Jump to topic:

Who is BoG, and why was he banned?

NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 7:26:18 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
I've been hearing a lot about the user "bornofgod" lately.

My only questions are: 1) Who the heck is he? 2) Why was he banned?
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 7:49:57 PM
Because his form of wingnuttery is apparently less acceptable than the wingnuttery of every other wingnut on this forum.

It's not like he's really all that atypical. He's a gnostic, like others on this forum. The main thing that seems to distinguishes him is that he's more bold about it.

So I guess my real answer is, hell if I know. I'm out of my element. I'm curious myself.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
Casten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 8:12:45 PM
I have no idea. I've just been making up stories.

1) He was an escaped mental patient from a CIA lab that was trying to determine the effects of LSD on people who had been lobotomized. They chose him because he had no social security number or address; he was found wandering in a park one day, chanting, "No say'um, no say'um." He wore a muumuu when they found him. I don't know if that's relevant. The muumuu was patterned with large purple ducks, all with wide-eyed expressions as if they had just seen something horrible.

2) He was banned for posting a video of himself having knowledge with a rooster. He had taped a picture of Richard Dawkins on one side of the rooster, and a picture of Pope Francis on the other side. He shouted things during the video -- "The circle has two sides! The circle has two sides!" and "Behold the glory!" and "ENLIGHTENMENT! I REACH ENLIGHTENMENT!" -- but they were fairly unintelligible. Debate.org contacted the appropriate animal protection agencies and he was briefly incarcerated for inhumane treatment. The rooster recovered, though it now struggles with PTSD and questions of gender identity.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 8:21:37 PM
At 8/30/2016 7:26:18 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:

My only questions are: 1) Who the heck is he? 2)

He's Brad, singer/songwriter/guitar player extraordinaire, a great entertainer.

https://www.youtube.com...

Why was he banned?

Extreme jealousy from the DDO elite.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 8:43:14 PM
I think he says some pretty good stuff from time to time. I don't really understand why he's persecuted so heavily.

Must be a conspiracy.

Dun dun dun.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 9:00:22 PM

Brad, aka BornofGod. He was banned for derailing threads by consistently posting the exact same concept (whether it was on topic or not) in many threads. As you may know, he is still here under ever changing aliases. He makes a new username once his current one gets

I don't have any issue with him as he is a genuinely nice guy, but people complained and he was banned.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 9:01:19 PM

His current incarnation is YUO, I suggest you ask him.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 9:38:10 PM
At 8/30/2016 8:43:14 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
I think he says some pretty good stuff from time to time. I don't really understand why he's persecuted so heavily.

Must be a conspiracy.

Dun dun dun.

BoG is a Christian that Christians love to hate because God found Brad when he wasn't even looking for God and now he cannot stop talking about it.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 9:58:26 PM
Really, I'm sure there are other people who post here everyday that are just as deserving or more deserving of being banned. I'm not saying that anyone should be banned, mind you. I think the ban on BOG should be lifted.

Give him another shot, I say.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 10:03:04 PM
At 8/30/2016 9:58:26 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Really, I'm sure there are other people who post here everyday that are just as deserving or more deserving of being banned.

I've never encountered anyone on here more deserving of a ban.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 10:30:48 PM
At 8/30/2016 10:03:04 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/30/2016 9:58:26 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Really, I'm sure there are other people who post here everyday that are just as deserving or more deserving of being banned.

I've never encountered anyone on here more deserving of a ban.

That bad huh? What's your side of the story?
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 11:12:39 PM

NLC, Brad's a long-time member who was banned last year for disruptively proselytising his own faith (a personal belief in his own sainthood, and in the illusory nature of the world) in pretty much every thread he ever contributed to, whether it was directly relevant or not. Moderator Airmax advised the forum that Brad had been given more than one chance to keep his contributions relevant, without success, and finally his membership was terminated.

Brad is now notorious for coming back intermittently under new aliases, spamming his beliefs in whatever thread interests him, greeting members who recall him, and then getting banned again.

Brad is serially disruptive but not exactly trollish since he doesn't seek to provoke members so much as say what he thinks -- and his interests in religion are narrow and self-focused. Despite outraging many religious and irreligious members with his claims, he's also kind and polite to talk to, and quite a good guitarist. He sometimes complains that it's unfair he was banned when other members have at times been just as disruptive and more trollish. Whether that's an argument for unbanning him, or ejecting our less respectful members, is unclear. :)
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 11:53:37 PM
Considering how bad some of the trolls are around here, I don't think he could possibly be much worse.
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 12:22:46 AM

My only questions are: 1) Who the heck is he?

He is a schizophrenic man who had a period of seizures that he thinks was god changing him and turning him into the last prophet and voice of god.

2) Why was he banned?

He derailed many threads, made too many non-productive and off topic replies, etc.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 1:55:37 AM
At 8/30/2016 11:12:39 PM, RuvDraba wrote:

NLC, Brad's a long-time member who was banned last year for disruptively proselytising his own faith (a personal belief in his own sainthood, and in the illusory nature of the world) in pretty much every thread he ever contributed to, whether it was directly relevant or not. Moderator Airmax advised the forum that Brad had been given more than one chance to keep his contributions relevant, without success, and finally his membership was terminated.

