Total Posts:38|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Bring Christianity into disrepute

tarantula
Posts: 866
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2016 12:39:17 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
I have no problem at all with moderate live and let live Christians who don't try to force their faith down the throats of other people. It is many of the ones who believe in the unpleasant 'born again' dogma who do my head in. I was brought up to believe if one didn't get 'saved' you would burn in hell, which is very abusive especially as there is not the slightest evidence to support such an unpleasant stance, the Bible certainly isn't evidence. Many of these people think once they are 'saved' they are always 'saved', whatever they do thereafter! That would explain why some of their lives don't bear scrutiny. The Pastor of our Pentecostal church touched me inappropriately when I was 14! A number of the congregation who were oh so holy on Sundays cheated on their partners, and their business dealings were less than honest!

On forums I have met a good number of the 'born again' mob over the years and quite a few behave in a disgusting fashion. On one forum on which I posted, several of the 'saved' members, and one in particular, dragged the faith through the mire with their bad behaviour, I am sure Jesus would be most proud of them if he was alive, NOT!!!!
rnjs
Posts: 381
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2016 1:05:46 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/24/2016 12:39:17 PM, tarantula wrote:
I have no problem at all with moderate live and let live Christians who don't try to force their faith down the throats of other people. It is many of the ones who believe in the unpleasant 'born again' dogma who do my head in. I was brought up to believe if one didn't get 'saved' you would burn in hell, which is very abusive especially as there is not the slightest evidence to support such an unpleasant stance, the Bible certainly isn't evidence. Many of these people think once they are 'saved' they are always 'saved', whatever they do thereafter! That would explain why some of their lives don't bear scrutiny. The Pastor of our Pentecostal church touched me inappropriately when I was 14! A number of the congregation who were oh so holy on Sundays cheated on their partners, and their business dealings were less than honest!

On forums I have met a good number of the 'born again' mob over the years and quite a few behave in a disgusting fashion. On one forum on which I posted, several of the 'saved' members, and one in particular, dragged the faith through the mire with their bad behaviour, I am sure Jesus would be most proud of them if he was alive, NOT!!!!

There are Christians who are enthusiastic with their evangelising, but the same can be said for many atheists and evolutionists, but that is the wrong approach and is anti Biblical but that is a human failing not Christianity's. Nothing can be shoved down anyone's throat, unless they allow it to be, hence, no threat. Christians who willfully sin are inconsistent with what they profess to believe. Christians very often do not make great effort to be Christlike, which brings into question whether or not they are truly saved, and this includes the clergy. What one does after they are saved should be very different than before one is saved if one truly repents.
Willows
Posts: 2,084
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2016 1:22:50 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/24/2016 1:05:46 PM, rnjs wrote:
At 9/24/2016 12:39:17 PM, tarantula wrote:
I have no problem at all with moderate live and let live Christians who don't try to force their faith down the throats of other people. It is many of the ones who believe in the unpleasant 'born again' dogma who do my head in. I was brought up to believe if one didn't get 'saved' you would burn in hell, which is very abusive especially as there is not the slightest evidence to support such an unpleasant stance, the Bible certainly isn't evidence. Many of these people think once they are 'saved' they are always 'saved', whatever they do thereafter! That would explain why some of their lives don't bear scrutiny. The Pastor of our Pentecostal church touched me inappropriately when I was 14! A number of the congregation who were oh so holy on Sundays cheated on their partners, and their business dealings were less than honest!

On forums I have met a good number of the 'born again' mob over the years and quite a few behave in a disgusting fashion. On one forum on which I posted, several of the 'saved' members, and one in particular, dragged the faith through the mire with their bad behaviour, I am sure Jesus would be most proud of them if he was alive, NOT!!!!

There are Christians who are enthusiastic with their evangelising, but the same can be said for many atheists and evolutionists, but that is the wrong approach and is anti Biblical but that is a human failing not Christianity's. Nothing can be shoved down anyone's throat, unless they allow it to be, hence, no threat. Christians who willfully sin are inconsistent with what they profess to believe. Christians very often do not make great effort to be Christlike, which brings into question whether or not they are truly saved, and this includes the clergy. What one does after they are saved should be very different than before one is saved if one truly repents.

