Jump to topic:

Why Does God Not Care About Humans?

dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 2:35:41 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
The fossil evidence is clear that homo sapiens have only been around as a species for about the last 200,000 years. During that time God has never once sought to materially improve the quality of life of the special beings which he supposedly cares about. Every single invention which has raised the living standards of mankind has come from mankind itself. Here is a partial list of such inventions:

Weaving
Agriculture
Domestication of Animals
Pottery
Metal working (lead, copper, bronze, tin, iron, steel)
Sewing Needle
The Wheel
Sailing
Writing
The Chariot
Coins
Glass
Scissors
Lenses
The Windmill
Lighthouses
Weapons (sword, spear, crossbow, etc.)
The Mirror
Gears
The Water Wheel
Paper
Bridges
Dams
The Wheelbarrow
The Printing Press
Toilet Paper
Streetlights
Porcelain
Algebra
Soap
Spectacles
Antibiotics
Etc. etc.

If we accept the Biblical account of creation then God turned out Adam and Eve from the Garden with only some rudimentary clothing and that's about it. Everything on the above list had to be invented by the creativity of man with no assistance from a supposedly loving God. Even when the Son of God appeared on Earth he did absolutely nothing to improve the life of ordinary people in a material way. It was all empty promises about a (heavenly?) kingdom to come with nothing concrete to change a single life apart from a few hearsay miracle healings which had no lasting benefit to the populace as a whole.

In fact it could be argued that the Romans did far more to improve the welfare of ordinary people in Judea and Galilee then Jesus ever did. They built roads and aqueducts, improved sanitation, and provided public order. Jesus was only a rabblerouser who got into trouble with the authorities and ended up being executed. Hardly a major contribution to the advancement of the human condition.

The question has to be asked. If God does indeed love human beings, why has he never once lifted a finger to help in some way? The only conclusion which can be reached is that God does not care about human suffering. Whether people live in filth and squalor and ignorance, it is of no real concern to God since he does nothing to alleviate it. If God does not care about us, why should we give a damn about him?
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 8:25:27 PM
At 9/1/2016 2:35:41 PM, dee-em wrote:
The question has to be asked. If God does indeed love human beings, why has he never once lifted a finger to help in some way?

I think He has helped us. At least me He has helped a lot. All that I have is because of God and without Him I would be nothing. But greatest things are not material. I am most thankful for Him, because of the wisdom and love that He has allowed me to know.

"Therefore don't be anxious, saying, 'What will we eat?', 'What will we drink?' or, 'With what will we be clothed?' For the Gentiles seek after all these things, for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first God's Kingdom, and his righteousness; and all these things will be given to you as well.

Matthew 6:31-33
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 9:26:39 PM
The fossil evidence is clear that homo sapiens have only been around as a species for about the last 200,000 years. During that time God has never once sought to materially improve the quality of life of the special beings which he supposedly cares about. Every single invention which has raised the living standards of mankind has come from mankind itself. Here is a partial list of such inventions:

Weaving
Agriculture
Domestication of Animals
Pottery
Sewing Needle
The Wheel
Sailing
Writing
The Chariot
Coins
Glass
Scissors
Lenses
The Windmill
Lighthouses
The Mirror
Gears
The Water Wheel
Paper
Bridges
Dams
The Wheelbarrow
The Printing Press
Toilet Paper
Streetlights
Porcelain
Algebra
Soap
Spectacles
Antibiotics
Etc. etc.

If we accept the Biblical account of creation then God turned out Adam and Eve from the Garden with only some rudimentary clothing and that's about it. Everything on the above list had to be invented by the creativity of man with no assistance from a supposedly loving God. Even when the Son of God appeared on Earth he did absolutely nothing to improve the life of ordinary people in a material way. It was all empty promises about a (heavenly?) kingdom to come with nothing concrete to change a single life apart from a few hearsay miracle healings which had no lasting benefit to the populace as a whole.

In fact it could be argued that the Romans did far more to improve the welfare of ordinary people in Judea and Galilee then Jesus ever did. They built roads and aqueducts, improved sanitation, and provided public order. Jesus was only a rabblerouser who got into trouble with the authorities and ended up being executed. Hardly a major contribution to the advancement of the human condition.

The question has to be asked. If God does indeed love human beings, why has he never once lifted a finger to help in some way? The only conclusion which can be reached is that God does not care about human suffering. Whether people live in filth and squalor and ignorance, it is of no real concern to God since he does nothing to alleviate it. If God does not care about us, why should we give a damn about him?

Show us how carbon dating works again...ahem...