Brad is now notorious for coming back intermittently under new aliases, spamming his beliefs in whatever thread interests him, greeting members who recall him, and then getting banned again.

Brad is serially disruptive but not exactly trollish since he doesn't seek to provoke members so much as say what he thinks -- and his interests in religion are narrow and self-focused. Despite outraging many religious and irreligious members with his claims, he's also kind and polite to talk to, and quite a good guitarist.

I would challenge this notion that Brad is a misunderstood nice guy (his ability on guitar being neither here nor there). He has a nasty streak which he displays at the slightest hint of criticism. You won't have noticed it unless you have been critical of his behaviour and been serious about it instead of merely giving him a gentle chiding. Airmax has certainly been on the receiving end of his nastiness and so have many others, including myself. He is engaged in some persistent and vindictive character assassination via his sock-puppets even as we speak.

The molly-coddling of this disturbed individual by some in this forum is, in my humble opinion, dangerous folly. He readily admits that he recognizes no man-made rules and is a law unto himself. Witness the fact that he constantly disregards speed limits because "it helps to keep me awake". He puts other people's lives in danger for his own selfish purposes. Instead of seeking medical attention for whatever condition afflicts him or voluntarily taking himself off the road in the interests of safety, he instead takes the unwarranted risk of wiping out some innocent family as he hares down the highway to keep himself from micro-sleeps.

This total disregard for any authority other than his own is of course manifested here in this forum where he refuses to accept the rules of the moderator of this site. It's not like he wasn't given opportunities to change his behaviour. He either can't or won't. Instead he now flaunts his ability to circumvent the terms of use of the site and openly taunts anyone who believes in the concept of fair play.

Kind and polite? I think not. More like rude, selfish and arrogant unless you grant him his perpetual soap-box.

He sometimes complains that it's unfair he was banned when other members have at times been just as disruptive and more trollish. Whether that's an argument for unbanning him, or ejecting our less respectful members, is unclear. :)
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 2:10:30 AM
At 8/31/2016 1:55:37 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/30/2016 11:12:39 PM, RuvDraba wrote:

Brad is serially disruptive but not exactly trollish since he doesn't seek to provoke members so much as say what he thinks -- and his interests in religion are narrow and self-focused. Despite outraging many religious and irreligious members with his claims, he's also kind and polite to talk to, and quite a good guitarist.

Brad [...] has a nasty streak which he displays at the slightest hint of criticism. You won't have noticed it unless you have been critical of his behaviour and been serious about it instead of merely giving him a gentle chiding.
As you know, Dee, I tend not to pull punches here about behaviour I think poor. I've criticised BoG quite bluntly on his disruption before, and he has threatened to call me an Antichrist. :) From that I gather that he has strong emotional reactions and not a great deal of impulse control over his language. :)

I've also noted his disruption without criticising it, and he has gotten on with me fine. In no sense am I condoning his disruption, and he knows I don't. The part he objects to is being made to feel bad about doing it, since he doesn't feel bad, and doesn't want people to try and coerce those feelings in him. :) He's said repeatedly that he won't manage his interjections for anyone else's sake, and Airmax has formed the view that it can't be managed, and that's the state of play. I don't believe trying to hurt him further is productive, and don't myself see the point in being outraged about it since it's not meant malignantly anyway.

I'm not making apologies for him, and am not lobbying to lift the ban, but he is among the more misunderstood participants here, simply because his mind doesn't work the way we normally expect minds to work (and in a forum like this one, that says a lot :D) But he does have his own logic. :)
Pbody
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 5:52:02 AM

My only questions are: 1) Who the heck is he? 2) Why was he banned? : :

bornofgod was involved in Debate.org until a few members who hated him forced the head moderator to ban him. There is no freedom of speech when it comes to internet forums. If a few members in a forum don't like another member, they push to get him banned. This is what happened to bornofgod.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 5:55:07 AM
Mercy triumphs over judgement. Forgive BoG, I say.

Is he an agent of chaos? Is not Discordianism even recognized as a religion on DDO? That says enough for me.

For the sake of Eris, I say.
Pbody
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 6:18:32 AM
At 8/31/2016 5:55:07 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

Is he an agent of chaos? Is not Discordianism even recognized as a religion on DDO? That says enough for me.

For the sake of Eris, I say. : :

bornofgod understand this passage very well;

Jeremiah 6
10: To whom shall I speak and give warning, that they may hear? Behold, their ears are closed, they cannot listen; behold, the word of the LORD is to them an object of scorn, they take no pleasure in it.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 6:28:16 AM
At 8/31/2016 6:18:32 AM, Pbody wrote:

Jeremiah 6
10: To whom shall I speak and give warning, that they may hear? Behold, their ears are closed, they cannot listen; behold, the word of the LORD is to them an object of scorn, they take no pleasure in it.

