Jump to topic:

Deus, sive Natura . . .

SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2011 6:20:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Deus, sive Natura . . . how many agree, how many disagree, and above all why . . . http://en.wikipedia.org... http://www.philosophypages.com...
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2011 7:03:07 PM
At 1/7/2011 6:32:24 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
How about you tell us why you agree with that claim first?

My god is a paradox . . . he [it] is both a part of nature and the same time not . . . his [its] paradoxical nature makes him [it] a perfect being to be considered god . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2011 3:59:38 PM
At 1/8/2011 6:06:13 AM, Puck wrote:
Why don't you try reading some Spinoza first before blindly bastardising his position.

I was asking weather people agree or disagree with his position . . . no hostility is needed . . . simply answer . . .
Minister Of Trolling
:
vardas0antras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2011 5:25:02 PM
At 1/8/2011 4:51:10 PM, Puck wrote:
No hostility. Just a simple statement. :P

That is a lie, your previous statement clearly had this.
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2011 5:30:36 PM
At 1/8/2011 5:25:02 PM, vardas0antras wrote:
At 1/8/2011 4:51:10 PM, Puck wrote:
No hostility. Just a simple statement. :P

That is a lie, your previous statement clearly had this.

There is no hostility in simply stating a observation of behaviour - srw's current favour of the Spinozan phrase and his variance of it's meaning - the point being it's not Spinozan. Perhaps you are confused with the use of bastardisation. No idea. Either way, my intent was not hostile.
Ogan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2011 8:21:22 PM
At 1/7/2011 7:03:07 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 1/7/2011 6:32:24 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
How about you tell us why you agree with that claim first?

My god is a paradox . . . he [it] is both a part of nature and the same time not . . . his [its] paradoxical nature makes him [it] a perfect being to be considered god . . .

I agree God is paradoxical to the intellect and therefore to logic.
I agree God is not part of our perception of nature and therefore is not part of this nature - and yet is immanent within Actual Nature.
I agree that God is Perfect, or the Supreme Good and that nature is not perfect - in our limited perception, but Actual Nature is Perfect, although it does not exist - to us at the moment.
Well, I tried anyway.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2011 4:07:14 PM
My problem with Spnoza is one of semantics, I'd call him an atheist.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.