Total Posts:109|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Flaws with the Bible legitimacy.

I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2009 2:01:35 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Now, I understand some members here hold the bible with high esteem and respect. And I understand. I hold the same respect with the Harry Potter novels (though I thought the last two lost there way a bit). Anyway, I would like to point out one flaw I have found with it, it's legitimacy.

Firstly, it's made out of 40 books by 40 different authors. Most of whom are nameless. Genesis and the garden of Eden were to explain difficult concepts to people who had no science. Some things such as wars are historical documents. However, even when it boils down to it's latest documents it gets iffy.

The gospels weren't written by Jesus' followers. Instead, they took testimonies off people who had 'seen' him. I mean, UFO stories are documented, but I don't believe a word of them. The story throughout is solid proof, though there is evidence some copied off others. And Josephus and Tacitus have their articles but they are about 100 years later.

Let's say there is book detailing the life of 9 God's It had the world creation( the God forged it with his hammer on a smithy and used clay to make animals, and humans) , the explanation of most things the bible documents. Let's just say that was founded now. It's most recent documents date back to 100 A.D. Are you going to believe everything in that book happened?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2009 2:39:45 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
The Bible is 100% reliable. Let's put that another way..
The Bible is the ONLY thing ANYWHERE that is reliable. (including Christian
literature etc)
It IS the inerrant, infallible and LIVING Word of God. It wouldn't really matter who wrote it because it is only believed by revelation.
ALL human history, knowledge etc can be understood if compared with one of those conversations one has with a small child when you catch them in a lie over a theft or some-such.. Every time you point out the obviousness of their lie they immediately 'change their story' to.. another lie!
The Cross.. the Cross.
beem0r
Posts: 1,155
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2009 5:26:25 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 2/21/2009 2:39:45 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
The Bible is 100% reliable. Let's put that another way..
The Bible is the ONLY thing ANYWHERE that is reliable. (including Christian
literature etc)
It IS the inerrant, infallible and LIVING Word of God. It wouldn't really matter who wrote it because it is only believed by revelation.
ALL human history, knowledge etc can be understood if compared with one of those conversations one has with a small child when you catch them in a lie over a theft or some-such.. Every time you point out the obviousness of their lie they immediately 'change their story' to.. another lie!

Sorry dawg, I can't believe you on that, because you're an unreliable source of information. I guess I'll have to get one of those divine revelations to believe that you're telling the truth.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2009 9:00:04 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Hey big guy in the sky, send me onea them revelatin's too!
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2009 1:26:21 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 2/21/2009 9:00:04 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Hey big guy in the sky, send me onea them revelatin's too!

I just had a scrubs/family guy moment of a drive through of revelations.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2009 11:03:07 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
NOW you just need a little more work on the whole SUBMISSION thing..
That's not too much to ask is it? to surrender to the One who created ALL?
And REMEMBER He submitted HIMSELF to us, FOR US at Calvary.
The Cross.. the Cross.
TheSkeptic
Posts: 1,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2009 12:22:44 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 2/22/2009 11:03:07 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
NOW you just need a little more work on the whole SUBMISSION thing..
That's not too much to ask is it? to surrender to the One who created ALL?
And REMEMBER He submitted HIMSELF to us, FOR US at Calvary.

Oh god, can you stop the horrendous PREACHING?
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2009 11:52:40 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Said it before Skeptical AND I'll say it again.. IF you guys wanna hang out on the religious end of a debating site and play your little pretend atheist/pseudo intellectual make out games THEN you ARE gonna hear the good news of Jesus Christ..
The Cross.. the Cross.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2009 11:56:51 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 2/23/2009 11:52:40 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
Said it before Skeptical AND I'll say it again.. IF you guys wanna hang out on the religious end of a debating site and play your little pretend atheist/pseudo intellectual make out games THEN you ARE gonna hear the good news of Jesus Christ..

