Jump to topic:

the 'religion' that has no founder

film
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2016 3:49:30 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
Almost every religion has a founder and a holy book. Well.. almost. Hinduism is an exception and confirms neither of these two beliefs. I will tell you why it is so but before we proceed you must be familiar with some hindu stuff.

In ancient times great indian sages or Rishis existed . Even today they are known as the enlightened beings who heard Vedas (sruti) . In other words they obtained those verses from divine being. This was later corrupted to messenger of god.

Messenger of god and manifestation of god are two different things. Messenger of god is called a Prophet and manifestation of god is known as an Avatarm. Hinduism, is founded upon the contribution of numerous enlightened souls. You might be surprised to know that some of the great Rishis are known by a single verse of Vedas they heard.

The prophets were very noble men who preached profound knowledge in a simplified manner so as to introduce them to discipline, modesty and sanitation in life. This way, religions layed foundation of civilizations in different parts of the world.

I am open to discuss and debate this topic and would happily respond to any queries.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2016 4:09:56 PM
At 9/10/2016 3:49:30 PM, film wrote:
Almost every religion has a founder and a holy book. Well.. almost. Hinduism is an exception and confirms neither of these two beliefs. I will tell you why it is so but before we proceed you must be familiar with some hindu stuff.

In ancient times great indian sages or Rishis existed . Even today they are known as the enlightened beings who heard Vedas (sruti) . In other words they obtained those verses from divine being. This was later corrupted to messenger of god.

Messenger of god and manifestation of god are two different things. Messenger of god is called a Prophet and manifestation of god is known as an Avatarm. Hinduism, is founded upon the contribution of numerous enlightened souls. You might be surprised to know that some of the great Rishis are known by a single verse of Vedas they heard.

The prophets were very noble men who preached profound knowledge in a simplified manner so as to introduce them to discipline, modesty and sanitation in life. This way, religions layed foundation of civilizations in different parts of the world.

I am open to discuss and debate this topic and would happily respond to any queries.

According to TREssspa Hinduism is not a religion.
film
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2016 6:21:30 PM

Apex court of india says Hinduism is not a religion but a way of life. Actually it is any path that leads to the truth. It should be noted that none of the ancient texts mention 'Hinduism' . Only in the 19th century this word was first used.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2016 6:19:11 AM
At 9/10/2016 6:21:30 PM, film wrote:

Apex court of india says Hinduism is not a religion but a way of life. Actually it is any path that leads to the truth. It should be noted that none of the ancient texts mention 'Hinduism' . Only in the 19th century this word was first used.

Hinduism may be a way of life but it is still a religion, i.e. spiritual belief.
The ancient texts do mention Hinduism however, in the context of a particular type of people.
Hinduism was founded, even if collectively.
film
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2016 3:41:05 PM
At 9/11/2016 6:19:11 AM, Willows wrote:

Hinduism may be a way of life but it is still a religion, i.e. spiritual belief.

no, it deals with material things too.

The ancient texts do mention Hinduism however, in the context of a particular type of people.

not even a single ancient text mentions Hinduism.

at that time there was no concept of religion.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2016 6:54:38 PM
At 9/11/2016 3:41:05 PM, film wrote:

And you know that how?
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2016 2:18:27 AM

All religion deals with material things to certain degrees and I would say (as an uneducated observer) that Hinduism, like Buddhism is more a way of life which I can very well respect. I do have not have any respect for any of the Abrahamic religions which from the ouset were designed for those who rule to take command over and abuse others.
film
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2016 9:20:20 AM
At 9/12/2016 2:18:27 AM, Willows wrote:

All religion deals with material things to certain degrees and I would say (as an uneducated observer) that Hinduism, like Buddhism is more a way of life which I can very well respect. I do have not have any respect for any of the Abrahamic religions which from the ouset were designed for those who rule to take command over and abuse others.

Buddhism and Hinduism can never co exist.
film
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2016 9:28:00 AM
At 9/11/2016 6:54:38 PM, janesix wrote:

And you know that how?

Because we don't have a name for us. No one is outsider for us.

The word "Hindu" is neither a Sanskrit word nor is this word found in any of the native dialects and languages of India. It is said that the Persians used to refer to the Indus river as Sindhu. However, the Persians could not pronounce the letter "S" correctly in their native tongue and mispronounced it as "H." Thus, for the ancient Persians, the word "Sindhu" became "Hindu."