Jump to topic:

God vs Satan

illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2016 10:24:25 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
Lets compare the prayer results of God vs Satan.

I mean if christians are allowed to credit everything good that happens as answered pray from God, cause they prayed to God, and after got a good result, then like wise we can credit answered prayer from Satan cause we prayed to satan, and after got a good result.

Right ?
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2016 11:39:08 AM
At 9/23/2016 10:24:25 AM, illegalcombat wrote:

I mean if christians are allowed to credit everything good that happens as answered pray from God, cause they prayed to God, and after got a good result, then like wise we can credit answered prayer from Satan cause we prayed to satan, and after got a good result.

Right ?
Yes that is accurate. I will be back later today to explain my answer.
Silly_Billy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2016 11:46:48 AM

Right ?

Wouldn't it more accurate to state that Satan is therefore God and vice versa? Personally I rather see him as the FLying Spaghetti Monster. It is far less controversial and has the added bonus of tasting very good as well.
David_Debates
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2016 2:20:54 PM

Right ?

Well, you must be careful. Praying to Satan can get you what you want...
For a price.

Are you willing to pay that price?
illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2016 1:29:23 AM
At 9/23/2016 2:20:54 PM, David_Debates wrote:

Right ?

For a price.

Actually, there is no evidence (other than confirmation bias) that shows praying to God, Satan, Zeus, Santa clause, that piece of mold in my cupboard, is any more effective than any other.

Thats if you actually care about reality/evidence and stuff like that. Religion doesn't exactly go out of it's way to teach and enforce that kind of thinking.
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2016 3:28:14 AM
At 9/24/2016 1:29:23 AM, illegalcombat wrote:

Right ?

For a price.

Actually, there is no evidence (other than confirmation bias) that shows praying to God, Satan, Zeus, Santa clause, that piece of mold in my cupboard, is any more effective than any other.

Thats if you actually care about reality/evidence and stuff like that. Religion doesn't exactly go out of it's way to teach and enforce that kind of thinking.

And what this proves is that an individual's faith is what produces a desired outcome of prayer. Christianity, more than any other religion teaches believers to have faith in an interventionist God, and devalue any strengths that they have within themselves, even though this isn't what Christ actually taught while he was a man who walked this earth. Satanism teaches to worship the self - specifically the "animal" within the self, without regard to the way that it could effect others.

Essentially we are all practitioners of our individual faith. What differentiates whether we will be damned or redeemed is the archetype we chose to place or faith in.

If we believe in Christ, the person who taught very perplexing lessons on the nature of ourselves in relations to others and the universe, our prayers should be true to oneself, mixed with compassion for others. It is an equation of equality in regards to the importance of ourselves in relation to another. When a prayer of this nature is granted it is due to unwavering belief in the outcome, as well as complete trust in the Spirit that granted existence to a person such as Jesus. We are redeemed when we place faith in this existence, because we live in accordance with loving principles to guide our actions. It doesn't mean we should be pushovers, and never conciser the self, but is a relation of self to others. Love of self is necessary, despite many Christians proclaiming to be selfless.

If someone's truly a satanist, they acknowledge no god or devil, but place themself as the god which the universe revolves around. No action is ever considered to be altruistic, since all actions are done for the desirable outcomes for only the self, even if it also benefits others. By denying the existence of any greater being than themself, they damn themself over the long haul, because even if a satanist has a genuine desire to do good toward another (not for self gain) his own philosophy will cause him to waver in reaping the self satisfaction that doing so imparts on the soul. He is trapped in self defeat, because eventually selfishness wears on the soul, and one can't receive the good that one expects thru prayers, because faith only in oneself falters if one has any doubts in the worthiness of their self importance over the importance of others.

I may have strayed off topic, but satanists don't pray to satan, but they model themselves as the archtype of satan and eventually their faith (answered prayers) is set for failure, since they are convinced that any good thought, intention, or action is only a manipulation to gratify their own carnal desires. So in this regard satan can be credited with answering prayers as long as those prayers are motivated by self interest.

My thoughts are going in circles, I'll try to explain it better if I get a response.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2016 7:18:20 AM
At 9/24/2016 3:28:14 AM, Emmarie wrote:

Right ?

For a price.

And what this proves is that an individual's faith is what produces a desired outcome of prayer. Christianity, more than any other religion teaches believers to have faith in an interventionist God, and devalue any strengths that they have within themselves, even though this isn't what Christ actually taught while he was a man who walked this earth. Satanism teaches to worship the self - specifically the "animal" within the self, without regard to the way that it could effect others.

Essentially we are all practitioners of our individual faith. What differentiates whether we will be damned or redeemed is the archetype we chose to place or faith in.

