Jump to topic:

Abortion.

tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2016 10:42:09 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
Far better to abort a pregnancy in the early weeks of pregnancy than bring an unwanted child into the world. Of course it is sensible to use contraception to try to ensure one doesn't get pregnant if a child is not on the agenda.
Winker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2016 10:53:36 AM
At 9/6/2016 9:27:10 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
The video says it all really

https://www.facebook.com... : ;

Images formed in man's mind can be very convincing, that's for sure.

Psalm 92
5: How great are thy works, O LORD! Thy thoughts are very deep!
6: The dull man cannot know, the stupid cannot understand this:

Jeremiah 10
14: Every man is stupid and without knowledge; every goldsmith is put to shame by his idols; for his images are false, and there is no breath in them.

Psalm 94
7: and they say, "The LORD does not see; the God of Jacob does not perceive."
8: Understand, O dullest of the people! Fools, when will you be wise?
9: He who planted the ear, does he not hear? He who formed the eye, does he not see?
10: He who chastens the nations, does he not chastise? He who teaches men knowledge,
11: the LORD, knows the thoughts of man, that they are but a breath.

Don't worry about the images you observe. They will all be burned up or drowned in water.

Isaiah 43
1: But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.
2: When you pass through the waters I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.

We're not created as visible objects so don't be deceived by what you observe in the world.
ANON_TacTiX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2016 9:00:46 PM

https://www.facebook.com...

That an aborted fetus can move if it doesn't die? I already knew that, and I don't see your point.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Albert Einstein
PureX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 3:55:31 PM
Human beings die painful and gruesome deaths, unnecessarily, every day, all over the world. Deaths that could have been prevented, and certainly suffering that could have been prevented.

When the anti-abortion crowd becomes as concerned with all this suffering and death as they are with the suffering and death of human fetuses, I will take them more seriously. Until then, abortion remains an issue of individual autonomy. It's the woman's right to choose what happens inside her own body, and at what point a developing human fetus acquires that same right.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 7:26:46 PM
At 9/6/2016 10:42:09 AM, tarantula wrote:
Far better to abort a pregnancy in the early weeks of pregnancy than bring an unwanted child into the world. Of course it is sensible to use contraception to try to ensure one doesn't get pregnant if a child is not on the agenda.

And you say what JWs teach is monstrous?

One thing you can be sure of is that someone somewhere will want any child they can adopt.

If you don't want a child, don;t do what brings one. It's that simple.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 7:27:52 PM
At 9/6/2016 10:53:36 AM, Winker wrote:

https://www.facebook.com... : ;

Images formed in man's mind can be very convincing, that's for sure.

Psalm 92
5: How great are thy works, O LORD! Thy thoughts are very deep!
6: The dull man cannot know, the stupid cannot understand this:

Jeremiah 10
14: Every man is stupid and without knowledge; every goldsmith is put to shame by his idols; for his images are false, and there is no breath in them.

Psalm 94
7: and they say, "The LORD does not see; the God of Jacob does not perceive."
8: Understand, O dullest of the people! Fools, when will you be wise?
9: He who planted the ear, does he not hear? He who formed the eye, does he not see?
10: He who chastens the nations, does he not chastise? He who teaches men knowledge,
11: the LORD, knows the thoughts of man, that they are but a breath.

Don't worry about the images you observe. They will all be burned up or drowned in water.

Isaiah 43
1: But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.
2: When you pass through the waters I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.

We're not created as visible objects so don't be deceived by what you observe in the world.

I would suggest that you not allow yourself to be deceived by the lying thoughts Satan puts in your head.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 7:28:43 PM
At 9/6/2016 9:00:46 PM, ANON_TacTiX wrote:

That an aborted fetus can move if it doesn't die? I already knew that, and I don't see your point.

Then you have a real problem with the realities of life. Abortion is murder simple as that.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 7:38:13 PM
At 9/7/2016 3:55:31 PM, PureX wrote:
Human beings die painful and gruesome deaths, unnecessarily, every day, all over the world. Deaths that could have been prevented, and certainly suffering that could have been prevented.

When the anti-abortion crowd becomes as concerned with all this suffering and death as they are with the suffering and death of human fetuses, I will take them more seriously. Until then, abortion remains an issue of individual autonomy. It's the woman's right to choose what happens inside her own body, and at what point a developing human fetus acquires that same right.

But what about teh right to life of the foetus she has brought inot existence?