Many thanks for that interjection, BoG.
Pbody
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 6:29:21 AM
At 8/31/2016 6:28:16 AM, desmac wrote:

Jeremiah 6

Many thanks for that interjection, BoG. : :

Why are you thanking BoG? He was banned a long time ago.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 6:30:27 AM
At 8/31/2016 6:29:21 AM, Pbody wrote:

Jeremiah 6

But you take no notice of bans, BoG.
Pbody
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 6:31:31 AM
At 8/31/2016 6:30:27 AM, desmac wrote:

Jeremiah 6

But you take no notice of bans, BoG. : :

What does the word "ban" mean to those of us who don't believe in it?
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 6:33:14 AM
At 8/31/2016 6:31:31 AM, Pbody wrote:

Jeremiah 6

Religionists can make any word mean whatever they want it to mean.
Pbody
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 6:35:27 AM
At 8/31/2016 6:33:14 AM, desmac wrote:
At 8/31/2016 6:31:31 AM, Pbody wrote:

Jeremiah 6

Religionists can make any word mean whatever they want it to mean. : :

You're right about religious people because they have never known ME.
tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 7:28:13 AM
BoG appears to have mental health problems, which is sad.

However, there are some other posters who are extremely nasty who use religion as an excuse for their evil homophobic bigotry. If god exists and was really anti-gay, as well as all the other highly unpleasant things attributed to it, we should be doing our best to rid the universe of it.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 8:02:28 AM

Pbody is BoG, enjoy chatting with him.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 10:03:59 AM

My only questions are: 1) Who the heck is he?

He's a banned (but still posting) member who suffers from a mental disorder where he thinks he is god. He is contradictory and illogical, sometimes calling himself the voice of god, and sometimes god himself.

He has a youtube channel. He has been banned from more than 100 websites. He has had a sordid life all of which he has posted to the net at some time or other.

He is nice as long as you treat his delusion as normal behavior. Question or doubt his claims and you become one of unchosen who cannot/will not recognize his godship.

Just like all cults, (Mormons, JW's, CS, etc) He believes all Christians are in error and only He has the real truth. He believes the world we see is an illusion, or a "dream" of God, and everyone must listen to him to be "saved".

A couple of years ago, he claimed that God had revealed to him that he was to be killed. He knew the date and time but would not reveal it. He only told us that his death was sure before a certain date. The date came and passed, he has no reasonable explanation for why he is still alive. If you press him, you are tossed into the "unchosen" bin and he simply goes back to his drone that he is the voice of god, no christian understands, and everything is an illusion.

2) Why was he banned?

Because he kept entering posts with the same rant. Regardless of the topic of the thread, BoG would post,

1. No one (especially Christians) knew the truth except him.
2. Everything was an illusion, and
3. He was the voice/mind/prophet of God

People got tired of the noobs, not knowing he was mentally handicapped, going through the same stale convo of discovery over and over again. It got to the point that people bailed from threads as soon as someone seriously engaged him.

The thing is, DDO is not a democracy. The Mod felt BoG was detrimental to the site. He asked BoG to modify his behavior and BoG refused to. The Mods do not need approval from members to ban anyone and do not need to explain their decisions to any members. Members, of course, can disagree with a Mods decision, but the Mod is in no way beholden to the members POV.

BoG's behavior after his banning, has demonstrated that the Mods initial assessment of him was correct and the decision to ban appropiate. He lacks respect, self-control, and integrety. But this is to be expected as BoG is seriously deranged. Unbanning him now would make a mockery of the rule of law and erode the authority of the site to decide what behavior it will tolerate. Someone pays for this site we use freely. That person has the right to decide what behavior he will accept and what he will not.

Several members here know BoG in RL and I think some have actually met him. I once watched an interview of BoG on youtube made by a member or former member here. Why none of them alerted his family to his condition is a mystery. Or if they did, why his family continues to allow him to live as a hobo, breaking the law and endangering people without restraint.

We currently have only 2 members who are certifiably mentally challenged. One a theist and the other an atheist. It is to my consternation that both of them are regulars on the religion forum. Both should be banned for the exact same reason BoG was banned.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Airmax

It is amazing to me that the board has not been able to completely block BoG. It can be done easily. If your issue is technical know-how, I can help or have a pal of mine in the US assist. If the problem is something else, then just ignore my offer.

Good Luck.
Pbody
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 10:08:28 AM
At 8/31/2016 7:28:13 AM, tarantula wrote:
BoG appears to have mental health problems, which is sad.

However, there are some other posters who are extremely nasty who use religion as an excuse for their evil homophobic bigotry. If god exists and was really anti-gay, as well as all the other highly unpleasant things attributed to it, we should be doing our best to rid the universe of it. : :

Psychologists use more than appearance to make a diagnosis. It's a good thing you're not a psychologist or you would be broke.
Pbody
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 10:10:14 AM
At 8/31/2016 8:02:28 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

Pbody is BoG, enjoy chatting with him. : :

You're a very observant gossiper.