Total Posts:302|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Atheists can't tell when they are lying

SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 2:35:15 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
The definition of God with a capital "G" according to Merriam-Webster is "The Supreme or Ultimate Reality". Atheists do not believe that God exists. In other words, these people don't really believe in the existence of truth. Since these people don't really believe in truth, it stands to reason that they have no way of discerning whether or not what they say is true.

Well, you know, that's assuming that they aren't someone who is identifying as an atheist because they don't know what the word "God" with a capital "G" means. However, as we all know, a TRUE atheist will spit at all evidence and even claim to be more authoritative than the dictionary on language. Ironically, in doing so, they only prove that the definition in the dictionary is accurate.

To any sincere lover of The Truth, understand that when you identify as an atheist, you are saying that "I don't believe in The Truth", among other things. This is obviously an intellectually indefensible position.

So lets make it abundantly clear.

Atheists are clowns. Take them about as seriously as you do clowns.

Now you might be saying, "Wait! I'm an atheist, and I believe there is ultimate reality! I ain't no cosmic schmuck!"

Well, news flash buddy, according to the dictionary, you aren't atheist. You can stop calling yourself a fool now.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
Axonly
Posts: 1,802
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 2:38:01 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
Atheists are clowns. Take them about as seriously as you do clowns.

Ah I see....you don't take us seriously....that's why you make all these posts about us? OK, gotcha.
Meh!
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 2:45:38 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/30/2016 2:38:01 AM, Axonly wrote:
Atheists are clowns. Take them about as seriously as you do clowns.

Ah I see....you don't take us seriously....that's why you make all these posts about us? OK, gotcha.

I take them about as seriously as I do small children who barely know how to read and think that they know more about the world than an educated adult.

So understand that I say what I do out of love. If anyone gets bent out of shape because they think I'm insulting them, they should quit being such a wuss. Have you ever tried the always polite route with a child? It doesn't work. Sometimes you have to grab them by their ankles, lift them up, and say, "Gimmie your lunch money! Gimmie your lunch money!"

Never mind that it is summer vacation and they don't have any money. The point is, sometimes being humbled can be embarrassing, but it's good for you in the end. God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
intellectuallyprimitive
Posts: 1,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 2:50:16 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/30/2016 2:35:15 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
The definition of God with a capital "G" according to Merriam-Webster is "The Supreme or Ultimate Reality". Atheists do not believe that God exists. In other words, these people don't really believe in the existence of truth. Since these people don't really believe in truth, it stands to reason that they have no way of discerning whether or not what they say is true.
You can regurgitate definitions until you turn blue in the face, albeit can you demonstrate the god you propose has authority?

To any sincere lover of The Truth, understand that when you identify as an atheist, you are saying that "I don't believe in The Truth", among other things. This is obviously an intellectually indefensible position.

You misrepresent athiesm either because you lack the understanding of the concept, or you are intentionally spewing non-sense for what ever reason(s). Other members attempt to engage in discussions with atheists to gather information and/or exchange ideas in a reasonable fashion, yet your approach is vitriol, misrepresentation, and erroneous remarks that fall miserably short of productive.
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 3:02:58 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/30/2016 2:50:16 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 8/30/2016 2:35:15 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
The definition of God with a capital "G" according to Merriam-Webster is "The Supreme or Ultimate Reality". Atheists do not believe that God exists. In other words, these people don't really believe in the existence of truth. Since these people don't really believe in truth, it stands to reason that they have no way of discerning whether or not what they say is true.
You can regurgitate definitions until you turn blue in the face, albeit can you demonstrate the god you propose has authority?

To any sincere lover of The Truth, understand that when you identify as an atheist, you are saying that "I don't believe in The Truth", among other things. This is obviously an intellectually indefensible position.

You misrepresent athiesm either because you lack the understanding of the concept, or you are intentionally spewing non-sense for what ever reason(s). Other members attempt to engage in discussions with atheists to gather information and/or exchange ideas in a reasonable fashion, yet your approach is vitriol, misrepresentation, and erroneous remarks that fall miserably short of productive.

Yet here you are, not making any attempt whatsoever to correct me.

Oh, and you are asking for proof that it is true that there is truth. Yeah, sorry buddy, but I'm going by what the dictionary says. I think it is more authoritative on language than you are.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
intellectuallyprimitive
Posts: 1,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 3:08:20 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/30/2016 3:02:58 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 8/30/2016 2:50:16 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 8/30/2016 2:35:15 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
The definition of God with a capital "G" according to Merriam-Webster is "The Supreme or Ultimate Reality". Atheists do not believe that God exists. In other words, these people don't really believe in the existence of truth. Since these people don't really believe in truth, it stands to reason that they have no way of discerning whether or not what they say is true.
You can regurgitate definitions until you turn blue in the face, albeit can you demonstrate the god you propose has authority?

To any sincere lover of The Truth, understand that when you identify as an atheist, you are saying that "I don't believe in The Truth", among other things. This is obviously an intellectually indefensible position.