If you don;t want a child don;t do what brings one. It is that simple.

And yes Jehovah is concerned about teh suffering and death all over this earth. That is why he created teh conditions for his son to come to earth to occupy the body of Jesus and suffer and die in that flesh.

The fact that he is not acting as quickly as people like you would wish makes no difference, those who suffer and die in this system will, in the vast majority of cases, get a resurrection into an immeasurably better one on a cleansed earth.

After a few thousand years of life n that system do you think they will even remember the suffering in this one?

Jehovah promises that they will not:

Isaiah 65:17
17 For look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth;
And the former things will not be called to mind,
Nor will they come up into the heart.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 7:43:11 PM

In Jehovah's eyes human life begins at creation and therefore so does the future child's right to the opportunity of everlasting life that an abortion will deny it.

Hence an abortion is not jsut stealing the presnet 70+ years of life from the child, btu the chance to qualify for eternal life on paradise earth.

That is quite something to deprive a child of just because the other cannot face the consequences of her own actions (or inaction).

And yes that applies to rape also. After all what was the foolish woman doing getting herself into a position to be raped anyway? Many manage to avoid it, why did she not do so?

But don't worry the rapist will get his, in Jehovah's own good time. No bad deed will go unpunished one way or another, because Jehovah, through his network of angels, sees everything.
ANON_TacTiX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 7:56:32 PM
At 9/7/2016 7:28:43 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Then you have a real problem with the realities of life. Abortion is murder simple as that.
Abortion involves killing a fetus, not a fully developed human baby. It is not murder. Besides, before a certain stage, the fetus can't even feel pain yet. Even after that stage, the fetus is killed humanely and with almost no pain (by lethal injection).

Regardless of whether it is murder or not, it is the mother's choice and nobody else's. This thing is growing in her. Living off of her. Nobody else has the right to tell her what she should and should not do. Besides, there are some cases where abortion is the best option. If the baby were to be born with a high likelihood of cancer or another terminal disease, for example. Not everyone has the means to take care of such a child, and it would only suffer. Or if the mother is raped. What mother can love a child that only serves as a reminder of the most traumatic moment in her life? Not many. Many can't even bear the thought of such a thing growing inside of them. Then there is the possibility that birthing the child would endanger of even kill the mother.

Also, I have no problem with reality. I just don't look at the world from a purely emotional point of view. I get that killing a potential human being (especially when it is in a form as cute as a fetus) sucks. It isn't like I relish the idea of an aborted fetus. i just realize that sometimes abortion is the best logical answer. I realize that logically, there is no problem with abortion. It is sad, but that does not make it wrong.

Besides, if killing a fetus is so bad, then what about killing animals for meat? Why is that not wrong. Unless you are a vegetarian. Then I guess this point is kind of useless. Oh well, I'll take a gamble that you aren't, as most people aren't.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Albert Einstein
ANON_TacTiX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 8:01:02 PM
At 9/7/2016 7:43:11 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

In Jehovah's eyes human life begins at creation and therefore so does the future child's right to the opportunity of everlasting life that an abortion will deny it.
Your religion, not everyone's. That makes abortion wrong in your eyes, not objectively so.
Hence an abortion is not jsut stealing the presnet 70+ years of life from the child, btu the chance to qualify for eternal life on paradise earth.
Again, so says your religion.
That is quite something to deprive a child of just because the other cannot face the consequences of her own actions (or inaction).

And yes that applies to rape also. After all what was the foolish woman doing getting herself into a position to be raped anyway? Many manage to avoid it, why did she not do so?
Because every woman that is raped goes, "Hmm. This guy is going to rape me, but I'll say hi anyway." Are you kidding me? How can you possibly believe that rape is the woman's fault? And you claim to have the moral high ground.
But don't worry the rapist will get his, in Jehovah's own good time. No bad deed will go unpunished one way or another, because Jehovah, through his network of angels, sees everything.
Your religion.
Durbodh
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2016 4:51:18 AM
Besides, if killing a fetus is so bad, then what about killing animals for meat? Why is that not wrong. Unless you are a vegetarian. Then I guess this point is kind of useless. Oh well, I'll take a gamble that you aren't, as most people aren't.

I am a vegetarian.

Abortion is wrong.