Atheists do do go around preaching atheism.
Christian organisations deliberately push their ill-gotten guilt and fear down the throats of the vulnerable and children who are not old enough to discriminate between proper authority and obscene lies.
To even suggest that this is no threat is about as disgusting, ignorant and arrogant as it gets. Like the writer of the OP I too was a victim at a very young age.
tarantula
Posts: 866
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2016 1:40:01 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/24/2016 1:05:46 PM, rnjs wrote:
At 9/24/2016 12:39:17 PM, tarantula wrote:
I have no problem at all with moderate live and let live Christians who don't try to force their faith down the throats of other people. It is many of the ones who believe in the unpleasant 'born again' dogma who do my head in. I was brought up to believe if one didn't get 'saved' you would burn in hell, which is very abusive especially as there is not the slightest evidence to support such an unpleasant stance, the Bible certainly isn't evidence. Many of these people think once they are 'saved' they are always 'saved', whatever they do thereafter! That would explain why some of their lives don't bear scrutiny. The Pastor of our Pentecostal church touched me inappropriately when I was 14! A number of the congregation who were oh so holy on Sundays cheated on their partners, and their business dealings were less than honest!

On forums I have met a good number of the 'born again' mob over the years and quite a few behave in a disgusting fashion. On one forum on which I posted, several of the 'saved' members, and one in particular, dragged the faith through the mire with their bad behaviour, I am sure Jesus would be most proud of them if he was alive, NOT!!!!

There are Christians who are enthusiastic with their evangelising, but the same can be said for many atheists and evolutionists, but that is the wrong approach and is anti Biblical but that is a human failing not Christianity's. Nothing can be shoved down anyone's throat, unless they allow it to be, hence, no threat. Christians who willfully sin are inconsistent with what they profess to believe. Christians very often do not make great effort to be Christlike, which brings into question whether or not they are truly saved, and this includes the clergy. What one does after they are saved should be very different than before one is saved if one truly repents.

Enthusiastic about an evil god who would burn people in hell for unbelief, that is SICK!
RoderickSpode
Posts: 2,384
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2016 5:32:32 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/24/2016 12:39:17 PM, tarantula wrote:
I have no problem at all with moderate live and let live Christians who don't try to force their faith down the throats of other people. It is many of the ones who believe in the unpleasant 'born again' dogma who do my head in. I was brought up to believe if one didn't get 'saved' you would burn in hell, which is very abusive especially as there is not the slightest evidence to support such an unpleasant stance, the Bible certainly isn't evidence. Many of these people think once they are 'saved' they are always 'saved', whatever they do thereafter! That would explain why some of their lives don't bear scrutiny. The Pastor of our Pentecostal church touched me inappropriately when I was 14! A number of the congregation who were oh so holy on Sundays cheated on their partners, and their business dealings were less than honest!

On forums I have met a good number of the 'born again' mob over the years and quite a few behave in a disgusting fashion. On one forum on which I posted, several of the 'saved' members, and one in particular, dragged the faith through the mire with their bad behaviour, I am sure Jesus would be most proud of them if he was alive, NOT!!!!
I see a problem here with your first (and last) post.

For one, you say you have no problem at all with moderate live and let live Christians who don't try to force their faith down the throats of other people. So this begs the question, do want to bring Christianity into disrepute, or your former pentecostal church?

I've lived in the San Francisco Bay Area for all of my life. Growing up, I've encountered numerous times where homosexuals attempted to proposition me, and even on a few occasions, place their hands on me in an obvious suggestive manner (including in a job interview). And I can tell you honestly, I have no ill feelings for the gay community whatsoever because of these instances. I don't associate any of those gay men I encountered with the gay community. In fact, I fully acknowledge that some of the nicest people I've met here in the Bay Area are gay. And yes, I am a Christian by the way. The men who I think acted inappropriately had their personal issues that as far as I'm concerned have nothing to do with the gay community as a whole. And I think you'd be dishonest if you claimed that you haven't met very nice, non-condemning Christians.

If you live in the States, more than likely most Christians you encounter on a daily basis (the bank teller, grocery store clerk, etc.) don't even tell you they are Christian let alone push it on you. But here's the problem. Something you may not have considered. Sometimes people pursue Christians without the Christian saying anything other than at some point letting it be know they are a Christian. Some people think if Christians stay silent, there would be no conversions (and maybe Christianity would die out). Not so. There are people that come to Christians seeking answers without the Christian making any initial attempt to witness to them. Just because you, or a number of non-Christians have an issue with Christians (and/or Christianity) doesn't mean everyone else does.

In fact, here's a youtube video that gives an idea of what I'm talking about.

https://www.youtube.com...

