Jump to topic:

The three god's of Christianity

Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2016 9:40:17 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
Christianity was born from a strictly monotheistic religion, Judaism, a faith that itself evolved from a polytheistic model, considering their god to be one of many [one of the 10 Commandments is to have no other gods before Yahweh, implying the existence of others], to a doctrine claiming their god to be the only one in existence. The belief in a single god is considered by religious historians to be an important maturation in sectarian theology.

A few decades after Jesus died, Christianity ran into a problem. The Apostle Paul as well as the Gospel of John made Jesus into a god himself and left congregants with the impression that there were two gods, the Father and the Son. Thus, Christianity was beginning to lose the mantle of being monotheistic and thereby risking the denigration of being compared to the polytheistic pagan religions.

The solution to a problem often creates an even bigger problem and that, it can be argued, is just what happened. Straining to find (or create) scripture to support a synthesis of the gods into a single entity, the idea of the trinity was born. Because the scriptures clearly defined Jesus and the Father as being separate beings, both in the image of human males, a "glue" was needed to fuse them into a single consciousness. Thus the Holy Spirit was invented.

If you ask 100 Christians to define the Holy Spirit, you will get 100 answers because the scriptures provide no description. All Christians could do was to point to one scripture that hinted at this third divine being, Matthew 28:19, with Jesus saying:

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.

It is likely that this scripture was a later edit and was not part of the original text. There is a further mention of the Holy Spirit in Paul"s letter to the Corinthians, 2 Corinthians 13:14:

May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

However, this provides little evidence that Jesus ever preached this theology. How could one-third of God be left out of the Old Testament and be so thinly mentioned in the New Testament?

So Christianity in struggling to regain the respect of being monotheistic actually became more polytheistic, going from two to three gods, and then mystifyingly trying to say that they were all the same being. This didn"t have to happen as there was no need for Christianity to make Jesus into a god. It was a fatal mistake to do so, and Christianity is paying for it today with the baffling and confounding idea that three gods are one.
Omniverse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2016 10:01:23 PM
At 9/6/2016 9:40:17 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Christianity was born from a strictly monotheistic religion, Judaism, a faith that itself evolved from a polytheistic model, considering their god to be one of many [one of the 10 Commandments is to have no other gods before Yahweh, implying the existence of others], to a doctrine claiming their god to be the only one in existence. The belief in a single god is considered by religious historians to be an important maturation in sectarian theology.

A few decades after Jesus died, Christianity ran into a problem. The Apostle Paul as well as the Gospel of John made Jesus into a god himself and left congregants with the impression that there were two gods, the Father and the Son. Thus, Christianity was beginning to lose the mantle of being monotheistic and thereby risking the denigration of being compared to the polytheistic pagan religions.

The solution to a problem often creates an even bigger problem and that, it can be argued, is just what happened. Straining to find (or create) scripture to support a synthesis of the gods into a single entity, the idea of the trinity was born. Because the scriptures clearly defined Jesus and the Father as being separate beings, both in the image of human males, a "glue" was needed to fuse them into a single consciousness. Thus the Holy Spirit was invented.

If you ask 100 Christians to define the Holy Spirit, you will get 100 answers because the scriptures provide no description. All Christians could do was to point to one scripture that hinted at this third divine being, Matthew 28:19, with Jesus saying:

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.

It is likely that this scripture was a later edit and was not part of the original text. There is a further mention of the Holy Spirit in Paul"s letter to the Corinthians, 2 Corinthians 13:14:

May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

However, this provides little evidence that Jesus ever preached this theology. How could one-third of God be left out of the Old Testament and be so thinly mentioned in the New Testament?

So Christianity in struggling to regain the respect of being monotheistic actually became more polytheistic, going from two to three gods, and then mystifyingly trying to say that they were all the same being. This didn"t have to happen as there was no need for Christianity to make Jesus into a god. It was a fatal mistake to do so, and Christianity is paying for it today with the baffling and confounding idea that three gods are one.

It's important to bear in mind that there are indeed Unitarian denominations within Christianity. They are in the minority, but existing nonetheless. Jehovah's Witnesses are one of them.

