Jump to topic:

The Pineal Gland: third eye?

Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2016 11:03:33 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
I have wondered what connects the body and soul (assuming souls exist). I believe that your body must have some kind of input or else you would just be a chain reaction bound to stop suddenly. This also arouses my interest in a stituation where your brain stops functioning. This would explain the looseness of dreams and such. Also hallucinations. I am currently forming an opinion and want to hear all of yours.
Forum Record: 6/0

Funny Quotes:

"i worship satan and allahu akbar and hispanic muslims i am an illigal immigrant"
-communist_snake-

"What fuking dates are you talking about child. the and ridiculous and stay out of mummies drugs, you're fuked."
-I'll keep this anonymous...-

"fuk off bog, no one even reads your crap, what price is you hooker now?"
-same dude as above....-
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 10:57:41 AM
At 9/12/2016 11:03:33 PM, Perussi wrote:
I have wondered what connects the body and soul (assuming souls exist). I believe that your body must have some kind of input or else you would just be a chain reaction bound to stop suddenly. This also arouses my interest in a stituation where your brain stops functioning. This would explain the looseness of dreams and such. Also hallucinations. I am currently forming an opinion and want to hear all of yours.

What connects the body and soul is a deluded mind.
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 11:48:43 AM
At 9/13/2016 10:57:41 AM, Willows wrote:

And what connects one to reality is an open one.

Funny Quotes:

"i worship satan and allahu akbar and hispanic muslims i am an illigal immigrant"
-communist_snake-

"What fuking dates are you talking about child. the and ridiculous and stay out of mummies drugs, you're fuked."

-same dude as above....-
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 1:06:19 PM
At 9/13/2016 11:48:43 AM, Perussi wrote:

Your third eye is what gives you a solution on hand most mornings.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 1:20:55 PM

Very good.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 1:29:33 PM
At 9/13/2016 1:06:19 PM, bulproof wrote:

Especially just before going to school and disecting frogs in biology class.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 1:30:36 PM

So where in reality is the soul? Can you point it out?
Or perhaps it's only in the imagination of deluded minds after all?
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 1:31:56 PM
At 9/13/2016 1:29:33 PM, Willows wrote:

Hmmm. Whatever turns you on. :-)
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 1:48:05 PM
At 9/13/2016 1:31:56 PM, dee-em wrote:

Just my sarcasm I suppose..."the third eye" is a characteristic of frogs and I'm just itching to find out what wonderful enlightened revelation Perussi came up with during his last biology lesson.
This could really be it, the smoking gun where the metaphysical meets the physical, the spiritual interface.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 11:40:46 PM
At 9/13/2016 1:48:05 PM, Willows wrote:
At 9/13/2016 1:31:56 PM, dee-em wrote:

Just my sarcasm I suppose..."the third eye" is a characteristic of frogs and I'm just itching to find out what wonderful enlightened revelation Perussi came up with during his last biology lesson.
This could really be it, the smoking gun where the metaphysical meets the physical, the spiritual interface.

I misunderstood then. Bulproof was alluding to having a wank in the morning (the third eye being on the penis). Hand, solution, etc. You then responded with the dissecting frogs comment. I assumed you were a sexual deviant of some kind. :-)
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 12:22:05 AM

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."
--- Carl Sagan
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 5:57:55 PM
At 9/13/2016 1:30:36 PM, dee-em wrote:

No religious flame war here please, just talk about the gland.

So what do you think this gland is?

Funny Quotes:

-communist_snake-

-same dude as above....-
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 6:36:38 PM
At 9/14/2016 12:22:05 AM, dee-em wrote:

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."
--- Carl Sagan

Hmmm...

Thanks, that goes on my profile.

Did you read why i am looking into this? I am in a neutral position btw. I am not a hippie.

Funny Quotes:

-communist_snake-

-same dude as above....-
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 11:01:03 PM
At 9/14/2016 5:57:55 PM, Perussi wrote:

Were you talking about the gland in the comment I responded to? You seem in a hurry to return to topic when you are challenged on your assertions. I wonder why?

Fortunately we live in a time where we don't have to guess what various organs and glands in the body do. We have experts who study these things:

https://en.wikipedia.org...

"Nearly all vertebrate species possess a pineal gland."

Your inane insinuations about (non-existent) souls would mean that most animals would have them. So much for that piece of odorous woo. Lol.
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 1:50:47 AM

I like that you are thinking about it. Of course, everything is easier to explain in a natural way, for we are living in a world with natural rules. None of the atheists are wrong here, but i like to push past natural thought.

What interests me are the rules. In my belief, this science is necessary for the "soul." I define the soul as my immortal consciousness; my source.

Now, if this source has manifested into a world with rules, it must follow those rules. This is why spirituality is so hard to pin point, it's like dark matter or energy... we can't see it. Further more, of course we can see it bc we are looking right at it. You are your soul manifested into a human body. The human body needs to be what it is to live a human experience. Your soul, your source, knows what it is doing... depending on who you are.

This leaves me to the "where" question your are insinuating. I personally think everywhere. This is bc i look at it as an outside force. It has manifested into a world with rules that it must follow... but, i feel, for some, it can direct or influence. For instance in a dream, or that feeling you get to make a left this time and avoid a crash... or get into a crash (we don't know our purpose fully - we can't jump to the end of the story). So, psychic experience, ghosts, dreams, feelings ... this is how i think our soul is manifesting in a supernatural way, so it may have the power to direct our "atoms" in such away to give us certain experiences when it wants to send a message/talk/direct.

In conclusion, i think it is everywhere and nowhere. It is invisible to human perception as a whole. Our source has to follow this worlds rules just as much as we do, so for the most part... it is us. It is living a human experience; however, i think some... are powerful enough to take advantage of the fact that their ultimate form / true self is this source - as powerful as the individuals capacity; and for some, that has the potential to be a god.
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 3:56:06 AM
At 9/14/2016 11:01:03 PM, dee-em wrote:

Were you talking about the gland in the comment I responded to? You seem in a hurry to return to topic when you are challenged on your assertions. I wonder why?

Stop deriding my thread. I will happily debate you in another.

Fortunately we live in a time where we don't have to guess what various organs and glands in the body do. We have experts who study these things:

I am going more in depth than current science. This is science/philosophic -religious stuff. And don't you think i looked at wikipedia? I'm not an idiot.

Your inane insinuations about (non-existent) souls would mean that most animals would have them. So much for that piece of odorous woo. Lol.

Yeah... you are just deridin'.

Funny Quotes:

-communist_snake-

-same dude as above....-
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 4:09:16 AM
At 9/15/2016 3:56:06 AM, Perussi wrote:

The word is derail. You derailed your own thread. Don't blame me for merely responding.

I am going more in depth than current science.

Sure you are. Lol.

This is science/philosophic -religious stuff. And don't you think i looked at wikipedia? I'm not an idiot.

Glad you cleared that up. I was starting to wonder. Lol.

So, no answer? The above is right on-topic but you have nothing of substance to offer. I thought so. Another arrogant Christian running away.
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 4:21:38 AM
At 9/15/2016 1:50:47 AM, Outplayz wrote:

I like that you are thinking about it. Of course, everything is easier to explain in a natural way, for we are living in a world with natural rules. None of the atheists are wrong here, but i like to push past natural thought.

What interests me are the rules. In my belief, this science is necessary for the "soul." I define the soul as my immortal consciousness; my source.

Now, if this source has manifested into a world with rules, it must follow those rules. This is why spirituality is so hard to pin point, it's like dark matter or energy... we can't see it. Further more, of course we can see it bc we are looking right at it. You are your soul manifested into a human body. The human body needs to be what it is to live a human experience. Your soul, your source, knows what it is doing... depending on who you are.

This leaves me to the "where" question your are insinuating. I personally think everywhere. This is bc i look at it as an outside force. It has manifested into a world with rules that it must follow... but, i feel, for some, it can direct or influence. For instance in a dream, or that feeling you get to make a left this time and avoid a crash... or get into a crash (we don't know our purpose fully - we can't jump to the end of the story). So, psychic experience, ghosts, dreams, feelings ... this is how i think our soul is manifesting in a supernatural way, so it may have the power to direct our "atoms" in such away to give us certain experiences when it wants to send a message/talk/direct.

In conclusion, i think it is everywhere and nowhere. It is invisible to human perception as a whole. Our source has to follow this worlds rules just as much as we do, so for the most part... it is us. It is living a human experience; however, i think some... are powerful enough to take advantage of the fact that their ultimate form / true self is this source - as powerful as the individuals capacity; and for some, that has the potential to be a god.

But wouldn't everyone have different souls if they behave differently? And wouldn't overlapping souls be a problem somehow?

But now i am questioning what a soul is anyways? What are it's properties?

The main reason i even created this thread is because of the animation of matter, our bodies. I think there must be a cause for it otherwise we would just be Rube Goldburgs.

Funny Quotes:

-communist_snake-

-same dude as above....-
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 4:44:22 AM
At 9/15/2016 4:09:16 AM, dee-em wrote:

The word is derail. You derailed your own thread. Don't blame me for merely responding.

Pot"to potāto. They mean the same thing. Wait, not really. I used it because it was a recent vocab word.

Sure you are. Lol.

This is science/philosophic -religious stuff. And don't you think i looked at wikipedia? I'm not an idiot.

So, no answer? The above is right on-topic but you have nothing of substance to offer. I thought so. Another arrogant Christian running away.

"Your inane insinuations" "piece of odorous woo"

That hits the hammer right on the head, huh?