Of course Joel Osteen came under a lot of flack for this. I'm not pro or con Osteen. The reason I'm linking this is because here is a picture perfect example of a Christian not wanting a confrontation. Larry King is basically pushing him for the sake of a sound byte. Yes, this is high profile media, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen in the average market place.

But of course you've also implied that the Bible (Gospel message) is sick (your last post before I started this post) because it refers to eternal punishment. Under that premises, why would you even tolerate what you call moderate, or non-pushy Christians?

What do you think should be done about Christianity since you think it's harmful?
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,641
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2016 5:54:43 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/24/2016 5:32:32 PM, RoderickSpode wrote:

I've lived in the San Francisco Bay Area for all of my life. Growing up, I've encountered numerous times where homosexuals attempted to proposition me, and even on a few occasions, place their hands on me in an obvious suggestive manner (including in a job interview). And I can tell you honestly, I have no ill feelings for the gay community whatsoever because of these instances. I don't associate any of those gay men I encountered with the gay community. In fact, I fully acknowledge that some of the nicest people I've met here in the Bay Area are gay. And yes, I am a Christian by the way. The men who I think acted inappropriately had their personal issues that as far as I'm concerned have nothing to do with the gay community as a whole. And I think you'd be dishonest if you claimed that you haven't met very nice, non-condemning Christians.

I would agree with you there, Rod, in that those who propositioned you had nothing to do with the gay community. In fact, there are therapy sessions many people attend because they have a problem with sex, they want it often and will act inappropriately to try and get it. This of course, is a gender neutral problem, that it affects both men and women.

If you live in the States, more than likely most Christians you encounter on a daily basis (the bank teller, grocery store clerk, etc.) don't even tell you they are Christian let alone push it on you. But here's the problem. Something you may not have considered. Sometimes people pursue Christians without the Christian saying anything other than at some point letting it be know they are a Christian. Some people think if Christians stay silent, there would be no conversions (and maybe Christianity would die out). Not so. There are people that come to Christians seeking answers without the Christian making any initial attempt to witness to them. Just because you, or a number of non-Christians have an issue with Christians (and/or Christianity) doesn't mean everyone else does

I've met many non-condemning Christians, for the most part, they are fairly straight up people who never talk about their faith at all, one would be hard pressed to distinguish their lifestyles from anyone else. They just feel their faith is no one's business but their own, that it is a personal and private affair. Nice people. They are the kind of people who support free speech and never abuse it.

What do you think should be done about Christianity since you think it's harmful?

Christianity, like any other personal and private affair, should be kept behind closed doors where it belongs and not out in public where it harms other people. Simple.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
annanicole
Posts: 19,791
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 9:08:34 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/24/2016 5:54:43 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 9/24/2016 5:32:32 PM, RoderickSpode wrote:

I've lived in the San Francisco Bay Area for all of my life. Growing up, I've encountered numerous times where homosexuals attempted to proposition me, and even on a few occasions, place their hands on me in an obvious suggestive manner (including in a job interview). And I can tell you honestly, I have no ill feelings for the gay community whatsoever because of these instances. I don't associate any of those gay men I encountered with the gay community. In fact, I fully acknowledge that some of the nicest people I've met here in the Bay Area are gay. And yes, I am a Christian by the way. The men who I think acted inappropriately had their personal issues that as far as I'm concerned have nothing to do with the gay community as a whole. And I think you'd be dishonest if you claimed that you haven't met very nice, non-condemning Christians.

I would agree with you there, Rod, in that those who propositioned you had nothing to do with the gay community. In fact, there are therapy sessions many people attend because they have a problem with sex, they want it often and will act inappropriately to try and get it. This of course, is a gender neutral problem, that it affects both men and women.

If you live in the States, more than likely most Christians you encounter on a daily basis (the bank teller, grocery store clerk, etc.) don't even tell you they are Christian let alone push it on you. But here's the problem. Something you may not have considered. Sometimes people pursue Christians without the Christian saying anything other than at some point letting it be know they are a Christian. Some people think if Christians stay silent, there would be no conversions (and maybe Christianity would die out). Not so. There are people that come to Christians seeking answers without the Christian making any initial attempt to witness to them. Just because you, or a number of non-Christians have an issue with Christians (and/or Christianity) doesn't mean everyone else does

I've met many non-condemning Christians, for the most part, they are fairly straight up people who never talk about their faith at all, one would be hard pressed to distinguish their lifestyles from anyone else. They just feel their faith is no one's business but their own, that it is a personal and private affair. Nice people. They are the kind of people who support free speech and never abuse it.