You misrepresent athiesm either because you lack the understanding of the concept, or you are intentionally spewing non-sense for what ever reason(s). Other members attempt to engage in discussions with atheists to gather information and/or exchange ideas in a reasonable fashion, yet your approach is vitriol, misrepresentation, and erroneous remarks that fall miserably short of productive.

Yet here you are, not making any attempt whatsoever to correct me.
I have asked you to demonstrate your claims either with evidence, or at least some sort of attempt to logically explain your case. How can I correct you when I have nothing cogent to correct?
Oh, and you are asking for proof that it is true that there is truth. Yeah, sorry buddy, but I'm going by what the dictionary says. I think it is more authoritative on language than you are.
Words can contain multiple definitions, therefore words also have usages. Words can vary from context to context. You equivocate with words such as "truth" and phrases such as "ultimate reality". To expect everyone to accept what you are saying is naive.
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 3:15:43 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/30/2016 3:08:20 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 8/30/2016 3:02:58 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 8/30/2016 2:50:16 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 8/30/2016 2:35:15 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
The definition of God with a capital "G" according to Merriam-Webster is "The Supreme or Ultimate Reality". Atheists do not believe that God exists. In other words, these people don't really believe in the existence of truth. Since these people don't really believe in truth, it stands to reason that they have no way of discerning whether or not what they say is true.
You can regurgitate definitions until you turn blue in the face, albeit can you demonstrate the god you propose has authority?

To any sincere lover of The Truth, understand that when you identify as an atheist, you are saying that "I don't believe in The Truth", among other things. This is obviously an intellectually indefensible position.

You misrepresent athiesm either because you lack the understanding of the concept, or you are intentionally spewing non-sense for what ever reason(s). Other members attempt to engage in discussions with atheists to gather information and/or exchange ideas in a reasonable fashion, yet your approach is vitriol, misrepresentation, and erroneous remarks that fall miserably short of productive.

Yet here you are, not making any attempt whatsoever to correct me.
I have asked you to demonstrate your claims either with evidence, or at least some sort of attempt to logically explain your case. How can I correct you when I have nothing cogent to correct?
Oh, and you are asking for proof that it is true that there is truth. Yeah, sorry buddy, but I'm going by what the dictionary says. I think it is more authoritative on language than you are.
Words can contain multiple definitions, therefore words also have usages. Words can vary from context to context. You equivocate with words such as "truth" and phrases such as "ultimate reality". To expect everyone to accept what you are saying is naive.

I don't expect everyone to accept what I'm saying, or more accurately, what the dictionary says. I expect honest people to accept what I'm saying, or more accurately, what the dictionary says.

Atheists are in denial of the big "G".

You want your evidence? It's in the dictionary. You have your proof there for what the word means.

The Supreme or Ultimate Reality.

It's not hard to accept. You know, unless you are too prideful to admit that you've been schmucked into believing that the Earth is flat.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
intellectuallyprimitive
Posts: 1,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 3:21:43 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/30/2016 3:15:43 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 8/30/2016 3:08:20 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 8/30/2016 3:02:58 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 8/30/2016 2:50:16 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 8/30/2016 2:35:15 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
The definition of God with a capital "G" according to Merriam-Webster is "The Supreme or Ultimate Reality". Atheists do not believe that God exists. In other words, these people don't really believe in the existence of truth. Since these people don't really believe in truth, it stands to reason that they have no way of discerning whether or not what they say is true.
You can regurgitate definitions until you turn blue in the face, albeit can you demonstrate the god you propose has authority?

To any sincere lover of The Truth, understand that when you identify as an atheist, you are saying that "I don't believe in The Truth", among other things. This is obviously an intellectually indefensible position.

You misrepresent athiesm either because you lack the understanding of the concept, or you are intentionally spewing non-sense for what ever reason(s). Other members attempt to engage in discussions with atheists to gather information and/or exchange ideas in a reasonable fashion, yet your approach is vitriol, misrepresentation, and erroneous remarks that fall miserably short of productive.

Yet here you are, not making any attempt whatsoever to correct me.
I have asked you to demonstrate your claims either with evidence, or at least some sort of attempt to logically explain your case. How can I correct you when I have nothing cogent to correct?
Oh, and you are asking for proof that it is true that there is truth. Yeah, sorry buddy, but I'm going by what the dictionary says. I think it is more authoritative on language than you are.
Words can contain multiple definitions, therefore words also have usages. Words can vary from context to context. You equivocate with words such as "truth" and phrases such as "ultimate reality". To expect everyone to accept what you are saying is naive.

I don't expect everyone to accept what I'm saying, or more accurately, what the dictionary says. I expect honest people to accept what I'm saying, or more accurately, what the dictionary says.

Atheists are in denial of the big "G".

You want your evidence? It's in the dictionary. You have your proof there for what the word means.

The Supreme or Ultimate Reality.

It's not hard to accept. You know, unless you are too prideful to admit that you've been schmucked into believing that the Earth is flat.