Nevertheless, the "fossil record" also contains humans 20 feet tall. So much for that? Off you go.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Casten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 9:56:55 PM
In my experience, Christians thank God for all that is good, while all that is bad is the fault of man. They would probably say "praise God" for all the inventions you listed. I am often present for group prayers. They thank God for food, for friends, for new people they meet, for the medicine their ill relatives receive -- for everything positive in their lives. And I have never seen a Christian not thank God for a personal achievement.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 9:58:25 PM

Weaving
Agriculture
Domestication of Animals
Pottery
Sewing Needle
The Wheel
Sailing
Writing
The Chariot
Coins
Glass
Scissors
Lenses
The Windmill
Lighthouses
The Mirror
Gears
The Water Wheel
Paper
Bridges
Dams
The Wheelbarrow
The Printing Press
Toilet Paper
Streetlights
Porcelain
Algebra
Soap
Spectacles
Antibiotics
Etc. etc.

all wisdom comes from God....
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 12:14:46 AM
At 9/1/2016 8:25:27 PM, 12_13 wrote:
The question has to be asked. If God does indeed love human beings, why has he never once lifted a finger to help in some way?

I think He has helped us. At least me He has helped a lot. All that I have is because of God and without Him I would be nothing. But greatest things are not material. I am most thankful for Him, because of the wisdom and love that He has allowed me to know.

"Therefore don't be anxious, saying, 'What will we eat?', 'What will we drink?' or, 'With what will we be clothed?' For the Gentiles seek after all these things, for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first God's Kingdom, and his righteousness; and all these things will be given to you as well.

Matthew 6:31-33

Your post confirms that God has provided no material help to humanity whatsoever. Therefore, my conclusion stands that God does not care about human suffering.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 12:18:13 AM
At 9/1/2016 9:58:25 PM, graceofgod wrote:

Weaving
Agriculture
Domestication of Animals
Pottery
Sewing Needle
The Wheel
Sailing
Writing
The Chariot
Coins
Glass
Scissors
Lenses
The Windmill
Lighthouses
The Mirror
Gears
The Water Wheel
Paper
Bridges
Dams
The Wheelbarrow
The Printing Press
Toilet Paper
Streetlights
Porcelain
Algebra
Soap
Spectacles
Antibiotics
Etc. etc.

all wisdom comes from God....

An assertion not backed by the evidence since not once has God conveyed some of this alleged wisdom to materially benefit humanity.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 12:19:13 AM
At 9/1/2016 9:26:39 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Nevertheless, the "fossil record" also contains humans 20 feet tall. So much for that? Off you go.

Begone trollboy.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 12:22:50 AM
At 9/1/2016 9:56:55 PM, Casten wrote:
In my experience, Christians thank God for all that is good, while all that is bad is the fault of man. They would probably say "praise God" for all the inventions you listed. I am often present for group prayers. They thank God for food, for friends, for new people they meet, for the medicine their ill relatives receive -- for everything positive in their lives. And I have never seen a Christian not thank God for a personal achievement.

Sporting achievements ...

Yet God does absolutely nothing and gets all the credit.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 1:45:35 AM

Weaving
Agriculture
Domestication of Animals
Pottery
Sewing Needle
The Wheel
Sailing
Writing
The Chariot
Coins
Glass
Scissors
Lenses
The Windmill
Lighthouses
The Mirror
Gears
The Water Wheel
Paper
Bridges
Dams
The Wheelbarrow
The Printing Press
Toilet Paper
Streetlights
Porcelain
Algebra
Soap
Spectacles
Antibiotics
Etc. etc.

Two things... One, where do you think we got our intellect and creativity from? Second, God provides us with the ultimate improvement for all eternity at the end of this life.
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
Casten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 3:40:05 AM
At 9/2/2016 12:22:50 AM, dee-em wrote:

Religious people don't see it as God doing nothing. They think God acts through us. That when we bring something good into the world, God is moving and inspiring us to make that happen.

I think all the "I want to thank God" platitudes we see in sporting achievements and acceptance speeches are simply an attempt to appear modest. I often get the sense that God is not a huge part of those people's lives off camera.
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 4:12:37 AM
At 9/2/2016 1:45:35 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:

Two things... One, where do you think we got our intellect and creativity from?

Study anatomy and physiology; the answer lies within.

Second, God provides us with the ultimate improvement for all eternity at the end of this life.

How would you know what occurs when we become completely inert?
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 4:26:10 AM
Because the god that is ubiquitously worshipped is supercilious.

The creator bestows free will yet mandates laws that the creator knows humans will breach, and also expects to be worshipped knowing that humanity in it's entry will not conform. (This presumes the creator is indeed omniscient, and on a further note, if the creator is not, why subscribe to it?)

