Truth...

SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2011 10:42:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/8/2011 10:39:30 PM, GodSands wrote:
Christianity is truth. Question it if you will, but Jesus Christ is the way to the truth!

2+2=4 . . . that's the truth . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2011 10:45:20 PM
: At 1/8/2011 10:42:35 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
Christianity is truth. Question it if you will, but Jesus Christ is the way to the truth!

2+2=4 . . . that's the truth . . .

Jesus Christ is the truth, I do not want to discuss philosophy and mathematics, Jesus Christ is salvation.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2011 10:49:51 PM
At 1/8/2011 10:45:20 PM, GodSands wrote:

Jesus Christ is the truth, I do not want to discuss philosophy and mathematics, Jesus Christ is salvation.

Then why did you make this thread? Do you think someone is gonna come on here, read your post, then accept Jesus?
kfc
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2011 10:55:52 PM
: At 1/8/2011 10:49:51 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 1/8/2011 10:45:20 PM, GodSands wrote:

Then why did you make this thread? Do you think someone is gonna come on here, read your post, then accept Jesus?

I don't know, but despite what I have done, fornication, drunkenness, cursing, disobedience and faithlessness, I CANNOT flee from the truth of Christ. My passion for Jesus Christ, for God is never ending, I go through periods of dryness, faithlessness, and there is nothing in me which wishes God to be, but when I sin, fall short, God keeps coming back. My passion is external not internal, I cannot help my passion for Jesus Christ. I see that as the truth, Jesus Christ is truth!!!
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2011 11:16:49 PM
Let me tell you something! I believed that I was a Christian, I thought I was saved, I thought I was right! I thought what I knew what was right was really right. I throught what Jesus Christ did on the cross was being applied to me. Why? Because I was ignorant, I tell you the truth, you hear many things about philosophy, I have studied philosophy and Christianity in advanced level, but in there lies no answer. Nothing lies there, in athiesm, nothing lies there, the fact is, we are morally corrupt, we will die, we will all die! And yet most of you allow some kind of philosophy to settle that amount you. Death is a thing that all of us go throught...that is true, yes, but we are destined to die! All of us will be finished, and yet many of you choose to believe in some kind of a fable, old womans tales, a tale that comforts your short existence. Jesus Christ, saved, why I do not say this based so much on biblical text, but because I know that He does. I have been between death and life, I know what it is like to be saved and unsaved, I know what it is like to love sin and think of sin as an illusion, I know that you see morality as just an intelligent advantage. And you relate to that as if it was a free gift! I know how you live, I know that you see morality as a general thing...that applies to everyone, I have been there. But now, I sware above each of you, take away psychology, when I felt the truth, I knew it was the truth. My sinful actions since have been of this world, fornication, lust, cursing, disobedience...etc...have always gone against the thing I believe and have attempted to treat me in the riches of this world. But God is always graceful and gains me back!

I know how you relate to your actions. They are put aside and seen as nothing more than actions for or against yourselves.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2011 11:33:21 PM
At 1/8/2011 10:55:52 PM, GodSands wrote:
I don't know, but despite what I have done, ...drunkenness

Dude, you just turned 21 two days ago, lol. You're an alcoholic already?

Oh, and by the way:

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish." -- Proverbs 31:6
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2011 11:35:48 PM

Atheism is truth. Question it if you will, but Jesus Christ never existed.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2011 11:41:56 PM
: At 1/8/2011 11:35:48 PM, tvellalott wrote:

Atheism is truth. Question it if you will, but Jesus Christ never existed.

Atheism is permissible, it is not against or for anything, it is void and empty, it is endless and dead. It is a bottomless pit which only allows self imputed comforts.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2011 11:45:29 PM
GodSands, while you're on, could you source for me God's condemnation of alcohol?
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2011 11:47:42 PM
At 1/8/2011 11:45:29 PM, wjmelements wrote:
GodSands, while you're on, could you source for me God's condemnation of alcohol?

I need it for a school project.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2011 11:48:42 PM
At 1/8/2011 11:41:56 PM, GodSands wrote:
Atheism is permissible, it is not against or for anything, it is void and empty, it is endless and dead. It is a bottomless pit which only allows self imputed comforts.

no dude.

Atheism is part of accepting and embracing the world as it is.

