Jump to topic:

If we're living in a simulation...

Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 1:56:54 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
...then there is a higher level being, and it is some version of us!!
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 2:30:15 AM
At 9/2/2016 1:56:54 AM, Skepticalone wrote:

From what we know today... i would say this is the most likely scenario if something is true (been using the video game analogy for years - maybe i can copyright strike somehow ;p) The higher level being is obviously just me. For a gamer plays their character. Why would anyone pick a bad life then right? ... Why would anyone drink their own piss thinking it makes them live longer while alive... i have given up on asking why others do what they do, more important to figure out the god you know, yourself.
JB009
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 5:10:46 AM

I get banned for sharing information like this in religion forums. Beware of those who hate this idea. They want to believe they are real people.
Chaosism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 1:38:04 PM

That's assuming that we're representative of the creators of the simulation, though.

I detest this hypothesis because (1) it must be built entirely on speculative assumptions and (2) it's utterly useless since there is no access whatsoever to any knowledge of the 'outside' world, anyway.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 2:37:53 PM
At 9/2/2016 1:38:04 PM, Chaosism wrote:

That's assuming that we're representative of the creators of the simulation, though.

Actually, I think it follows provided reality is a simulation meant to carry on life. As you pointed out below, it is all completely speculation. ;-)

I detest this hypothesis because (1) it must be built entirely on speculative assumptions and (2) it's utterly useless since there is no access whatsoever to any knowledge of the 'outside' world, anyway.

Lol, I don't take it too seriously either.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

Chaosism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 2:47:40 PM
At 9/2/2016 2:37:53 PM, Skepticalone wrote:

Actually, I think it follows provided reality is a simulation meant to carry on life. As you pointed out below, it is all completely speculation. ;-)

But we simulate things that are radically different than our reality all the time, and it was deemed that such a reality was a demonstrably better form of existence, I think that would be the simulation pattern that'd be adopted. Thus, not representative of the reality that spawned it.

That's an odd though - is a simulation considered a continuation of life? Are we assuming a Matrix-style setup here, or are the entities of the simulation only existent as members of the simulation? This is crazy, and my brain hurts, now. ;P

I figured, but LOTS of people do, including some with significant scientific prestige. :/
Chaosism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 3:00:19 PM
At 9/2/2016 2:47:40 PM, Chaosism wrote:
But we simulate things that are radically different than our reality all the time, and *IF it was deemed that such a reality was a demonstrably better form of existence, I think that would be the simulation pattern that'd be adopted. Thus, not representative of the reality that spawned it.

That's an odd thoughT* - is a simulation considered a continuation of life? Are we assuming a Matrix-style setup here, or are the entities of the simulation only existent as members of the simulation? This is crazy, and my brain hurts, now. ;P

I am the master of typos, especially today, apparently...
touchet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 3:10:49 PM

I detest this hypothesis because (1) it must be built entirely on speculative assumptions and (2) it's utterly useless since there is no access whatsoever to any knowledge of the 'outside' world, anyway. : :

You're a liar. The creator of the simulation we're involved in used characters called prophets and saints to reveal how he created us within a simulation. You weren't used to testify to this knowledge and learn how you're created so you deny it.
touchet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 3:12:39 PM

Lol, I don't take it too seriously either. : ;

Of course you can't take it seriously because you were never used to testify and have the knowledge revealed to you about how we're created like I experienced this past 8 years.
Chaosism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 3:16:09 PM
At 9/2/2016 3:10:49 PM, touchet wrote:

I detest this hypothesis because (1) it must be built entirely on speculative assumptions and (2) it's utterly useless since there is no access whatsoever to any knowledge of the 'outside' world, anyway. : :

You're a liar. The creator of the simulation we're involved in used characters called prophets and saints to reveal how he created us within a simulation. You weren't used to testify to this knowledge and learn how you're created so you deny it.

Hi, Brad! That's doesn't make me a liar, then, does it? If I were lying, then that would necessitate that I *know* the truth and am saying otherwise, right? Well, I'm not lying about my position on this matter, especially if said knowledge was deliberately withheld from me.