You reference the dictionary as evidence for the god you claim to exist?
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 3:23:34 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/30/2016 3:21:43 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 8/30/2016 3:15:43 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 8/30/2016 3:08:20 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 8/30/2016 3:02:58 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 8/30/2016 2:50:16 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 8/30/2016 2:35:15 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
The definition of God with a capital "G" according to Merriam-Webster is "The Supreme or Ultimate Reality". Atheists do not believe that God exists. In other words, these people don't really believe in the existence of truth. Since these people don't really believe in truth, it stands to reason that they have no way of discerning whether or not what they say is true.
You can regurgitate definitions until you turn blue in the face, albeit can you demonstrate the god you propose has authority?

To any sincere lover of The Truth, understand that when you identify as an atheist, you are saying that "I don't believe in The Truth", among other things. This is obviously an intellectually indefensible position.

You misrepresent athiesm either because you lack the understanding of the concept, or you are intentionally spewing non-sense for what ever reason(s). Other members attempt to engage in discussions with atheists to gather information and/or exchange ideas in a reasonable fashion, yet your approach is vitriol, misrepresentation, and erroneous remarks that fall miserably short of productive.

Yet here you are, not making any attempt whatsoever to correct me.
I have asked you to demonstrate your claims either with evidence, or at least some sort of attempt to logically explain your case. How can I correct you when I have nothing cogent to correct?
Oh, and you are asking for proof that it is true that there is truth. Yeah, sorry buddy, but I'm going by what the dictionary says. I think it is more authoritative on language than you are.
Words can contain multiple definitions, therefore words also have usages. Words can vary from context to context. You equivocate with words such as "truth" and phrases such as "ultimate reality". To expect everyone to accept what you are saying is naive.

I don't expect everyone to accept what I'm saying, or more accurately, what the dictionary says. I expect honest people to accept what I'm saying, or more accurately, what the dictionary says.

Atheists are in denial of the big "G".

You want your evidence? It's in the dictionary. You have your proof there for what the word means.

The Supreme or Ultimate Reality.

It's not hard to accept. You know, unless you are too prideful to admit that you've been schmucked into believing that the Earth is flat.

You reference the dictionary as evidence for the god you claim to exist?

Look, you are proving my point right now by saying "god" and not "God".

Want to rephrase that question?
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
intellectuallyprimitive
Posts: 1,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 3:27:43 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/30/2016 3:23:34 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 8/30/2016 3:21:43 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 8/30/2016 3:15:43 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 8/30/2016 3:08:20 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 8/30/2016 3:02:58 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 8/30/2016 2:50:16 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 8/30/2016 2:35:15 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
The definition of God with a capital "G" according to Merriam-Webster is "The Supreme or Ultimate Reality". Atheists do not believe that God exists. In other words, these people don't really believe in the existence of truth. Since these people don't really believe in truth, it stands to reason that they have no way of discerning whether or not what they say is true.
You can regurgitate definitions until you turn blue in the face, albeit can you demonstrate the god you propose has authority?

To any sincere lover of The Truth, understand that when you identify as an atheist, you are saying that "I don't believe in The Truth", among other things. This is obviously an intellectually indefensible position.

You misrepresent athiesm either because you lack the understanding of the concept, or you are intentionally spewing non-sense for what ever reason(s). Other members attempt to engage in discussions with atheists to gather information and/or exchange ideas in a reasonable fashion, yet your approach is vitriol, misrepresentation, and erroneous remarks that fall miserably short of productive.

Yet here you are, not making any attempt whatsoever to correct me.
I have asked you to demonstrate your claims either with evidence, or at least some sort of attempt to logically explain your case. How can I correct you when I have nothing cogent to correct?
Oh, and you are asking for proof that it is true that there is truth. Yeah, sorry buddy, but I'm going by what the dictionary says. I think it is more authoritative on language than you are.
Words can contain multiple definitions, therefore words also have usages. Words can vary from context to context. You equivocate with words such as "truth" and phrases such as "ultimate reality". To expect everyone to accept what you are saying is naive.

I don't expect everyone to accept what I'm saying, or more accurately, what the dictionary says. I expect honest people to accept what I'm saying, or more accurately, what the dictionary says.

Atheists are in denial of the big "G".

You want your evidence? It's in the dictionary. You have your proof there for what the word means.

The Supreme or Ultimate Reality.

It's not hard to accept. You know, unless you are too prideful to admit that you've been schmucked into believing that the Earth is flat.

You reference the dictionary as evidence for the god you claim to exist?

Look, you are proving my point right now by saying "god" and not "God".

Want to rephrase that question?

No, but I will answer for you provided you are incapable of doing so.

I am unable to demonstrate the god I claim exists because I refuse to acknowledge that the application of critical thinking may serve to benefit more than asserting my convictions and making disdainful remarks about atheists.
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 3:30:59 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/30/2016 3:27:43 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 8/30/2016 3:23:34 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 8/30/2016 3:21:43 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 8/30/2016 3:15:43 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 8/30/2016 3:08:20 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 8/30/2016 3:02:58 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 8/30/2016 2:50:16 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 8/30/2016 2:35:15 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
The definition of God with a capital "G" according to Merriam-Webster is "The Supreme or Ultimate Reality". Atheists do not believe that God exists. In other words, these people don't really believe in the existence of truth. Since these people don't really believe in truth, it stands to reason that they have no way of discerning whether or not what they say is true.
You can regurgitate definitions until you turn blue in the face, albeit can you demonstrate the god you propose has authority?

