Jump to topic:

I Have Christian Answers

Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2016 11:11:20 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
I am a christian and a great philosopher.

Ask your questions about christianity.

(why is there suffering, how could he let this happen, ect. or whatever you want to know)
Forum Record: 6/0

Funny Quotes:

"i worship satan and allahu akbar and hispanic muslims i am an illigal immigrant"
-communist_snake-

"What fuking dates are you talking about child. the and ridiculous and stay out of mummies drugs, you're fuked."
-I'll keep this anonymous...-

"fuk off bog, no one even reads your crap, what price is you hooker now?"
-same dude as above....-
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 12:03:11 AM
At 9/12/2016 11:11:20 PM, Perussi wrote:

(why is there suffering, how could he let this happen, ect. or whatever you want to know)

Chuck Norris says the good guys wear black. Is that even possible? His acting was obviously terrible, but let's not waste time to go there. Look at Vandamn. How many movies did that guy make.? I'd say he was way worse, and probably fights for real the same. Yet this clown made more movies. Maybe. It's not like I took the time to factcheck the things I say. Instincts. That's how I index the world around me. Most of the time I get stuff wrong, but just knowing that says my instincts are usually right. I suppose it doesn't really matter anyways. What matters more is who's good and who's bad. Personally, I think Bruce Lee was the best. He could fight and act, but only got to make a few awesome movies. And then he died. Murder? Maybe. Yep. Maybe some people didn't think he was such a good guy doing good things. Teaching things to people outside the circle, maybe got some grumpy graybeards all uppity for selfish reasons. To know who's good and who's bad, and who can say these things(?) Perceptions. Anyways, good talk.
Casten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 12:20:02 AM
How do you feel about the character of Ned Flanders?

Some Christians feel he is a slam on Christianity, and I can see why, but they overlook that he is also kind, humble, selfless, and giving, even in the face of hatred or hostility. His faith is earnest and he lives his ideals.
Benshapiro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 12:21:56 AM

How do you reconcile God's foreknowledge with free will? How is an omnipotent, omnibenevolent, and omniscient God compatible with the existence of Hell as a place of eternal torment?
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 12:31:58 AM
At 9/13/2016 12:20:02 AM, Casten wrote:

Some Christians feel he is a slam on Christianity, and I can see why, but they overlook that he is also kind, humble, selfless, and giving, even in the face of hatred or hostility. His faith is earnest and he lives his ideals.

They feel he is a slam on christianity because he is on a funny tv show. But according to my beliefs a christian is a christian and it isn't my place to judge. It is god's.

Funny Quotes:

"i worship satan and allahu akbar and hispanic muslims i am an illigal immigrant"
-communist_snake-

"What fuking dates are you talking about child. the and ridiculous and stay out of mummies drugs, you're fuked."

-same dude as above....-
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 12:37:16 AM
At 9/13/2016 12:03:11 AM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

Chuck Norris says the good guys wear black. Is that even possible? His acting was obviously terrible, but let's not waste time to go there. Look at Vandamn. How many movies did that guy make.? I'd say he was way worse, and probably fights for real the same. Yet this clown made more movies. Maybe. It's not like I took the time to factcheck the things I say. Instincts. That's how I index the world around me. Most of the time I get stuff wrong, but just knowing that says my instincts are usually right. I suppose it doesn't really matter anyways. What matters more is who's good and who's bad. Personally, I think Bruce Lee was the best. He could fight and act, but only got to make a few awesome movies. And then he died. Murder? Maybe. Yep. Maybe some people didn't think he was such a good guy doing good things. Teaching things to people outside the circle, maybe got some grumpy graybeards all uppity for selfish reasons. To know who's good and who's bad, and who can say these things(?) Perceptions. Anyways, good talk.

In a world without trustable references any measure of morality is unreliable. We have no 0, only a perfect entity. The only reliable shreads have been inspired by god in which you are or are not. Yes or no. No human is signifigantly more moral than another because all measures are infinitely small.

Funny Quotes:

-communist_snake-

-same dude as above....-
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 12:44:59 AM

What is God made of?

If God's realm is outside of the universe, in what sense does he exist (without time)?
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 12:57:08 AM
At 9/13/2016 12:21:56 AM, Benshapiro wrote:

How do you reconcile God's foreknowledge with free will? How is an omnipotent, omnibenevolent, and omniscient God compatible with the existence of Hell as a place of eternal torment?

A perfect god would be infinitely good, right? But it also must be able to punish justly and absolutely, right? The christian god is both. God forgives anything as long as you (come to him) and ask (more like pour your heart out) for forgiveness. He forgives everything except blasphemy. And you obviously have to be serious. And just because he knows what will happen doesn't mean he forces everything to go a certain way. In the end it all comes down to the choice the individual makes. There is always some sort of choice, no matter how sucky. "There's usually always another way." -Moi- And if the world was perfect we wouldn't have free will. And also he doesn't make much happen. 99.9999999999999999999999999% of the time (exaggerated) we stupid humans do something. Then there are the blessed and cursed of the world. I for one will NOT squander my blessed life.

Funny Quotes:

-communist_snake-

-same dude as above....-
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 12:58:40 AM
At 9/13/2016 12:44:59 AM, dee-em wrote:

What is God made of?

If God's realm is outside of the universe, in what sense does he exist (without time)?

I believe he exists as a law, like gravity. (or at least the father part of the trinity)

Funny Quotes:

-communist_snake-

-same dude as above....-
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 12:59:36 AM

What is God made of?

Immaterial is the idea. And i also believe that dimentions are actually more likely to be different frequencies of some sort.

Funny Quotes:

-communist_snake-

-same dude as above....-
Casten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 1:04:52 AM
At 9/13/2016 12:31:58 AM, Perussi wrote:

They feel he is a slam on christianity because he is on a funny tv show. But according to my beliefs a christian is a christian and it isn't my place to judge. It is god's.

How do you define "a Christian"?
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 1:08:22 AM
At 9/13/2016 1:04:52 AM, Casten wrote:

Someone who believes Jesus died on the cross for their sins and has asked for forgiveness. Obviously if you do that and then go on a murduring spree then you are out. And it also has to be whole hearted.

Funny Quotes:

-communist_snake-

-same dude as above....-
Casten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 1:16:41 AM
At 9/13/2016 1:08:22 AM, Perussi wrote:

Someone who believes Jesus died on the cross for their sins and has asked for forgiveness. Obviously if you do that and then go on a murduring spree then you are out. And it also has to be whole hearted.

But what if the spree murderer still wholeheartedly believes that Jesus died on the cross for his sins?
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 1:17:42 AM
At 9/13/2016 12:58:40 AM, Perussi wrote:

What is God made of?

I believe he exists as a law, like gravity. (or at least the father part of the trinity)

Laws aren't intelligent beings. As a great philosopher, how about an honest attempt at answering the questions individually.
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 1:19:04 AM
At 9/13/2016 1:16:41 AM, Casten wrote:
At 9/13/2016 1:08:22 AM, Perussi wrote:

But what if the spree murderer still wholeheartedly believes that Jesus died on the cross for his sins?

He forfieted his salvation. There could somehow be a scenario where it was a rightous act.

Funny Quotes:

-communist_snake-

-same dude as above....-
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 1:20:43 AM
At 9/13/2016 1:17:42 AM, dee-em wrote:

What is God made of?

Laws aren't intelligent beings. As a great philosopher, how about an honest attempt at answering the questions individually.

-_-

Like gravity he has no form or shape, no material. That is the ONLY parallel i am drawing.

Funny Quotes:

-communist_snake-

-same dude as above....-
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 1:21:18 AM
At 9/13/2016 12:59:36 AM, Perussi wrote:

What is God made of?

Immaterial is the idea.

So he is made of nothing? Then he is literally nothing, right?

And i also believe that dimentions are actually more likely to be different frequencies of some sort.

What does that mean? Answer the question oh great Christian philosopher. What does existence mean without time?
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 1:27:35 AM
At 9/13/2016 1:20:43 AM, Perussi wrote:

What is God made of?

-_-

Like gravity he has no form or shape, no material. That is the ONLY parallel i am drawing.

I'm not interested in inane parallels. Try answering my questions. I'm afraid your great philosopher status is in extreme jeopardy. Lol.
zaarbuc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 2:03:24 AM
At 9/13/2016 12:57:08 AM, Perussi wrote:
At 9/13/2016 12:21:56 AM, Benshapiro wrote:

A perfect god would be infinitely good, right? But it also must be able to punish justly and absolutely, right? The christian god is both. God forgives anything as long as you (come to him) and ask (more like pour your heart out) for forgiveness. He forgives everything except blasphemy. And you obviously have to be serious. And just because he knows what will happen doesn't mean he forces everything to go a certain way. In the end it all comes down to the choice the individual makes. There is always some sort of choice, no matter how sucky. "There's usually always another way." -Moi- And if the world was perfect we wouldn't have free will. And also he doesn't make much happen. 99.9999999999999999999999999% of the time (exaggerated) we stupid humans do something. Then there are the blessed and cursed of the world. I for one will NOT squander my blessed life.