What do you think should be done about Christianity since you think it's harmful?

Christianity, like any other personal and private affair, should be kept behind closed doors where it belongs and not out in public where it harms other people. Simple.

Like homosexuality?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
graceofgod
Posts: 5,101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 9:52:35 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/24/2016 12:39:17 PM, tarantula wrote:
I have no problem at all with moderate live and let live Christians who don't try to force their faith down the throats of other people. It is many of the ones who believe in the unpleasant 'born again' dogma who do my head in. I was brought up to believe if one didn't get 'saved' you would burn in hell, which is very abusive especially as there is not the slightest evidence to support such an unpleasant stance, the Bible certainly isn't evidence. Many of these people think once they are 'saved' they are always 'saved', whatever they do thereafter! That would explain why some of their lives don't bear scrutiny. The Pastor of our Pentecostal church touched me inappropriately when I was 14! A number of the congregation who were oh so holy on Sundays cheated on their partners, and their business dealings were less than honest!

On forums I have met a good number of the 'born again' mob over the years and quite a few behave in a disgusting fashion. On one forum on which I posted, several of the 'saved' members, and one in particular, dragged the faith through the mire with their bad behaviour, I am sure Jesus would be most proud of them if he was alive, NOT!!!!

lol so why spend your time on a religion forum you idiot...
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 9:54:32 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/25/2016 9:52:35 AM, graceofgod wrote:
At 9/24/2016 12:39:17 PM, tarantula wrote:
I have no problem at all with moderate live and let live Christians who don't try to force their faith down the throats of other people. It is many of the ones who believe in the unpleasant 'born again' dogma who do my head in. I was brought up to believe if one didn't get 'saved' you would burn in hell, which is very abusive especially as there is not the slightest evidence to support such an unpleasant stance, the Bible certainly isn't evidence. Many of these people think once they are 'saved' they are always 'saved', whatever they do thereafter! That would explain why some of their lives don't bear scrutiny. The Pastor of our Pentecostal church touched me inappropriately when I was 14! A number of the congregation who were oh so holy on Sundays cheated on their partners, and their business dealings were less than honest!

On forums I have met a good number of the 'born again' mob over the years and quite a few behave in a disgusting fashion. On one forum on which I posted, several of the 'saved' members, and one in particular, dragged the faith through the mire with their bad behaviour, I am sure Jesus would be most proud of them if he was alive, NOT!!!!

lol so why spend your time on a religion forum you idiot...

Spoken like a true christian.
graceofgod
Posts: 5,101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 9:58:15 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/25/2016 9:54:32 AM, desmac wrote:
At 9/25/2016 9:52:35 AM, graceofgod wrote:
At 9/24/2016 12:39:17 PM, tarantula wrote:
I have no problem at all with moderate live and let live Christians who don't try to force their faith down the throats of other people. It is many of the ones who believe in the unpleasant 'born again' dogma who do my head in. I was brought up to believe if one didn't get 'saved' you would burn in hell, which is very abusive especially as there is not the slightest evidence to support such an unpleasant stance, the Bible certainly isn't evidence. Many of these people think once they are 'saved' they are always 'saved', whatever they do thereafter! That would explain why some of their lives don't bear scrutiny. The Pastor of our Pentecostal church touched me inappropriately when I was 14! A number of the congregation who were oh so holy on Sundays cheated on their partners, and their business dealings were less than honest!

On forums I have met a good number of the 'born again' mob over the years and quite a few behave in a disgusting fashion. On one forum on which I posted, several of the 'saved' members, and one in particular, dragged the faith through the mire with their bad behaviour, I am sure Jesus would be most proud of them if he was alive, NOT!!!!

lol so why spend your time on a religion forum you idiot...

