Total Posts:179|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Women in Islam vs Judaism:

harrytruman
Posts: 812
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 10:10:59 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
Muslims try to show a whole array of verses from the Tanakh to "prove that women are given no rights in Judaism. I will get into how these verses are untranslated and misinterpreted later in this thread, but first let me point something out:
How many female prophets are there in Judaism- 7
How many female prophets are there in Islam- 0
So you do the math and tell me which is progressive.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 10:18:31 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 9/4/2016 10:10:59 PM, harrytruman wrote:
Muslims try to show a whole array of verses from the Tanakh to "prove that women are given no rights in Judaism. I will get into how these verses are untranslated and misinterpreted later in this thread, but first let me point something out:
How many female prophets are there in Judaism- 7
How many female prophets are there in Islam- 0
So you do the math and tell me which is progressive.

Response: That's not progression. The definition of progression is not "have a woman as a prophet". So the connection is invalid.

Furthermore, Allah made men by nature to be less sensitive and more inclined to fight. Therefore, a man is naturally more equipped to be a leader and defend the people, as he is more emotionally stable to do so. The proof of that is that at no time was there ever men oppression by women. No. It was women oppressed by men. Clearly, men are stronger by nature.

So you must now prove that women by nature are equal to men in their sensitivity to make a point. You can't, thus your argument remains flawed.
harrytruman
Posts: 812
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 10:25:44 PM
Posted: 3 months ago

Response: That's not progression. The definition of progression is not "have a woman as a prophet". So the connection is invalid.

Furthermore, Allah made men by nature to be less sensitive and more inclined to fight. Therefore, a man is naturally more equipped to be a leader and defend the people, as he is more emotionally stable to do so. The proof of that is that at no time was there ever men oppression by women. No. It was women oppressed by men. Clearly, men are stronger by nature.

So you must now prove that women by nature are equal to men in their sensitivity to make a point. You can't, thus your argument remains flawed.

I don't really have to, you claimed that they are now you are demanding that I prove you wrong as if your claims are to be automatically regarded as true until proven otherwise.

The point was that men and women are equal in Judaism, but not in Islam. And you actually supported this claim by saying that women cannot be leaders. But in Judaism the first leader that G-d appointed to lead Israel was a woman, Deborah.

Again, in Islam they view women as inferior, they just try to down play it today. It's nonsense, besides, your Quran permits wife beating 4:34. So much for women are sensitive.
thedynasty139
Posts: 160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 10:34:11 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 9/4/2016 10:10:59 PM, harrytruman wrote:
Muslims try to show a whole array of verses from the Tanakh to "prove that women are given no rights in Judaism. I will get into how these verses are untranslated and misinterpreted later in this thread, but first let me point something out:
How many female prophets are there in Judaism- 7
How many female prophets are there in Islam- 0
So you do the math and tell me which is progressive.

Number of female prophets doesn't really indicate which religion is "progressive". That's like me saying that the fact that Eve is blamed for the original sin in the Old Testament whereas both Adam and Eve are blamed for the original sin in the Quran makes the Quran more progressive. The connection is non existent.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 10:34:20 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 9/4/2016 10:25:44 PM, harrytruman wrote:

I don't really have to, you claimed that they are now you are demanding that I prove you wrong as if your claims are to be automatically regarded as true until proven otherwise.

The point was that men and women are equal in Judaism, but not in Islam. And you actually supported this claim by saying that women cannot be leaders. But in Judaism the first leader that G-d appointed to lead Israel was a woman, Deborah.

Again, in Islam they view women as inferior, they just try to down play it today. It's nonsense, besides, your Quran permits wife beating 4:34. So much for women are sensitive.

Response: Exactly. men and women are not equal in Islam because a man is not a woman. As such, men and women are not given the same benefits. They are given what is best according to their nature.