In regard to what you claim, do you find my skepticism towards your claims to be unreasonable?
touchet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 3:21:52 PM
At 9/2/2016 3:16:09 PM, Chaosism wrote:

Hi, Brad! That's doesn't make me a liar, then, does it? If I were lying, then that would necessitate that I *know* the truth and am saying otherwise, right? Well, I'm not lying about my position on this matter, especially if said knowledge was deliberately withheld from me.: :

Yes, you're a liar who made the claim that there is no access to the knowledge outside of this simulation we're in. The Creator of the simulation made sure to reveal this knowledge through us saints and prophets and now I know exactly how we were created and experience life by the processing of information by the same computer technology that our Creator used to speak his simulation program into existence.
Chaosism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 3:28:39 PM
At 9/2/2016 3:21:52 PM, touchet wrote:

Hi, Brad! That's doesn't make me a liar, then, does it? If I were lying, then that would necessitate that I *know* the truth and am saying otherwise, right? Well, I'm not lying about my position on this matter, especially if said knowledge was deliberately withheld from me.: :

Yes, you're a liar who made the claim that there is no access to the knowledge outside of this simulation we're in. The Creator of the simulation made sure to reveal this knowledge through us saints and prophets and now I know exactly how we were created and experience life by the processing of information by the same computer technology that our Creator used to speak his simulation program into existence.

If you are being given knowledge, then that knowledge is being inputted into the simulation so that you can know it, right? If so, then that knowledge is now an aspect of the simulation and it isn't necessarily true, anyway. Hence, knowledge of the "true" world is not possible to attain.

Here's an important question, Brad - you believe that information is being revealed to your from an outside source. Now, how have you determined that this source is indeed from beyond this world or is it a product of your own mind? We all know that there exist "false prophets" that claim to know the word of God, right? So, how exactly have you determined that you aren't one of them?
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 3:32:32 PM

But we simulate things that are radically different than our reality all the time, and it was deemed that such a reality was a demonstrably better form of existence, I think that would be the simulation pattern that'd be adopted. Thus, not representative of the reality that spawned it.

I agree with that, but I believe the type of simulation he is suggesting is for the purpose of representing real individuals digitally. If you ever watched Star Trek: The Next Generation, I believe Data's Moriarty program to be a similar.

That's an odd though - is a simulation considered a continuation of life? Are we assuming a Matrix-style setup here, or are the entities of the simulation only existent as members of the simulation? This is crazy, and my brain hurts, now. ;P

I really hope you are familiar with Star Trek because here comes another comparison. In the show, the teleporters didnt actually physically transport a being from one location to another. They basically took all the information that makes up the individual and converted it to computer code and sent that to be manifested at the destination. Essentially, they destroyed the original and made an exact copy at the destination (The Second Chances episode had two Rikers due to a malfunction of this process). As I understand it, Elon is talking of a similar concept (without destroying the original and reanimating). The virtual representation would continue to exist in a virtual world oblivious to an outside world. In essence, this would be a preservation of life as we know it and the higher being would be us.

Sorry for all the Star Trek talk. My inner nerd just had to come out.

I figured, but LOTS of people do, including some with significant scientific prestige. :/

touchet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 3:35:28 PM
At 9/2/2016 3:28:39 PM, Chaosism wrote:

If you are being given knowledge, then that knowledge is being inputted into the simulation so that you can know it, right? If so, then that knowledge is now an aspect of the simulation and it isn't necessarily true, anyway. Hence, knowledge of the "true" world is not possible to attain.

Here's an important question, Brad - you believe that information is being revealed to your from an outside source. Now, how have you determined that this source is indeed from beyond this world or is it a product of your own mind? We all know that there exist "false prophets" that claim to know the word of God, right? So, how exactly have you determined that you aren't one of them? : :

I got all my knowledge directly from the computing technology that our Creator used to create the simulation. So the only outside knowledge I have is about the computing technology used to create us and then processes the stored thoughts of our Creator into living characters who believe they're real people living on a real planet called Earth.
touchet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 3:37:32 PM
At 9/2/2016 3:32:32 PM, Skepticalone wrote:

I agree with that, but I believe the type of simulation he is suggesting is for the purpose of representing real individuals digitally. If you ever watched Star Trek: The Next Generation, I believe Data's Moriarty program to be a similar.