Secondly, I've always found the most common objection to the Trinity - that it is a logical impossibility - to be rather feeble. It's not that the Trinitarian has any sort of evidence for his claims, not even for the possibility of such conjecture. But God is said to be a spiritual being and as such who's to say that, if such dimension were indeed real, it would be bound by logic?

Per habit, Christians usually point out the use of first person plural in at least two verses in Genesis. This is the game Christians play: it can't refer to several deities because elsewhere it is stated that there is one true God. The bible is extricated from any possible contradiction and then the seemingly contradiction-less text is produced and shown as evidence of divine inspiration.

Clever.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 1:09:57 AM

It is likely that this scripture was a later edit and was not part of the original text.

What manuscript evidence do you have of this assertion?

Do you have any evidence from early (pre-AD 250) Christians along these lines?

Remember, you have taken the leap from "remote possibility" to "likely", so I'm sure you didn't do so without thoroughly studying the textual criticism of the passage.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 5:07:52 AM
At 9/7/2016 1:09:57 AM, annanicole wrote:

It is likely that this scripture was a later edit and was not part of the original text.

Remember, you have taken the leap from "remote possibility" to "likely", so I'm sure you didn't do so without thoroughly studying the textual criticism of the passage.

this forgery part;
Matthew 28:19, with Jesus saying:

it is the additional later into the book so called the bible that was claimed the inspired words.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 5:40:50 AM
At 9/7/2016 5:07:52 AM, uncung wrote:
At 9/7/2016 1:09:57 AM, annanicole wrote:

this forgery part;
Matthew 28:19, with Jesus saying:

it is the additional later into the book so called the bible that was claimed the inspired words.

I asked for evidence. I know to which passage she was referring.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Capo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 7:34:10 AM

Apostles Paul and John didn't make Jesus into a god.

Jesus, Paul and John all understood the OT passages about the ONE God, Creator, King, Lord and Savior as their Father. It was religious people who added the idea in the new testament about three gods in ONE ( Father, Son and Holy Spirit ) that can't be found in the OT writings.

Here are a few Old Testament passages that show GOD as ONE GOD, KING, SAVIOR, LORD and CREATOR. There are no other gods attached to him.

Deuteronomy 6
4: "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD;

2 Samuel 22
1: And David spoke to the LORD the words of this song on the day when the LORD delivered him from the hand of all his enemies, and from the hand of Saul.
2: He said, "The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer,
3: my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge, my savior; thou savest me from violence.

Hosea 13
4: I am the LORD your God from the land of Egypt; you know no God but me, and besides me there is no savior.

Isaiah 40
28: Have you not known? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary, his understanding is unsearchable.

Isaiah 41
13: For I, the LORD your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, "Fear not, I will help you."
14: Fear not, you worm Jacob, you men of Israel! I will help you, says the LORD; your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel

Isaiah 43
1: But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.
2: When you pass through the waters I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.
3: For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. I give Egypt as your ransom, Ethiopia and Seba in exchange for you.
14: Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "For your sake I will send to Babylon and break down all the bars, and the shouting of the Chalde'ans will be turned to lamentations.
15: I am the LORD, your Holy One, the Creator of Israel, your King."

Isaiah 44
6: Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: "I am the first and I am the last; besides me there is no god.
24: Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, who formed you from the womb: "I am the LORD, who made all things, who stretched out the heavens alone, who spread out the earth -- Who was with me? --

Isaiah 45
5: I am the LORD, and there is no other, besides me there is no God; I gird you, though you do not know me,

Zechariah 14
1: Behold, a day of the LORD is coming, when the spoil taken from you will be divided in the midst of you.
2: For I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem to battle, and the city shall be taken and the houses plundered and the women ravished; half of the city shall go into exile, but the rest of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
3: Then the LORD will go forth and fight against those nations as when he fights on a day of battle.
4: On that day his feet shall stand on the Mount of Olives which lies before Jerusalem on the east; and the Mount of Olives shall be split in two from east to west by a very wide valley; so that one half of the Mount shall withdraw northward, and the other half southward.
5: And the valley of my mountains shall be stopped up, for the valley of the mountains shall touch the side of it; and you shall flee as you fled from the earthquake in the days of Uzzi'ah king of Judah. Then the LORD your God will come, and all the holy one with him.
6: On that day there shall be neither cold nor frost.
7: And there shall be continuous day (it is known to the LORD), not day and not night, for at evening time there shall be light.
8: On that day living waters shall flow out from Jerusalem, half of them to the eastern sea and half of them to the western sea; it shall continue in summer as in winter.
9: And the LORD will become king over all the earth; on that day the LORD will be one and his name one.