Providing what is best is not the definition of inferior. Islam provides what is best. Not what is equal. Your logic fails again.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,652
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 11:01:32 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 9/4/2016 10:34:20 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 9/4/2016 10:25:44 PM, harrytruman wrote:

I don't really have to, you claimed that they are now you are demanding that I prove you wrong as if your claims are to be automatically regarded as true until proven otherwise.

The point was that men and women are equal in Judaism, but not in Islam. And you actually supported this claim by saying that women cannot be leaders. But in Judaism the first leader that G-d appointed to lead Israel was a woman, Deborah.

Again, in Islam they view women as inferior, they just try to down play it today. It's nonsense, besides, your Quran permits wife beating 4:34. So much for women are sensitive.

Response: Exactly. men and women are not equal in Islam because a man has a penis and a woman doe not. As such, men and women are not given the same benefits. They are given what is best according to their genitals.

Providing what is best is not the definition of inferior. Islam provides what is best for men. Not what is equal. Your logic fails again.

fixd
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
GoogooGaga
Posts: 92
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 11:36:35 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 9/4/2016 10:10:59 PM, harrytruman wrote:
Muslims try to show a whole array of verses from the Tanakh to "prove that women are given no rights in Judaism. I will get into how these verses are untranslated and misinterpreted later in this thread, but first let me point something out:
How many female prophets are there in Judaism- 7
How many female prophets are there in Islam- 0
So you do the math and tell me which is progressive.

How many women blow themselves up in the name of a Jewish God? Zero.
How many women blow in the name of Allah? 3 per man.
Serial killers get caught by their signature, I'm not a serial killer though... LOL
harrytruman
Posts: 812
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 11:51:44 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 9/4/2016 11:36:35 PM, GoogooGaga wrote:
At 9/4/2016 10:10:59 PM, harrytruman wrote:
Muslims try to show a whole array of verses from the Tanakh to "prove that women are given no rights in Judaism. I will get into how these verses are untranslated and misinterpreted later in this thread, but first let me point something out:
How many female prophets are there in Judaism- 7
How many female prophets are there in Islam- 0
So you do the math and tell me which is progressive.

How many women blow themselves up in the name of a Jewish God? Zero.
How many women blow in the name of Allah? 3 per man.

Jews don't blow themselves up either.
harrytruman
Posts: 812
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 11:54:48 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
Response: Exactly. men and women are not equal in Islam because a man is not a woman. As such, men and women are not given the same benefits. They are given what is best according to their nature.

Providing what is best is not the definition of inferior. Islam provides what is best. Not what is equal. Your logic fails again.

No, your logic has failed again because you are yet to prove that this is best, also- you just admitted that women are lesser than men in Islam. And this has nothing to do with benefits. Your prophet taught things contrary to the Torah and should have been stoned to death.
harrytruman
Posts: 812
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 11:57:10 PM
Posted: 3 months ago

Number of female prophets doesn't really indicate which religion is "progressive". That's like me saying that the fact that Eve is blamed for the original sin in the Old Testament whereas both Adam and Eve are blamed for the original sin in the Quran makes the Quran more progressive. The connection is non existent.

That's not true, the OT doesn't blame Chava for the original sin, especially since there was no original sin. Besides, I think that putting women in high positions is progressive provided they are equipped to fulfil this jobs duties, that's equality.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 12:06:44 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 9/4/2016 11:54:48 PM, harrytruman wrote:

No, your logic has failed again because you are yet to prove that this is best, also- you just admitted that women are lesser than men in Islam. And this has nothing to do with benefits. Your prophet taught things contrary to the Torah and should have been stoned to death.

Response: Asking for proof that it is best to do what is best is ludicrous. So you make no sense. Furthermore, the Prophet is not obligated to follow the Torah so again your argument fails.
harrytruman
Posts: 812
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 12:11:00 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
Response: Asking for proof that it is best to do what is best is ludicrous. So you make no sense. Furthermore, the Prophet is not obligated to follow the Torah so again your argument fails.

You automatically assume that women being mistreated us best then say that the best is clearly the best. You need to go back to school on logic.
And yes a prophet has to teach according to the Torah otherwise he is a false prophet.
harrytruman
Posts: 812
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 12:12:57 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
Also this discussion was on how women are inferior to men in Islam, which is false. So you just confirmed my case before I even began.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 12:14:43 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 9/5/2016 12:11:00 AM, harrytruman wrote:

You automatically assume that women being mistreated us best then say that the best is clearly the best. You need to go back to school on logic.
And yes a prophet has to teach according to the Torah otherwise he is a false prophet.

Response: No where have I stated that mistreating women is best, supported by your inability to quote and prove otherwise. So clearly your deluded logic stems from your own ideology of mistreating women. You need to stop running into brick walls head first.

And no, the Torah does not exist in its original form so whatever you are calling a Torah is just another example of the side effects of running into brick walls head first.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 12:16:11 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 9/5/2016 12:12:57 AM, harrytruman wrote:
Also this discussion was on how women are inferior to men in Islam, which is false. So you just confirmed my case before I even began.

Response: Yet your weak rebuttals show otherwise. Debunked as usual. Try again.
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,684
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 12:18:34 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 9/4/2016 10:10:59 PM, harrytruman wrote:
How many female prophets are there in Judaism- 7
How many female prophets are there in Islam- 0
So you do the math and tell me which is progressive.

The majority of prophets mentioned in the Quran were either sent to the Jews or were from the Jews themselves...
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
Chloe8
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 12:24:51 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 9/4/2016 10:10:59 PM, harrytruman wrote:
Muslims try to show a whole array of verses from the Tanakh to "prove that women are given no rights in Judaism. I will get into how these verses are untranslated and misinterpreted later in this thread, but first let me point something out:
How many female prophets are there in Judaism- 7
How many female prophets are there in Islam- 0
So you do the math and tell me which is progressive.

Both of your false religions were made up by unenlightened bigots who treated women as second class citizens.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
harrytruman
Posts: 812
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 12:37:16 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
Response: No where have I stated that mistreating women is best, supported by your inability to quote and prove otherwise. So clearly your deluded logic stems from your own ideology of mistreating women. You need to stop running into brick walls head first.

Quran 4:34, Sahih Muslim 4.2127, and Ishaq 969, go see, your false prophet said that wife beating is OK.

And no, the Torah does not exist in its original form so whatever you are calling a Torah is just another example of the side effects of running into brick walls head first.

I suppose you can prove this? Also, this was invented by Muslims to excuse the Quran contradicting the Torah which it confirms. Muhammad never said this.

And another thing, I could invent a book saying that Muhammad was a cow space alien who lived on the sun, and you would probably deny such a book. This is because it contradicts the Quran, but I could say that the Quran was corrupted and in the original Quran said this.
harrytruman
Posts: 812
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 12:39:35 AM
Posted: 3 months ago

Both of your false religions were made up by unenlightened bigots who treated women as second class citizens.

That's why the first person that Hashem appointed to lead the Nation of Israel was a woman right? That's also why we had 7 women prophets?
Chloe8
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 12:46:57 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 9/5/2016 12:39:35 AM, harrytruman wrote:

Both of your false religions were made up by unenlightened bigots who treated women as second class citizens.

That's why the first person that Hashem appointed to lead the Nation of Israel was a woman right? That's also why we had 7 women prophets?

Yes and 48 male prophets. Over six times more men.

Your holy book also contains these verses:

Raped virgins must marry their rapist, the father is paid for her loss of virginity

"28 If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay her father fifty shekels[a] of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives." " Deuteronomy 22:28-29, NIV

Slave women can be promised to Jewish men; If another Jew sleeps with her she is punished

"20 If a man sleeps with a female slave who is promised to another man but who has not been ransomed or given her freedom, there must be due punishment. Yet they are not to be put to death, because she had not been freed." " Leviticus 19:20, NIV

Jews may sell their daughters into marital slavery

"7 "If a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as male servants do. 8 If she does not please the master who has selected her for himself,[a] he must let her be redeemed. He has no right to sell her to foreigners, because he has broken faith with her.9 If he selects her for his son, he must grant her the rights of a daughter. 10 If he marries another woman, he must not deprive the first one of her food, clothing and marital rights.11 If he does not provide her with these three things, she is to go free, without any payment of money." - Exodus 21:7-11 NIV

A priest"s daughter who becomes a "prostitute" is burned to death

"If a priest"s daughter defiles herself by becoming a prostitute, she disgraces her father; she must be burned in the fire." " Leviticus 21:9, NIV

If a woman grabs an assailants testicles to save her husband during a fight her hand is cut off

"11 If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, 12 you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity." " Deuteronomy 25:11-12, NIV

The dollar value of a woman is less than that of a man

"3 set the value of a male between the ages of twenty and sixty at fifty shekels of silver, according to the sanctuary shekel; 4 for a female, set her value at thirty shekels; 5 for a person between the ages of five and twenty, set the value of a male at twenty shekels and of a female at ten shekels; 6 for a person between one month and five years, set the value of a male at five shekels of silver and that of a female at three shekels of silver; 7 for a person sixty years old or more, set the value of a male at fifteen shekels and of a female at ten shekels." " Leviticus 27:3-7, NIV

Women who give birth to girls are unclean for two months vs seven days for giving birth to a boy

"Then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, 2 "Speak to the sons of Israel, saying: "When a woman gives birth and bears a male child, then she shall be unclean for seven days, as in the days of her menstruation she shall be unclean. 3 On the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised. 4 Then she shall remain in the blood of her purification for thirty-three days; she shall not touch any consecrated thing, nor enter the sanctuary until the days of her purification are completed. 5 But if she bears a female child, then she shall be unclean for two weeks, as in her menstruation; and she shall remain in the blood of her purification for sixty-six days." " Leviticus 12: 1-5, NIV

Daughters Can Only Inherit Property If Their Are No Sons

"8 You shall speak to the children of Israel, saying, "If a man dies, and has no son, then you shall cause his inheritance to pass to his daughter. 9 If he has no daughter, then you shall give his inheritance to his brothers." " Numbers 27: 8, World English Bible

Women cannot make vows without permission from a man. The vows of of widows and divorcees are automatically null (Numbers 30: 9)

3 "When a young woman still living in her father"s household makes a vow to the Lord or obligates herself by a pledge 4 and her father hears about her vow or pledge but says nothing to her, then all her vows and every pledge by which she obligated herself will stand. 5 But if her father forbids her when he hears about it, none of her vows or the pledges by which she obligated herself will stand; the Lord will release her because her father has forbidden her. 6 "If she marries after she makes a vow or after her lips utter a rash promise by which she obligates herself 7 and her husband hears about it but says nothing to her, then her vows or the pledges by which she obligated herself will stand. 8 But if her husband forbids her when he hears about it, he nullifies the vow that obligates her or the rash promise by which she obligates herself, and the Lord will release her. 9 "Any vow or obligation taken by a widow or divorced woman will be binding on her. 10 "If a woman living with her husband makes a vow or obligates herself by a pledge under oath 11 and her husband hears about it but says nothing to her and does not forbid her, then all her vows or the pledges by which she obligated herself will stand. 12 But if her husband nullifies them when he hears about them, then none of the vows or pledges that came from her lips will stand. Her husband has nullified them, and the Lord will release her. 13 Her husband may confirm or nullify any vow she makes or any sworn pledge to deny herself. 14 But if her husband says nothing to her about it from day to day, then he confirms all her vows or the pledges binding on her. He confirms them by saying nothing to her when he hears about them. 15 If, however, he nullifies them some time after he hears about them, then he must bear the consequences of her wrongdoing." 16 These are the regulations the Lord gave Moses concerning relationships between a man and his wife, and between a father and his young daughter still living at home. " Numbers 30:3-16, NIV

Women with inheritances can only marry within their tribe

5 Moses commanded the children of Israel according to Yahweh"s word, saying, "The tribe of the sons of Joseph speaks right. 6 This is the thing which Yahweh does command concerning the daughters of Zelophehad, saying, "Let them be married to whom they think best; only they shall marry into the family of the tribe of their father. 7 So shall no inheritance of the children of Israel move from tribe to tribe; for the children of Israel shall all keep the inheritance of the tribe of his fathers. 8 Every daughter who possesses an inheritance in any tribe of the children of Israel shall be wife to one of the family of the tribe of her father, that the children of Israel may each possess the inheritance of his fathers. 9 So shall no inheritance move from one tribe to another tribe; for the tribes of the children of Israel shall each keep his own inheritance."" " Deuteronomy 36: 5-9
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 12:52:38 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 9/5/2016 12:37:16 AM, harrytruman wrote:

Quran 4:34, Sahih Muslim 4.2127, and Ishaq 969, go see, your false prophet said that wife beating is OK.

And no, the Torah does not exist in its original form so whatever you are calling a Torah is just another example of the side effects of running into brick walls head first.

I suppose you can prove this? Also, this was invented by Muslims to excuse the Quran contradicting the Torah which it confirms. Muhammad never said this.

And another thing, I could invent a book saying that Muhammad was a cow space alien who lived on the sun, and you would probably deny such a book. This is because it contradicts the Quran, but I could say that the Quran was corrupted and in the original Quran said this.

Response: As for hitting the wife, verse 34 does allow hitting the wife as a disciplinary act by the husband if she disobeys the protection provided by the husband (such as allowing his enemies in the home, using the money he provides to financially stabilize the family for her own personal gain, etc.,) yet as verse 19 demonstrates, women are to be treated with kindness. Thus the hit should not be abusive or painful. The Sunnah of the prophet states that when asked of what force to beat a women, the prophet displays the bristles of a toothbrush, demonstrating how light the hit must be. The prophet also forbids hitting women in the face or leaving a mark. In short, the hitting is very light, thus it is not unjust, as it leaves no marks or causes pain. With that said, the usual objection by non-Muslims is that it's still wrong because no one likes to be hit. To that I say then, that you should help to free every prisoner from jail. Why? Because they don't like it. Anyone can see the absurdity. It's a punishment. It's not supposed to be liked. Once again, Islam is still established as a just religion.

Now your turn.

Wives submit to husbands Col:3:18 , Ephes. 22-24
Woman are born double polluted than men Lev. 12:1-5
harrytruman
Posts: 812
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 1:34:18 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
Response: As for hitting the wife, verse 34 does allow hitting the wife as a disciplinary act by the husband if she disobeys the protection provided by the husband (such as allowing his enemies in the home, using the money he provides to financially stabilize the family for her own personal gain, etc.,) yet as verse 19 demonstrates, women are to be treated with kindness. Thus the hit should not be abusive or painful. The Sunnah of the prophet states that when asked of what force to beat a women, the prophet displays the bristles of a toothbrush, demonstrating how light the hit must be. The prophet also forbids hitting women in the face or leaving a mark. In short, the hitting is very light, thus it is not unjust, as it leaves no marks or causes pain. With that said, the usual objection by non-Muslims is that it's still wrong because no one likes to be hit. To that I say then, that you should help to free every prisoner from jail. Why? Because they don't like it. Anyone can see the absurdity. It's a punishment. It's not supposed to be liked. Once again, Islam is still established as a just religion.

Now your turn.

Where in the Sunnah does it say this? You haven't provided a reference, on the other hand, Sahih Muslim 4.2127 says that Muhammad caused his wife pain, so this is clearly seen as acceptable to Muhammad, that or he is a hypocrite.

