Total Posts:16|Showing Posts:1-16
Jump to topic:

Romans 3:10 is a lie

Chloe8
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2016 8:51:38 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
Romans 3:10 "There is no one righteous, not even one;"

Genesis 7:1 "The Lord then said to Noah, "Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation."

Obviously the Lord considered Noah righteous in Genesis 7:1. So why does Romans 3:10 make a false claim that no one is righteous?
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Looncall
Posts: 454
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2016 9:44:46 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/17/2016 8:51:38 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Romans 3:10 "There is no one righteous, not even one;"

Genesis 7:1 "The Lord then said to Noah, "Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation."
s
Obviously the Lord considered Noah righteous in Genesis 7:1. So why does Romans 3:10 make a false claim that no one is righteous?

It's just the Great Scam: if you keep 'em feeling guilty, your pews and collection plates will always be full.
The metaphysicist has no laboratory.
Eagle2
Posts: 14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2016 9:50:52 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/17/2016 8:51:38 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Romans 3:10 "There is no one righteous, not even one;"

Genesis 7:1 "The Lord then said to Noah, "Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation."

Obviously the Lord considered Noah righteous in Genesis 7:1. So why does Romans 3:10 make a false claim that no one is righteous?

You should have kept reading Romans, this is how people are found righteous,

Romans 4:3 (ESV Strong's) 3 For what does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness."

This is why Noah was "seen" righteous before God,

Genesis 6:22 (ASV) 22 Thus did Noah; according to all that God commanded him, so did he.
Genesis 7:1 (ASV) 1 And Jehovah said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation.
Casten
Posts: 391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2016 10:11:55 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
Romans 3:10 was written by Paul, a fallible man. Genesis 7:1 was straight out of God's mouth. Though Paul is venerated, he cannot surpass the authority of God. I'd take Yahweh's word as gospel over Paul's, here. It makes more sense, considering the Bible's numerous references to righteous people.
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 2,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2016 10:26:37 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/17/2016 8:51:38 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Romans 3:10 "There is no one righteous, not even one;"

Genesis 7:1 "The Lord then said to Noah, "Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation."

Obviously the Lord considered Noah righteous in Genesis 7:1. So why does Romans 3:10 make a false claim that no one is righteous?

I couldn't help but notice the first statement referencing a specific generation. Is the second statement also speaking about the same generation? Just a quick look that opened Romans to read some of the surrounding context, and I noticed something. Maybe I'm not understanding this, but scolling up a few passages from 3:10, and what's this nonsense about some people being exempt from the law(?) That can't be true. Can it?
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2016 12:25:57 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/17/2016 8:51:38 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Romans 3:10 "There is no one righteous, not even one;"

Genesis 7:1 "The Lord then said to Noah, "Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation."

Obviously the Lord considered Noah righteous in Genesis 7:1. So why does Romans 3:10 make a false claim that no one is righteous?

Righteous has different meanings, ranging from standing upright (in the moral sense) to being justified in God's eyes.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
12_13
Posts: 1,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 8:34:10 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/17/2016 8:51:38 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Romans 3:10 "There is no one righteous, not even one;"

Genesis 7:1 "The Lord then said to Noah, "Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation."

Obviously the Lord considered Noah righteous in Genesis 7:1. So why does Romans 3:10 make a false claim that no one is righteous?

Or there is different meaning. one problem with this is that Paul is referring to some other scripture, because he says: "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:". Perhaps, when it was said, there was no one righteous. It doesn"t mean that never has anyone be righteous.
DanMGTOW
Posts: 1,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2016 4:32:24 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/17/2016 10:11:55 PM, Casten wrote:
Romans 3:10 was written by Paul, a fallible man. Genesis 7:1 was straight out of God's mouth. Though Paul is venerated, he cannot surpass the authority of God. I'd take Yahweh's word as gospel over Paul's, here. It makes more sense, considering the Bible's numerous references to righteous people.

genesis was written by Moses, a fallible man.
what convinced you that your god is real?
Casten
Posts: 391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2016 2:27:52 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/20/2016 4:32:24 AM, DanMGTOW wrote:
At 9/17/2016 10:11:55 PM, Casten wrote:
Romans 3:10 was written by Paul, a fallible man. Genesis 7:1 was straight out of God's mouth. Though Paul is venerated, he cannot surpass the authority of God. I'd take Yahweh's word as gospel over Paul's, here. It makes more sense, considering the Bible's numerous references to righteous people.

genesis was written by Moses, a fallible man.
what convinced you that your god is real?

I'm an atheist.

It was just my speculation. My atheist speculation. My... atheculation? Atheispeculation? There doesn't appear to be any happy way to wed those words. I'm sad now.
Chloe8
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2016 7:50:34 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/19/2016 8:34:10 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 9/17/2016 8:51:38 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Romans 3:10 "There is no one righteous, not even one;"

Genesis 7:1 "The Lord then said to Noah, "Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation."

Obviously the Lord considered Noah righteous in Genesis 7:1. So why does Romans 3:10 make a false claim that no one is righteous?

Or there is different meaning. one problem with this is that Paul is referring to some other scripture, because he says: "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:". Perhaps, when it was said, there was no one righteous. It doesn"t mean that never has anyone be righteous.