To any sincere lover of The Truth, understand that when you identify as an atheist, you are saying that "I don't believe in The Truth", among other things. This is obviously an intellectually indefensible position.

You misrepresent athiesm either because you lack the understanding of the concept, or you are intentionally spewing non-sense for what ever reason(s). Other members attempt to engage in discussions with atheists to gather information and/or exchange ideas in a reasonable fashion, yet your approach is vitriol, misrepresentation, and erroneous remarks that fall miserably short of productive.

Yet here you are, not making any attempt whatsoever to correct me.
I have asked you to demonstrate your claims either with evidence, or at least some sort of attempt to logically explain your case. How can I correct you when I have nothing cogent to correct?
Oh, and you are asking for proof that it is true that there is truth. Yeah, sorry buddy, but I'm going by what the dictionary says. I think it is more authoritative on language than you are.
Words can contain multiple definitions, therefore words also have usages. Words can vary from context to context. You equivocate with words such as "truth" and phrases such as "ultimate reality". To expect everyone to accept what you are saying is naive.

I don't expect everyone to accept what I'm saying, or more accurately, what the dictionary says. I expect honest people to accept what I'm saying, or more accurately, what the dictionary says.

Atheists are in denial of the big "G".

You want your evidence? It's in the dictionary. You have your proof there for what the word means.

The Supreme or Ultimate Reality.

It's not hard to accept. You know, unless you are too prideful to admit that you've been schmucked into believing that the Earth is flat.

You reference the dictionary as evidence for the god you claim to exist?

Look, you are proving my point right now by saying "god" and not "God".

Want to rephrase that question?

No, but I will answer for you provided you are incapable of doing so.

I am unable to demonstrate the god I claim exists because I refuse to acknowledge that the application of critical thinking may serve to benefit more than asserting my convictions and making disdainful remarks about atheists.

Look, like I've been saying. Completely in denial. These people can't even tell when they are lying.

Alright, you've already lost this topic.

Any other atheists want to step up to the plate and make fools of themselves?
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 3:31:32 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
Better yet, maybe we can get an atheist to come out of the closet so to speak and admit that they believe God exists.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
Axonly
Posts: 1,802
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 4:15:38 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
I typed out a long reply, I had a savage insult that would have been hilarious, I was ready to sink to your level.

But then I decided that there are enough people like you in DDO.
Meh!
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 4:33:15 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/30/2016 4:15:38 AM, Axonly wrote:
I typed out a long reply, I had a savage insult that would have been hilarious, I was ready to sink to your level.

But then I decided that there are enough people like you in DDO.

I don't care about your stupid insults. If I'm so wrong about what atheists believe, how come they can't do anything but call me a liar? Not once has anyone tried to correct me.

How could you even hold it against me for having the viewpoint that I do? It's written in the dictionary. I'm not being misleading, I'm being honest about what it looks like to me.

It's right there. Why are you people so quick to assume that I'm some terrible person? It looks to me like insecurity. I'm open about what it looks like to me, and I'm not an unreasonable or hard person to talk to.

Why do you all make it hard? You refuse to acknowledge what the dictionary says. As long as you keep doing this, I'm going to point out that you are attacking your own vain imaginings, because it has NOTHING to do with what I'm talking about. I'm talking about The Ultimate Reality. That is what God means. If you don't believe in Ultimate Reality, you've already lost. I'm not going to accept your reality anymore than you are going to accept my reality. Lets get real. There is One Ultimate Reality. If you say otherwise, you're a liar.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 4:36:30 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
Sink to my level.... Hah.. You people are invalids.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 4:37:59 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
I suppose it's a failure on my part for not being charitable enough. Oh well.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
Axonly
Posts: 1,802
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 4:51:02 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
It's right there. Why are you people so quick to assume that I'm some terrible person? It looks to me like insecurity. I'm open about what it looks like to me, and I'm not an unreasonable or hard person to

All you've ever done and ever will do in DDO is rant, rave, flame and cause petty arguments. Claim to love all you want, we both know you are just a hateful person who has been a negative impact on DDO as a whole.

Goodbye, spirit.
Meh!
bulproof
Posts: 25,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 5:38:53 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/30/2016 4:36:30 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Sink to my level.... Hah.. You people are invalids.
Hey SpiT prove your god exists.
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,134
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 5:51:17 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/30/2016 5:38:53 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/30/2016 4:36:30 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Sink to my level.... Hah.. You people are invalids.
Hey SpiT prove your god exists.

I'll paraphrase his argument:

http://getintopc.com...
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 6:25:07 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/30/2016 2:35:15 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
The definition of God with a capital "G" according to Merriam-Webster is "The Supreme or Ultimate Reality". Atheists do not believe that God exists.