Why can't you prove your case with website links and proper statistics that we use instead of quoting the bible every turn and ranting about Jesus?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2009 12:43:57 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Pandaboy.. That whole 'link to a web site' thing is the BIGGEST JOKE going on this site.. "It's on the web.. It must be true dude!"
Anytime you guys wanna an easy life then feel free to go debating on 'sports' or 'leisure'.. BUT do not hang around the religious forums etc PRETENDING you have an opinion of your own and intimidating younger Christians who have confused 'niceness' with righteousness..
NOW, who's next?
The Cross.. the Cross.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2009 1:21:25 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 2/23/2009 12:43:57 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
Pandaboy.. That whole 'link to a web site' thing is the BIGGEST JOKE going on this site.. "It's on the web.. It must be true dude!"
Anytime you guys wanna an easy life then feel free to go debating on 'sports' or 'leisure'.. BUT do not hang around the religious forums etc PRETENDING you have an opinion of your own and intimidating younger Christians who have confused 'niceness' with righteousness..
NOW, who's next?

You have just re-branded fundamentalism with righteousness. Because this is a website, we only have links to websites. Most websites take their facts straight out of a book, or it is the original posting. Feel free to quote any website you like to defend your case, as the bible seems to be a well that is running dry.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
JBlake
Posts: 4,634
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2009 1:26:27 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 2/23/2009 12:43:57 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
Pandaboy.. That whole 'link to a web site' thing is the BIGGEST JOKE going on this site.. "It's on the web.. It must be true dude!"
Anytime you guys wanna an easy life then feel free to go debating on 'sports' or 'leisure'.. BUT do not hang around the religious forums etc PRETENDING you have an opinion of your own and intimidating younger Christians who have confused 'niceness' with righteousness..
NOW, who's next?

By websites he means literature on the topic. Literature need not come from a web source. The point of citing your sources is to provide evidence for your claims. That evidence can come in either primary or secondary sources (primary sources are prefered). What they are asking is that you provide some form of source for your claims.
They are further claiming that the bible is not a reliable source because it is a secondary source (an account written after the fact by people that were not witness to the events they are writing about).
Finally, they are stating your utter unreliability on the issue because you are a secondary source compiling your information exclusively from secondary sources. Therefore, when you say "The Bible is 100% reliable." without providing any evidence you have zero credibility. Why should we believe you that the bible is 100% reliable when you yourself do not even present a case?

In other words, stop shoving Jesus down our throats without having a relevent point. You won't convert anyone that way. You are wasting your time.
leethal
Posts: 30
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2009 2:12:12 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
In other words, stop shoving Jesus down our throats without having a relevent point. You won't convert anyone that way. You are wasting your time.

The only types of people who would ever get converted by the same laborious Christian propaganda are alcoholics and small children. Which is why they are often the target for evangelists, and which is why DAT is a born-again Christian. Take it from someone who rarely drinks, DAT, that when you are in the right frame of mind (which you have admitted you weren't when you converted), the garbage you speak in your posts has NO EFFECT whatsoever. It actually sounds really silly.

Now, seeing as your posts are so predictable, I'm gonna go ahead and guess your response:

"Fleet-hal, you speak of the 'right frame of mind', but one can only attain this with help of the Lord our saviour. You say that my propaganda has no effect on anyone who isn't a drunk, well let me tell you SATAN WILL HAVE AN EFFECT ON YOU IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE!!!!!1!!!! The Bible is the only truth."

Something like that, right? You are the least convincing evangelist I've ever come across, and that's saying something.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2009 3:02:57 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Oh I'm a pretty good evangelist even IF I do say so myself.. But ONLY because the Holy Spirit of the one true Living God dwells within me.. which means when you guys have had your little tantrums (that's the trouble with emotion you see, NO staying power) I'll STILL be here with some NEW wannabes, fighting tooth and nail for His truth and His Word..
" Whoever is not for Me is against Me. " Mathew 12:30
The Cross.. the Cross.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2009 4:25:03 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 2/22/2009 11:03:07 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
NOW you just need a little more work on the whole SUBMISSION thing..
That's not too much to ask is it? to surrender to the One who created ALL?
And REMEMBER He submitted HIMSELF to us, FOR US at Calvary.