Why create humanity if you know that humanity will violate laws, but demands conformity, and if failed to do so is punished?

Repugnant.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 4:55:39 AM

Weaving
Agriculture
Domestication of Animals
Pottery
Sewing Needle
The Wheel
Sailing
Writing
The Chariot
Coins
Glass
Scissors
Lenses
The Windmill
Lighthouses
The Mirror
Gears
The Water Wheel
Paper
Bridges
Dams
The Wheelbarrow
The Printing Press
Toilet Paper
Streetlights
Porcelain
Algebra
Soap
Spectacles
Antibiotics
Etc. etc.

The same place that all animal species obtained the attributes which allowed them to adapt and survive. Evolution.

Second, God provides us with the ultimate improvement for all eternity at the end of this life.

So you assert, but that is just empty promises without any evidence. The fact is that he does nothing to materially improve the human condition here and now. Given that track record, I see no reason to have confidence in fairy tales about an afterlife. It's just wishful thinking backed by absolutely nothing.
JB009
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 5:07:24 AM

Weaving
Agriculture
Domestication of Animals
Pottery
Sewing Needle
The Wheel
Sailing
Writing
The Chariot
Coins
Glass
Scissors
Lenses
The Windmill
Lighthouses
The Mirror
Gears
The Water Wheel
Paper
Bridges
Dams
The Wheelbarrow
The Printing Press
Toilet Paper
Streetlights
Porcelain
Algebra
Soap
Spectacles
Antibiotics
Etc. etc.

The question has to be asked. If God does indeed love human beings, why has he never once lifted a finger to help in some way? The only conclusion which can be reached is that God does not care about human suffering. Whether people live in filth and squalor and ignorance, it is of no real concern to God since he does nothing to alleviate it. If God does not care about us, why should we give a damn about him? : :

Good questions but if you don't believe the answers to those questions, those questions won't do you any good. It's all about faith or belief when it comes to what God has made.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 5:23:50 AM
At 9/2/2016 3:40:05 AM, Casten wrote:
At 9/2/2016 12:22:50 AM, dee-em wrote:

Religious people don't see it as God doing nothing. They think God acts through us. That when we bring something good into the world, God is moving and inspiring us to make that happen.

I'm waiting for a religionist to make that argument so that I can counter with their own doctrine of violation of free will. :-)

I think all the "I want to thank God" platitudes we see in sporting achievements and acceptance speeches are simply an attempt to appear modest. I often get the sense that God is not a huge part of those people's lives off camera.

Modest? I find it arrogant that they would even entertain the thought that God would be interested in the outcome of some sporting contest yet do nothing to help alleviate poverty, famine and disease.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 6:19:40 AM
At 9/2/2016 5:07:24 AM, JB009 wrote:

Weaving
Agriculture
Domestication of Animals
Pottery
Sewing Needle
The Wheel
Sailing
Writing
The Chariot
Coins
Glass
Scissors
Lenses
The Windmill
Lighthouses
The Mirror
Gears
The Water Wheel
Paper
Bridges
Dams
The Wheelbarrow
The Printing Press
Toilet Paper
Streetlights
Porcelain
Algebra
Soap
Spectacles
Antibiotics
Etc. etc.

The question has to be asked. If God does indeed love human beings, why has he never once lifted a finger to help in some way? The only conclusion which can be reached is that God does not care about human suffering. Whether people live in filth and squalor and ignorance, it is of no real concern to God since he does nothing to alleviate it. If God does not care about us, why should we give a damn about him? : :

Good questions but if you don't believe the answers to those questions, those questions won't do you any good. It's all about faith or belief when it comes to what God has made.

Believe him^^^^^ he knows what god wants. (cough)
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Skeptical1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 6:26:52 AM
At 9/2/2016 6:19:40 AM, bulproof wrote:

Weaving
Agriculture
Domestication of Animals
Pottery
Sewing Needle
The Wheel
Sailing
Writing
The Chariot
Coins
Glass
Scissors
Lenses
The Windmill
Lighthouses
The Mirror
Gears
The Water Wheel
Paper
Bridges
Dams
The Wheelbarrow
The Printing Press
Toilet Paper
Streetlights
Porcelain
Algebra
Soap
Spectacles
Antibiotics
Etc. etc.

