Jump to topic:

Muslim brothers , what do you think of

Durbodh
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 1:52:34 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
Muslim brothers , what do you think of photography? Is it forbidden as per Islam and if yes - Why?
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 2:14:23 PM
At 8/30/2016 1:52:34 PM, Durbodh wrote:
Muslim brothers , what do you think of photography? Is it forbidden as per Islam and if yes - Why?

Response: No. Photography is not forbidden. Idol worship is forbidden so picture taking with the intent to worship it as an idol is forbidden.
Durbodh
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 2:31:47 PM
At 8/30/2016 2:14:23 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: No. Photography is not forbidden. Idol worship is forbidden so picture taking with the intent to worship it as an idol is forbidden.

' the people who would be punished most severely on the day of judgement are the image makers '. Do you agree?
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 2:38:44 PM
At 8/30/2016 2:31:47 PM, Durbodh wrote:

' the people who would be punished most severely on the day of judgement are the image makers '. Do you agree?

Response: The statement refers to images of idols for worship. So yes, I agree those who make images for idol worship will be punished in the Hereafter.
Durbodh
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 2:57:30 PM
At 8/30/2016 2:38:44 PM, Fatihah wrote:
Response: The statement refers to images of idols for worship. So yes, I agree those who make images for idol worship will be punished in the Hereafter.

Do you mean all that matters is the intention of the photographer?
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 3:09:36 PM
At 8/30/2016 2:57:30 PM, Durbodh wrote:

Response: Yes. Every deed is judged by their intent in Islam. Just like a doctor who stabs you with a needle, causing you pain is not wrong cause their intent is to heal you. Just like if I have to fill the person attacking my child to save them, it is not wrong because my intent is defending my child. Similarly, picture taking is not wrong unless the intent behind it is to worship it.
YUO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 3:16:46 PM
At 8/30/2016 3:09:36 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: Yes. Every deed is judged by their intent in Islam. Just like a doctor who stabs you with a needle, causing you pain is not wrong cause their intent is to heal you. Just like if I have to fill the person attacking my child to save them, it is not wrong because my intent is defending my child. Similarly, picture taking is not wrong unless the intent behind it is to worship it. : :

I would hate to worship your god. I'm very happy to know exactly how we're created so that I don't have to be worried about the future.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 3:21:16 PM
At 8/30/2016 3:16:46 PM, YUO wrote:

Response: Yes. Every deed is judged by their intent in Islam. Just like a doctor who stabs you with a needle, causing you pain is not wrong cause their intent is to heal you. Just like if I have to fill the person attacking my child to save them, it is not wrong because my intent is defending my child. Similarly, picture taking is not wrong unless the intent behind it is to worship it. : :

I would hate to worship your god. I'm very happy to know exactly how we're created so that I don't have to be worried about the future.

Response: You can Hate to worship Allah if you want. It doesn't hurt me or Allah. It won't change the fact that Allah will judge you in the Hereafter for your lack of worship as well.
Durbodh
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 3:31:30 PM

Response: Yes. Every deed is judged by their intent in Islam. Just like a doctor who stabs you with a needle, causing you pain is not wrong cause their intent is to heal you. Just like if I have to fill the person attacking my child to save them, it is not wrong because my intent is defending my child. Similarly, picture taking is not wrong unless the intent behind it is to worship it.

This makes sense. The intention behind an action should be good.

Fatihah, do you think making an idol is not a problem unless the maker doesn't intends to worship it? ( Asking this question because I have seen some muslims in India feed their families by sculpting Ganpati idols )
YUO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 3:35:14 PM
At 8/30/2016 3:21:16 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: You can Hate to worship Allah if you want. It doesn't hurt me or Allah. It won't change the fact that Allah will judge you in the Hereafter for your lack of worship as well. : ;

Like the god of Abraham that the Jews worshiped, Jesus the god Christians worship, the Muslims worship the god of Mohammed named Allah. These are all gods that are imagined gods that they get from reading their holy books. Not one of you religious people have ever heard the voice of God and obeyed his commandments.

Deuteronomy 28:
1: And if you obey the voice of the LORD your God, being careful to do all his commandments which I command you this day, the LORD your God will set you high above all the nations of the earth.
2: And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, if you obey the voice of the LORD your God.

