Jump to topic:

On Religion, abortion, and the soul.

zaarbuc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2016 9:37:29 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
A majority of "Pro-lifers" are Christians/theists. "Life begins at conception" they claim. However many fertilized eggs never reach maturity due to completely natural miscarriages. Do these "babies", often no more than a collection of cells, spend eternity in heaven/hell/purgatory? (Which?) How do you ascribe these cell collections, many less advanced than some fungi, a soul but claim intelligent species such as chimpanzees and dolphins have none?

What about identical twins? They begin as a single fertilized egg, a single life. Do they share a soul? Is it split in two?
Winker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2016 10:56:44 AM
At 9/6/2016 9:37:29 AM, zaarbuc wrote:
A majority of "Pro-lifers" are Christians/theists. "Life begins at conception" they claim. However many fertilized eggs never reach maturity due to completely natural miscarriages. Do these "babies", often no more than a collection of cells, spend eternity in heaven/hell/purgatory? (Which?) How do you ascribe these cell collections, many less advanced than some fungi, a soul but claim intelligent species such as chimpanzees and dolphins have none?

What about identical twins? They begin as a single fertilized egg, a single life. Do they share a soul? Is it split in two? : ;

What you observe can deceive you of the truth. Once you know the truth, you will never be deceived by your created senses again.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2016 11:06:59 AM
At 9/6/2016 10:56:44 AM, Winker wrote:

What about identical twins? They begin as a single fertilized egg, a single life. Do they share a soul? Is it split in two? : ;

What you observe can deceive you of the truth. Once you know the truth, you will never be deceived by your created senses again.

I think you put the wrong first vowel in your screen name, BoG.
Winker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2016 11:08:11 AM
At 9/6/2016 11:06:59 AM, desmac wrote:

I think you put the wrong first vowel in your screen name, BoG. : :

You're off topic.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2016 11:32:46 AM
At 9/6/2016 11:08:11 AM, Winker wrote:

You're off topic.

I have never liked them that much.

https://en.wikipedia.org...(chocolate_bar)
Winker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2016 12:21:55 PM
At 9/6/2016 11:32:46 AM, desmac wrote:
At 9/6/2016 11:08:11 AM, Winker wrote:

You're off topic.

I have never liked them that much.

https://en.wikipedia.org...(chocolate_bar) : ;

I don't like those off topic rules either.
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2016 2:58:40 PM

Your words on my screen is like garbage in my front yard. Its an eyesore and an annoyance.
ANON_TacTiX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2016 7:05:26 PM

I like how so may people say that here and never tell us what the truth is. Enlighten me.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Albert Einstein