alcohol is an addictive poison, not because eschewing the sensual delight of enjoying a fine wine will get you to heaven. : :

Are you talking about Christians on Sunday mornings while attending church or Christians during the rest of the week?
Throwback
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 7:35:02 AM
At 8/30/2016 4:32:34 AM, missmedic wrote:

That is a question with a legitimate answer which I would never share with the militant atheist.
Nottingham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 7:37:29 AM
At 8/30/2016 7:35:02 AM, Throwback wrote:

That is a question with a legitimate answer which I would never share with the militant atheist. : :

I am not a militant atheist so you can tell me your legitimate answer to this question, "Why are Christians so concerned with the sexual proclivities of others?"
keithprosser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 7:49:43 AM
Of course not all Christians are kill joys, but not all Christians are anti-gay. I was really talking about the puritical thread that runs through Christianity in response to the question 'Why are Christian so concerned with the sexual proclivities of others?' and used 'Christians' in the loose sense of 'a vocal minority of small minded, religious nuts' I think the questioner did.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 8:11:47 AM
At 8/30/2016 7:35:02 AM, Throwback wrote:

That is a question with a legitimate answer which I would never share with the militant atheist.
Why are christians so deathly afraid of atheists and their questions, can't their gods protect them?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin