Jump to topic:

And The Verdict Is.......

Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 9:26:26 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
After 168 posts in the God on Trial it is time fro a verdict.
http://www.debate.org...

Of all the posts by theists (arguing for the existence of God) there was only one that offered any proof to the claim. It was the witnessing of a miracle and to date no evidence has been tendered to verify the miracle.

There were two posts that simply "proclaimed that God exists, therefore God exists" so I don't think we can take those seriously. There was also a claim that he, the claimant (possibly Donald Trump) is God, but once again I think we can dismiss that.

The remaining posts for the affirmative were deliberately avoiding the subject by simply arguing about whose turn it should be to provide evidence.

Understandably there was no evidence to refute by atheists (refuting the claim).

Therefore, after deliberation and there being no evidence for the existence of God, what are we left with?

Nothing.

And there being nothing, there is no God.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 11:07:43 AM
At 9/19/2016 10:20:43 AM, Otokage wrote:
That was unexpected.

Totally unexpected...what can I say!!!

I mean, there were so many posts by theists who were overwhelmingly exuberant in their desires to come forth with evidence to support their bizarre claim.

I think that, perhaps in all the excitement of jeering and snearing at the opposition, it just slipped their minds to provide the, no doubt, mounds of evidence that hey had gathered.
Silly_Billy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 11:13:30 AM
At 9/19/2016 11:07:43 AM, Willows wrote:
That was unexpected.

I mean, there were so many posts by theists who were overwhelmingly exuberant in their desires to come forth with evidence to support their bizarre claim.

I think that, perhaps in all the excitement of jeering and snearing at the opposition, it just slipped their minds to provide the, no doubt, mounds of evidence that hey had gathered.

In my judgement, only God himself can prove his existence and he has utterly failed to do so. Either he indeed doesn't exist or he feels that the time has come for man to stand on his own feet without the need to belief in or worship him.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 11:32:43 AM
At 9/19/2016 11:13:30 AM, Silly_Billy wrote:
That was unexpected.

In my judgement, only God himself can prove his existence and he has utterly failed to do so. Either he indeed doesn't exist or he feels that the time has come for man to stand on his own feet without the need to belief in or worship him.
Which one would that be Billy?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Silly_Billy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 11:38:35 AM
At 9/19/2016 11:32:43 AM, bulproof wrote:
That was unexpected.

That would be the Flying Spaghetti Monster of coarse, the only deity that I know of that hasn't proclaimed that we should go out and kill in his name.
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 12:41:17 PM
At 9/19/2016 11:38:35 AM, Silly_Billy wrote:
At 9/19/2016 11:32:43 AM, bulproof wrote:
That was unexpected.

That would be the Flying Spaghetti Monster of coarse, the only deity that I know of that hasn't proclaimed that we should go out and kill in his name.

When the stars are in the right pattern and the planes enter in resonance, tomato sauce will come out of volcanos and He will reveal himself.

Repent.