Total Posts:29|Showing Posts:1-29
Jump to topic:

Religious experience

janesix
Posts: 3,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 9:26:40 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
Have you ever had a religious experience?

What was your experience like, and why would you describe it as religious?
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 3:43:39 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/30/2016 9:26:40 PM, janesix wrote:
Have you ever had a religious experience?

Define " religious experience".

What was your experience like, and why would you describe it as religious?

Would you consider church attendance a religious experience because of experiencing what it was like to be part of a religious congregation which worshipped God?

Would you consider experiencing an altered state of mind through use of drugs or alcohol a religious experience if while in that state you imagined supernatural beings floating around in space or felt some unusual phenomenon like the presence of some ghost in the same room as you were?

Would you consider experiencing a delusion or hallucination a religious experience?
janesix
Posts: 3,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 6:10:56 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/31/2016 3:43:39 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 8/30/2016 9:26:40 PM, janesix wrote:
Have you ever had a religious experience?

Define " religious experience".

I am interested in what people think is a religious experience. It is subjective. I want to know what THEY think is a religious experience.

What was your experience like, and why would you describe it as religious?

Would you consider church attendance a religious experience because of experiencing what it was like to be part of a religious congregation which worshipped God?

Would you consider experiencing an altered state of mind through use of drugs or alcohol a religious experience if while in that state you imagined supernatural beings floating around in space or felt some unusual phenomenon like the presence of some ghost in the same room as you were?

Would you consider experiencing a delusion or hallucination a religious experience?
Pbody
Posts: 47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 6:15:04 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/30/2016 9:26:40 PM, janesix wrote:
Have you ever had a religious experience?

What was your experience like, and why would you describe it as religious? : :

Most people have religious experiences and some of us have spiritual experiences. There's a big difference between the two.
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 6:16:03 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
Like the realization of God.

When God becomes real.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
Pbody
Posts: 47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 6:24:58 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/31/2016 6:16:03 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Like the realization of God.

When God becomes real. : :

Yes !! A spiritual connection is much different than a religious connection that happens when you get around religious people who use the power of suggestion to influence your mind that their religious false deities can change your life.

A spiritual connection happens without any person influencing your mind. The voice of God is the ONE who is influencing your mind with a spiritual connection.
Otokage
Posts: 2,352
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 7:41:27 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/30/2016 9:26:40 PM, janesix wrote:
Have you ever had a religious experience?

What was your experience like, and why would you describe it as religious?

I had a dream in which two angels appeared in my room and asked me if I wanted to see God. I said yeah why not, and they took me by the hands and we flew over my city, then some mountains, then the ocean and the clouds. Then I got scared because I started seeing the sky becoming darker and darker as we reached the troposphere, and I was like: hey maybe YOU can survive in outer space but I'm pretty sure I can't so stop. And they simply started laughing with that "what's with this fool" expression in their faces. We reached outer space and I could breathe just fine, go figure, and then they told me I could get nausea because we were about to travel like... 1000 times faster than the speed of light (don't remember the correct number but I was like WTF............), and so we did till we reached a kind of pink/purple galaxy or nebula, and in the center there was a huge crowd of rare creatures, like angels, gigantic snakes with human faces, manticores, and some other bizarre animals I do not even remember properly. God was in the center with a red and blue tunic, sit in lotus possition and playing a wooden flute. His face was really weird like painted by Picasso and in movement, meaning his eyes, nose, etc would float around the face like boats over the water, and he had a pyramidal head. Lots of white light was behind him, like it was the center of the galaxy just exactly behind him. He answered my questions telepathically and he had a slightly feminine but resonant voice. "He" said his form was different for each individual and revealed the desires of the individual. I asked many things, don't remember exactly, but I do remember his answers were very cryptic and sometimes nonsensical, he really wasn't on point most of the time which frustrated me greatly because I had this feeling I needed to build the question just perfectly or he would not be able to answer it properly.
Pbody
Posts: 47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 10:16:54 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/31/2016 7:41:27 AM, Otokage wrote:
At 8/30/2016 9:26:40 PM, janesix wrote:
Have you ever had a religious experience?

What was your experience like, and why would you describe it as religious?

I had a dream in which two angels appeared in my room and asked me if I wanted to see God. I said yeah why not, and they took me by the hands and we flew over my city, then some mountains, then the ocean and the clouds. Then I got scared because I started seeing the sky becoming darker and darker as we reached the troposphere, and I was like: hey maybe YOU can survive in outer space but I'm pretty sure I can't so stop. And they simply started laughing with that "what's with this fool" expression in their faces. We reached outer space and I could breathe just fine, go figure, and then they told me I could get nausea because we were about to travel like... 1000 times faster than the speed of light (don't remember the correct number but I was like WTF............), and so we did till we reached a kind of pink/purple galaxy or nebula, and in the center there was a huge crowd of rare creatures, like angels, gigantic snakes with human faces, manticores, and some other bizarre animals I do not even remember properly. God was in the center with a red and blue tunic, sit in lotus possition and playing a wooden flute. His face was really weird like painted by Picasso and in movement, meaning his eyes, nose, etc would float around the face like boats over the water, and he had a pyramidal head. Lots of white light was behind him, like it was the center of the galaxy just exactly behind him. He answered my questions telepathically and he had a slightly feminine but resonant voice. "He" said his form was different for each individual and revealed the desires of the individual. I asked many things, don't remember exactly, but I do remember his answers were very cryptic and sometimes nonsensical, he really wasn't on point most of the time which frustrated me greatly because I had this feeling I needed to build the question just perfectly or he would not be able to answer it properly. : :

