If Christianity was true

Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 8:09:41 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
We would see the following things:

1. There would not be any denominations. Just one true religion as there would be no need to argue about the meaning of Christianity. It would be obvious.

2. Scientific studies demonstrate the effectiveness of prayer. It would be a normalized form of medical treatment due to its demonstrable effectiveness.

3. Scientific evidence (or even proof) of the existence demons.

4. No other religions exist.

5. No adult free from cognitive impairment would doubt Christianity was true due to the overwhelming and obvious proof.

6. The Jewish people unanimously accepted Jesus as the messiah prophesied in the old testament. The split between Judaism and Christianity never happened.

7. Jesus is well documented by scholars of his time as he is renowned as the most significant figure of his time and known worldwide due to his divine status.

8. There are no biblical forgeries, contradictions or alterations.

9. The bible is full of scientific facts not known by people of the time but confirmed as true thousands of years later as these claims can be proven using modern scientific methods.

10. There is scientific proof of a flat earth.

11. There is scientific evidence suggesting the earth is around 6, 000 years old.

12. Scientific evidence suggests intelligent design.

Obviously It's well known none of these things are true. Unfortunately many people are unable to see what this means, Christianity is demonstrably false. Believing it is the truth is both ignorant and delusional.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 10:50:53 PM
Bump
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Genius_Intellect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 11:04:07 PM
At 9/13/2016 8:09:41 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

Not a Christian myself, but I love playing Devil's Advocate.

1. There would not be any denominations. Just one true religion as there would be no need to argue about the meaning of Christianity. It would be obvious.

The Bible warns of "false prophets" who mislead people from the true faith. Clearly, false prophets founded all the "other" denominations.

2. Scientific studies demonstrate the effectiveness of prayer. It would be a normalized form of medical treatment due to its demonstrable effectiveness.

Prayers only work if God answers them. Since God is a variable that we can never control for, how could we empirically test if prayer works?

We have documented evidence of demons. We just call them by different names: schizophrenia, cancer, depression, feminism, etc.

See 1 for false prophets.

5. No adult free from cognitive impairment would doubt Christianity was true due to the overwhelming and obvious proof.

See 1 - 3 for why there's no proof.

6. The Jewish people unanimously accepted Jesus as the messiah prophesied in the old testament. The split between Judaism and Christianity never happened.

Jesus "proved" his divinity by performing miracles; but that was a fairly common superpower back then, so the Jews had no reason to believe that Jesus was God instead of just another prophet.

7. Jesus is well documented by scholars of his time as he is renowned as the most significant figure of his time and known worldwide due to his divine status.

Palestine wasn't the center of the world back then, and Jesus's exploits were run-of-the-mill, so it's not hard to imagine that he stayed under the radar.

See 1 for false prophets.

9. The bible is full of scientific facts not known by people of the time but confirmed as true thousands of years later as these claims can be proven using modern scientific methods.

11. There is scientific evidence suggesting the earth is around 6, 000 years old.

If we assume a literal interpretation of the Bible, these points would indeed be problematic. However, since the Bible contains more myth and metaphor than historical fact(-oid), we can abandon this assumption without abandoning Christianity.

Obviously It's well known none of these things are true. Unfortunately many people are unable to see what this means, Christianity is demonstrably false. Believing it is the truth is both ignorant and delusional.

I'm afraid your case has some glaring holes in it.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 11:19:10 PM
At 9/13/2016 10:50:53 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Bump
I'm not sure what to make of this. It's a lot to say which usually ends up saying nothing. I could give you a bump but it might not be what you'd expect. Nothing ever is when you get to thinking about it. And you would. You'd be so jacked in looking now to get out. But where's the door? Where's the key to unlock the only conspiracy that ever existed, is you now on the run, running nowhere knows the fastest wabbit never runs. Enjoy life. Don't let anyone do it for you.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 11:29:14 PM
At 9/13/2016 11:19:10 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
Bump
I'm not sure what to make of this. It's a lot to say which usually ends up saying nothing. I could give you a bump but it might not be what you'd expect. Nothing ever is when you get to thinking about it. And you would. You'd be so jacked in looking now to get out. But where's the door? Where's the key to unlock the only conspiracy that ever existed, is you now on the run, running nowhere knows the fastest wabbit never runs. Enjoy life. Don't let anyone do it for you.