It's pretty obvious why all those things came about at the hand of man, not God. Making things requires knowledge, and God does not want humans to use the brains he gave them. What was the sin that caused the fall of man, and saw him thrown out of paradise? Seeking knowledge. What is the means of salvation? Faith - belief without knowledge. God wants humans to be ignorant. At least, those who invented God in man's image want humans to be ignorant - it's easier to keep them in their place.
JB009
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 6:30:38 AM
At 9/2/2016 6:26:52 AM, Skeptical1 wrote:

Weaving
Agriculture
Domestication of Animals
Pottery
Sewing Needle
The Wheel
Sailing
Writing
The Chariot
Coins
Glass
Scissors
Lenses
The Windmill
Lighthouses
The Mirror
Gears
The Water Wheel
Paper
Bridges
Dams
The Wheelbarrow
The Printing Press
Toilet Paper
Streetlights
Porcelain
Algebra
Soap
Spectacles
Antibiotics
Etc. etc.

It's pretty obvious why all those things came about at the hand of man, not God. Making things requires knowledge, and God does not want humans to use the brains he gave them. What was the sin that caused the fall of man, and saw him thrown out of paradise? Seeking knowledge. What is the means of salvation? Faith - belief without knowledge. God wants humans to be ignorant. At least, those who invented God in man's image want humans to be ignorant - it's easier to keep them in their place.: :

God made all the liars like you, too.
Skeptical1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 6:35:03 AM
At 9/2/2016 6:30:38 AM, JB009 wrote:

Weaving
Agriculture
Domestication of Animals
Pottery
Sewing Needle
The Wheel
Sailing
Writing
The Chariot
Coins
Glass
Scissors
Lenses
The Windmill
Lighthouses
The Mirror
Gears
The Water Wheel
Paper
Bridges
Dams
The Wheelbarrow
The Printing Press
Toilet Paper
Streetlights
Porcelain
Algebra
Soap
Spectacles
Antibiotics
Etc. etc.

It's pretty obvious why all those things came about at the hand of man, not God. Making things requires knowledge, and God does not want humans to use the brains he gave them. What was the sin that caused the fall of man, and saw him thrown out of paradise? Seeking knowledge. What is the means of salvation? Faith - belief without knowledge. God wants humans to be ignorant. At least, those who invented God in man's image want humans to be ignorant - it's easier to keep them in their place.: :

I presume an intelligent response is out of the question, so I'll just say "More the fool him then".
JB009
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 6:39:28 AM
At 9/2/2016 6:35:03 AM, Skeptical1 wrote:
At 9/2/2016 6:30:38 AM, JB009 wrote:

Weaving
Agriculture
Domestication of Animals
Pottery
Sewing Needle
The Wheel
Sailing
Writing
The Chariot
Coins
Glass
Scissors
Lenses
The Windmill
Lighthouses
The Mirror
Gears
The Water Wheel
Paper
Bridges
Dams
The Wheelbarrow
The Printing Press
Toilet Paper
Streetlights
Porcelain
Algebra
Soap
Spectacles
Antibiotics
Etc. etc.

I presume an intelligent response is out of the question, so I'll just say "More the fool him then". : :

If there was an intelligent member in this forum, I would gladly have a conversation with that member.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 9:05:49 AM

Isn't it interesting that of all killings mentioned in the bible (excluding the genocide of Sodom and Gommorah and the "great flood") the tally is something like;
God: 1.3 million murders,
Satan: 7 murders.

It seems to me that the most consistent themes throughout the bible are sexual perversions, gratuitous killing and God's persistant anger management problems. Just the right kind of mix for religious "leaders" to instill enough fear and guilt amongst their gullible congregations to part with their money.
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 9:24:50 AM
At 9/2/2016 12:14:46 AM, dee-em wrote:
Your post confirms that God has provided no material help to humanity whatsoever. Therefore, my conclusion stands that God does not care about human suffering.

Interesting, I see it differently. In my opinion God and his law is the reason why we have developed society. And now it seems to me that with same pace that people reject God, we are going towards barbarism and the future looks same as in Libya and Syria, in all places that reject God and His law.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 9:39:04 AM

Weaving
Agriculture
Domestication of Animals
Pottery
Sewing Needle
The Wheel
Sailing
Writing
The Chariot
Coins
Glass
Scissors
Lenses
The Windmill
Lighthouses
The Mirror
Gears
The Water Wheel
Paper
Bridges
Dams
The Wheelbarrow
The Printing Press
Toilet Paper
Streetlights
Porcelain
Algebra
Soap
Spectacles
Antibiotics
Etc. etc.