I have met many people in the past 8 years who have came to believe there's a Creator through dream experiences like this but not all of them are chosen believers who listen to the gospel and obey it's commands.
Otokage
Posts: 2,352
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 12:50:36 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/31/2016 10:16:54 AM, Pbody wrote:
At 8/31/2016 7:41:27 AM, Otokage wrote:
At 8/30/2016 9:26:40 PM, janesix wrote:
Have you ever had a religious experience?

What was your experience like, and why would you describe it as religious?

I had a dream in which two angels appeared in my room and asked me if I wanted to see God. I said yeah why not, and they took me by the hands and we flew over my city, then some mountains, then the ocean and the clouds. Then I got scared because I started seeing the sky becoming darker and darker as we reached the troposphere, and I was like: hey maybe YOU can survive in outer space but I'm pretty sure I can't so stop. And they simply started laughing with that "what's with this fool" expression in their faces. We reached outer space and I could breathe just fine, go figure, and then they told me I could get nausea because we were about to travel like... 1000 times faster than the speed of light (don't remember the correct number but I was like WTF............), and so we did till we reached a kind of pink/purple galaxy or nebula, and in the center there was a huge crowd of rare creatures, like angels, gigantic snakes with human faces, manticores, and some other bizarre animals I do not even remember properly. God was in the center with a red and blue tunic, sit in lotus possition and playing a wooden flute. His face was really weird like painted by Picasso and in movement, meaning his eyes, nose, etc would float around the face like boats over the water, and he had a pyramidal head. Lots of white light was behind him, like it was the center of the galaxy just exactly behind him. He answered my questions telepathically and he had a slightly feminine but resonant voice. "He" said his form was different for each individual and revealed the desires of the individual. I asked many things, don't remember exactly, but I do remember his answers were very cryptic and sometimes nonsensical, he really wasn't on point most of the time which frustrated me greatly because I had this feeling I needed to build the question just perfectly or he would not be able to answer it properly. : :

I have met many people in the past 8 years who have came to believe there's a Creator through dream experiences like this but not all of them are chosen believers who listen to the gospel and obey it's commands.

I find it very odd that someone would believe in God because of a dream. If I believed everything I dream about I would be in a mental asylum by now.
Pbody
Posts: 47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 1:07:49 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/31/2016 12:50:36 PM, Otokage wrote:
At 8/31/2016 10:16:54 AM, Pbody wrote:
At 8/31/2016 7:41:27 AM, Otokage wrote:
At 8/30/2016 9:26:40 PM, janesix wrote:
Have you ever had a religious experience?

What was your experience like, and why would you describe it as religious?

I had a dream in which two angels appeared in my room and asked me if I wanted to see God. I said yeah why not, and they took me by the hands and we flew over my city, then some mountains, then the ocean and the clouds. Then I got scared because I started seeing the sky becoming darker and darker as we reached the troposphere, and I was like: hey maybe YOU can survive in outer space but I'm pretty sure I can't so stop. And they simply started laughing with that "what's with this fool" expression in their faces. We reached outer space and I could breathe just fine, go figure, and then they told me I could get nausea because we were about to travel like... 1000 times faster than the speed of light (don't remember the correct number but I was like WTF............), and so we did till we reached a kind of pink/purple galaxy or nebula, and in the center there was a huge crowd of rare creatures, like angels, gigantic snakes with human faces, manticores, and some other bizarre animals I do not even remember properly. God was in the center with a red and blue tunic, sit in lotus possition and playing a wooden flute. His face was really weird like painted by Picasso and in movement, meaning his eyes, nose, etc would float around the face like boats over the water, and he had a pyramidal head. Lots of white light was behind him, like it was the center of the galaxy just exactly behind him. He answered my questions telepathically and he had a slightly feminine but resonant voice. "He" said his form was different for each individual and revealed the desires of the individual. I asked many things, don't remember exactly, but I do remember his answers were very cryptic and sometimes nonsensical, he really wasn't on point most of the time which frustrated me greatly because I had this feeling I needed to build the question just perfectly or he would not be able to answer it properly. : :

I have met many people in the past 8 years who have came to believe there's a Creator through dream experiences like this but not all of them are chosen believers who listen to the gospel and obey it's commands.