If we believe in Christ, the person who taught very perplexing lessons on the nature of ourselves in relations to others and the universe, our prayers should be true to oneself, mixed with compassion for others. It is an equation of equality in regards to the importance of ourselves in relation to another. When a prayer of this nature is granted it is due to unwavering belief in the outcome, as well as complete trust in the Spirit that granted existence to a person such as Jesus. We are redeemed when we place faith in this existence, because we live in accordance with loving principles to guide our actions. It doesn't mean we should be pushovers, and never conciser the self, but is a relation of self to others. Love of self is necessary, despite many Christians proclaiming to be selfless.

If someone's truly a satanist, they acknowledge no god or devil, but place themself as the god which the universe revolves around. No action is ever considered to be altruistic, since all actions are done for the desirable outcomes for only the self, even if it also benefits others. By denying the existence of any greater being than themself, they damn themself over the long haul, because even if a satanist has a genuine desire to do good toward another (not for self gain) his own philosophy will cause him to waver in reaping the self satisfaction that doing so imparts on the soul. He is trapped in self defeat, because eventually selfishness wears on the soul, and one can't receive the good that one expects thru prayers, because faith only in oneself falters if one has any doubts in the worthiness of their self importance over the importance of others.

I may have strayed off topic, but satanists don't pray to satan, but they model themselves as the archtype of satan and eventually their faith (answered prayers) is set for failure, since they are convinced that any good thought, intention, or action is only a manipulation to gratify their own carnal desires. So in this regard satan can be credited with answering prayers as long as those prayers are motivated by self interest.

My thoughts are going in circles, I'll try to explain it better if I get a response.
The biblical jebus is a Historical MYTH!

Perhaps you will cease going around in circles when you appreciate this?
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2016 7:25:23 AM
At 9/24/2016 7:18:20 AM, Composer wrote:

Right ?

For a price.

The biblical jebus is a Historical MYTH!

Perhaps you will cease going around in circles when you appreciate this?
So are you giving more credence to satan's existence?
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2016 8:03:03 AM
At 9/24/2016 7:25:23 AM, Emmarie wrote:
So are you giving more credence to satan's existence?
It is obvious you have no idea what this Hebrew Term actually means = refers to!

Perhaps you could provide proofs for what you believe this refers to?

&

Try using e.g. the Young's Literal Translation and see if you can find this term in its narrative?
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 12:43:34 AM

Right ?

For a price.

Thank You
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 6:33:00 AM

Right ?

For a price.

The book you reference is a collection of folk tales, myth and superstition.
Believe it if it pacifies your fears.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 8:50:21 PM
At 9/25/2016 6:33:00 AM, bulproof wrote:

Right ?

For a price.

The book you reference is a collection of folk tales, myth and superstition.
Believe it if it pacifies your fears.

You obviously don't know anything about my beliefs, nor did you read my post here that you commented on. Where did I mention the bible in this post?
David_Debates
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 3:44:30 PM

Right ?

For a price.

It seems to me that there is evidence that prayer has a certain healing power other than the placebo effect. "Research at San Francisco General Hospital looked at the effect of prayer on 393 cardiac patients. Half were prayed for by strangers who had only the patients" names. Those patients had fewer complications, fewer cases of pneumonia, and needed less drug treatment."
http://www.newsmax.com...

If what you are attempting to do is draw a distinction between theology and science, than I completely agree with you. They are not the same.
But the reason for this is because God does not reside in the physical world. He instead resides in the non-physical. And, as we know, science can only come to conclusions based on physical data. Of course, that physical data can show a creator, but it is then up to theology to pick up and show who that creator is.
IM-True
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 3:49:56 PM

Right ? : :

Christians are usually praying from Satan's point of view so that's why most of their prayers go unanswered. Satan has them just where God's will wants them to be.
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 3:49:59 PM

Right ?

Satan is not a ruler of any sort or kind. It is burning in hell. Just a demon. High ranking but still a demon being tortured in hell.
Forum Record: 6/0

Funny Quotes:

"i worship satan and allahu akbar and hispanic muslims i am an illigal immigrant"
-communist_snake-

"What fuking dates are you talking about child. the and ridiculous and stay out of mummies drugs, you're fuked."
-I'll keep this anonymous...-

"fuk off bog, no one even reads your crap, what price is you hooker now?"
-same dude as above....-
IM-True
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 3:55:37 PM
At 9/26/2016 3:49:59 PM, Perussi wrote:

Right ?

Satan is not a ruler of any sort or kind. It is burning in hell. Just a demon. High ranking but still a demon being tortured in hell. : :

Satan is the ruler of all human beings but the spirit of God is the ruler of created man.