Also it doesn't really matter because you make the assumption that husbands have the authority to punish their wives, this is simply not the case. In fact the Prophet Hosea had a wife that was always cheating on him yet G-d told him he still had to love her, and he couldn't do anything to her.

submit to husbands Col:3:18 , Ephes. 22-24

That's from the Non testament.

Woman are born double polluted than men Lev. 12:1-5

That verse doesn't say that.
harrytruman
Posts: 812
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 1:41:32 AM
Posted: 3 months ago

Yes and 48 male prophets. Over six times more men.

Yes but the best prophets were women. Just as most monarchs were men but the ones that were women were given the most renounced, Queen Esther, for example.

Your holy book also contains these verses:

Raped virgins must marry their rapist, the father is paid for her loss of virginity

No, rapists are stoned to death.

"28 If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay her father fifty shekels[a] of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives." " Deuteronomy 22:28-29, NIV

Look at the original Hebrew, this verse is referring to something entirely different.

Slave women can be promised to Jewish men; If another Jew sleeps with her she is punished

"20 If a man sleeps with a female slave who is promised to another man but who has not been ransomed or given her freedom, there must be due punishment. Yet they are not to be put to death, because she had not been freed." " Leviticus 19:20, NIV

She isn't punished, the man is punished only.

Jews may sell their daughters into marital slavery

"7 "If a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as male servants do. 8 If she does not please the master who has selected her for himself,[a] he must let her be redeemed. He has no right to sell her to foreigners, because he has broken faith with her.9 If he selects her for his son, he must grant her the rights of a daughter. 10 If he marries another woman, he must not deprive the first one of her food, clothing and marital rights.11 If he does not provide her with these three things, she is to go free, without any payment of money." - Exodus 21:7-11 NIV

This is a mistranslation,

A priest"s daughter who becomes a "prostitute" is burned to death

"If a priest"s daughter defiles herself by becoming a prostitute, she disgraces her father; she must be burned in the fire." " Leviticus 21:9, NIV

A priests son who is unchaste is burnt to death also.

If a woman grabs an assailants testicles to save her husband during a fight her hand is cut off

"11 If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, 12 you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity." " Deuteronomy 25:11-12, NIV

I have to look at this one in depth, but the best option here is simply not to trap peroples junk.

The dollar value of a woman is less than that of a man

"3 set the value of a male between the ages of twenty and sixty at fifty shekels of silver, according to the sanctuary shekel; 4 for a female, set her value at thirty shekels; 5 for a person between the ages of five and twenty, set the value of a male at twenty shekels and of a female at ten shekels; 6 for a person between one month and five years, set the value of a male at five shekels of silver and that of a female at three shekels of silver; 7 for a person sixty years old or more, set the value of a male at fifteen shekels and of a female at ten shekels." " Leviticus 27:3-7, NIV

This doesn't imply oppression. Intact it would make women less sold as servants.

Women who give birth to girls are unclean for two months vs seven days for giving birth to a boy

"Then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, 2 "Speak to the sons of Israel, saying: "When a woman gives birth and bears a male child, then she shall be unclean for seven days, as in the days of her menstruation she shall be unclean. 3 On the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised. 4 Then she shall remain in the blood of her purification for thirty-three days; she shall not touch any consecrated thing, nor enter the sanctuary until the days of her purification are completed. 5 But if she bears a female child, then she shall be unclean for two weeks, as in her menstruation; and she shall remain in the blood of her purification for sixty-six days." " Leviticus 12: 1-5, NIV

Being ritualy impure doesn't imply something evil.

Daughters Can Only Inherit Property If Their Are No Sons

"8 You shall speak to the children of Israel, saying, "If a man dies, and has no son, then you shall cause his inheritance to pass to his daughter. 9 If he has no daughter, then you shall give his inheritance to his brothers." " Numbers 27: 8, World English Bible

But they can inherent and Own property, unlike anyone else at the time.