Spoken like a true christian.

yep, answered with truth and understanding...

how can anyone make a thread about Christians forcing their views when they spend all day in a religion forum... the person is an idiot...
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 10:01:15 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/25/2016 9:58:15 AM, graceofgod wrote:
At 9/25/2016 9:54:32 AM, desmac wrote:
At 9/25/2016 9:52:35 AM, graceofgod wrote:
At 9/24/2016 12:39:17 PM, tarantula wrote:
I have no problem at all with moderate live and let live Christians who don't try to force their faith down the throats of other people. It is many of the ones who believe in the unpleasant 'born again' dogma who do my head in. I was brought up to believe if one didn't get 'saved' you would burn in hell, which is very abusive especially as there is not the slightest evidence to support such an unpleasant stance, the Bible certainly isn't evidence. Many of these people think once they are 'saved' they are always 'saved', whatever they do thereafter! That would explain why some of their lives don't bear scrutiny. The Pastor of our Pentecostal church touched me inappropriately when I was 14! A number of the congregation who were oh so holy on Sundays cheated on their partners, and their business dealings were less than honest!

On forums I have met a good number of the 'born again' mob over the years and quite a few behave in a disgusting fashion. On one forum on which I posted, several of the 'saved' members, and one in particular, dragged the faith through the mire with their bad behaviour, I am sure Jesus would be most proud of them if he was alive, NOT!!!!

lol so why spend your time on a religion forum you idiot...

Spoken like a true christian.

yep, answered with truth and understanding...

how can anyone make a thread about Christians forcing their views when they spend all day in a religion forum... the person is an idiot...

Again, one can just feel the love of one's neighbor oozing from the christians.
graceofgod
Posts: 5,101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 10:02:57 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/25/2016 10:01:15 AM, desmac wrote:
At 9/25/2016 9:58:15 AM, graceofgod wrote:
At 9/25/2016 9:54:32 AM, desmac wrote:
At 9/25/2016 9:52:35 AM, graceofgod wrote:
At 9/24/2016 12:39:17 PM, tarantula wrote:
I have no problem at all with moderate live and let live Christians who don't try to force their faith down the throats of other people. It is many of the ones who believe in the unpleasant 'born again' dogma who do my head in. I was brought up to believe if one didn't get 'saved' you would burn in hell, which is very abusive especially as there is not the slightest evidence to support such an unpleasant stance, the Bible certainly isn't evidence. Many of these people think once they are 'saved' they are always 'saved', whatever they do thereafter! That would explain why some of their lives don't bear scrutiny. The Pastor of our Pentecostal church touched me inappropriately when I was 14! A number of the congregation who were oh so holy on Sundays cheated on their partners, and their business dealings were less than honest!

On forums I have met a good number of the 'born again' mob over the years and quite a few behave in a disgusting fashion. On one forum on which I posted, several of the 'saved' members, and one in particular, dragged the faith through the mire with their bad behaviour, I am sure Jesus would be most proud of them if he was alive, NOT!!!!

lol so why spend your time on a religion forum you idiot...

Spoken like a true christian.

yep, answered with truth and understanding...

how can anyone make a thread about Christians forcing their views when they spend all day in a religion forum... the person is an idiot...

Again, one can just feel the love of one's neighbor oozing from the christians.

do you really think a Christian has to accept what everyone says about their beliefs, are you really that stupid...??
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 10:07:09 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/25/2016 10:02:57 AM, graceofgod wrote:
At 9/25/2016 10:01:15 AM, desmac wrote:
At 9/25/2016 9:58:15 AM, graceofgod wrote:
At 9/25/2016 9:54:32 AM, desmac wrote:
At 9/25/2016 9:52:35 AM, graceofgod wrote:
At 9/24/2016 12:39:17 PM, tarantula wrote:
I have no problem at all with moderate live and let live Christians who don't try to force their faith down the throats of other people. It is many of the ones who believe in the unpleasant 'born again' dogma who do my head in. I was brought up to believe if one didn't get 'saved' you would burn in hell, which is very abusive especially as there is not the slightest evidence to support such an unpleasant stance, the Bible certainly isn't evidence. Many of these people think once they are 'saved' they are always 'saved', whatever they do thereafter! That would explain why some of their lives don't bear scrutiny. The Pastor of our Pentecostal church touched me inappropriately when I was 14! A number of the congregation who were oh so holy on Sundays cheated on their partners, and their business dealings were less than honest!

On forums I have met a good number of the 'born again' mob over the years and quite a few behave in a disgusting fashion. On one forum on which I posted, several of the 'saved' members, and one in particular, dragged the faith through the mire with their bad behaviour, I am sure Jesus would be most proud of them if he was alive, NOT!!!!

lol so why spend your time on a religion forum you idiot...

Spoken like a true christian.

yep, answered with truth and understanding...

how can anyone make a thread about Christians forcing their views when they spend all day in a religion forum... the person is an idiot...