I find it very odd that someone would believe in God because of a dream. If I believed everything I dream about I would be in a mental asylum by now. : :

It is an odd way for our Creator's voice to connect with the characters in his simulation program but once you've experienced this voice for over 36 years, you get used to the idea that the voice of God is how we experience life.
cedertree
Posts: 21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 4:43:48 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
I had a spiritual experience as there was no one around to facilitate what I felt.
That said it was most certainly NOT Christian. In fact it wasn't any religion at all.
People have had spiritual experiences for thousands of years across the board of religious and non-religious alike. That alone seems to make upholding ones faith over others for the purpose of putting it to others as truth for all absurd.
PureX
Posts: 1,528
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 4:59:09 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/31/2016 4:43:48 PM, cedertree wrote:
I had a spiritual experience as there was no one around to facilitate what I felt.
That said it was most certainly NOT Christian. In fact it wasn't any religion at all.
People have had spiritual experiences for thousands of years across the board of religious and non-religious alike. That alone seems to make upholding ones faith over others for the purpose of putting it to others as truth for all absurd.

I agree. I have also has such a "spiritual experience", when I was very young. There was nothing 'religious' about it, though at such an age, I wouldn't have known what defined religion, anyway. (I was about 5 or 6 years old).

To this day I don't know what to make of it. It was an extraordinary experience that far surpassed anything I would have been capable of imagining on my own if it was somehow self-induced. Yet I have no way of explaining it, otherwise. It was absolutely transcendental.

Interestingly, I feel no real need to explain it or de-mystify it. Nor have I ever felt any compulsion to repeat it. Though there was nothing 'bad' or 'scary' about it. It was amazing and wonderful, and that was that. There was no 'message' except that I knew I was greatly loved and appreciated.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 8:36:57 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/31/2016 7:41:27 AM, Otokage wrote:
At 8/30/2016 9:26:40 PM, janesix wrote:
Have you ever had a religious experience?

What was your experience like, and why would you describe it as religious?

I had a dream in which two angels appeared in my room and asked me if I wanted to see God. I said yeah why not, and they took me by the hands and we flew over my city, then some mountains, then the ocean and the clouds. Then I got scared because I started seeing the sky becoming darker and darker as we reached the troposphere, and I was like: hey maybe YOU can survive in outer space but I'm pretty sure I can't so stop. And they simply started laughing with that "what's with this fool" expression in their faces. We reached outer space and I could breathe just fine, go figure, and then they told me I could get nausea because we were about to travel like... 1000 times faster than the speed of light (don't remember the correct number but I was like WTF............), and so we did till we reached a kind of pink/purple galaxy or nebula, and in the center there was a huge crowd of rare creatures, like angels, gigantic snakes with human faces, manticores, and some other bizarre animals I do not even remember properly. God was in the center with a red and blue tunic, sit in lotus possition and playing a wooden flute. His face was really weird like painted by Picasso and in movement, meaning his eyes, nose, etc would float around the face like boats over the water, and he had a pyramidal head. Lots of white light was behind him, like it was the center of the galaxy just exactly behind him. He answered my questions telepathically and he had a slightly feminine but resonant voice. "He" said his form was different for each individual and revealed the desires of the individual. I asked many things, don't remember exactly, but I do remember his answers were very cryptic and sometimes nonsensical, he really wasn't on point most of the time which frustrated me greatly because I had this feeling I needed to build the question just perfectly or he would not be able to answer it properly.

The above writing is creative but not at all believable. It did entertain me though.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 8:38:50 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/31/2016 6:16:03 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Like the realization of God.

When God becomes real.

Is that the same kind of experience as when children realise that Santa is really their grandfather and not a magic man with flying reindeer at all ?
Otokage
Posts: 2,352
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 8:39:52 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/31/2016 8:36:57 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 8/31/2016 7:41:27 AM, Otokage wrote:
At 8/30/2016 9:26:40 PM, janesix wrote:
Have you ever had a religious experience?

What was your experience like, and why would you describe it as religious?

I had a dream in which two angels appeared in my room and asked me if I wanted to see God. I said yeah why not, and they took me by the hands and we flew over my city, then some mountains, then the ocean and the clouds. Then I got scared because I started seeing the sky becoming darker and darker as we reached the troposphere, and I was like: hey maybe YOU can survive in outer space but I'm pretty sure I can't so stop. And they simply started laughing with that "what's with this fool" expression in their faces. We reached outer space and I could breathe just fine, go figure, and then they told me I could get nausea because we were about to travel like... 1000 times faster than the speed of light (don't remember the correct number but I was like WTF............), and so we did till we reached a kind of pink/purple galaxy or nebula, and in the center there was a huge crowd of rare creatures, like angels, gigantic snakes with human faces, manticores, and some other bizarre animals I do not even remember properly. God was in the center with a red and blue tunic, sit in lotus possition and playing a wooden flute. His face was really weird like painted by Picasso and in movement, meaning his eyes, nose, etc would float around the face like boats over the water, and he had a pyramidal head. Lots of white light was behind him, like it was the center of the galaxy just exactly behind him. He answered my questions telepathically and he had a slightly feminine but resonant voice. "He" said his form was different for each individual and revealed the desires of the individual. I asked many things, don't remember exactly, but I do remember his answers were very cryptic and sometimes nonsensical, he really wasn't on point most of the time which frustrated me greatly because I had this feeling I needed to build the question just perfectly or he would not be able to answer it properly.