What is all that mumbo jumbo about? Speak English. Are you trying to threaten me or something perverted?

MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 11:44:03 PM
At 9/13/2016 11:29:14 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 9/13/2016 11:19:10 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
Bump

What is all that mumbo jumbo about? Speak English. Are you trying to threaten me or something perverted?

Oh right. You're that feminist keeping up the women-live fight. I remember you. Never mind. Oh look. Oprah and Rosie just came on TV. Gotta go. Cya.
rnjs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 12:51:25 AM

If only it were that simple, but its not.
Casten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 1:18:03 AM
You don't seem to be leaving much room for the oft-touted element of free will. I often hear Christians say that God cannot make you accept his light. You must choose to. Inevitably, there will be people who choose not to -- who embrace mistruths or false narratives.

But the path to "his grace" is there before them if they wish to walk it. Finding that path and being reborn as a walker upon it actually seems to be an important transformative rite for them. "I once was lost and now am found," and all that. Salvation probably wouldn't be as meaningful if it didn't involve a profound internal choice.

I could be butchering that terribly of course. Any Christian can feel free to eviscerate my outsider's account of the faith.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 1:30:39 AM

If Christianity was true, then I would become a Christian.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 1:58:39 AM
At 9/14/2016 1:18:03 AM, Casten wrote:
You don't seem to be leaving much room for the oft-touted element of free will. I often hear Christians say that God cannot make you accept his light. You must choose to. Inevitably, there will be people who choose not to -- who embrace mistruths or false narratives.

But the path to "his grace" is there before them if they wish to walk it. Finding that path and being reborn as a walker upon it actually seems to be an important transformative rite for them. "I once was lost and now am found," and all that. Salvation probably wouldn't be as meaningful if it didn't involve a profound internal choice.

I could be butchering that terribly of course. Any Christian can feel free to eviscerate my outsider's account of the faith.

What about the ones that chose to walk the other way to go all in to never come back. No red pill for those going blue, going black, going white now the only color there ever was when all things grey get removed. The best people doing bad things. Stirs the minds all ways at once if you can steady the nerves see through the maze straight. Maybe a myth. Maybe a movie. Somebody should write, right or wrong, the book would be worth the while, if not for anything but the potential, for how the war was won.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 12:06:00 PM

who died and made science God??

why does everything have to be proved by science, things exist before science says so...
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 12:11:36 PM
At 9/14/2016 12:06:00 PM, graceofgod wrote:

why does everything have to be proved by science, things exist before science says so...

Absolute pig ignorance displayed by godbotherers. You are aware that Quetzalcoatl actually exists because people believe such. Just like your god, what's it's name?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 1:28:33 PM

Did the Bible provide us with the knowledge to build the computer and internet connection you're using, or the knowledge to live healthier, longer lives, hypocrite?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
rnjs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 2:04:13 PM

The meaning of Christianity is obvious, but people distort, twist or misinterpret scripture as the Bible says they would. The differences between most Christian denominations is minor, even though some blow them out of proportion.
It is a form of medical treatment, for those who pray
Depends on ones interpretation of the evidence/facts.
Non Christian religions will eventually not exist
Again proof depends on interpretation, to me the proof for Christianity is overwhelming
Also was foretold that many Jews would not accept Christ as messiah.
He is the most significant figure of all time
There are no contradictions, forgeries and alterations are inevitable.
Scientific statements in the Bible have been confirmed by scientific methods.
The Bible doesn't say the earth is flat.
Again interpretation plays a role
Obviously
Believing Christianity is false is willingly ignorant
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 2:13:13 PM
At 9/14/2016 2:04:13 PM, rnjs wrote:

The meaning of Christianity is obvious, but people distort, twist or misinterpret scripture as the Bible says they would. The differences between most Christian denominations is minor, even though some blow them out of proportion.
Again proof depends on interpretation, to me the proof for Christianity is overwhelming
Obviously