Have you ever asked them if they believe Ultimate Reality exists?
When atheists claim to not believe in God, what I understand they are saying is they do not believe in an invisible person who has supernatural powers. They believe the God of the bible stories is a mythical character, the same as all the mythical Greek gods. The capital G is irrelevant to the truth that the God portrayed in the bible stories as a Father figure is merely one of the thousands of gods created by human imagination.
If you tried understanding that, you might become more enlightened as to what atheists actually do believe.

In other words, these people don't really believe in the existence of truth. Since these people don't really believe in truth, it stands to reason that they have no way of discerning whether or not what they say is true.

Have you asked all atheists whether they believe in the existence of Truth?
If not, you are merely speculating and you don't even know that your own accusations are true due to having no evidence that your accusations apply to all atheists. That makes you a false accuser who has no discernment but foolishly places all atheists in the same box due to your lack of understanding of what they actually do believe.

Well, you know, that's assuming that they aren't someone who is identifying as an atheist because they don't know what the word "God" with a capital "G" means.

You should do less assuming and more searching for understanding about other peoples perceptions.

However, as we all know, a TRUE atheist will spit at all evidence and even claim to be more authoritative than the dictionary on language. Ironically, in doing so, they only prove that the definition in the dictionary is accurate.

A dictionary is not evidence. It is merely a book of definitions. Definitions are not exactly the same in all dictionaries and Merriam Webster is not the ultimate authority over all dictionaries.
However since you like to use Merriam Webster, try looking up the word atheist and take notice that the full definition says....
"one who believes that there is no deity"
Then look up the word deity....
Full definition... "
1a, the rank or essential nature of a god ; divinity
b capitalized ; god 1, supreme being
2 a god or goddess <the deities of ancient Greece>
3 one exalted or revered as supremely good or powerful

Please try to understand that in the perception of most atheists, the God deity as presented in the bible stories is no different to the deities of ancient Greece which most intelligent sane people believe are mythical.

To any sincere lover of The Truth, understand that when you identify as an atheist, you are saying that "I don't believe in The Truth", among other things. This is obviously an intellectually indefensible position.

Sincere lovers of Truth, understand that many religious people do not accept or believe in the Truth either.
Consider the concept of the Jesus character actually being the TRUTH. Who was it in the stories that hated and rejected him as TRUTH and called him a mad man and a liar? It was the religious people who claimed to believe in the God of the OT.
In the bible stories it is the religious who are the blind people. It is the religious that Jesus ( the TRUTH) calls children of the devil.

So lets make it abundantly clear.

Atheists are clowns. Take them about as seriously as you do clowns.

The same can be said about the religious God believers. Jesus (The TRUTH) did call them hypocrites and fools after all.

Now you might be saying, "Wait! I'm an atheist, and I believe there is ultimate reality! I ain't no cosmic schmuck!"

Well, news flash buddy, according to the dictionary, you aren't atheist. You can stop calling yourself a fool now.

News flash buddy. You are the one calling atheists fools. They do not call themselves fools unless they do something which they perceive to be foolish.

According to your implications, anyone who believes in God is not a fool.

If the fool says there is no God, why did Jesus call people who claim there is a God fools?

Was Jesus lying or are religious people who believe in the OT God actually fools?
Nottingham
Posts: 19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 6:27:19 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/30/2016 2:35:15 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
The definition of God with a capital "G" according to Merriam-Webster is "The Supreme or Ultimate Reality". Atheists do not believe that God exists. In other words, these people don't really believe in the existence of truth. Since these people don't really believe in truth, it stands to reason that they have no way of discerning whether or not what they say is true.


Well, you know, that's assuming that they aren't someone who is identifying as an atheist because they don't know what the word "God" with a capital "G" means. However, as we all know, a TRUE atheist will spit at all evidence and even claim to be more authoritative than the dictionary on language. Ironically, in doing so, they only prove that the definition in the dictionary is accurate.

To any sincere lover of The Truth, understand that when you identify as an atheist, you are saying that "I don't believe in The Truth", among other things. This is obviously an intellectually indefensible position.


So lets make it abundantly clear.

Atheists are clowns. Take them about as seriously as you do clowns.


Now you might be saying, "Wait! I'm an atheist, and I believe there is ultimate reality! I ain't no cosmic schmuck!"

Well, news flash buddy, according to the dictionary, you aren't atheist. You can stop calling yourself a fool now. : :

Christians have no way of knowing that they are liars who disobey the commandments of God.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 6:38:03 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/30/2016 2:45:38 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 8/30/2016 2:38:01 AM, Axonly wrote:
Atheists are clowns. Take them about as seriously as you do clowns.

Ah I see....you don't take us seriously....that's why you make all these posts about us? OK, gotcha.


I take them about as seriously as I do small children who barely know how to read and think that they know more about the world than an educated adult.

So understand that I say what I do out of love. If anyone gets bent out of shape because they think I'm insulting them, they should quit being such a wuss. Have you ever tried the always polite route with a child? It doesn't work. Sometimes you have to grab them by their ankles, lift them up, and say, "Gimmie your lunch money! Gimmie your lunch money!"

Why on Earth would a loving adult grab a child and demand their lunch money?
That sounds more like the tactics of a bully to me.