Funny Quotes:

-communist_snake-

-same dude as above....-
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 7:40:15 AM
At 9/15/2016 4:44:22 AM, Perussi wrote:

Pot"to potāto. They mean the same thing. Wait, not really. I used it because it was a recent vocab word.

I'll take that asa concession.

Sure you are. Lol.

Certainly. Did you understand the entire point being made though, or do you only look at phrases? Any chance you will ever address the actual point?
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2016 1:53:57 AM
At 9/15/2016 4:21:38 AM, Perussi wrote:
At 9/15/2016 1:50:47 AM, Outplayz wrote:

But wouldn't everyone have different souls if they behave differently? And wouldn't overlapping souls be a problem somehow?

Isn't that what we observe right now? Everyone is different and behave differently. Explain what you mean by "overlapping souls." If you mean the same, it is also clear that there are many of us that are similar. I think "god" consciousness evolved, not always was. Something must have sparked this, but i believe it first evolved immortal (void of matter). If you think about this for a bit, it would make sense bc then it would create from evolving... so each new thought turned into a new personality. Now, billions / an infinite amount yet finite to the point it is at.

But now i am questioning what a soul is anyways? What are it's properties?

That is a hard one. I have come to believe whatever it is, it is transcendent to this realm so we won't be able to see it or measure it... however, we may be able to observe its effects on the world through us. I have always been using a video game analogy to illustrate this. Can the character in the game that i "gamer/god" control every see me or measure my presence when it is in its world? No... however, i am still controlling this character... what does that tell? I am still philosophizing on that one.

The main reason i even created this thread is because of the animation of matter, our bodies. I think there must be a cause for it otherwise we would just be Rube Goldburgs.

If i am going down the right rabbit hole - that is what i mean about, at least one way of observing, the "gamer's" effects. Other ways are miracles, ghosts, supernatural experiences, so on... The gamer must be more powerful than the character, so it should have some observable effects.
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 5:07:46 PM
At 9/15/2016 7:40:15 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 9/15/2016 4:44:22 AM, Perussi wrote:

I'll take that asa concession.

You pointed out my english error!

Such victory. Very win.

(thanks though)

Sure you are. Lol.

Certainly. Did you understand the entire point being made though, or do you only look at phrases? Any chance you will ever address the actual point?

What point?

Funny Quotes:

-communist_snake-

-same dude as above....-
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2016 3:13:12 AM
At 9/19/2016 5:07:46 PM, Perussi wrote:

What point?

Let me repeat (with bolding) since you seem to have trouble with basic reading comprehension:

Your inane insinuations about (non-existent) souls would mean that most animals would have them. So much for that piece of odorous woo.
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2016 1:15:21 PM
At 9/20/2016 3:13:12 AM, dee-em wrote:

What point?

Let me repeat (with bolding) since you seem to have trouble with basic reading comprehension:

Your inane insinuations about (non-existent) souls would mean that most animals would have them. So much for that piece of odorous woo.

We don't use our appendix. They might not use thiers like humans may or may not. They might just be glands and nothing funky.

Funny Quotes:

-communist_snake-

-same dude as above....-
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2016 4:51:23 PM

How would you suggest testing that hypothesis?
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2016 4:53:34 PM

It produces melatonin and serotonin - https://en.wikipedia.org...

Case solved!
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 4:03:55 AM
At 9/21/2016 1:15:21 PM, Perussi wrote:
At 9/20/2016 3:13:12 AM, dee-em wrote:

What point?

We don't use our appendix. They might not use thiers like humans may or may not. They might just be glands and nothing funky.

The pineal gland is not vestigial in animals. It produces melatonin, a serotonin derived hormone which modulates sleep patterns in both circadian and seasonal cycles. It has a definite function which you would know if you had bothered to read the article I linked you to. The onus would be on you then to explain how the pineal gland doubles up as a soul in humans but not in other animals.

Btw, the common wisdom that the appendix does nothing is wrong.

http://www.globalhealingcenter.com...

Anything else I can educate you about?
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 4:12:37 AM

A deluded mind is one that is fixated with the all the reasons they are right; an open mind is one that is fixated with all the reasons they could be wrong.
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 3:32:38 PM
At 9/21/2016 4:51:23 PM, matt8800 wrote:

How would you suggest testing that hypothesis?

I don't know, this is mainly logirithmic science.

Funny Quotes:

-communist_snake-

-same dude as above....-
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 3:38:56 PM
At 9/21/2016 4:53:34 PM, matt8800 wrote:

It produces melatonin and serotonin - https://en.wikipedia.org...

Case solved!

Y u no try to look deeper?

Take a look at this and post your thoughts. (i don't care if you call bs)

http://www.wakingtimes.com...

As a community we are discussing the pineal gland and we shall compile our thoughts and reasoning into a theory. That is the purpose of this thread.

Funny Quotes:

-communist_snake-

-same dude as above....-