Total Posts:39|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why do you hang out here, the religion forum

ColeTrain
Posts: 4,292
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 1:10:33 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 1:02:45 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
Just curious.

I don't.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Benshapiro
Posts: 3,954
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 1:12:33 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 1:10:33 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 9/14/2016 1:02:45 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
Just curious.

I don't.

How paradoxical.
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,292
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 1:13:58 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 1:12:33 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
At 9/14/2016 1:10:33 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 9/14/2016 1:02:45 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
Just curious.

I don't.

How paradoxical.

Lol, I know. I just decided to check it out for a bit, saw this thread, and couldn't resist. :P
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Benshapiro
Posts: 3,954
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 1:19:04 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 1:13:58 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 9/14/2016 1:12:33 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
At 9/14/2016 1:10:33 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 9/14/2016 1:02:45 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
Just curious.

I don't.

How paradoxical.

Lol, I know. I just decided to check it out for a bit, saw this thread, and couldn't resist. :P

You're an outlier. I suggest you buy a lotto ticket
Benshapiro
Posts: 3,954
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 1:20:39 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 1:19:52 AM, uncung wrote:
At 9/14/2016 1:02:45 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
Just curious.

to promote and to defend Islam.

Why?
Benshapiro
Posts: 3,954
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 1:21:35 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 1:19:18 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 9/14/2016 1:02:45 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
Just curious.

Why do you?

To ponder my existence.
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,292
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 1:23:03 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 1:19:04 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
At 9/14/2016 1:13:58 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 9/14/2016 1:12:33 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
At 9/14/2016 1:10:33 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 9/14/2016 1:02:45 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
Just curious.

I don't.

How paradoxical.

Lol, I know. I just decided to check it out for a bit, saw this thread, and couldn't resist. :P

You're an outlier. I suggest you buy a lotto ticket

Lol... I'm not about that life ;P
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
uncung
Posts: 3,433
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 1:24:40 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 1:20:39 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
At 9/14/2016 1:19:52 AM, uncung wrote:
At 9/14/2016 1:02:45 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
Just curious.

to promote and to defend Islam.

Why?

to save them from hell and to clear Islam from misunderstanding.
Casten
Posts: 391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 1:29:41 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
To learn, to talk, to balance my perspective with exposure to alternate viewpoints, and to exploit opportunities for humor and personal amusement. To stimulate my mind, basically.
Benshapiro
Posts: 3,954
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 1:45:37 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 1:24:40 AM, uncung wrote:
At 9/14/2016 1:20:39 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
At 9/14/2016 1:19:52 AM, uncung wrote:
At 9/14/2016 1:02:45 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
Just curious.

to promote and to defend Islam.

Why?

to save them from hell and to clear Islam from misunderstanding.

How do you know that hell is a real place and that Islam is the one true religion?
Benshapiro
Posts: 3,954
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 1:47:11 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 1:29:41 AM, Casten wrote:
To learn, to talk, to balance my perspective with exposure to alternate viewpoints, and to exploit opportunities for humor and personal amusement. To stimulate my mind, basically.

This is similar to my reason for frequenting the religion forum too, I think. To be perfectly honest though I don't fully understand why I spend so much time here.
Emmarie
Posts: 1,907
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 1:54:13 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 1:02:45 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
Just curious.

I lurk here more than hang out. I'm mainly looking to see if any others have arrived at similar conclusions regarding the Christian faith. Notice how I didn't write Christian religion? It's because I think all Christian denominations have gotten side tracked by insisting believers accept their dogma verbatim in order to find new life vs. the ideas that Christ preached of being convicted of sin, and repenting to receive a rejuvenation of Spirit which leads to being able to love and forgive oneself and others as well as eternal life in the present.

Needless to say, I haven't found anyone yet, but I'm always searching.
Outplayz
Posts: 1,267
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 2:01:11 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 1:47:11 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
At 9/14/2016 1:29:41 AM, Casten wrote:
To learn, to talk, to balance my perspective with exposure to alternate viewpoints, and to exploit opportunities for humor and personal amusement. To stimulate my mind, basically.