Never mind that it is summer vacation and they don't have any money. The point is, sometimes being humbled can be embarrassing, but it's good for you in the end. God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble.

A humble person will give a child their lunch money when they see the child has no lunch instead of demanding something from the child that the child cannot give you due to having none.
Maybe you ought to humble yourself and stop bullying little children for their lunch money..
You reap what you sow in the end.
When you sow insults and humiliation you will be insulted and humiliated in the end.
Try growing up and understanding how other people perceive things instead of trying to tell them how they ought to perceive things.
Nottingham
Posts: 19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 6:59:26 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/30/2016 6:38:03 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 8/30/2016 2:45:38 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 8/30/2016 2:38:01 AM, Axonly wrote:
Atheists are clowns. Take them about as seriously as you do clowns.

Ah I see....you don't take us seriously....that's why you make all these posts about us? OK, gotcha.


I take them about as seriously as I do small children who barely know how to read and think that they know more about the world than an educated adult.

So understand that I say what I do out of love. If anyone gets bent out of shape because they think I'm insulting them, they should quit being such a wuss. Have you ever tried the always polite route with a child? It doesn't work. Sometimes you have to grab them by their ankles, lift them up, and say, "Gimmie your lunch money! Gimmie your lunch money!"

Why on Earth would a loving adult grab a child and demand their lunch money?
That sounds more like the tactics of a bully to me.

Never mind that it is summer vacation and they don't have any money. The point is, sometimes being humbled can be embarrassing, but it's good for you in the end. God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble.

A humble person will give a child their lunch money when they see the child has no lunch instead of demanding something from the child that the child cannot give you due to having none.
Maybe you ought to humble yourself and stop bullying little children for their lunch money..
You reap what you sow in the end.
When you sow insults and humiliation you will be insulted and humiliated in the end.
Try growing up and understanding how other people perceive things instead of trying to tell them how they ought to perceive things. : :

A proud man does not know what humility means.

Psalm 22
29: Yea, to him shall all the proud of the earth bow down; before him shall bow all who go down to the dust, and he who cannot keep himself alive.
Skeptical1
Posts: 698
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 7:12:08 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/30/2016 2:35:15 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
The definition of God with a capital "G" according to Merriam-Webster is "The Supreme or Ultimate Reality". Atheists do not believe that God exists. In other words, these people don't really believe in the existence of truth. Since these people don't really believe in truth, it stands to reason that they have no way of discerning whether or not what they say is true.


Well, you know, that's assuming that they aren't someone who is identifying as an atheist because they don't know what the word "God" with a capital "G" means. However, as we all know, a TRUE atheist will spit at all evidence and even claim to be more authoritative than the dictionary on language. Ironically, in doing so, they only prove that the definition in the dictionary is accurate.

To any sincere lover of The Truth, understand that when you identify as an atheist, you are saying that "I don't believe in The Truth", among other things. This is obviously an intellectually indefensible position.


So lets make it abundantly clear.

Atheists are clowns. Take them about as seriously as you do clowns.


Now you might be saying, "Wait! I'm an atheist, and I believe there is ultimate reality! I ain't no cosmic schmuck!"

Well, news flash buddy, according to the dictionary, you aren't atheist. You can stop calling yourself a fool now.

Speaking of liars... there is a Yiddish proverb that states "A half truth is a whole lie."

Since you've deliberately cherry-picked one out of four definitions given in Merriam-Webster, I guess that makes you a liar.

The source you so kindly provided us with also states that God is "a powerful ruler." That would make Adolf Hitler and Genghis Khan both God. Better start worshipping them now, or you'll burn in hell.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 7:36:58 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/30/2016 4:33:15 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 8/30/2016 4:15:38 AM, Axonly wrote:
I typed out a long reply, I had a savage insult that would have been hilarious, I was ready to sink to your level.

But then I decided that there are enough people like you in DDO.

I don't care about your stupid insults. If I'm so wrong about what atheists believe, how come they can't do anything but call me a liar? Not once has anyone tried to correct me.

How could you even hold it against me for having the viewpoint that I do? It's written in the dictionary. I'm not being misleading, I'm being honest about what it looks like to me.

How can you hold it against atheists for having the viewpoint that they do? They are being as honest as you are in sharing their perceptions about what 'it' looks like to them.

It's right there. Why are you people so quick to assume that I'm some terrible person? It looks to me like insecurity. I'm open about what it looks like to me, and I'm not an unreasonable or hard person to talk to.

You reap what you sow. You assume atheists are terrible people and consider them to be fools so that's what you get back from them. It's no different to the story of Jesus telling fools how foolish they are. In return they saw him as a fool too and did not believe a word he said. It is a fancy version of the pot calling the kettle black and the kettles retaliating because they don't want to believe they are black.

Why do you all make it hard? You refuse to acknowledge what the dictionary says. As long as you keep doing this, I'm going to point out that you are attacking your own vain imaginings, because it has NOTHING to do with what I'm talking about. I'm talking about The Ultimate Reality. That is what God means. If you don't believe in Ultimate Reality, you've already lost. I'm not going to accept your reality anymore than you are going to accept my reality. Lets get real. There is One Ultimate Reality. If you say otherwise, you're a liar.