Again, one can just feel the love of one's neighbor oozing from the christians.

do you really think a Christian has to accept what everyone says about their beliefs, are you really that stupid...??

If they believe in talking snakes, global genocide and eternal damnation (inter alia) why should they not believe in free speech?
graceofgod
Posts: 5,101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 10:09:44 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/25/2016 10:07:09 AM, desmac wrote:
At 9/25/2016 10:02:57 AM, graceofgod wrote:
At 9/25/2016 10:01:15 AM, desmac wrote:
At 9/25/2016 9:58:15 AM, graceofgod wrote:
At 9/25/2016 9:54:32 AM, desmac wrote:
At 9/25/2016 9:52:35 AM, graceofgod wrote:
At 9/24/2016 12:39:17 PM, tarantula wrote:
I have no problem at all with moderate live and let live Christians who don't try to force their faith down the throats of other people. It is many of the ones who believe in the unpleasant 'born again' dogma who do my head in. I was brought up to believe if one didn't get 'saved' you would burn in hell, which is very abusive especially as there is not the slightest evidence to support such an unpleasant stance, the Bible certainly isn't evidence. Many of these people think once they are 'saved' they are always 'saved', whatever they do thereafter! That would explain why some of their lives don't bear scrutiny. The Pastor of our Pentecostal church touched me inappropriately when I was 14! A number of the congregation who were oh so holy on Sundays cheated on their partners, and their business dealings were less than honest!

On forums I have met a good number of the 'born again' mob over the years and quite a few behave in a disgusting fashion. On one forum on which I posted, several of the 'saved' members, and one in particular, dragged the faith through the mire with their bad behaviour, I am sure Jesus would be most proud of them if he was alive, NOT!!!!

lol so why spend your time on a religion forum you idiot...

Spoken like a true christian.

yep, answered with truth and understanding...

how can anyone make a thread about Christians forcing their views when they spend all day in a religion forum... the person is an idiot...

Again, one can just feel the love of one's neighbor oozing from the christians.

do you really think a Christian has to accept what everyone says about their beliefs, are you really that stupid...??

If they believe in talking snakes, global genocide and eternal damnation (inter alia) why should they not believe in free speech?

they do believe in freedom of speech do you...??

I think all gays are perverts and should be jailed??? would you accept that statement or defend the gays??
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 10:11:58 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/25/2016 10:09:44 AM, graceofgod wrote:
At 9/25/2016 10:07:09 AM, desmac wrote:
At 9/25/2016 10:02:57 AM, graceofgod wrote:
At 9/25/2016 10:01:15 AM, desmac wrote:
At 9/25/2016 9:58:15 AM, graceofgod wrote:
At 9/25/2016 9:54:32 AM, desmac wrote:
At 9/25/2016 9:52:35 AM, graceofgod wrote:
At 9/24/2016 12:39:17 PM, tarantula wrote:
I have no problem at all with moderate live and let live Christians who don't try to force their faith down the throats of other people. It is many of the ones who believe in the unpleasant 'born again' dogma who do my head in. I was brought up to believe if one didn't get 'saved' you would burn in hell, which is very abusive especially as there is not the slightest evidence to support such an unpleasant stance, the Bible certainly isn't evidence. Many of these people think once they are 'saved' they are always 'saved', whatever they do thereafter! That would explain why some of their lives don't bear scrutiny. The Pastor of our Pentecostal church touched me inappropriately when I was 14! A number of the congregation who were oh so holy on Sundays cheated on their partners, and their business dealings were less than honest!

On forums I have met a good number of the 'born again' mob over the years and quite a few behave in a disgusting fashion. On one forum on which I posted, several of the 'saved' members, and one in particular, dragged the faith through the mire with their bad behaviour, I am sure Jesus would be most proud of them if he was alive, NOT!!!!

lol so why spend your time on a religion forum you idiot...

Spoken like a true christian.

yep, answered with truth and understanding...

how can anyone make a thread about Christians forcing their views when they spend all day in a religion forum... the person is an idiot...

Again, one can just feel the love of one's neighbor oozing from the christians.

do you really think a Christian has to accept what everyone says about their beliefs, are you really that stupid...??

If they believe in talking snakes, global genocide and eternal damnation (inter alia) why should they not believe in free speech?

they do believe in freedom of speech do you...??

I think all gays are perverts and should be jailed??? would you accept that statement or defend the gays??