Did your mummy tell you that? And at your age you've done absolutely nothing to educate yourself?
The fear of death your mummy instilled was far stronger than your capacity for thinking, it's not unusual and neither are you.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 4:40:03 PM
At 9/14/2016 1:28:33 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Did the Bible provide us with the knowledge to build the computer and internet connection you're using, or the knowledge to live healthier, longer lives, hypocrite?

are you saying computer builders are gods???
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 4:42:45 PM
At 9/14/2016 4:40:03 PM, graceofgod wrote:

You can see what is being said in underlined bold.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 4:44:31 PM
At 9/14/2016 4:42:45 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 9/14/2016 4:40:03 PM, graceofgod wrote:

You can see what is being said in underlined bold.

so do you need to be a god to build a computer or work out how it worked...
Edlvsjd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 12:03:43 AM

There is more proof for a flat earth than there is for the globe

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. Aristotle
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com...
Edlvsjd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 12:07:19 AM
At 9/14/2016 2:04:13 PM, rnjs wrote:

Yes it does. And yes it is
Obviously
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. Aristotle
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com...
imperialchimp
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 3:54:13 AM

You must be one of those young atheists who think science can disprove god. To say science can disprove god is a lazy attempt to do so. It is also false.

You must remember that science does not actually mean truth. Would you like me to elaborate?

If you want to disprove god just use logic.
Ape Lives Matter (ALM)

What if I were to tell you that humans have false logic? Prepare for confusion.

-.-- --- ..- / ... .... --- ..- .-.. -.. / .... .- ...- . / -. --- - / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . -.. / - .... .. ... .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.-
Q-ter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 11:06:23 AM

Obviously It's well known none of these things are true. Unfortunately many people are unable to see what this means, Christianity is demonstrably false. Believing it is the truth is both ignorant and delusional. : :

Christians will circumvent all these statements with lies so it doesn't prove anything to them.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 8:01:04 PM
At 9/15/2016 11:06:23 AM, Q-ter wrote:

Obviously It's well known none of these things are true. Unfortunately many people are unable to see what this means, Christianity is demonstrably false. Believing it is the truth is both ignorant and delusional. : :

Christians will circumvent all these statements with lies so it doesn't prove anything to them.

It's not my fault they are deluded.

Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 8:02:15 PM
At 9/14/2016 12:51:25 AM, rnjs wrote:

If only it were that simple, but its not.

It really is that simple.

Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 8:05:30 PM

No one.

Well unless there is evidence supporting a theory it's just a speculative claim without evidence and it would be stupidity to consider it the truth.

Omniverse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 9:04:17 PM
If Christianity were true it wouldn't have taken it 15, fifteen, centuries to reach vast areas of the globe. And it certainly wouldn't have hit those shores inextricably tied to rather temporal imperial conquests.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 10:17:18 PM
At 9/15/2016 8:05:30 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

No one.

Well unless there is evidence supporting a theory it's just a speculative claim without evidence and it would be stupidity to consider it the truth.

why would it, did the earth exists before a scientist said it was possible...??

darwin was convinced the fossil record would prove evolution and when it didn't they come up with new claims and ideas...
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 10:49:05 PM
At 9/15/2016 10:17:18 PM, graceofgod wrote:

No one.

why would it, did the earth exists before a scientist said it was possible...??

darwin was convinced the fossil record would prove evolution and when it didn't they come up with new claims and ideas...

LOL. Making up crap again, do you never tire of lying? Why is telling the truth so hard for you? Is your lying compulsive?
imperialchimp
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2016 3:20:43 AM

No one.

Science isn't truth either.
Why do you keep on insisting that the truth must be backed up by science? The theist is partially (or hardly) right.
Ape Lives Matter (ALM)

What if I were to tell you that humans have false logic? Prepare for confusion.

-.-- --- ..- / ... .... --- ..- .-.. -.. / .... .- ...- . / -. --- - / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . -.. / - .... .. ... .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.-
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2016 8:15:52 PM
At 9/16/2016 3:20:43 AM, imperialchimp wrote:

No one.

Science isn't truth either.
Why do you keep on insisting that the truth must be backed up by science? The theist is partially (or hardly) right.

When something is supported by the scientific community it has much more credibility than something made up by bronze age tribesmen.