Jump to topic:

There is no one but many spiritual truths

Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 2:25:16 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
"Steiner hoped to form a spiritual movement that would free the individual from any external authority: "The most important problem of all human thinking is this: to comprehend the human being as a personality grounded in him or herself."[21] For Steiner, the human capacity for rational thought would allow individuals to comprehend spiritual research on their own and bypass the danger of dependency on an authority."

https://en.wikipedia.org...

I just started reading this philosopher's work, and i like it so far. Amazing how seeking knowledge brings you to a deeper understanding of your own self. That i found was the beauty. I was reading this without having to speculate how anyone else would read and imagine. Yes, i know it is wiki-p, give me a break, i just found it... but, the division of having to worry about what others spiritually believe or think has always been refreshing in my view. I like seeing it verbalized more eloquently, although... i am sure i will have differences, i agree for the most part. The next evolution in spirituality must be acceptance that we all have a different "paradise" we hope for (and that's okay)... studying or talking about that difference with unconscious acceptance is / should be the new spiritual growth. This may also bring a union between science and spirituality by giving science a platform that it can work with.
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 2:35:59 AM
At 9/15/2016 2:25:16 AM, Outplayz wrote:
"Steiner hoped to form a spiritual movement that would free the individual from any external authority: "The most important problem of all human thinking is this: to comprehend the human being as a personality grounded in him or herself."[21] For Steiner, the human capacity for rational thought would allow individuals to comprehend spiritual research on their own and bypass the danger of dependency on an authority."

I just started reading this philosopher's work, and i like it so far. Amazing how seeking knowledge brings you to a deeper understanding of your own self. That i found was the beauty. I was reading this without having to speculate how anyone else would read and imagine. Yes, i know it is wiki-p, give me a break, i just found it... but, the division of having to worry about what others spiritually believe or think has always been refreshing in my view. I like seeing it verbalized more eloquently, although... i am sure i will have differences, i agree for the most part. The next evolution in spirituality must be acceptance that we all have a different "paradise" we hope for (and that's okay)... studying or talking about that difference with unconscious acceptance is / should be the new spiritual growth. This may also bring a union between science and spirituality by giving science a platform that it can work with.

The problem is that superstition begins when someone does not know the difference between fact and suspicion. In some cases, it may be ok to suspect something but one should not forget it is just a suspicion.
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 2:47:01 AM
At 9/15/2016 2:35:59 AM, matt8800 wrote:

The problem is that superstition begins when someone does not know the difference between fact and suspicion. In some cases, it may be ok to suspect something but one should not forget it is just a suspicion.

I agree. I felt Anthroposophy agreed to that as well, as far as i have read it at least. I have always promoted to be grounded in reality bc that is clearly where we stand. Yet, i also promote that imagination and intuition are hints to our immortality. It is speculation, but i have not found anything conclusive that would make me not wonder the spiritual platform that may be.

I find it important to come up with a universal platform, but another point i am getting from this is that people are not at the capacity to be able to, which i also agree. There seems to be more spiritually malleable then thinkers. The hope is to help enlighten so the majority can be more spiritually confident in a platform that comes from themselves.

This will be subjective and beautiful in my opinion. The way it is going at this point is like children arguing / being mad at the one kid that doesn't want to play his/her imaginary game. Instead of sitting down and saying, "we will play your game next."
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 3:41:21 AM

The word "spiritual" has no meaning in the real world. It is a word for something imagined rather than anything corresponding to actual reality. Therefore "spiritual truth" is an oxymoron. Ditto for "spiritual research" and "spiritual growth".
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 3:51:44 AM
At 9/15/2016 3:41:21 AM, dee-em wrote:

The word "spiritual" has no meaning in the real world. It is a word for something imagined rather than anything corresponding to actual reality. Therefore "spiritual truth" is an oxymoron. Ditto for "spiritual research" and "spiritual growth".

I agree that it has no real world definition bc it is a word that talks about things not of this world. Yet, i cannot agree that there will be no way of studying it... seems like it now, but i cannot see into the future. All i know is that the word has truths to me bc i can see how other realities could be a possibility just through some thinking. The way i do it is from everything that is observable to me now... so personally not all my conjectures come from imagination, although i won't lie... imagination is a part of it.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 3:54:39 AM
At 9/15/2016 3:51:44 AM, Outplayz wrote:

I agree that it has no real world definition bc it is a word that talks about things not of this world. Yet, i cannot agree that there will be no way of studying it... seems like it now, but i cannot see into the future. All i know is that the word has truths to me bc i can see how other realities could be a possibility just through some thinking. The way i do it is from everything that is observable to me now... so personally not all my conjectures come from imagination, although i won't lie... imagination is a part of it.

Give us an example of a "spiritual truth" and how you have established its truth value.
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 3:57:37 AM
At 9/15/2016 3:54:39 AM, dee-em wrote:

Give us an example of a "spiritual truth" and how you have established its truth value.

Would it count if it is subjective to my observation/experience, anecdotal, and can only define myself?
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 4:11:07 AM
At 9/15/2016 3:57:37 AM, Outplayz wrote:

Would it count if it is subjective to my observation/experience, anecdotal, and can only define myself?

No, obviously. Anyone could play that game.
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 4:17:18 AM
At 9/15/2016 4:11:07 AM, dee-em wrote:

That game is my belief. I don't understand why it should be any other way. Only you know who you are - who am i to say otherwise. My spirituality says i make who i am, it's quite simple. It works both naturally and if you want to / can go the route - supernaturally (spiritually).
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 7:21:05 AM
At 9/15/2016 4:17:18 AM, Outplayz wrote:

That game is my belief. I don't understand why it should be any other way. Only you know who you are - who am i to say otherwise. My spirituality says i make who i am, it's quite simple. It works both naturally and if you want to / can go the route - supernaturally (spiritually).

Sorry opz, but I think there is a communication problem here. I have little idea of what you think you are arguing but there is a disconnect with anything I have said. Good luck with your spiritual growth and search for spiritual truth, whatever they might be.
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2016 1:53:35 AM
At 9/15/2016 7:21:05 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 9/15/2016 4:17:18 AM, Outplayz wrote:

Sorry opz, but I think there is a communication problem here. I have little idea of what you think you are arguing but there is a disconnect with anything I have said. Good luck with your spiritual growth and search for spiritual truth, whatever they might be.

There really isn't any communication problem, just a different idea in regards to the spirituality i am talking about. It is hard for me to debate my belief bc it is all made from my observations and mostly only applies to me, and i believe that. The only part of my belief that applies to you or anyone else for that matter is that everyone is right in their belief.