I really hope you are familiar with Star Trek because here comes another comparison. In the show, the teleporters didnt actually physically transport a being from one location to another. They basically took all the information that makes up the individual and converted it to computer code and sent that to be manifested at the destination. Essentially, they destroyed the original and made an exact copy at the destination (The Second Chances episode had two Rikers due to a malfunction of this process). As I understand it, Elon is talking of a similar concept (without destroying the original and reanimating). The virtual representation would continue to exist in a virtual world oblivious to an outside world. In essence, this would be a preservation of life as we know it and the higher being would be us.

You will take it more seriously as you observe your body dying in the simulation.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 3:43:49 PM
At 9/2/2016 3:12:39 PM, touchet wrote:

Of course you can't take it seriously because you were never used to testify and have the knowledge revealed to you about how we're created like I experienced this past 8 years.

Given that youve demostrated your method of reveletional knowledge aquisition to be faulty (failed prediction related to the date and manner in which you will die), I can't take your claims using revelation seriously either. Sorry, bud. :-(

touchet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 4:01:25 PM
At 9/2/2016 3:43:49 PM, Skepticalone wrote:

Given that youve demostrated your method of reveletional knowledge aquisition to be faulty (failed prediction related to the date and manner in which you will die), I can't take your claims using revelation seriously either. Sorry, bud. :-( : :

That prediction didn't come from the information that was used to teach me how we're created. It came from information called Satan that all God's characters are being influenced by. I had to experience one more last humbling deception before our Creator finally revealed to me what the voice of God is that has been giving me commands since December of 1979.

You wouldn't believe me anyway. That one deception is just an excuse for you. I could care less if you die without believing how you're created. Science will never be used to reveal how we're created. The only way is by listening to the voice which is nothing but computing technology similar to IBM's Watson.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 4:15:08 PM
At 9/2/2016 4:01:25 PM, touchet wrote:

Given that youve demostrated your method of reveletional knowledge aquisition to be faulty (failed prediction related to the date and manner in which you will die), I can't take your claims using revelation seriously either. Sorry, bud. :-( : :

That prediction didn't come from the information that was used to teach me how we're created. It came from information called Satan that all God's characters are being influenced by. I had to experience one more last humbling deception before our Creator finally revealed to me what the voice of God is that has been giving me commands since December of 1979.

You wouldn't believe me anyway. That one deception is just an excuse for you. I could care less if you die without believing how you're created. Science will never be used to reveal how we're created. The only way is by listening to the voice which is nothing but computing technology similar to IBM's Watson.

I'm reading that you couldn't tell the difference between messages from Satan and God, and that you want me to trust that you've got it figured out now. I'll pass, bud. If you've got nothing on topic, then I'll also pass on your next reply. Be forewarned. ;-)

touchet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 4:20:38 PM
At 9/2/2016 4:15:08 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 9/2/2016 4:01:25 PM, touchet wrote:

I'm reading that you couldn't tell the difference between messages from Satan and God, and that you want me to trust that you've got it figured out now. I'll pass, bud. If you've got nothing on topic, then I'll also pass on your next reply. Be forewarned. ;-) : :

Of course I understand the difference between information called Satan, the Beast and the information that was converted into the words, visions, dreams and spoken analogies that I was forced to write and speak which is the only way to learn how we're created by computing technology called the voice of God.

You're using one temporary deception that I had to experience out of the 8 years that I've been testifying to use as an excuse not to believe this knowledge I'm sharing to chosen believers. You were planned to reject this knowledge so it's impossible for you to believe it.
Chaosism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 4:43:59 PM
At 9/2/2016 3:32:32 PM, Skepticalone wrote:

I'm not very familiar with Star Trek, but I definitely understand what you're describing. Star Trek's good for illustrative examples, like this. This gets into the philosophy of identity and all, so I'll stop my contrarian ramblings, here.

Chaosism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 4:45:52 PM
At 9/2/2016 3:35:28 PM, touchet wrote:

Here's an important question, Brad - you believe that information is being revealed to your from an outside source. Now, how have you determined that this source is indeed from beyond this world or is it a product of your own mind? We all know that there exist "false prophets" that claim to know the word of God, right? So, how exactly have you determined that you aren't one of them? : :

I got all my knowledge directly from the computing technology that our Creator used to create the simulation. So the only outside knowledge I have is about the computing technology used to create us and then processes the stored thoughts of our Creator into living characters who believe they're real people living on a real planet called Earth.