The above writing is creative but not at all believable. It did entertain me though.

I honestly don't know what to answer... Are you saying you don't believe I had that dream?
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 8:51:32 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/31/2016 8:39:52 PM, Otokage wrote:
At 8/31/2016 8:36:57 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 8/31/2016 7:41:27 AM, Otokage wrote:
At 8/30/2016 9:26:40 PM, janesix wrote:
Have you ever had a religious experience?

What was your experience like, and why would you describe it as religious?

I had a dream in which two angels appeared in my room and asked me if I wanted to see God. I said yeah why not, and they took me by the hands and we flew over my city, then some mountains, then the ocean and the clouds. Then I got scared because I started seeing the sky becoming darker and darker as we reached the troposphere, and I was like: hey maybe YOU can survive in outer space but I'm pretty sure I can't so stop. And they simply started laughing with that "what's with this fool" expression in their faces. We reached outer space and I could breathe just fine, go figure, and then they told me I could get nausea because we were about to travel like... 1000 times faster than the speed of light (don't remember the correct number but I was like WTF............), and so we did till we reached a kind of pink/purple galaxy or nebula, and in the center there was a huge crowd of rare creatures, like angels, gigantic snakes with human faces, manticores, and some other bizarre animals I do not even remember properly. God was in the center with a red and blue tunic, sit in lotus possition and playing a wooden flute. His face was really weird like painted by Picasso and in movement, meaning his eyes, nose, etc would float around the face like boats over the water, and he had a pyramidal head. Lots of white light was behind him, like it was the center of the galaxy just exactly behind him. He answered my questions telepathically and he had a slightly feminine but resonant voice. "He" said his form was different for each individual and revealed the desires of the individual. I asked many things, don't remember exactly, but I do remember his answers were very cryptic and sometimes nonsensical, he really wasn't on point most of the time which frustrated me greatly because I had this feeling I needed to build the question just perfectly or he would not be able to answer it properly.

The above writing is creative but not at all believable. It did entertain me though.

I honestly don't know what to answer... Are you saying you don't believe I had that dream?

I believe it is a day dream which you imagine while awake like a writer who dreams up a story to tell. I think you just made up the story for the entertainment of readers.
That is what I suspect anyway. I obviously can't prove it so in the end readers need to choose to believe what others write or be sceptical of it.
Otokage
Posts: 2,352
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 8:56:34 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/31/2016 8:51:32 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 8/31/2016 8:39:52 PM, Otokage wrote:
At 8/31/2016 8:36:57 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 8/31/2016 7:41:27 AM, Otokage wrote:
At 8/30/2016 9:26:40 PM, janesix wrote:
Have you ever had a religious experience?

What was your experience like, and why would you describe it as religious?

I had a dream in which two angels appeared in my room and asked me if I wanted to see God. I said yeah why not, and they took me by the hands and we flew over my city, then some mountains, then the ocean and the clouds. Then I got scared because I started seeing the sky becoming darker and darker as we reached the troposphere, and I was like: hey maybe YOU can survive in outer space but I'm pretty sure I can't so stop. And they simply started laughing with that "what's with this fool" expression in their faces. We reached outer space and I could breathe just fine, go figure, and then they told me I could get nausea because we were about to travel like... 1000 times faster than the speed of light (don't remember the correct number but I was like WTF............), and so we did till we reached a kind of pink/purple galaxy or nebula, and in the center there was a huge crowd of rare creatures, like angels, gigantic snakes with human faces, manticores, and some other bizarre animals I do not even remember properly. God was in the center with a red and blue tunic, sit in lotus possition and playing a wooden flute. His face was really weird like painted by Picasso and in movement, meaning his eyes, nose, etc would float around the face like boats over the water, and he had a pyramidal head. Lots of white light was behind him, like it was the center of the galaxy just exactly behind him. He answered my questions telepathically and he had a slightly feminine but resonant voice. "He" said his form was different for each individual and revealed the desires of the individual. I asked many things, don't remember exactly, but I do remember his answers were very cryptic and sometimes nonsensical, he really wasn't on point most of the time which frustrated me greatly because I had this feeling I needed to build the question just perfectly or he would not be able to answer it properly.

The above writing is creative but not at all believable. It did entertain me though.

I honestly don't know what to answer... Are you saying you don't believe I had that dream?

I believe it is a day dream which you imagine while awake like a writer who dreams up a story to tell. I think you just made up the story for the entertainment of readers.
That is what I suspect anyway. I obviously can't prove it so in the end readers need to choose to believe what others write or be sceptical of it.