I certainly defend your right to express your bigoted views.
tarantula
Posts: 866
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 10:18:00 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/25/2016 9:52:35 AM, graceofgod wrote:
At 9/24/2016 12:39:17 PM, tarantula wrote:
I have no problem at all with moderate live and let live Christians who don't try to force their faith down the throats of other people. It is many of the ones who believe in the unpleasant 'born again' dogma who do my head in. I was brought up to believe if one didn't get 'saved' you would burn in hell, which is very abusive especially as there is not the slightest evidence to support such an unpleasant stance, the Bible certainly isn't evidence. Many of these people think once they are 'saved' they are always 'saved', whatever they do thereafter! That would explain why some of their lives don't bear scrutiny. The Pastor of our Pentecostal church touched me inappropriately when I was 14! A number of the congregation who were oh so holy on Sundays cheated on their partners, and their business dealings were less than honest!

On forums I have met a good number of the 'born again' mob over the years and quite a few behave in a disgusting fashion. On one forum on which I posted, several of the 'saved' members, and one in particular, dragged the faith through the mire with their bad behaviour, I am sure Jesus would be most proud of them if he was alive, NOT!!!!

lol so why spend your time on a religion forum you idiot...

I don't spend much time on this forum actually. You appear to spend one heck of a long time on it though, don't you have anything better to do than post your garbage?
graceofgod
Posts: 5,101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 10:27:25 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/25/2016 10:18:00 AM, tarantula wrote:
At 9/25/2016 9:52:35 AM, graceofgod wrote:
At 9/24/2016 12:39:17 PM, tarantula wrote:
I have no problem at all with moderate live and let live Christians who don't try to force their faith down the throats of other people. It is many of the ones who believe in the unpleasant 'born again' dogma who do my head in. I was brought up to believe if one didn't get 'saved' you would burn in hell, which is very abusive especially as there is not the slightest evidence to support such an unpleasant stance, the Bible certainly isn't evidence. Many of these people think once they are 'saved' they are always 'saved', whatever they do thereafter! That would explain why some of their lives don't bear scrutiny. The Pastor of our Pentecostal church touched me inappropriately when I was 14! A number of the congregation who were oh so holy on Sundays cheated on their partners, and their business dealings were less than honest!

On forums I have met a good number of the 'born again' mob over the years and quite a few behave in a disgusting fashion. On one forum on which I posted, several of the 'saved' members, and one in particular, dragged the faith through the mire with their bad behaviour, I am sure Jesus would be most proud of them if he was alive, NOT!!!!

lol so why spend your time on a religion forum you idiot...

I don't spend much time on this forum actually. You appear to spend one heck of a long time on it though, don't you have anything better to do than post your garbage?

I come on here because I have my faith and like to debate it...

what is your reason again, oh yeah you come on here because you don't like religion forced down your throat..lol

now that is garbage and stupid...
rnjs
Posts: 381
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 12:37:08 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/24/2016 1:22:50 PM, Willows wrote:
At 9/24/2016 1:05:46 PM, rnjs wrote:
At 9/24/2016 12:39:17 PM, tarantula wrote:
I have no problem at all with moderate live and let live Christians who don't try to force their faith down the throats of other people. It is many of the ones who believe in the unpleasant 'born again' dogma who do my head in. I was brought up to believe if one didn't get 'saved' you would burn in hell, which is very abusive especially as there is not the slightest evidence to support such an unpleasant stance, the Bible certainly isn't evidence. Many of these people think once they are 'saved' they are always 'saved', whatever they do thereafter! That would explain why some of their lives don't bear scrutiny. The Pastor of our Pentecostal church touched me inappropriately when I was 14! A number of the congregation who were oh so holy on Sundays cheated on their partners, and their business dealings were less than honest!

On forums I have met a good number of the 'born again' mob over the years and quite a few behave in a disgusting fashion. On one forum on which I posted, several of the 'saved' members, and one in particular, dragged the faith through the mire with their bad behaviour, I am sure Jesus would be most proud of them if he was alive, NOT!!!!

There are Christians who are enthusiastic with their evangelising, but the same can be said for many atheists and evolutionists, but that is the wrong approach and is anti Biblical but that is a human failing not Christianity's. Nothing can be shoved down anyone's throat, unless they allow it to be, hence, no threat. Christians who willfully sin are inconsistent with what they profess to believe. Christians very often do not make great effort to be Christlike, which brings into question whether or not they are truly saved, and this includes the clergy. What one does after they are saved should be very different than before one is saved if one truly repents.