How is eternal punishment (hell) just punishment for finite crimes? Do you believe that Mahatma Gandhi, as likely a good and righteous person as any you can name is burning in hell simply because he did not ask your God for forgiveness? How is that justice?

You fail to grasp the conflict between free will and omniscience. Either we have free will (choice), in which case God does not know what we will choose (and thus is not omniscient); or God is omniscient and thus all things are predetermined and we do not have a choice.

Is there free will in heaven? Is there evil? If there is free will and no evil then God is obviously capable of creating a world with both free will and no evil. If there is no free will in heaven, why is free will so desirable in this life; why is it so desirable to go to heaven if there is no free will? If there is evil, why call it heaven?
zaarbuc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 2:06:36 AM

How do you reconcile a benevolent and omnipotent god with the problem of evil. I suspect I already know your answer (free will) based on previous comments but I will ask as a separate question.
zaarbuc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 2:30:37 AM

How do you deal with the problem of inconsistent revelations?

Why do you believe in Christianity? (It couldn't possibly be related to where you live and/or how you were raised?) How do you know Christianity is the correct religion? How do you know the Jews, or Muslims, or Hindu, or Scientologist aren't right, or the ancient Greeks, or Egyptians, or Norse? Even within your own religion there are hundreds of denominations. How do you know which to follow? Catholic, Baptist, Presbyterian, Methodist, Mennonite, Pentecostal, Mormon, Jehovah's Witnesses? Why isn't an all perfect god who wants a relationship with everyone more clear with his message?
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 2:35:31 AM

I have 3 questions:

1. In what way does human sacrifice make people innocent of the bad things they already did?

2. If the Bible says a prophet of god told his people to kill innocent people and rape the young virgin girls, does that make it moral?

3. How did the authors know such great detail about the story of Genesis? If God spoke to them, was it audibly or just in their head?
zaarbuc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 4:37:29 AM

What credible evidence (note the Bible is not evidence) do you have for your God? Do you follow a literal, interpretation of the Bible or do you concede that that some passages are not meant to be taken literally? How do you differentiate between the two? How do you reconcile the laws and commands in the Bible that are obviously evil with a benevolent god? Passages that condone or command others to commit genocide, murder, slavery, rape, etc.?
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 4:54:33 AM

is Christianity a true religion?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 5:03:01 AM
I Have Christian Answers

Another godbotherer lying.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 5:41:58 AM
At 9/13/2016 12:57:08 AM, Perussi wrote:
I for one will NOT squander my blessed life.

Well, you haven't got off to a good start.

If you are truly logic-minded and willing to expand your horisons, I would have thought that trying to give out philosophical pearls of wisdom about your best (imaginary) friend would be the last resort.

You cannot logically deduce that there is a God from vaguely believing in some mystical force out there somewhere, nor believing people who come across as being ecstatically happy with forced smiles on their dials and wanting to be your friend.

You are young and there is a great world out there waiting to be explored and enjoyed for what it is. Otherwise, you could just shut up shop for the rest of your life and dream of what the world should or could be according to myths and fairy tales.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 9:20:00 AM
At 9/13/2016 12:03:11 AM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

Hilarious!
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 9:41:44 AM
At 9/13/2016 1:21:18 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 9/13/2016 12:59:36 AM, Perussi wrote:

What is God made of?

Immaterial is the idea.

So he is made of nothing? Then he is literally nothing, right?

Speaking material wise, si.

And i also believe that dimentions are actually more likely to be different frequencies of some sort.

What does that mean? Answer the question oh great Christian philosopher. What does existence mean without time?

If he never changes why would he need time? The bible also talks about time alot.

Funny Quotes:

-communist_snake-

-same dude as above....-
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 9:43:16 AM
At 9/13/2016 1:27:35 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 9/13/2016 1:20:43 AM, Perussi wrote:

What is God made of?

-_-

I'm not interested in inane parallels. Try answering my questions. I'm afraid your great philosopher status is in extreme jeopardy. Lol.

I don't need to answer your questions if they are irrelevant.

Funny Quotes:

-communist_snake-

-same dude as above....-