........ Not really sure why would you believe I would want to create a story to entertain the forum and faking it was a dream.

Not the first time I've dreamt with God...

Still an atheist, btw.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 9:16:43 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/31/2016 8:56:34 PM, Otokage wrote:
At 8/31/2016 8:51:32 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 8/31/2016 8:39:52 PM, Otokage wrote:

I honestly don't know what to answer... Are you saying you don't believe I had that dream?

I believe it is a day dream which you imagine while awake like a writer who dreams up a story to tell. I think you just made up the story for the entertainment of readers.
That is what I suspect anyway. I obviously can't prove it so in the end readers need to choose to believe what others write or be sceptical of it.

........ Not really sure why would you believe I would want to create a story to entertain the forum and faking it was a dream.

Because you are entertained by those who actually believe your stories and my personal scepticism causes me to suspect you are just playing " I got your nose" with believers to see their reactions.

Not the first time I've dreamt with God...

May all your dreams be happy ones.
Rest in peace.

Still an atheist, btw.
Outplayz
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 9:23:38 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/30/2016 9:26:40 PM, janesix wrote:
Have you ever had a religious experience?

What was your experience like, and why would you describe it as religious?

Since i have written my experiences before, i will keep it short this time. Ask me if you want me to expand on anything... i'll tell you my two top ones.

1st experience: Went to Vegas with friends. One friend, i think got some kind of poisoning the first night. Was called to their room by another friend. They were a mess, crying and all, when i got there. One friend looked really sick and threw up blood every 4 or so minutes. Oh, prior to going, bc i don't like Vegas, i was having reoccruing dreams that i was looking for something in Vegas but couldn't find it (in the dreams). That is why i went, prob. wouldn't have without the dreams. Anyways, as we were trying to figure out who should take him to the hospital a thought hit me "tell everyone to leave you can heal him." At the same moment, a energy/fuzzy feeling hit me too. Told everyone to leave. Sat there and watched, hoping it would go away, but friend kept puking blood. Touched his head. The energy i was feeling felt like it drained from my body, and the second the last of it left my hand to his head... he went from looking like death, to a smile and a breathe of comfort...

2nd experience: Went to a friends of a friends house. Topic of "ghosts" somehow came up. This guys house was a mess... holes in the wall and all, and i think i asked. He said he has "something evil" in this house. I expressed my doubt, but he really seemed to believe it was... "something is out to get him" was something he mentioned. So i thought to put this aside. I told him, lets experiment. I took off my necklace and told him to do something. He started cussing this thing out, "spin the necklace you piece of... You get it lol. To my surprise the necklace went from a slow spin to a violent right spin... i told him to tell it to stop it... he yelled stop it you ... it stopped... i told him to tell it to spin it to the left, he yells... violent spin to the left... i dropped the necklace. A week or so later, my friends friend died.

... more:

I remember, before going to the queen mary ship once, as a kid, i asked my uncle where are we going and heard a ships horn, and my uncle pointed and said there. Well, he has mental issues and the ship was too far to hear that... scared me.

I remember, there use to be blue angle air shows by my house, as a kid i always looked forward to it. There was a crash at the air base that killed one of the pilots that stopped the air shows. I asked my mom to go and she said they stopped it (didn't say why). I was walking back from the pool sad, i saw a blue angle jet low enough to see the pilot, and i remember him waving at me... told my mom, she brushed it off, i found out that it was impossible to see that.

Before my grandma past away, i couldn't get rid of a feeling of being really drained and that something was going to happen. She did, i wasn't surprised. My grandma wouldn't pass however, on life support. My mom was a mess (they were really close). Mom remembered her saying she wants something read out of the Koran by an imam on her death bed. Mom remembered this, someone came, her heart slowed as he read, the guy started crying when he finished, grandma passed as soon as he finished.

I would love to tell you one of my most profound ones... but it would give away to much of my history which i don't feel comfortable sharing over the internet... but, i have many more stories... stories that are real, stories to why i would call myself spiritual. No one in their right mind wouldn't if they walked in my shoes. I have felt "every" (not exaggerating) negative experience (that carries strong emotions) before they have happened, i have had dreams that have come true right before my eyes, i have done "magic" (explored spiritual practices) that have surprised me with supernatural findings, sometimes... it almost feels like i am directing the future... i really can write a book on everything that has happened to me.
Outplayz
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 9:29:24 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/31/2016 4:59:09 PM, PureX wrote:
At 8/31/2016 4:43:48 PM, cedertree wrote:
I had a spiritual experience as there was no one around to facilitate what I felt.
That said it was most certainly NOT Christian. In fact it wasn't any religion at all.
People have had spiritual experiences for thousands of years across the board of religious and non-religious alike. That alone seems to make upholding ones faith over others for the purpose of putting it to others as truth for all absurd.

I agree. I have also has such a "spiritual experience", when I was very young. There was nothing 'religious' about it, though at such an age, I wouldn't have known what defined religion, anyway. (I was about 5 or 6 years old).