Yes, you already explained that, but you didn't address any of the points/questions in my previous post.
touchet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 5:00:23 PM
At 9/2/2016 4:45:52 PM, Chaosism wrote:

Yes, you already explained that, but you didn't address any of the points/questions in my previous post. : :

I don't respond to questions that are being used selfishly. If you have a serious question like wanting to know how the first age will end or how we'll experience life in Paradise, or how did our Creator create us, etc., then I will give you the answer.
Chaosism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 6:15:40 PM
At 9/2/2016 5:00:23 PM, touchet wrote:

Yes, you already explained that, but you didn't address any of the points/questions in my previous post. : :

I don't respond to questions that are being used selfishly. If you have a serious question like wanting to know how the first age will end or how we'll experience life in Paradise, or how did our Creator create us, etc., then I will give you the answer.

How are my questions being used selfishly? Look, you actually PM'ed me on this matter originally (which doesn't bother me), but how am I supposed to accept what you say is at all true? This applies to everyone (not just me) who you proselytize to, and if you can answer these questions, it would give your case *some* credible grounding, or at least motion in that direction. Plus, if you can't answer these, then perhaps you should reconsider your ardor in these beliefs, as well. I'm actually trying to help you rather than myself.
touchet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 8:07:21 PM
At 9/2/2016 6:15:40 PM, Chaosism wrote:

How are my questions being used selfishly? Look, you actually PM'ed me on this matter originally (which doesn't bother me), but how am I supposed to accept what you say is at all true? This applies to everyone (not just me) who you proselytize to, and if you can answer these questions, it would give your case *some* credible grounding, or at least motion in that direction. Plus, if you can't answer these, then perhaps you should reconsider your ardor in these beliefs, as well. I'm actually trying to help you rather than myself. : :

You can't do anything to help me because I'm as far as I can go with the knowledge that our Creator wanted me to understand. However, I can help you understand how we perceive life if you're open minded to it. If you could ask me questions one line at a time, then I can answer them for you but it they're unanswerable, I will tell you. That's what I was getting at by having selfish questions for me to answer. Those are unanswerable because they're only meant to satisfy your suspicious thoughts you might be having about me being a liar.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 8:16:13 PM
At 9/2/2016 8:07:21 PM, touchet wrote:

You can't do anything to help me because I'm as far as I can go with the knowledge that our Creator wanted me to understand. However, I can help you understand how we perceive life if you're open minded to it. If you could ask me questions one line at a time, then I can answer them for you but it they're unanswerable, I will tell you. That's what I was getting at by having selfish questions for me to answer. Those are unanswerable because they're only meant to satisfy your suspicious thoughts you might be having about me being a liar.

I have a question: what procedure - kind-of an algorithm, I guess - could you propose for us to use in order to differentiate (1) when you are telling the truth as opposed to (2) when you are lying. About all you've told us so far amounts to, "Oh, yeah, well ... ummm ... forget about all those lies I told. I'm telling the truth this time." But remember, at one time you presented your lies as the truth - until they became "not the truth."
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Chaosism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 8:18:03 PM

How are my questions being used selfishly? Look, you actually PM'ed me on this matter originally (which doesn't bother me), but how am I supposed to accept what you say is at all true? This applies to everyone (not just me) who you proselytize to, and if you can answer these questions, it would give your case *some* credible grounding, or at least motion in that direction. Plus, if you can't answer these, then perhaps you should reconsider your ardor in these beliefs, as well. I'm actually trying to help you rather than myself. : :

By helping you, I meant that by improving how others perceived the alleged truth of your claims. In any case, here is one question:

How can I differentiate you from a person that falsely believes that God speaks to them?

FTR - I've not calling you a liar.
Tritip
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 1:55:30 PM
At 9/2/2016 8:18:03 PM, Chaosism wrote:

By helping you, I meant that by improving how others perceived the alleged truth of your claims. In any case, here is one question:

How can I differentiate you from a person that falsely believes that God speaks to them?

The only way you would know if I'm speaking the Truth or not is if you're chosen as one of God's believers who listens to the gospel we saints preach to you and believes some or all of the knowledge that flows from it such as how we're created, what Christ means, what Satan and the Beast means, how this age will end and how we'll experience life in Paradise. Very few believers can believe 100% of the knowledge I preach to them via the voice of God which is where I learned everything from that God wanted me to witness.

Here is a passage to show you that only believers will listen to our ( saints ) gospel, also known as the word of the Lord.