Response: If man created all these invention and it was God who originated the creation of man, then God is also is credited for the inventions. Secondly, in Islam, it is taught that humans were in another spiritual state and chose to be humans in this world in order to be tested and earn a reward in the Hereafter. So since we chose to live this life, then it is our fault for any suffering. Not God.
JB009
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 9:52:31 AM
At 9/2/2016 9:05:49 AM, Willows wrote:

Isn't it interesting that of all killings mentioned in the bible (excluding the genocide of Sodom and Gommorah and the "great flood") the tally is something like;

Satan doesn't kill anyone because Satan is not a creator of anything. It's simply a name used to describe the information that is processed into a visible world for each created man to explore and experience life in.

God is the one who established all life experiences including all deaths of the characters in his program.

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
Deuteronomy 32
39: "`See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god beside me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand.

Exodus 4:
10: But Moses said to the LORD, "Oh, my Lord, I am not eloquent, either heretofore or since thou hast spoken to thy servant; but I am slow of speech and of tongue."
11: Then the LORD said to him, "Who has made man's mouth? Who makes him dumb, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Is it not I, the LORD?
12: Now therefore go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall speak."

Psalm 33
8: Let all the earth fear the LORD, let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him!
9: For he spoke, and it came to be; he commanded, and it stood forth.

It seems to me that the most consistent themes throughout the bible are sexual perversions, gratuitous killing and God's persistant anger management problems. Just the right kind of mix for religious "leaders" to instill enough fear and guilt amongst their gullible congregations to part with their money. : :

Yes, religious liars do use the Bible to instill fear and guilt without them understanding anything that's written in it.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 9:55:34 AM
At 9/1/2016 9:26:39 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Weaving
Agriculture
Domestication of Animals
Pottery
Sewing Needle
The Wheel
Sailing
Writing
The Chariot
Coins
Glass
Scissors
Lenses
The Windmill
Lighthouses
The Mirror
Gears
The Water Wheel
Paper
Bridges
Dams
The Wheelbarrow
The Printing Press
Toilet Paper
Streetlights
Porcelain
Algebra
Soap
Spectacles
Antibiotics
Etc. etc.

Citation?
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 11:16:43 AM
At 9/2/2016 9:52:31 AM, JB009 wrote:
At 9/2/2016 9:05:49 AM, Willows wrote:

Satan doesn't kill anyone because Satan is not a creator of anything. It's simply a name used to describe the information that is processed into a visible world for each created man to explore and experience life in.

God is the one who established all life experiences including all deaths of the characters in his program.

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
Deuteronomy 32
39: "`See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god beside me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand.

Exodus 4:
10: But Moses said to the LORD, "Oh, my Lord, I am not eloquent, either heretofore or since thou hast spoken to thy servant; but I am slow of speech and of tongue."
11: Then the LORD said to him, "Who has made man's mouth? Who makes him dumb, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Is it not I, the LORD?
12: Now therefore go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall speak."

Psalm 33
8: Let all the earth fear the LORD, let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him!
9: For he spoke, and it came to be; he commanded, and it stood forth.

It seems to me that the most consistent themes throughout the bible are sexual perversions, gratuitous killing and God's persistant anger management problems. Just the right kind of mix for religious "leaders" to instill enough fear and guilt amongst their gullible congregations to part with their money. : :

Yes, religious liars do use the Bible to instill fear and guilt without them understanding anything that's written in it.

Understanding what is written in the bible gives it no more credibility than it already has. It has always been used by those in authority to interpret the contents for their own ends, i.e. to manipulate the minds of those unfortunate enough to be sucked in by the whole myth of christianity....it is one of the most abominable institutions ever invented.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 11:54:37 AM
At 9/2/2016 4:12:37 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:

Study anatomy and physiology; the answer lies within.

And where do you think we get our anatomy and physiology from? All you did here was back the question up one step.

How would you know what occurs when we become completely inert?

Divine revelation.
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 11:58:55 AM
At 9/2/2016 4:55:39 AM, dee-em wrote:

Weaving
Agriculture
Domestication of Animals
Pottery
Sewing Needle
The Wheel
Sailing
Writing
The Chariot
Coins
Glass
Scissors
Lenses
The Windmill
Lighthouses
The Mirror
Gears
The Water Wheel
Paper
Bridges
Dams
The Wheelbarrow
The Printing Press
Toilet Paper
Streetlights
Porcelain
Algebra
Soap
Spectacles
Antibiotics
Etc. etc.

The same place that all animal species obtained the attributes which allowed them to adapt and survive. Evolution.

A process set in motion from God.

So you assert, but that is just empty promises without any evidence. The fact is that he does nothing to materially improve the human condition here and now. Given that track record, I see no reason to have confidence in fairy tales about an afterlife. It's just wishful thinking backed by absolutely nothing.

Because He is more concerned with our spiritual lives instead of our physical ones. Our time here is immeasurably insignificant to where we'll spend eternity.