Jump to topic:

Can believers do greater works than Jesus did

PetriFB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 1:53:08 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
In modern times, among believers, there is an ever increasing number of arguments and teachings, according to which believers would be capable of doing qualitatively greater works than the Lord Jesus did. When we study this in regard to what the Bible in full says and witnesses about this topic, we can see that the disciples of the Lord Jesus are not capable of doing greater works, i.e. greater in power (the Holy Spirit) than what Jesus did. Instead, the word "greater" refers to powerful works that are done through the Holy Spirit and that are greater in number and done by a bigger number of people. Spend time in prayer and compare the present text to what the Bible teaches us.

More info: http://www.kotipetripaavola.com...
Z_ONE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 2:02:40 PM
At 9/5/2016 1:53:08 PM, PetriFB wrote:
In modern times, among believers, there is an ever increasing number of arguments and teachings, according to which believers would be capable of doing qualitatively greater works than the Lord Jesus did. When we study this in regard to what the Bible in full says and witnesses about this topic, we can see that the disciples of the Lord Jesus are not capable of doing greater works, i.e. greater in power (the Holy Spirit) than what Jesus did. Instead, the word "greater" refers to powerful works that are done through the Holy Spirit and that are greater in number and done by a bigger number of people. Spend time in prayer and compare the present text to what the Bible teaches us.

The Bible cannot teach anyone because it doesn't know whether a liar is reading it or not. Liars cannot interpret the biblical prophecies because they are not used to testify to the Word of the Lord and obey it's commandments.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 3:32:03 PM

potentially through the power of the Holy Spirit believers world wide will do miracles, so I believe it refers to greater in a numerical way and a greater effect by numbers..
Z_ONE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 3:44:49 PM
At 9/5/2016 3:32:03 PM, graceofgod wrote:

potentially through the power of the Holy Spirit believers world wide will do miracles, so I believe it refers to greater in a numerical way and a greater effect by numbers.. : :

Only the stupid inhabitants who believe they're standing on a real planet believe they can perform miracles that God planned a very long time ago.

Matthew 7
21: "Not every one who says to me, `Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
22: On that day many will say to me, `Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?'
23: And then will I declare to them, `I never knew you; depart from me, you evildoers.'
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 3:45:06 PM

potentially through the power of the Holy Spirit believers world wide will do miracles, so I believe it refers to greater in a numerical way and a greater effect by numbers..

God used to talk to people via burning bushes, part seas so people could walk through them, transport people to his desired destination via a multiday ride inside of a fish, turn water into wine, walk on water, etc. Now all we get is questionable images in toast.

I used to have a religious friend that thought he would some day literally move a mountain by thinking about it. I told him to let me know when he is ready to do it because I would love to watch :)
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 3:49:34 PM
At 9/5/2016 3:45:06 PM, matt8800 wrote:

God used to talk to people via burning bushes, part seas so people could walk through them, transport people to his desired destination via a multiday ride inside of a fish, turn water into wine, walk on water, etc. Now all we get is questionable images in toast.

I used to have a religious friend that thought he would some day literally move a mountain by thinking about it. I told him to let me know when he is ready to do it because I would love to watch :)

lol...

blessed is he who believes without seeing...lol
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 3:50:22 PM
At 9/5/2016 3:49:34 PM, graceofgod wrote:

lol...

Scientologists and Mormons agree with you.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 3:54:52 PM
At 9/5/2016 3:50:22 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 9/5/2016 3:49:34 PM, graceofgod wrote:

lol...

Scientologists and Mormons agree with you.

yeah and jw's..