Christians do not believe in these OT writings that refute the idea of their three in one false deity named Jesus who they claim to be the Son part of their three in one god.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 11:37:50 AM

Christianity has one God, it is a triune God, 3 in 1, it is a difficult concept in a way but when we consider we are triune body, soul and spirit... we are made in God's image so why is it so surprising...
Capo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 11:51:12 AM
At 9/7/2016 11:37:50 AM, graceofgod wrote:

Christianity has one God, it is a triune God, 3 in 1, it is a difficult concept in a way but when we consider we are triune body, soul and spirit... we are made in God's image so why is it so surprising... : :

It's very difficult for Christians to explain the 3 in 1 god that they believe in because it's nothing but a lie that religious people added to the new testament.

The Son and Holy Spirit mean the same exact thing but Christians do not know what they mean.

Here's a hint;

John 1
1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2: He was in the beginning with God;
3: all things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made.
4: In him was life, and the life was the light of men.

The Son and Holy Spirit is also known as the Breath of Life ( Tree of Life ).

Genesis 2
7: then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

The Word or Tree of Life is not a man named Jesus. It was used by our Creator to create everything that we people experience. There is only ONE Creator and we call him God, King, Lord, Savior, Almighty One, etc.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 12:18:58 PM
Christianity has one God, it is a triune God, 3 in 1, it is a difficult concept in a way but when we consider we are triune body, soul and spirit... we are made in God's image so why is it so surprising...

- which passage in your bible that talk about triune God, 3 in 1?
- does Jesus still be considered a God in flesh?
- Christians believe Jesus is in the right side of the God now. it implies there are two Gods in heaven sitting side by side.
- they believe also the unforgiven sin is blaspheming the holy spirit who is considered as the third God. why is he privilege with this attitude. does it imply blaspheming the god and Jesus is forgiven, while blaspheming holy spirit is unforgiving?
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 12:22:30 PM
At 9/7/2016 11:51:12 AM, Capo wrote:

Christianity has one God, it is a triune God, 3 in 1, it is a difficult concept in a way but when we consider we are triune body, soul and spirit... we are made in God's image so why is it so surprising... : :

It's very difficult for Christians to explain the 3 in 1 god that they believe in because it's nothing but a lie that religious people added to the new testament.

The Son and Holy Spirit mean the same exact thing but Christians do not know what they mean.

Here's a hint;

John 1
1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
3: all things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made.

Genesis 2
7: then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

The Word or Tree of Life is not a man named Jesus. It was used by our Creator to create everything that we people experience. There is only ONE Creator and we call him God, King, Lord, Savior, Almighty One, etc.

it is not a lie at all, why do you think God almighty and Jesus were referred to as the alpha and the omega...

why would God , a jealous God, then say you must worship Jesus.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 12:25:19 PM
At 9/7/2016 12:18:58 PM, uncung wrote:

- Christians believe Jesus is in the right side of the God now. it implies there are two Gods in heaven sitting side by side.
- they believe also the unforgiven sin is blaspheming the holy spirit who is considered as the third God. why is he privilege with this attitude. does it imply blaspheming the god and Jesus is forgiven, while blaspheming holy spirit is unforgiving?

the very fact we are told to baptise in the name of the father the son and the Holy spirit should make it obvious,.
when God in Genesis said let us make man in our image, who was he talking too..
we both God and Jesus take the title the alpha and the omega they are on in the same...
when God tells the angels to worship Jesus... that never happens to anyone else and the lat person wh wanted worship was cast down to earth..
Capo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 12:34:35 PM
At 9/7/2016 12:22:30 PM, graceofgod wrote:

Here's a hint;

John 1

Genesis 2

it is not a lie at all, why do you think God almighty and Jesus were referred to as the alpha and the omega...

That refers to God, not a man named Jesus.

why would God , a jealous God, then say you must worship Jesus. : :

It was religious heathens who started the religion of Christianity that started that lie. Nowhere in the OT prophecies does it say man will worship another man named Jesus.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 12:51:13 PM
At 9/7/2016 12:34:35 PM, Capo wrote:

Here's a hint;

John 1

Genesis 2

It was religious heathens who started the religion of Christianity that started that lie. Nowhere in the OT prophecies does it say man will worship another man named Jesus.

ok so you only accept the old testament as the truth is that right...??
Capo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 12:54:10 PM
At 9/7/2016 12:51:13 PM, graceofgod wrote:

Here's a hint;

John 1

Genesis 2

ok so you only accept the old testament as the truth is that right...?? : :

Where did you read that I only accept the old testament as the truth?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 12:54:31 PM

That's the implication I get, but of course it is also claimed that suicide cannot be forgiven. The rules are very fluid.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 12:58:20 PM
At 9/7/2016 12:54:10 PM, Capo wrote:

Here's a hint;

John 1

Genesis 2

ok so you only accept the old testament as the truth is that right...?? : :

so what do you hold as truth, the bible or some other source??
don't be shy i won't laugh...
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 1:05:33 PM
At 9/7/2016 12:25:19 PM, graceofgod wrote:

the very fact we are told to baptise in the name of the father the son and the Holy spirit should make it obvious,.

but it is from the forgery verse.

it doesn't say let us make god in our image.

we both God and Jesus take the title the alpha and the omega they are on in the same...

jesus was not alpha and omega.

when God tells the angels to worship Jesus... that never happens to anyone else and the lat person wh wanted worship was cast down to earth..

which verse says like that?
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 1:11:58 PM
At 9/7/2016 1:05:33 PM, uncung wrote:

"7Behold, He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him"even those who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. So shall it be! Amen. 8"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, who is and was and is to come " the Almighty.

4So He became as far superior to the angels as the name He has inherited is excellent beyond theirs. 5For to which of the angels did God ever say: "You are my Son; today I have become Your Father"? Or again: "I will be His Father, and He will be My Son"? 6And again, when God brings His firstborn into the world, He says: "Let all God"s angels worship Him."

no it says let us make man in our image, man is triune as God is...
Tritip
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 1:33:23 PM
At 9/7/2016 12:58:20 PM, graceofgod wrote:

don't be shy i won't laugh... : :

I've been listening to the voice of God and obey all his commands since December 7th, 1979. The voice of God is the one that revealed everything God wanted me to know while it was forcing me to write and speak the words that it put in my mind besides giving me visions, dreams and spoken parables. Now I know exactly where we came from and how the voice of God was used by God to speak his creation into existence and how it is used to give us LIFE experiences.

Listening to the voice of God and obeying his commandments has always been the only way for God to reveal his plan for his creation. Adam listened to the voice for awhile to get a spoken language taught to him but as soon as their was a female body called Eve for him to play with, he stopped listening to God's voice and listened to Eve's voice instead who was totally deceived by information called Satan that gave her a world of good and evil to live in.

God's plan was to deceive all his people with information called Satan and the Beast until he used people called prophets and saints to testify to every word, vision, dream and spoken analogies that were put in their minds via the voice of God to reveal knowledge that he wanted us to know about before this first age ends, which is coming very soon.

So all God's prophets and us saints heard the voice of God in our minds. This is what is known as "FAITH" and from that point on, we have to obey all the commandments that enter our mind via the voice of God until we began to totally trust the voice. Once we totally trust the voice, then it has us start writing and speaking the words it puts in our minds. This is how God reveals his knowledge to us and we, saints and prophets, are witnesses of that knowledge.

God has also chosen "believers" who would listen to the voice of God ( Gospel ) that us saints preach to them. Believers were never used to testify to the voice of God in the way we saints do but the voice put's visions of miracles or other thoughts in the minds of believers to witness so that they get the idea that their has to be a God. These believers are then put in the path of us saints who preach the gospel to them. Believers are all different. Some of them believe but the concerns of the world distract them so they can't retain the knowledge the gospel gives them. Other believers get 30%, 60% and even as much as 100% of the knowledge that gospel gives them to think about. This is what the parable of the seed thrown on rocky soil, weedy soil and fertile soil is all about. The seed is the gospel where the knowledge of God is heard. Those who hear this knowledge and reject it are the one's called "rocky soil". The believers who hear the gospel and forget it are the one's who care too much about the world around them. The believers who get 30, 60 and 100 fold are the one's who hear the voice of God ( gospel )and believe some or all of the knowledge that flows from it.