1 John 4
4: Little children, you are of God, and have overcome them; for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
5: They are of the world, therefore what they say is of the world, and the world listens to them.
6: We are of God. Whoever knows God listens to us, and he who is not of God does not listen to us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

Here is a passage to show you that unbelievers will reject the word of the Lord ( the Truth ).

Jeremiah 7
27: "So you shall speak all these words to them, but they will not listen to you. You shall call to them, but they will not answer you.
28: And you shall say to them, `This is the nation that did not obey the voice of the LORD their God, and did not accept discipline; truth has perished; it is cut off from their lips.

FTR - I've not calling you a liar.
Chaosism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 4:43:46 PM
At 9/7/2016 1:55:30 PM, Tritip wrote:

The only way you would know if I'm speaking the Truth or not is if you're chosen as one of God's believers who listens to the gospel we saints preach to you and believes some or all of the knowledge that flows from it such as how we're created, what Christ means, what Satan and the Beast means, how this age will end and how we'll experience life in Paradise. Very few believers can believe 100% of the knowledge I preach to them via the voice of God which is where I learned everything from that God wanted me to witness.

Thank you. :)

So, if I understand this right, there's literally no point in my trying to validate your claims because I've not been chosen to believe them, anyway. Correct?

So, what sense does it make for God to choose some people to directly communicate with and then choose others to believe what those people say?? If it's God (and presumably intelligent), why not just directly tell all of the people that are "chosen" to know?

Here is a passage to show you that only believers will listen to our ( saints ) gospel, also known as the word of the Lord.

1 John 4
4: Little children, you are of God, and have overcome them; for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
5: They are of the world, therefore what they say is of the world, and the world listens to them.
6: We are of God. Whoever knows God listens to us, and he who is not of God does not listen to us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

Here is a passage to show you that unbelievers will reject the word of the Lord ( the Truth ).

Jeremiah 7
27: "So you shall speak all these words to them, but they will not listen to you. You shall call to them, but they will not answer you.
28: And you shall say to them, `This is the nation that did not obey the voice of the LORD their God, and did not accept discipline; truth has perished; it is cut off from their lips.

I take it you're not a believer in free will, then, right? It's just an illusion?
Tritip
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 5:45:48 PM
At 9/7/2016 4:43:46 PM, Chaosism wrote:

Thank you. :)

So, if I understand this right, there's literally no point in my trying to validate your claims because I've not been chosen to believe them, anyway. Correct?

Yes. You're only going to believe what God created you to believe so if you can only believe 20% of the knowledge that was revealed to me, then I know where you stand. I won't be able to increase that percentage for you because that's all you were meant to handle. If you were created to believe at 100 %, then I could take you to the future with all kinds of knowledge that was revealed to me. But if you can't go past 50%, it will be impossible for you to believe how we're going to experience life in Paradise.

So, what sense does it make for God to choose some people to directly communicate with and then choose others to believe what those people say?? If it's God (and presumably intelligent), why not just directly tell all of the people that are "chosen" to know?

This is how God planned it and since none of us have direct communications with him, we will never know why he did what he did. All we get is the knowledge that he planned to give us during this first part of the program.

1 John 4

Jeremiah 7

I take it you're not a believer in free will, then, right? It's just an illusion? : :

Yes, our life experiences are all illusions that are formed as we observe them. Free will is an illusion, too. However, the way God created his simulation so perfectly, it appears we get to make choices sometimes. If you had a serious addiction of some sort, then that free will idea will erode away.
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 6:11:56 PM
At 9/7/2016 5:45:48 PM, Tritip wrote:
At 9/7/2016 4:43:46 PM, Chaosism wrote:

Why are you diluting a new idea, one that i find to have many hidden truths, with words from the darn Bible... Satan, Beast... Why not use Loki and Odin... they are gods too, and somewhere in all simulations, true. They even have better definitions to their names. To be Loki is to be a trouble maker, to be Odin is to be ruler with knowledge, you are a mix of both... You have knowledge that you understand, but allow the worlds Loki to make it an obsession.

I am answering this bc the question that was asked has an easy answer... How does he differentiate between liars of spirituality to the ones telling the truth... well, it is easy. The ones telling him that he doesn't know what he is, that what he knows is not what he knows, the ones making themselves higher in comparison; those are the liars.