You Reject the world and Reject Yourself and Your own Will in order to cling to the supernatural and God/god's will

you reject what is real... and, in your weakness, cling to fairy tales.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2011 11:49:47 PM
: At 1/8/2011 11:45:29 PM, wjmelements wrote:

Romans 13:13.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2011 11:52:57 PM

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish." -- Proverbs 31:6
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2011 11:55:16 PM
At 1/8/2011 11:52:57 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

how's that condemnation?
signature
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2011 11:55:55 PM
At 1/8/2011 11:55:16 PM, badger wrote:

how's that condemnation?

Exactly my point. It's promoting alcohol consumption.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2011 11:57:32 PM
Buddha is the truth . . .
Muhammad is the truth . . .
Hercules is the truth . . .
Colonel Sanders is the truth . . .
Chuck Norris is the truth . . .
[Random Religious Figure Here] is the truth . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2011 11:58:36 PM
At 1/8/2011 11:55:55 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 1/8/2011 11:55:16 PM, badger wrote:

how's that condemnation?

only as a medicine.
signature
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2011 11:59:06 PM
At 1/8/2011 11:49:47 PM, GodSands wrote:

A contradiction? In the Bible?!

Dear god, the world I once knew no longer exists.... The shock, the horror....
The absolute terror.

Godsands, what you perceive to be the "truth" is probably the source of most doubt on this site. Are you prepared to back it up?
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2011 11:59:54 PM
At 1/8/2011 11:58:36 PM, badger wrote:

only as a medicine.

Was that the purpose of Jesus turning water into wine? Is that purpose of drinking when every Sunday in a Catholic church?

Probably not.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2011 12:01:32 AM
: At 1/8/2011 11:48:42 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 1/8/2011 11:41:56 PM, GodSands wrote:

no dude.

Atheism is part of accepting and embracing the world as it is.

You Reject the world and Reject Yourself and Your own Will in order to cling to the supernatural and God/god's will

you reject what is real... and, in your weakness, cling to fairy tales.

That makes no sense, without God we cannot know what the world is like but a presumption of what it might be like. With God's word the Bible we have an absolute understanding of what we should do and what the world is like. With atheism there is no knowing of what the world should be like or what it is like, we can only go by our own transelation of what the world is like.

Atheism is a waste of space, it says there is no God, yet it's say does not condemn God's existence, it simply shuts off God. Atheism has nothing in common with God. I have said before; a truth atheist is one that does not reject Gor or accept God yet simply lives in a way that does not include God. A false atheist will challenge God's existence because they have a humunistic anger against the simple idea against GOD, not against God himself, for you (they) know not God.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2011 12:01:40 AM
At 1/8/2011 11:59:54 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Was that the purpose of Jesus turning water into wine? Is that purpose of drinking when every Sunday in a Catholic church?

no.. that's holy cannibalism
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2011 12:01:45 AM
Yes Godsands, that's right, Jesus is truth.

* whispers*: Shame on you guys, poking fun at the challenged person.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2011 12:01:50 AM
Anyone who turns a barrel of water into wine AFTER everyone at the party drank the first barrel has to be a party animal.

I'd party with Jesus.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2011 12:02:40 AM

only as a medicine.

Probably not.

i was just on about the bit you quoted..
signature
the-good-teacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2011 1:16:50 AM

What is "truth", can you define it for me please ? ?
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2011 1:33:57 AM
At 1/9/2011 1:16:50 AM, the-good-teacher wrote:

What is "truth", can you define it for me please ? ?

Somebody thinks they are Pilate.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2011 12:35:55 PM
At 1/8/2011 11:49:47 PM, GodSands wrote:

Fail fail fail fail fail...
kfc
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2011 12:42:59 PM

only as a medicine.

Probably not.

They use real wine??

At the Baptist churches I've been to, they've always used grape juice...
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2011 12:48:53 PM
Man, Paul didn't even know Jesus. If he knew Jesus, he'd realized he was smashed all the time.

How else are you going to explain the way he talked to the religious leaders? Beer balls.

How else are you going to explain his overly hippie "I love you man" message? Drunk my friends.

We're talking about a guy who hangs with tax collectors and hookers. Hell, he probably was a pimpin gangsta when you take that into account. An ancient day Al Capone.

Jesus was like the Ghandi if he was the Keyser Söze.

Holy hell, I think I'm on to something. I should write a book.