If you're a chosen believer, then you will listen to the gospel I preach for our Creator via the voice of God that puts words in my mind. This is the same experience Jesus had and the same experience Noah, Abraham, Israel, Joseph, Moses, David, Daniel, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Job, Peter, Timothy, Paul and all the other prophets and saints I didn't mention had. We all hear the voice of God speak words in our minds to get us started and eventually, we're used to reveal this knowledge that God wanted us to know about his future plan and what the voice of God is and how he used it to speak his creation into existence.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 1:39:03 PM
At 9/7/2016 1:33:23 PM, Tritip wrote:

I've been listening to the voice of God and obey all his commands since December 7th, 1979. The voice of God is the one that revealed everything God wanted me to know while it was forcing me to write and speak the words that it put in my mind besides giving me visions, dreams and spoken parables. Now I know exactly where we came from and how the voice of God was used by God to speak his creation into existence and how it is used to give us LIFE experiences.

Listening to the voice of God and obeying his commandments has always been the only way for God to reveal his plan for his creation. Adam listened to the voice for awhile to get a spoken language taught to him but as soon as their was a female body called Eve for him to play with, he stopped listening to God's voice and listened to Eve's voice instead who was totally deceived by information called Satan that gave her a world of good and evil to live in.

God's plan was to deceive all his people with information called Satan and the Beast until he used people called prophets and saints to testify to every word, vision, dream and spoken analogies that were put in their minds via the voice of God to reveal knowledge that he wanted us to know about before this first age ends, which is coming very soon.

So all God's prophets and us saints heard the voice of God in our minds. This is what is known as "FAITH" and from that point on, we have to obey all the commandments that enter our mind via the voice of God until we began to totally trust the voice. Once we totally trust the voice, then it has us start writing and speaking the words it puts in our minds. This is how God reveals his knowledge to us and we, saints and prophets, are witnesses of that knowledge.

God has also chosen "believers" who would listen to the voice of God ( Gospel ) that us saints preach to them. Believers were never used to testify to the voice of God in the way we saints do but the voice put's visions of miracles or other thoughts in the minds of believers to witness so that they get the idea that their has to be a God. These believers are then put in the path of us saints who preach the gospel to them. Believers are all different. Some of them believe but the concerns of the world distract them so they can't retain the knowledge the gospel gives them. Other believers get 30%, 60% and even as much as 100% of the knowledge that gospel gives them to think about. This is what the parable of the seed thrown on rocky soil, weedy soil and fertile soil is all about. The seed is the gospel where the knowledge of God is heard. Those who hear this knowledge and reject it are the one's called "rocky soil". The believers who hear the gospel and forget it are the one's who care too much about the world around them. The believers who get 30, 60 and 100 fold are the one's who hear the voice of God ( gospel )and believe some or all of the knowledge that flows from it.

If you're a chosen believer, then you will listen to the gospel I preach for our Creator via the voice of God that puts words in my mind. This is the same experience Jesus had and the same experience Noah, Abraham, Israel, Joseph, Moses, David, Daniel, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Job, Peter, Timothy, Paul and all the other prophets and saints I didn't mention had. We all hear the voice of God speak words in our minds to get us started and eventually, we're used to reveal this knowledge that God wanted us to know about his future plan and what the voice of God is and how he used it to speak his creation into existence.

oh right you made another account then....bye...
Tritip
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 1:47:59 PM
At 9/7/2016 1:39:03 PM, graceofgod wrote:

oh right you made another account then....bye... : :

Cowards will use any excuse not to believe the Truth when it's spoken to them. All cowards and liars will be burned up in the fire of God.