Women cannot make vows without permission from a man. The vows of of widows and divorcees are automatically null (Numbers 30: 9)

3 "When a young woman still living in her father"s household makes a vow to the Lord or obligates herself by a pledge 4 and her father hears about her vow or pledge but says nothing to her, then all her vows and every pledge by which she obligated herself will stand. 5 But if her father forbids her when he hears about it, none of her vows or the pledges by which she obligated herself will stand; the Lord will release her because her father has forbidden her. 6 "If she marries after she makes a vow or after her lips utter a rash promise by which she obligates herself 7 and her husband hears about it but says nothing to her, then her vows or the pledges by which she obligated herself will stand. 8 But if her husband forbids her when he hears about it, he nullifies the vow that obligates her or the rash promise by which she obligates herself, and the Lord will release her. 9 "Any vow or obligation taken by a widow or divorced woman will be binding on her. 10 "If a woman living with her husband makes a vow or obligates herself by a pledge under oath 11 and her husband hears about it but says nothing to her and does not forbid her, then all her vows or the pledges by which she obligated herself will stand. 12 But if her husband nullifies them when he hears about them, then none of the vows or pledges that came from her lips will stand. Her husband has nullified them, and the Lord will release her. 13 Her husband may confirm or nullify any vow she makes or any sworn pledge to deny herself. 14 But if her husband says nothing to her about it from day to day, then he confirms all her vows or the pledges binding on her. He confirms them by saying nothing to her when he hears about them. 15 If, however, he nullifies them some time after he hears about them, then he must bear the consequences of her wrongdoing." 16 These are the regulations the Lord gave Moses concerning relationships between a man and his wife, and between a father and his young daughter still living at home. " Numbers 30:3-16, NIV

This refers to both men and women.

Women with inheritances can only marry within their tribe

5 Moses commanded the children of Israel according to Yahweh"s word, saying, "The tribe of the sons of Joseph speaks right. 6 This is the thing which Yahweh does command concerning the daughters of Zelophehad, saying, "Let them be married to whom they think best; only they shall marry into the family of the tribe of their father. 7 So shall no inheritance of the children of Israel move from tribe to tribe; for the children of Israel shall all keep the inheritance of the tribe of his fathers. 8 Every daughter who possesses an inheritance in any tribe of the children of Israel shall be wife to one of the family of the tribe of her father, that the children of Israel may each possess the inheritance of his fathers. 9 So shall no inheritance move from one tribe to another tribe; for the tribes of the children of Israel shall each keep his own inheritance."" " Deuteronomy 36: 5-9

Same with men.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 4:11:51 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 9/5/2016 1:34:18 AM, harrytruman wrote:

Where in the Sunnah does it say this? You haven't provided a reference, on the other hand, Sahih Muslim 4.2127 says that Muhammad caused his wife pain, so this is clearly seen as acceptable to Muhammad, that or he is a hypocrite.

Also it doesn't really matter because you make the assumption that husbands have the authority to punish their wives, this is simply not the case. In fact the Prophet Hosea had a wife that was always cheating on him yet G-d told him he still had to love her, and he couldn't do anything to her.

submit to husbands Col:3:18 , Ephes. 22-24

That's from the Non testament.

Woman are born double polluted than men Lev. 12:1-5

That verse doesn't say that.

Response: Aisha herself reports that Muhammad has never beat a woman and was the best of men. Thus the hadith in which you are quoting was not a hit to cause Aisha pain, but one of the miraculous healing factors in which Muhammad uses to remove doubt by pressing or pushig the chest of someone. The same is found in Bukhari Volume 4 Book 52 number 273. Thus Muhammad "lahaza" pushed or pressed his hands on Aisha's chest to heal her from her negative doubts, not as an act of punishment to use force or pain to discipline her. Once again, and as usual, your argument is debunked.