Now, have you changed your opinion?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2016 5:20:50 AM

Here is a really simple solution for you oh mouthpiece of a genocidal god.
Mind your own fcking business, what a woman does with her body is none of your concern.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
film
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2016 5:29:48 AM
At 9/8/2016 5:20:50 AM, bulproof wrote:

Mind your own fcking business, what a woman does with her body is none of your concern.

fetus is her body?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2016 5:36:49 AM
At 9/8/2016 5:29:48 AM, film wrote:

fetus is her body?

Yes, why?
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2016 5:39:37 AM

fetus is her body?

It's a collection of cells without a functioning brain attached to her body and reliant on her blood supply. I would say it's part of her body until one of those two things changes.
tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2016 7:27:24 AM
At 9/7/2016 7:26:46 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

One thing you can be sure of is that someone somewhere will want any child they can adopt.

No it isn't simple. Children who are put up for adopted are often totally screwed up, it is not a simple solution at all. We have two adopted sons, as well as our three birth children. Our eldest son had eleven homes before he came to join our family. Now in his 40s he still has many problems!
UUU
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2016 7:35:17 AM
At 9/8/2016 7:27:24 AM, tarantula wrote:

No it isn't simple. Children who are put up for adopted are often totally screwed up, it is not a simple solution at all.

And you think those adopted children could have been killed before birth.. now, I know abortion is a simple solution for many complex problems.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2016 7:43:50 AM
At 9/8/2016 7:35:17 AM, UUU wrote:

No it isn't simple. Children who are put up for adopted are often totally screwed up, it is not a simple solution at all.

And you think those adopted children could have been killed before birth.. now, I know abortion is a simple solution for many complex problems.
What you don't know is that abortion has nothing to do with you unless you are a pregnant woman.
UUU
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2016 7:49:32 AM
At 9/8/2016 5:39:37 AM, dee-em wrote:

fetus is her body?

It's a collection of cells without a functioning brain attached to her body and reliant on her blood supply. I would say it's part of her body until one of those two things changes.

I won't be surprised if this definition is further modified in future.

It's 2047 -

Someone is arguing - ' Hey, Breast milk is the only thing it feeds upon. It's still reliant on her body, it's still a fetus! People used to think there was a baby bump but today in 2047 we use foetus bump to describe the same thing. Come on, we are evolving! '
tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2016 7:58:18 AM

Yes it is better to terminate an unwanted pregnancy in the very early stages than bring an unwanted child into the world, especially one who might be abused or killed in a terrible way..
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2016 8:02:01 AM
At 9/8/2016 7:49:32 AM, UUU wrote:

fetus is her body?

It's 2047 -

Someone is arguing - ' Hey, Breast milk is the only thing it feeds upon. It's still reliant on her body, it's still a fetus! People used to think there was a baby bump but today in 2047 we use foetus bump to describe the same thing. Come on, we are evolving! '

Whatever works for you, just stay out of a pregnant woman's body and her right to autonomy over it.
Durbodh
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2016 8:27:57 AM
At 9/8/2016 7:58:18 AM, tarantula wrote:

Yes it is better to terminate an unwanted pregnancy in the very early stages than bring an unwanted child into the world, especially one who might be abused or killed in a terrible way..

Who is she to decide if baby is to be killed?

A shameless reply would be : A Mother
UUU
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2016 8:42:05 AM

I am sure you were a failure as a foster mother. What a pity!
UUU
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2016 8:44:59 AM
At 9/8/2016 8:02:01 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/8/2016 7:49:32 AM, UUU wrote:

fetus is her body?

It's 2047 -

Whatever works for you, just stay out of a pregnant woman's body and her right to autonomy over it [and let the ' doctor ' kill the baby].

[fixed]
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2016 8:49:52 AM

I can see the monstrous paedophiles in Botchtower Paedophile protecting land queuing up constantly!

Raped women & molested children don't do what brings pregnancy on. They are innocent victims!

&

Is it true you have moved on to your next Phillippino ho since Imelda dumped you?
illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2016 8:59:48 AM
At 9/7/2016 7:43:11 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Considering all the children/babies, you know humans who could actually suffer and not the blob of cells in the early stages of pregnancy that God let die and suffer, how about people like you shut the f*ck up with the whole God does love the little children.

tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2016 9:32:21 AM
At 9/8/2016 8:42:05 AM, UUU wrote:

I am sure you were a failure as a foster mother. What a pity!

Adoptive mother actually, and we did our best, but you can't put right the sexual abuse and other abusive things that happened to him before he came to us when he was nine.