To this day I don't know what to make of it. It was an extraordinary experience that far surpassed anything I would have been capable of imagining on my own if it was somehow self-induced. Yet I have no way of explaining it, otherwise. It was absolutely transcendental.

Interestingly, I feel no real need to explain it or de-mystify it. Nor have I ever felt any compulsion to repeat it. Though there was nothing 'bad' or 'scary' about it. It was amazing and wonderful, and that was that. There was no 'message' except that I knew I was greatly loved and appreciated.

I would love to hear it... as you noticed, or may notice on this thread... i share stuff all the time. It is good to put it out there in the world, at least in my opinion. I find that if someone reads it, you can really help them on their path... I know it would me. I find people like you "prophetic." Therefore, it helps me understand my fellow immortals (as i like to call people)... which helps me figure out what your world is like compared to mine or others. I think sharing our worlds is what spirituality should be... not downing each other's world. That is why i like to share, but to each his/her own. Thanks for telling us you had a wonderful experience nonetheless.
Casten
Posts: 391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 10:11:01 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
I've never had one that I recall. I'm kind of envious of people who have, to be honest. They make it sound really profound and transformative.
jesusismywarrior
Posts: 78
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 10:12:36 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/30/2016 9:26:40 PM, janesix wrote:
Have you ever had a religious experience?

What was your experience like, and why would you describe it as religious?

Every time I go to Lourdes, it's a religious experience. You can feel such a strong spiritual presence there. Pietrelcina also has this strong spiritual presence.
Mark 10:44-45 "44 and whoever wants to be first must be slave of all. 45 For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."
mrsatan
Posts: 429
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 10:35:21 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/30/2016 9:26:40 PM, janesix wrote:
Have you ever had a religious experience?

What was your experience like, and why would you describe it as religious?

I once saw a church get struck by lightning, and practically burst into flames. Didn't take long for it to burn down. Sort of an ironically religious experience.

Hard to believe, I'm sure, but they rebuilt that church and it happened a second time. Didn't get to witness it that time though...
To say one has free will, to have chosen other than they did, is to say they have will over their will... Will over the will they have over their will... Will over the will they have over the will they have over their will, etc... It's utter nonsense.
cedertree
Posts: 21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 2:54:43 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/31/2016 4:59:09 PM, PureX wrote:
At 8/31/2016 4:43:48 PM, cedertree wrote:
I had a spiritual experience as there was no one around to facilitate what I felt.
That said it was most certainly NOT Christian. In fact it wasn't any religion at all.
People have had spiritual experiences for thousands of years across the board of religious and non-religious alike. That alone seems to make upholding ones faith over others for the purpose of putting it to others as truth for all absurd.

I agree. I have also has such a "spiritual experience", when I was very young. There was nothing 'religious' about it, though at such an age, I wouldn't have known what defined religion, anyway. (I was about 5 or 6 years old).

To this day I don't know what to make of it. It was an extraordinary experience that far surpassed anything I would have been capable of imagining on my own if it was somehow self-induced. Yet I have no way of explaining it, otherwise. It was absolutely transcendental.

Interestingly, I feel no real need to explain it or de-mystify it. Nor have I ever felt any compulsion to repeat it. Though there was nothing 'bad' or 'scary' about it. It was amazing and wonderful, and that was that. There was no 'message' except that I knew I was greatly loved and appreciated.

If a religion where about anything it would be just that. We are loved and appreciated. Done end of sermon. Well said sir.
PureX
Posts: 1,528
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 9:24:17 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/31/2016 9:29:24 PM, Outplayz wrote:
At 8/31/2016 4:59:09 PM, PureX wrote:
At 8/31/2016 4:43:48 PM, cedertree wrote:
I had a spiritual experience as there was no one around to facilitate what I felt.
That said it was most certainly NOT Christian. In fact it wasn't any religion at all.
People have had spiritual experiences for thousands of years across the board of religious and non-religious alike. That alone seems to make upholding ones faith over others for the purpose of putting it to others as truth for all absurd.

I agree. I have also has such a "spiritual experience", when I was very young. There was nothing 'religious' about it, though at such an age, I wouldn't have known what defined religion, anyway. (I was about 5 or 6 years old).

To this day I don't know what to make of it. It was an extraordinary experience that far surpassed anything I would have been capable of imagining on my own if it was somehow self-induced. Yet I have no way of explaining it, otherwise. It was absolutely transcendental.

Interestingly, I feel no real need to explain it or de-mystify it. Nor have I ever felt any compulsion to repeat it. Though there was nothing 'bad' or 'scary' about it. It was amazing and wonderful, and that was that. There was no 'message' except that I knew I was greatly loved and appreciated.