To much to ask, yup...

Surrendering to someone who surrendered is double bad!
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
leethal
Posts: 30
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2009 4:32:18 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Oh I'm a pretty good evangelist even IF I do say so myself.

But you are a biased judge. Trust me, I've met evangelists who actually use their mind to CREATE arguments. They can preach without resorting to anything but the Bible and their own logic. They are good at what they do (even if what they do isn't good). You, on the other hand, repeat the same old stuff we all heard in Sunday School at 6 years old. It didn't make sense then, and it doesn't make sense now. Far from being a good evangelist, you are actually an unwitting advocate for not believing in Christianity.

But ONLY because the Holy Spirit of the one true Living God dwells within me.

So I'm supposed to believe that there is an omnipotent, omniscient being who created the Universe and everything within it..... and he's the one who has been providing your terrible, illogical arguments? This reminds me of movie directors who make a film and once realizing the film was terrible, choose to credit themselves with the name Allan Smythee. You have realized how ineffective your arguments are so you blame them on the Holy Spirit.
Harlan
Posts: 1,880
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2009 4:56:03 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 2/23/2009 11:52:40 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
Said it before Skeptical AND I'll say it again.. IF you guys wanna hang out on the religious end of a debating site and play your little pretend atheist/pseudo intellectual make out games THEN you ARE gonna hear the good news of Jesus Christ..

The "good news of Jesus Christ", ay? That's pretty ironic in the same breath as "SUBMISSION".
Harlan
Posts: 1,880
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2009 4:59:07 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 2/23/2009 12:43:57 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
Pandaboy.. That whole 'link to a web site' thing is the BIGGEST JOKE going on this site.. "It's on the web.. It must be true dude!"
Anytime you guys wanna an easy life then feel free to go debating on 'sports' or 'leisure'.. BUT do not hang around the religious forums etc PRETENDING you have an opinion of your own and intimidating younger Christians who have confused 'niceness' with righteousness..
NOW, who's next?

I'm kind of surprised your on a debating website with that attitude: Not only aggresively telling them not to participate in discussion with you, but you are also denying that they even have an opinion. I think you're on the wrong site.
Tin_Man
Posts: 45
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2009 5:05:42 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I'm going to play a game. Whoever wants to play is more than welcome.

"I am God, and this is the word of God."

Someone now has to prove that wrong. It certainly holds as much legitimacy as the Bible, because, well, the only evidence that the Bible is the word of God is because it says it is. So if I say that I am God, and whatever I write is the word of God, then, because I'm God, I am infallible, and what I write is infallible.

Right?
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2009 11:43:18 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
MUCH better to prove you ARE God..
HERE'S how you do it.. After doing countless miracles, healings etc you declare yourself to be the Son of God and the ONLY way to the Father, THEN after accusing the religious establishment of every falsehood and fallacy you allow yourself to be betrayed into their hands.
THEN, I suggest you allow yourself to be mocked, tortured and crucified in excruciating (this word was invented for crucifixion!) pain and THEN I suggest after being dead for three days you resurrect and appear to over 500 witnesses!
Then I'll spend lots of time on debating forums telling everyone about you!
The Cross.. the Cross.
beem0r
Posts: 1,155
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2009 11:46:24 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 2/23/2009 11:43:18 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
MUCH better to prove you ARE God..
HERE'S how you do it.. After doing countless miracles, healings etc you declare yourself to be the Son of God and the ONLY way to the Father, THEN after accusing the religious establishment of every falsehood and fallacy you allow yourself to be betrayed into their hands.
THEN, I suggest you allow yourself to be mocked, tortured and crucified in excruciating (this word was invented for crucifixion!) pain and THEN I suggest after being dead for three days you resurrect and appear to over 500 witnesses!
Then I'll spend lots of time on debating forums telling everyone about you!