No one refuses to acknowledge what is written in the the dictionary any more than they refuse to acknowledge what is written in the bible. The words are evidence of themselves. However, the way people interpret those written words depends on the context in which the words are used as well as on the perceptions of the readers of the words.
Merriam Webster dictionary is the ONLY ONE I have seen which defines God as Ultimate Reality.

Oxford dictionary has no such definition.
One of the definitions of god in the oxford dictionary is...
(god)
"A greatly admired or influential person"
Do you think all atheists do not believe that greatly admired influential people exist?

The bible itself also has no such definition.
The bible defines God as Love when it says God IS Love. ( 1 John 4:8 )
Your favourite dictionary defines Love as... "a feeling of strong or constant affection for a person"

In other words the bible is saying that God is a feeling, an emotion.
Therefore you have a choice to believe the bible or the dictionary.

Your problem is that you are cherry picking definitions and trying to get atheists to believe that the one you pick is the only definition which ought to be considered when they see God with a capital G written any place.
You also fail to consider the fact that the Greek gods and the God of the bible stories are all examples of gods and the capital G makes no difference to the fact that Merriam Webster gives examples of the word GOD spelled God or god in a sentence. That dictionary has no different definition for god with a lower case g than it does for God with an upper case G.
How people wish to interpret the word depends on the context in which it has been used.

In the perception of people who believe ALL gods are mythical, the God of the bible is merely one of the many thousands of mythical gods. Even the bible IMPLIES that God is one of the gods. He ( God) is the one who rules over all the rest of the gods. ( Deut 10:7) He apparently gets angry and jealous if you worship any other gods except him ( Deut 32:16)
On the other hand, he also claims that no other gods except him exist. (Isaiah 44:8 )
Therefore it is illogical that God would get angry and jealous about people worshipping any god at all. It is like getting angry and jealous because people worship something that doesn't even exist. How childish and insecure is that?

Ultimate Reality has no anger or jealously. Those feelings or attitudes are human attributes given to gods including the God in the bible stories by the superstitious people in history who wrote about mythical gods because they had no understanding of natural forces. They personified them as gods because the powers of the forces in the universe cannot be controlled by humans and are obviously greater and stronger than any man.
That still does not make Ultimate Reality a HE of any kind.
The bible itself teaches that God is NOT a man. A man is a male figure which in English is referred to as HE.

The bible teaches that God is a SPIRIT.
Look up the word Spirit in the dictionary and try to understand it is not just referring to a ghost.
In English, Spirit is not a HE but an IT when IT refers to a force or power.

Calling God a He is merely personifying a power and giving it human qualities. The spirit ( the inner quality or nature of a person) in all humans is manifest though their bodies. Some manifest Love and some manifest Hate. Some manifest both qualities at different times. Such is the reality of human life.
Nottingham
Posts: 19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 7:41:54 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/30/2016 7:36:58 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 8/30/2016 4:33:15 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 8/30/2016 4:15:38 AM, Axonly wrote:
I typed out a long reply, I had a savage insult that would have been hilarious, I was ready to sink to your level.

But then I decided that there are enough people like you in DDO.

I don't care about your stupid insults. If I'm so wrong about what atheists believe, how come they can't do anything but call me a liar? Not once has anyone tried to correct me.

How could you even hold it against me for having the viewpoint that I do? It's written in the dictionary. I'm not being misleading, I'm being honest about what it looks like to me.

How can you hold it against atheists for having the viewpoint that they do? They are being as honest as you are in sharing their perceptions about what 'it' looks like to them.



It's right there. Why are you people so quick to assume that I'm some terrible person? It looks to me like insecurity. I'm open about what it looks like to me, and I'm not an unreasonable or hard person to talk to.

You reap what you sow. You assume atheists are terrible people and consider them to be fools so that's what you get back from them. It's no different to the story of Jesus telling fools how foolish they are. In return they saw him as a fool too and did not believe a word he said. It is a fancy version of the pot calling the kettle black and the kettles retaliating because they don't want to believe they are black.

Why do you all make it hard? You refuse to acknowledge what the dictionary says. As long as you keep doing this, I'm going to point out that you are attacking your own vain imaginings, because it has NOTHING to do with what I'm talking about. I'm talking about The Ultimate Reality. That is what God means. If you don't believe in Ultimate Reality, you've already lost. I'm not going to accept your reality anymore than you are going to accept my reality. Lets get real. There is One Ultimate Reality. If you say otherwise, you're a liar.

No one refuses to acknowledge what is written in the the dictionary any more than they refuse to acknowledge what is written in the bible. The words are evidence of themselves. However, the way people interpret those written words depends on the context in which the words are used as well as on the perceptions of the readers of the words.
Merriam Webster dictionary is the ONLY ONE I have seen which defines God as Ultimate Reality.

Oxford dictionary has no such definition.
One of the definitions of god in the oxford dictionary is...
(god)
"A greatly admired or influential person"
Do you think all atheists do not believe that greatly admired influential people exist?