This is similar to my reason for frequenting the religion forum too, I think. To be perfectly honest though I don't fully understand why I spend so much time here.

I'm glad Casten answered well... i am currently in the reading mood right now... Sometimes i answer just to type and/or verbalize my thoughts and what she said.
Skeptical1
Posts: 656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 3:36:32 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 1:02:45 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
Just curious.

I always wanted to know what happened when the irresistable force met the immovable object.

I get to see that every day here, many times.

(The answer is "not much").
Skeptical1
Posts: 656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 3:51:09 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 3:36:32 AM, Skeptical1 wrote:
At 9/14/2016 1:02:45 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
Just curious.

I always wanted to know what happened when the irresistable force met the immovable object.

I get to see that every day here, many times.

(The answer is "not much").

OK, that was the flippant (if not entirely untrue) answer. The real answer is similar to what others have said - to exercise my mind. And I guess to look at things that may encourage me to expand or challenge that which I think I know.
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,482
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 4:09:10 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 1:02:45 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
Just curious.

u will find every kind of ppls from idiots to intellectual ones... so to learn new stuff and to laugh at others :D
Never fart near dog
zaarbuc
Posts: 43
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 6:35:34 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 1:02:45 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
Just curious.

I like to argue. I also think religion is harmful and I like to argue against it.
bulproof
Posts: 25,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 6:38:51 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
It's funnier than the cartoon channel.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 6:48:18 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 1:02:45 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
Just curious.

To study people and the way they interact.
uncung
Posts: 3,433
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 11:23:50 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 1:45:37 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
At 9/14/2016 1:24:40 AM, uncung wrote:
At 9/14/2016 1:20:39 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
At 9/14/2016 1:19:52 AM, uncung wrote:
At 9/14/2016 1:02:45 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
Just curious.

to promote and to defend Islam.

Why?

to save them from hell and to clear Islam from misunderstanding.

How do you know that hell is a real place and that Islam is the one true religion?

my religion tells us that hell is a real place, and it also says Islam is a true religion.
bulproof
Posts: 25,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 11:45:52 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 11:23:50 AM, uncung wrote:
At 9/14/2016 1:45:37 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
At 9/14/2016 1:24:40 AM, uncung wrote:
At 9/14/2016 1:20:39 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
At 9/14/2016 1:19:52 AM, uncung wrote:
At 9/14/2016 1:02:45 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
Just curious.

to promote and to defend Islam.

Why?

to save them from hell and to clear Islam from misunderstanding.

How do you know that hell is a real place and that Islam is the one true religion?

my religion tells us that hell is a real place, and it also says Islam is a true religion.
Wow, just imagine what you could believe if you'd been brought up with Anne McCaffrey
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Looncall
Posts: 449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 11:51:52 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 11:23:50 AM, uncung wrote:
At 9/14/2016 1:45:37 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
At 9/14/2016 1:24:40 AM, uncung wrote:
At 9/14/2016 1:20:39 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
At 9/14/2016 1:19:52 AM, uncung wrote:
At 9/14/2016 1:02:45 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
Just curious.

to promote and to defend Islam.

Why?

to save them from hell and to clear Islam from misunderstanding.

How do you know that hell is a real place and that Islam is the one true religion?

my religion tells us that hell is a real place, and it also says Islam is a true religion.

How do you know that what it tells you is accurate?
The metaphysicist has no laboratory.
uncung
Posts: 3,433
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 12:25:08 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 11:51:52 AM, Looncall wrote:
At 9/14/2016 11:23:50 AM, uncung wrote:
At 9/14/2016 1:45:37 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
At 9/14/2016 1:24:40 AM, uncung wrote:
At 9/14/2016 1:20:39 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
At 9/14/2016 1:19:52 AM, uncung wrote:
At 9/14/2016 1:02:45 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
Just curious.

to promote and to defend Islam.

Why?

to save them from hell and to clear Islam from misunderstanding.

How do you know that hell is a real place and that Islam is the one true religion?

my religion tells us that hell is a real place, and it also says Islam is a true religion.

How do you know that what it tells you is accurate?

it is accurate because that information is from the true religion.