I did that the other day.
PROVE ME WRONG, HERPADERP.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2009 11:53:02 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 2/23/2009 11:43:18 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
MUCH better to prove you ARE God..
HERE'S how you do it.. After doing countless miracles, healings etc you declare yourself to be the Son of God and the ONLY way to the Father, THEN after accusing the religious establishment of every falsehood and fallacy you allow yourself to be betrayed into their hands.
THEN, I suggest you allow yourself to be mocked, tortured and crucified in excruciating (this word was invented for crucifixion!) pain and THEN I suggest after being dead for three days you resurrect and appear to over 500 witnesses!

O, is that all?

I did all that 2000 years ago.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Tin_Man
Posts: 45
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2009 6:19:47 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 2/23/2009 11:43:18 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
MUCH better to prove you ARE God..
HERE'S how you do it.. After doing countless miracles, healings etc you declare yourself to be the Son of God and the ONLY way to the Father, THEN after accusing the religious establishment of every falsehood and fallacy you allow yourself to be betrayed into their hands.
THEN, I suggest you allow yourself to be mocked, tortured and crucified in excruciating (this word was invented for crucifixion!) pain and THEN I suggest after being dead for three days you resurrect and appear to over 500 witnesses!
Then I'll spend lots of time on debating forums telling everyone about you!

Wait... is that all?

I've done MORE than countless miracles, since I created unimaginable numbers of "human existences" before you. I am not the only God. It would get pretty boring in the afterlife if it were just me to stew in my own magnificent brilliance. There are a couple of others up here.

I have been mocked and persecuted, mainly by blasphemous unbelievers like you, who I will smite upon the day of judgment. I did not create a human version of myself to send to earth... after all, I'm God. I can just zap people who need to be zapped, and send sheep down to people who need them. People have been worshiping me for years; what point is there in sending a human on my behalf? A little insulting to think I would need to resort to such a tactic.

I have millions of worshipers across both this planet and others. How do you know? I suppose you'll have to take that on faith. But they did see me do miracles, and you know because I am God, and I said so.

Amen.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2009 10:14:40 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 2/24/2009 10:02:51 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
expressing your own feelings of impotency at not being able to prove ME wrong?

How come YOU must RANDOMLY pick words in your sentence and do them in all CAPS?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2009 10:18:20 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 2/24/2009 10:16:26 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
JUST to ANNOY people..

So is this to suggest you're goal on this website is to annoy? Although 50% of people picked this up already. I have a feeling Josh recruited you on some Christian site, seeing as he has a bounty on his head here.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2009 11:03:08 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Your 'feeling' about my being recruited is incorrect.. as feelings SO often are.
Your not the first person to comment on my use of caps BUT my 'annoy' reply was throwaway rather than serious.. I use them, of course, for EMPHASIS..
And I've noticed a few others are already picking it up so it's not all negative feedback by any means.
The Cross.. the Cross.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2009 11:08:14 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 2/24/2009 11:03:08 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
Your 'feeling' about my being recruited is incorrect.. as feelings SO often are.
Your not the first person to comment on my use of caps BUT my 'annoy' reply was throwaway rather than serious.. I use them, of course, for EMPHASIS..
And I've noticed a few others are already picking it up so it's not all negative feedback by any means.

Well, emphasis or not, it can be annoying. In the words of poejoe:

You would probably be banned from newgrounds for doing this
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2009 11:20:56 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
SORRY pandaboy.. Your just gonna HAVE to live with it.. and ME.
It is my solemn duty to inform you that you MUST stand before almighty God's judgement seat one Day.. And as you are, you are NAKED in your sins which means 'the wrath of God abides with you'.. BIG PROBLEM.
Every SINGLE day God 'averts' his gaze from you whilst holding out His Son saying " Cover yourself up son.. clothe yourself in righteousness.. in Christ.."
The Cross.. the Cross.