I would love to hear it... as you noticed, or may notice on this thread... i share stuff all the time. It is good to put it out there in the world, at least in my opinion. I find that if someone reads it, you can really help them on their path... I know it would me. I find people like you "prophetic." Therefore, it helps me understand my fellow immortals (as i like to call people)... which helps me figure out what your world is like compared to mine or others. I think sharing our worlds is what spirituality should be... not downing each other's world. That is why i like to share, but to each his/her own. Thanks for telling us you had a wonderful experience nonetheless.

It's difficult to explain. It was already a sunny summer day, but the light changed, became sort of silvery, and the world around me became translucent. I believed what I was experiencing was "God" because the nuns in kindergarten told us that "God was the warmth of the sun on our skin, the green in the grass, and the feeling of being held by our mothers"; that sort of thing. So that was the only reference I had.

I also understood instinctively that what was happening was my choice. If I was afraid, and wanted it to stop, it would stop. But I wasn't, so it didn't. And it lasted an hour, maybe two. I won't go into particulars, but the overwhelming sense of it was that of being intensely loved and appreciated. And of being 'at one' with everything around me. It must have had some effect on me, physically, because both my mother and brother kept asking if something had happened to me, afterward, when I went home.

But I kept it to myself, and forgot about it soon enough. I was just a little kid, after all.
Outplayz
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 1:53:25 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 9/1/2016 9:24:17 PM, PureX wrote:
At 8/31/2016 9:29:24 PM, Outplayz wrote:
At 8/31/2016 4:59:09 PM, PureX wrote:
At 8/31/2016 4:43:48 PM, cedertree wrote:
I had a spiritual experience as there was no one around to facilitate what I felt.
That said it was most certainly NOT Christian. In fact it wasn't any religion at all.
People have had spiritual experiences for thousands of years across the board of religious and non-religious alike. That alone seems to make upholding ones faith over others for the purpose of putting it to others as truth for all absurd.

I agree. I have also has such a "spiritual experience", when I was very young. There was nothing 'religious' about it, though at such an age, I wouldn't have known what defined religion, anyway. (I was about 5 or 6 years old).

To this day I don't know what to make of it. It was an extraordinary experience that far surpassed anything I would have been capable of imagining on my own if it was somehow self-induced. Yet I have no way of explaining it, otherwise. It was absolutely transcendental.

Interestingly, I feel no real need to explain it or de-mystify it. Nor have I ever felt any compulsion to repeat it. Though there was nothing 'bad' or 'scary' about it. It was amazing and wonderful, and that was that. There was no 'message' except that I knew I was greatly loved and appreciated.

I would love to hear it... as you noticed, or may notice on this thread... i share stuff all the time. It is good to put it out there in the world, at least in my opinion. I find that if someone reads it, you can really help them on their path... I know it would me. I find people like you "prophetic." Therefore, it helps me understand my fellow immortals (as i like to call people)... which helps me figure out what your world is like compared to mine or others. I think sharing our worlds is what spirituality should be... not downing each other's world. That is why i like to share, but to each his/her own. Thanks for telling us you had a wonderful experience nonetheless.

It's difficult to explain. It was already a sunny summer day, but the light changed, became sort of silvery, and the world around me became translucent. I believed what I was experiencing was "God" because the nuns in kindergarten told us that "God was the warmth of the sun on our skin, the green in the grass, and the feeling of being held by our mothers"; that sort of thing. So that was the only reference I had.

I also understood instinctively that what was happening was my choice. If I was afraid, and wanted it to stop, it would stop. But I wasn't, so it didn't. And it lasted an hour, maybe two. I won't go into particulars, but the overwhelming sense of it was that of being intensely loved and appreciated. And of being 'at one' with everything around me. It must have had some effect on me, physically, because both my mother and brother kept asking if something had happened to me, afterward, when I went home.

But I kept it to myself, and forgot about it soon enough. I was just a little kid, after all.

See... my atheist side is telling me you have read what i wrote about this to trip me out.. but, you just gave me a mini spiritual experience from this... more so actually, something to think about.

When i say i have felt every high emotional event before it happens, something like this happens. I am sure i have shared this here, but basically the way i explain it (try to anyways); the feeling i get is almost like the world around me is closing in on me. Funny you say warm bc i guess i can say it feels like i am getting a hug by the world. The colors around me seem brighter yet dull... if that makes any sense. It also gets hard for me to talk, sometimes even feeling sick if i try to. I just want to sit and stare at the world. Beyond that, i just don't know the words to explain how this feels. I just know it is different, and scares me at this point. It has proven to always be the calm before some kind of storm.