15: "But if you will not obey the voice of the Lord your God or be careful to do all his commandments which I command you this day, then all these curses shall come upon you and overtake you.
16: Cursed shall you be in the city, and cursed shall you be in the field.
17: Cursed shall be your basket and your kneading-trough.
18: cursed shall be the fruit of your body, and the fruit of your ground, the increase of your cattle, and the young of your flock.
19: Cursed shall you be when you come in, and cursed shall you be when you go out.
20: "the Lord will send upon you curses, confusion, and frustration, in all that you undertake to do, until you are destroyed and perish quickly, on account of the evil of your doings, because you have forsaken me.
21: The Lord will make the pestilence cleave to you until he has consumed you off the land which you are entering to take possession of it.
22: The Lord will smite you with consumption, and with fever, inflammation, and fiery heat, and with drought, and with blasting, and with mildew; they shall pursue you until you perish.
23: And the heavens over your head shall be brass, and the earth under you shall be iron.
24: The Lord will make the rain of your land powder and dust; from heaven it shall come down upon you until you are destroyed.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 3:48:34 PM
At 8/30/2016 3:31:30 PM, Durbodh wrote:

Fatihah, do you think making an idol is not a problem unless the maker doesn't intends to worship it? ( Asking this question because I have seen some muslims in India feed their families by sculpting Ganpati idols )

Response: If there is no worship, it is fine.
Durbodh
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 3:52:17 PM
YUO, I think your posts are off topic. Please don't de rail this thread. I encourage you to start a new thread.
YUO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 3:58:19 PM
At 8/30/2016 3:52:17 PM, Durbodh wrote:
YUO, I think your posts are off topic. Please don't de rail this thread. I encourage you to start a new thread. : :

My posts in this OP are on topic but you don't like the fact that Muslims are not listening to the voice of God and obeying his commandments which is necessary to learn about the future and how you're created.

Muslims are just like any other religious people who think being good is what it takes to be favored by Allah, God, or Creator. It isn't the control of your sins that make you holy, it's if you listen to the voice of God and obey his commandments that bless your life with knowledge about Allah's plan for His creation.
Durbodh
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 3:58:49 PM
At 8/30/2016 3:48:34 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 8/30/2016 3:31:30 PM, Durbodh wrote:

Response: If there is no worship, it is fine.

Why does worship count as bad intent?
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 4:09:48 PM
At 8/30/2016 3:35:14 PM, YUO wrote:

Like the god of Abraham that the Jews worshiped, Jesus the god Christians worship, the Muslims worship the god of Mohammed named Allah. These are all gods that are imagined gods that they get from reading their holy books. Not one of you religious people have ever heard the voice of God and obeyed his commandments.

Deuteronomy 28:
1: And if you obey the voice of the LORD your God, being careful to do all his commandments which I command you this day, the LORD your God will set you high above all the nations of the earth.
2: And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, if you obey the voice of the LORD your God.

15: "But if you will not obey the voice of the Lord your God or be careful to do all his commandments which I command you this day, then all these curses shall come upon you and overtake you.
18: cursed shall be the fruit of your body, and the fruit of your ground, the increase of your cattle, and the young of your flock.
19: Cursed shall you be when you come in, and cursed shall you be when you go out.
20: "the Lord will send upon you curses, confusion, and frustration, in all that you undertake to do, until you are destroyed and perish quickly, on account of the evil of your doings, because you have forsaken me.
21: The Lord will make the pestilence cleave to you until he has consumed you off the land which you are entering to take possession of it.
22: The Lord will smite you with consumption, and with fever, inflammation, and fiery heat, and with drought, and with blasting, and with mildew; they shall pursue you until you perish.
23: And the heavens over your head shall be brass, and the earth under you shall be iron.
24: The Lord will make the rain of your land powder and dust; from heaven it shall come down upon you until you are destroyed.

Response: " And verily, we have sent among every community a Messenger proclaiming "Worship Allah alone and avoid all false deities. Then of them were some whom Allah guided and of them some whom the straying was justified. So travel through the land and see what was the end of those who denied (An-Nahl 16:36).
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 4:12:30 PM
At 8/30/2016 3:58:49 PM, Durbodh wrote:

Why does worship count as bad intent?

Response: Worship is not bad intent. Intending to worship another as God other than Allah is bad because Allah deserves such praise alone.
YUO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 4:18:20 PM
At 8/30/2016 4:09:48 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Deuteronomy 28:

Response: " And verily, we have sent among every community a Messenger proclaiming "Worship Allah alone and avoid all false deities. Then of them were some whom Allah guided and of them some whom the straying was justified. So travel through the land and see what was the end of those who denied (An-Nahl 16:36). : :

Forget about what's written in the books. Have you ever heard the voice of God speak into your mind with commands?
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 4:21:28 PM

Unless it's the kaaba stone. Then idolotry is fine but called something else to feel good about the act.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 4:22:09 PM
At 8/30/2016 2:31:47 PM, Durbodh wrote:

Like the kaaba stone?
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 4:25:41 PM

Response: You can Hate to worship Allah if you want. It doesn't hurt me or Allah. It won't change the fact that Allah will judge you in the Hereafter for your lack of worship as well. : ;

Deuteronomy 28:

No one has met your invisible magic god who created reality from nothing in a regress of of infinite causality using magic as his weapon of choice from Never Never Land where he resides apparently.