As for the rest, you must be stupid. I quote verses from your scripture and all you have to say in response is " That verse doesn't say that". Yet you think I'm supposed to break down verses for you? Silly Jew.

Another cowardly apologist. Let me know when you're ready to step into the big league. Take this with you;

Moses kills little boys and rapes young women -Numbers 31:17-18
harrytruman
Posts: 812
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 4:33:33 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
Response: Aisha herself reports that Muhammad has never beat a woman and was the best of men. Thus the hadith in which you are quoting was not a hit to cause Aisha pain, but one of the miraculous healing factors in which Muhammad uses to remove doubt by pressing or pushig the chest of someone. The same is found in Bukhari Volume 4 Book 52 number 273. Thus Muhammad "lahaza" pushed or pressed his hands on Aisha's chest to heal her from her negative doubts, not as an act of punishment to use force or pain to discipline her. Once again, and as usual, your argument is debunked.

Most abused women come up with arguments as such.

As for the rest, you must be stupid. I quote verses from your scripture and all you have to say in response is " That verse doesn't say that". Yet you think I'm supposed to break down verses for you? Silly Jew.

It just doesn't say that- I don't know where you got this from. This verse gives instructions on the Niddah (separation), it says nothing about women being filthy.

Another cowardly apologist. Let me know when you're ready to step into the big league. Take this with you;

Moses kills little boys and rapes young women -Numbers 31:17-18

הרג זכר טף הרג אשה ידע איש כזשכב זכד אשה טף ידע זכר משכב חיה

harag zakar taph harag 'ishshah yada' 'iysh mishkab zakar 'ishshah taph yada' zakar mishkab chayah

"Kill every man, young boy, and woman, who has known a man by lying with him, but spare the young girls who have not known a man."
Spare the women, that's all I see there.
uncung
Posts: 3,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 5:12:29 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 9/4/2016 11:51:44 PM, harrytruman wrote:
At 9/4/2016 11:36:35 PM, GoogooGaga wrote:
At 9/4/2016 10:10:59 PM, harrytruman wrote:
Muslims try to show a whole array of verses from the Tanakh to "prove that women are given no rights in Judaism. I will get into how these verses are untranslated and misinterpreted later in this thread, but first let me point something out:
How many female prophets are there in Judaism- 7
How many female prophets are there in Islam- 0
So you do the math and tell me which is progressive.

How many women blow themselves up in the name of a Jewish God? Zero.
How many women blow in the name of Allah? 3 per man.

Jews don't blow themselves up either.

they rely on drone, F 16 and money for sure instead, right?
uncung
Posts: 3,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 6:14:23 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 9/5/2016 5:27:59 AM, harrytruman wrote:
they rely on drone, F 16 and money for sure instead, right?

What are you talking about?

you talk about Muslim women who have no drone and f16 that's why they blown their self.
Beisht_Kione
Posts: 233
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 6:57:07 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 9/4/2016 10:34:20 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 9/4/2016 10:25:44 PM, harrytruman wrote:

I don't really have to, you claimed that they are now you are demanding that I prove you wrong as if your claims are to be automatically regarded as true until proven otherwise.

The point was that men and women are equal in Judaism, but not in Islam. And you actually supported this claim by saying that women cannot be leaders. But in Judaism the first leader that G-d appointed to lead Israel was a woman, Deborah.

Again, in Islam they view women as inferior, they just try to down play it today. It's nonsense, besides, your Quran permits wife beating 4:34. So much for women are sensitive.

Response: Exactly. men and women are not equal in Islam because a man is not a woman. As such, men and women are not given the same benefits. They are given what is best according to their nature.

Providing what is best is not the definition of inferior. Islam provides what is best. Not what is equal. Your logic fails again.

Per Sharia Law, two female witnesses are the equivalent one male witness. Per this law, I can safely conclude that, according to Islam, women are inferior to men.