This has literally happened every time something that puts me in a hard spot, emotionally, has happened. I'd rather keep the somethings to myself, but it has been dead on so far with high emotion stuff, like getting fired and of course deaths at the highest spectrum... It's just the way you explained it made me think... bc i feel that it is a curse since i can't do anything before these 'bad' things happen; always scrambling to find out what could happen but never do. Yet, the way you explain it is a good thing... it is a part of it i have ignored. I really can't remember the last time i was joyful about something (had high emotions toward something good)...not that i am unhappy bc i am not... i just don't think i have ever had a moment that shocked me in a good way so i have always looked at this as a bad thing. Idk, just teaches me a lot about me at this moment. Funny i ask you to share and i am the one getting the lesson...
JB009
Posts: 22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 5:13:23 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 9/1/2016 9:24:17 PM, PureX wrote:
At 8/31/2016 9:29:24 PM, Outplayz wrote:
At 8/31/2016 4:59:09 PM, PureX wrote:
At 8/31/2016 4:43:48 PM, cedertree wrote:
I had a spiritual experience as there was no one around to facilitate what I felt.
That said it was most certainly NOT Christian. In fact it wasn't any religion at all.
People have had spiritual experiences for thousands of years across the board of religious and non-religious alike. That alone seems to make upholding ones faith over others for the purpose of putting it to others as truth for all absurd.

I agree. I have also has such a "spiritual experience", when I was very young. There was nothing 'religious' about it, though at such an age, I wouldn't have known what defined religion, anyway. (I was about 5 or 6 years old).

To this day I don't know what to make of it. It was an extraordinary experience that far surpassed anything I would have been capable of imagining on my own if it was somehow self-induced. Yet I have no way of explaining it, otherwise. It was absolutely transcendental.

Interestingly, I feel no real need to explain it or de-mystify it. Nor have I ever felt any compulsion to repeat it. Though there was nothing 'bad' or 'scary' about it. It was amazing and wonderful, and that was that. There was no 'message' except that I knew I was greatly loved and appreciated.

I would love to hear it... as you noticed, or may notice on this thread... i share stuff all the time. It is good to put it out there in the world, at least in my opinion. I find that if someone reads it, you can really help them on their path... I know it would me. I find people like you "prophetic." Therefore, it helps me understand my fellow immortals (as i like to call people)... which helps me figure out what your world is like compared to mine or others. I think sharing our worlds is what spirituality should be... not downing each other's world. That is why i like to share, but to each his/her own. Thanks for telling us you had a wonderful experience nonetheless.

It's difficult to explain. It was already a sunny summer day, but the light changed, became sort of silvery, and the world around me became translucent. I believed what I was experiencing was "God" because the nuns in kindergarten told us that "God was the warmth of the sun on our skin, the green in the grass, and the feeling of being held by our mothers"; that sort of thing. So that was the only reference I had.

I also understood instinctively that what was happening was my choice. If I was afraid, and wanted it to stop, it would stop. But I wasn't, so it didn't. And it lasted an hour, maybe two. I won't go into particulars, but the overwhelming sense of it was that of being intensely loved and appreciated. And of being 'at one' with everything around me. It must have had some effect on me, physically, because both my mother and brother kept asking if something had happened to me, afterward, when I went home.

But I kept it to myself, and forgot about it soon enough. I was just a little kid, after all. : :
It is written, "Many will be called but only a few are chosen".
PureX
Posts: 1,528
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 2:35:04 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 9/2/2016 1:53:25 AM, Outplayz wrote:

See... my atheist side is telling me you have read what i wrote about this to trip me out.. but, you just gave me a mini spiritual experience from this... more so actually, something to think about.

When i say i have felt every high emotional event before it happens, something like this happens. I am sure i have shared this here, but basically the way i explain it (try to anyways); the feeling i get is almost like the world around me is closing in on me. Funny you say warm bc i guess i can say it feels like i am getting a hug by the world. The colors around me seem brighter yet dull... if that makes any sense. It also gets hard for me to talk, sometimes even feeling sick if i try to. I just want to sit and stare at the world. Beyond that, i just don't know the words to explain how this feels. I just know it is different, and scares me at this point. It has proven to always be the calm before some kind of storm.

This has literally happened every time something that puts me in a hard spot, emotionally, has happened. I'd rather keep the somethings to myself, but it has been dead on so far with high emotion stuff, like getting fired and of course deaths at the highest spectrum... It's just the way you explained it made me think... bc i feel that it is a curse since i can't do anything before these 'bad' things happen; always scrambling to find out what could happen but never do. Yet, the way you explain it is a good thing... it is a part of it i have ignored. I really can't remember the last time i was joyful about something (had high emotions toward something good)...not that i am unhappy bc i am not... i just don't think i have ever had a moment that shocked me in a good way so i have always looked at this as a bad thing. Idk, just teaches me a lot about me at this moment. Funny i ask you to share and i am the one getting the lesson"

That is interesting, because when the experience happened to me, I was feeling very despondent. My first and only friend in life, thus far (I was only 5 or 6 at the time) was a little girl living across the street. We played together every day. But sometime that summer she became very ill, and they had to take her to a hospital out of town. When the 'spiritual experience being discussed, occurred, I was sitting on a swing set in her back yard, and feeling very lost and alone, for the first time in my short life.

I have often wondered if the 'spiritual experience' I had was somehow related to the sadness I was feeling just before it happened. As if it was intended to console me. Though, there was far more to it than that.