Revelation 21
8: But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the polluted, as for murderers, fornicators, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their lot shall be in the lake that burns with fire and sulphur, which is the second death."
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 1:54:40 PM
At 9/7/2016 1:47:59 PM, Tritip wrote:

Cowards will use any excuse not to believe the Truth when it's spoken to them. All cowards and liars will be burned up in the fire of God.

Revelation 21
8: But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the polluted, as for murderers, fornicators, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their lot shall be in the lake that burns with fire and sulphur, which is the second death."

and idiots will make themselves to be what they are not ......BYE...
keithprosser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 1:58:23 PM
I have never come across a good explanation of the concept of trinity from either a historical or a theological point of view. I don't think it makes sense to anybody. It's like Feynman's quip about quantum physics - if you think you understand trinity then you don't understand trinity.

Differing opinions on the trinity caused one the great schisms in the Christian church back in the 11th century (look up 'filioque' in wikipedia). The trinity remains a divisive issue betwen the vaious branches of Christianity even today so I don't expect it will get resolved by this thread after being in dispute for 900 years at least - and still counting.
Tritip
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 2:00:12 PM
At 9/7/2016 1:54:40 PM, graceofgod wrote:

Revelation 21

and idiots will make themselves to be what they are not ......BYE... : :

Our Creator planned all the lives of his people before he spoken them and their experiences into existence.

Psalm 33
8: Let all the earth fear the LORD, let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him!
9: For he spoke, and it came to be; he commanded, and it stood forth.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 2:09:37 PM
At 9/7/2016 2:00:12 PM, Tritip wrote:

Revelation 21

Our Creator planned all the lives of his people before he spoken them and their experiences into existence.

Psalm 33
8: Let all the earth fear the LORD, let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him!

The antecedent of the pronoun "it" in verse 9 is "the earth", ya knucklehead. The passage does not state that God spoke you or I into existence. If you want to cite a passage to prove something, at least find one that states what you are trying to prove.
Tritip
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 2:11:48 PM
At 9/7/2016 2:09:37 PM, annanicole wrote:

Revelation 21

Psalm 33

The antecedent of the pronoun "it" in verse 9 is "the earth", ya knucklehead. The passage does not state that God spoke you or I into existence. If you want to cite a passage to prove something, at least find one that states what you are trying to prove. : ;
It's a good thing you're not being used by our Creator to preach the gospel to his chosen believers.
Casten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 2:13:19 PM
They are welcome to their Trinity, but I find it distasteful when they then turn around and look down their noses at polytheistic religions like Hinduism. It seems a shade hypocritical, and is never to their credit.

However, when its adherents are not judging other faith systems, I find Trinitarianism kind of neat. Someone once explained it to me as air taking the form of water, ice, or vapor.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 2:13:51 PM
At 9/7/2016 1:11:58 PM, graceofgod wrote:

"7Behold, He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him"even those who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. So shall it be! Amen. 8"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, who is and was and is to come " the Almighty.

4So He became as far superior to the angels as the name He has inherited is excellent beyond theirs. 5For to which of the angels did God ever say: "You are my Son; today I have become Your Father"? Or again: "I will be His Father, and He will be My Son"? 6And again, when God brings His firstborn into the world, He says: "Let all God"s angels worship Him."

"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God

IT DOESN'T refer to Jesus.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 2:13:55 PM
At 9/7/2016 2:11:48 PM, Tritip wrote:
At 9/7/2016 2:09:37 PM, annanicole wrote:

Revelation 21

Psalm 33

The antecedent of the pronoun "it" in verse 9 is "the earth", ya knucklehead. The passage does not state that God spoke you or I into existence. If you want to cite a passage to prove something, at least find one that states what you are trying to prove. : ;
It's a good thing you're not being used by our Creator to preach the gospel to his chosen believers.

It's a good thing you're not, either. God would never choose a liar who can't even parse a sentence. He doesn't operate that way. He chooses people who are a little more trustworthy.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 2:21:06 PM
At 9/7/2016 2:13:51 PM, uncung wrote:
At 9/7/2016 1:11:58 PM, graceofgod wrote:

"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God

IT DOESN'T refer to Jesus.

EVEN THOSE WHO PIERCE HIM WILL SEE, WHO WAS PIERCED, WAS gOD ALMIGHTY PIERCED???