The bible itself also has no such definition.
The bible defines God as Love when it says God IS Love. ( 1 John 4:8 )
Your favourite dictionary defines Love as... "a feeling of strong or constant affection for a person"

In other words the bible is saying that God is a feeling, an emotion.
Therefore you have a choice to believe the bible or the dictionary.

Your problem is that you are cherry picking definitions and trying to get atheists to believe that the one you pick is the only definition which ought to be considered when they see God with a capital G written any place.
You also fail to consider the fact that the Greek gods and the God of the bible stories are all examples of gods and the capital G makes no difference to the fact that Merriam Webster gives examples of the word GOD spelled God or god in a sentence. That dictionary has no different definition for god with a lower case g than it does for God with an upper case G.
How people wish to interpret the word depends on the context in which it has been used.

In the perception of people who believe ALL gods are mythical, the God of the bible is merely one of the many thousands of mythical gods. Even the bible IMPLIES that God is one of the gods. He ( God) is the one who rules over all the rest of the gods. ( Deut 10:7) He apparently gets angry and jealous if you worship any other gods except him ( Deut 32:16)
On the other hand, he also claims that no other gods except him exist. (Isaiah 44:8 )
Therefore it is illogical that God would get angry and jealous about people worshipping any god at all. It is like getting angry and jealous because people worship something that doesn't even exist. How childish and insecure is that?

Ultimate Reality has no anger or jealously. Those feelings or attitudes are human attributes given to gods including the God in the bible stories by the superstitious people in history who wrote about mythical gods because they had no understanding of natural forces. They personified them as gods because the powers of the forces in the universe cannot be controlled by humans and are obviously greater and stronger than any man.
That still does not make Ultimate Reality a HE of any kind.
The bible itself teaches that God is NOT a man. A man is a male figure which in English is referred to as HE.

The bible teaches that God is a SPIRIT.
Look up the word Spirit in the dictionary and try to understand it is not just referring to a ghost.
In English, Spirit is not a HE but an IT when IT refers to a force or power.

Calling God a He is merely personifying a power and giving it human qualities. The spirit ( the inner quality or nature of a person) in all humans is manifest though their bodies. Some manifest Love and some manifest Hate. Some manifest both qualities at different times. Such is the reality of human life. : :

Your quote; "In other words the bible is saying that God is a feeling, an emotion."

Where do you get the idea that "God is a feeling, an emotion" from reading words in the bible? That quote is your own interpretation which is untrue.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 7:46:13 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/30/2016 7:41:54 AM, Nottingham wrote:

Your quote; "In other words the bible is saying that God is a feeling, an emotion."

Where do you get the idea that "God is a feeling, an emotion" from reading words in the bible? That quote is your own interpretation which is untrue.

From the scripture which says God IS Love.
Since Love is a human emotion. It is not hard for intelligent people to understand how that scripture can be perceived to be implying that God is a human emotion.

However, I totally understand that those who lack intelligence might be unable to comprehend that point of view.
Nottingham
Posts: 19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 7:49:39 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/30/2016 7:46:13 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 8/30/2016 7:41:54 AM, Nottingham wrote:

Your quote; "In other words the bible is saying that God is a feeling, an emotion."

Where do you get the idea that "God is a feeling, an emotion" from reading words in the bible? That quote is your own interpretation which is untrue.

From the scripture which says God IS Love.
Since Love is a human emotion. It is not hard for intelligent people to understand how that scripture can be perceived to be implying that God is a human emotion.

Is love a human emotion or is it just a word that describes sexual attraction and other sensual bonding between two people?

However, I totally understand that those who lack intelligence might be unable to comprehend that point of view. : :

You accusations reveal the lack of God's love within you.
tarantula
Posts: 866
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 8:10:52 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/30/2016 2:35:15 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
The definition of God with a capital "G" according to Merriam-Webster is "The Supreme or Ultimate Reality". Atheists do not believe that God exists. In other words, these people don't really believe in the existence of truth. Since these people don't really believe in truth, it stands to reason that they have no way of discerning whether or not what they say is true.


Well, you know, that's assuming that they aren't someone who is identifying as an atheist because they don't know what the word "God" with a capital "G" means. However, as we all know, a TRUE atheist will spit at all evidence and even claim to be more authoritative than the dictionary on language. Ironically, in doing so, they only prove that the definition in the dictionary is accurate.

To any sincere lover of The Truth, understand that when you identify as an atheist, you are saying that "I don't believe in The Truth", among other things. This is obviously an intellectually indefensible position.


So lets make it abundantly clear.

Atheists are clowns. Take them about as seriously as you do clowns.


Now you might be saying, "Wait! I'm an atheist, and I believe there is ultimate reality! I ain't no cosmic schmuck!"

Well, news flash buddy, according to the dictionary, you aren't atheist. You can stop calling yourself a fool now.

The god of the bible doesn't deserve any respect at all, if it exists and the deeds attributed to it were true.
bulproof
Posts: 25,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 8:21:44 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
"Eternal suffering awaits anyone who questions God's infinite love"

- Bill Hicks