Surely you know that Genesis was written hundreds of years before Romans. Therefore you don't have an argument. Paul obviously hadn't read Genesis, or he didn't remember it's content. Unless you accept he deliberately contradicted Genesis.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Chloe8
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2016 7:55:25 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/17/2016 9:50:52 PM, Eagle2 wrote:
At 9/17/2016 8:51:38 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Romans 3:10 "There is no one righteous, not even one;"

Genesis 7:1 "The Lord then said to Noah, "Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation."

Obviously the Lord considered Noah righteous in Genesis 7:1. So why does Romans 3:10 make a false claim that no one is righteous?

You should have kept reading Romans, this is how people are found righteous,

Romans 4:3 (ESV Strong's) 3 For what does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness."

Abraham displayed righteousness by believing Yawheh existed. It does not say he was righteous.

If you claim righteous and righteousness means the same thing you have to accept Paul contradicts himself in the same book.

This is why Noah was "seen" righteous before God,

Genesis 6:22 (ASV) 22 Thus did Noah; according to all that God commanded him, so did he.
Genesis 7:1 (ASV) 1 And Jehovah said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation.

So if Noah can be righteous why does Paul say there is no one righteous? It's a blatent contradiction.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Chloe8
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2016 7:56:42 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/17/2016 10:11:55 PM, Casten wrote:
Romans 3:10 was written by Paul, a fallible man. Genesis 7:1 was straight out of God's mouth. Though Paul is venerated, he cannot surpass the authority of God. I'd take Yahweh's word as gospel over Paul's, here. It makes more sense, considering the Bible's numerous references to righteous people.

Yes but the fact Paul contradicts Yawheh shows that he does not speak for him, the bible is the work of men without divine influence and Christianity is demonstrably false.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Chloe8
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2016 7:58:05 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/17/2016 10:26:37 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 9/17/2016 8:51:38 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Romans 3:10 "There is no one righteous, not even one;"

Genesis 7:1 "The Lord then said to Noah, "Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation."

Obviously the Lord considered Noah righteous in Genesis 7:1. So why does Romans 3:10 make a false claim that no one is righteous?

I couldn't help but notice the first statement referencing a specific generation. Is the second statement also speaking about the same generation? Just a quick look that opened Romans to read some of the surrounding context, and I noticed something. Maybe I'm not understanding this, but scolling up a few passages from 3:10, and what's this nonsense about some people being exempt from the law(?) That can't be true. Can it?

It's a blatent contradiction. It does not say anything about a specific generation. That's just your assumption unsupported by scripture.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Chloe8
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2016 8:03:34 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/18/2016 12:25:57 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/17/2016 8:51:38 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Romans 3:10 "There is no one righteous, not even one;"

Genesis 7:1 "The Lord then said to Noah, "Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation."

Obviously the Lord considered Noah righteous in Genesis 7:1. So why does Romans 3:10 make a false claim that no one is righteous?

Righteous has different meanings, ranging from standing upright (in the moral sense) to being justified in God's eyes.

So no one stands upright? Or no one is righteous in God's eyes?

Did Noah stand upright or was he righteous in God's eyes?

You have failed to get out of this one. Unless you claim in the time of Noah no one stood upright. Paul should have been more specific. Anyone who reads Romans would think he was implying no one was righteous in the eyes of God.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 2,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2016 8:05:45 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/21/2016 7:58:05 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 9/17/2016 10:26:37 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 9/17/2016 8:51:38 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Romans 3:10 "There is no one righteous, not even one;"

Genesis 7:1 "The Lord then said to Noah, "Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation."

Obviously the Lord considered Noah righteous in Genesis 7:1. So why does Romans 3:10 make a false claim that no one is righteous?

I couldn't help but notice the first statement referencing a specific generation. Is the second statement also speaking about the same generation? Just a quick look that opened Romans to read some of the surrounding context, and I noticed something. Maybe I'm not understanding this, but scolling up a few passages from 3:10, and what's this nonsense about some people being exempt from the law(?) That can't be true. Can it?

It's a blatent contradiction. It does not say anything about a specific generation. That's just your assumption unsupported by scripture.

You wrote it. Genesis 7:1 " I have found you righteous in this generation". This generation? Assuming this translation is accurate, then a specific generation is being addressed. So....
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2016 9:00:56 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/21/2016 8:03:34 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 9/18/2016 12:25:57 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/17/2016 8:51:38 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Romans 3:10 "There is no one righteous, not even one;"

Genesis 7:1 "The Lord then said to Noah, "Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation."

Obviously the Lord considered Noah righteous in Genesis 7:1. So why does Romans 3:10 make a false claim that no one is righteous?

Righteous has different meanings, ranging from standing upright (in the moral sense) to being justified in God's eyes.

So no one stands upright? Or no one is righteous in God's eyes?

In what sense? The word has different meanings.

Did Noah stand upright or was he righteous in God's eyes?

In what sense? As I said, the word has different meanings.

You have failed to get out of this one. Unless you claim in the time of Noah no one stood upright. Paul should have been more specific. Anyone who reads Romans would think he was implying no one was righteous in the eyes of God.

The quote comes from Isaiah which in turn derived it from Psalms. Paul wasn't stating anything new.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."