YUO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 4:31:06 PM
At 8/30/2016 4:25:41 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Deuteronomy 28:

No one has met your invisible magic god who created reality from nothing in a regress of of infinite causality using magic as his weapon of choice from Never Never Land where he resides apparently. : :

You're right. No one has ever met our Creator who is totally INVISIBLE to his creation. That's why he used the technology that he created a simulation with to get in touch with some of his chosen characters who would be used to write and speak every word that was formed in their minds from the technology. This is the only way he could reveal his plan for us and how we were created through this technology that taught me everything our Creator wanted me to know before the character writing this post is killed.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 4:34:35 PM
At 8/30/2016 4:31:06 PM, YUO wrote:

Deuteronomy 28:

No one has met your invisible magic god who created reality from nothing in a regress of of infinite causality using magic as his weapon of choice from Never Never Land where he resides apparently. : :

You're right. No one has ever met our Creator who is totally INVISIBLE to his creation. That's why he used the technology that he created a simulation with to get in touch with some of his chosen characters who would be used to write and speak every word that was formed in their minds from the technology. This is the only way he could reveal his plan for us and how we were created through this technology that taught me everything our Creator wanted me to know before the character writing this post is killed.

Fair enough. You came off as an atheist in your last post. I was actually poking fun at atheism's god who in his nothingness has magical abilities.

Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 4:38:34 PM
At 8/30/2016 4:18:20 PM, YUO wrote:
Forget about what's written in the books. Have you ever heard the voice of God speak into your mind with commands?

Response: The recitation known as the Qur'an that is written in a book is the word of Allah. and meant by Allah to guide humanity. Therefore, it is unfitting to forget it, but to follow it.

Allah also does not speak directly to anyone except a prophet, which neither you nor me nor anyone living is a prophet. So none of us has heard the voice of the true God and those claiming to have are deluded.
YUO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 4:40:25 PM
At 8/30/2016 4:34:35 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 8/30/2016 4:31:06 PM, YUO wrote:

Deuteronomy 28:

Fair enough. You came off as an atheist in your last post. I was actually poking fun at atheism's god who in his nothingness has magical abilities. : :

An atheist is just one of God's characters who was used in his simulation to confuse his religious people who have never heard the voice of God and obeyed his commandments. It's very easy for atheists to see that religious people are hypocrites who cannot live according to the commandments of God that they judge other people with.
YUO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 4:41:57 PM
At 8/30/2016 4:38:34 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: The recitation known as the Qur'an that is written in a book is the word of Allah. and meant by Allah to guide humanity. Therefore, it is unfitting to forget it, but to follow it.

Allah also does not speak directly to anyone except a prophet, which neither you nor me nor anyone living is a prophet. So none of us has heard the voice of the true God and those claiming to have are deluded.: :

You're nothing but a liar according to my perspective, which is the voice of God.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 4:44:24 PM
At 8/30/2016 4:41:57 PM, YUO wrote:

Allah also does not speak directly to anyone except a prophet, which neither you nor me nor anyone living is a prophet. So none of us has heard the voice of the true God and those claiming to have are deluded.: :

You're nothing but a liar according to my perspective, which is the voice of God.

Response: Perspective from a deluded person means nothing.
YUO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 4:47:46 PM
At 8/30/2016 4:44:24 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: Perspective from a deluded person means nothing. : :

I am the ONE that the biblical prophecies are about. Allah used ME to create everything that you experience called LIFE.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 4:56:22 PM
At 8/30/2016 4:47:46 PM, YUO wrote:

I am the ONE that the biblical prophecies are about. Allah used ME to create everything that you experience called LIFE.

Response: Cocaine is a hell of a drug.
YUO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 5:16:58 PM
At 8/30/2016 4:56:22 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 8/30/2016 4:47:46 PM, YUO wrote:

Response: Cocaine is a hell of a drug. : :

I have heard that by a few of my friends who have used that drug. It's been over 36 years ago since the character typing this post has been under the influence of any drug or alcohol.
Durbodh
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 5:30:00 PM
Fatihah,

Why would a sculptor make idols?

Of course - he makes it for idol worshippers.

Let's say you click a photo and do not intend to worship it.

But you sell / gift it to a friend who worships photos / idols.

Didn't you facilitate the sinner commit the sin?

Another example - A guy works in egg transportation.

He is strictly against non veg food and thinks eating egg is the most sinful thing in this world.

Why do you think there is no problem with his intention?

Doesn't he act as a facilitator?

There is no way to know for what purpose the idol or photo is being used when you are not around ( or dead ).

One man's tool are other man's weapons.

You may very well ridicule a man who uses Skype for talking to computers.

Muslims did not allow pictures in their architecture, why? Because they could not help but worship it?

Muslims stare at blank walls during prayer, with absolutely no point of focus.

Image maker means one who makes images.

There is no mention of intention at all.