Atheists do do go around preaching atheism.
Christian organisations deliberately push their ill-gotten guilt and fear down the throats of the vulnerable and children who are not old enough to discriminate between proper authority and obscene lies.
To even suggest that this is no threat is about as disgusting, ignorant and arrogant as it gets. Like the writer of the OP I too was a victim at a very young age.

There is only a threat if you think someone can succeed in forcing their beliefs down your throat.
rnjs
Posts: 381
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 12:39:36 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/24/2016 1:40:01 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 9/24/2016 1:05:46 PM, rnjs wrote:
At 9/24/2016 12:39:17 PM, tarantula wrote:
I have no problem at all with moderate live and let live Christians who don't try to force their faith down the throats of other people. It is many of the ones who believe in the unpleasant 'born again' dogma who do my head in. I was brought up to believe if one didn't get 'saved' you would burn in hell, which is very abusive especially as there is not the slightest evidence to support such an unpleasant stance, the Bible certainly isn't evidence. Many of these people think once they are 'saved' they are always 'saved', whatever they do thereafter! That would explain why some of their lives don't bear scrutiny. The Pastor of our Pentecostal church touched me inappropriately when I was 14! A number of the congregation who were oh so holy on Sundays cheated on their partners, and their business dealings were less than honest!

On forums I have met a good number of the 'born again' mob over the years and quite a few behave in a disgusting fashion. On one forum on which I posted, several of the 'saved' members, and one in particular, dragged the faith through the mire with their bad behaviour, I am sure Jesus would be most proud of them if he was alive, NOT!!!!

There are Christians who are enthusiastic with their evangelising, but the same can be said for many atheists and evolutionists, but that is the wrong approach and is anti Biblical but that is a human failing not Christianity's. Nothing can be shoved down anyone's throat, unless they allow it to be, hence, no threat. Christians who willfully sin are inconsistent with what they profess to believe. Christians very often do not make great effort to be Christlike, which brings into question whether or not they are truly saved, and this includes the clergy. What one does after they are saved should be very different than before one is saved if one truly repents.

Enthusiastic about an evil god who would burn people in hell for unbelief, that is SICK!

No, enthusiastic about a loving and just God who has provided a way to avoid the burn.
Willows
Posts: 2,084
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 12:49:45 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/25/2016 12:37:08 PM, rnjs wrote:
At 9/24/2016 1:22:50 PM, Willows wrote:
At 9/24/2016 1:05:46 PM, rnjs wrote:
At 9/24/2016 12:39:17 PM, tarantula wrote:
I have no problem at all with moderate live and let live Christians who don't try to force their faith down the throats of other people. It is many of the ones who believe in the unpleasant 'born again' dogma who do my head in. I was brought up to believe if one didn't get 'saved' you would burn in hell, which is very abusive especially as there is not the slightest evidence to support such an unpleasant stance, the Bible certainly isn't evidence. Many of these people think once they are 'saved' they are always 'saved', whatever they do thereafter! That would explain why some of their lives don't bear scrutiny. The Pastor of our Pentecostal church touched me inappropriately when I was 14! A number of the congregation who were oh so holy on Sundays cheated on their partners, and their business dealings were less than honest!

On forums I have met a good number of the 'born again' mob over the years and quite a few behave in a disgusting fashion. On one forum on which I posted, several of the 'saved' members, and one in particular, dragged the faith through the mire with their bad behaviour, I am sure Jesus would be most proud of them if he was alive, NOT!!!!

There are Christians who are enthusiastic with their evangelising, but the same can be said for many atheists and evolutionists, but that is the wrong approach and is anti Biblical but that is a human failing not Christianity's. Nothing can be shoved down anyone's throat, unless they allow it to be, hence, no threat. Christians who willfully sin are inconsistent with what they profess to believe. Christians very often do not make great effort to be Christlike, which brings into question whether or not they are truly saved, and this includes the clergy. What one does after they are saved should be very different than before one is saved if one truly repents.

Atheists do do go around preaching atheism.
Christian organisations deliberately push their ill-gotten guilt and fear down the throats of the vulnerable and children who are not old enough to discriminate between proper authority and obscene lies.
To even suggest that this is no threat is about as disgusting, ignorant and arrogant as it gets. Like the writer of the OP I too was a victim at a very young age.

There is only a threat if you think someone can succeed in forcing their beliefs down your throat.

So do you think that a 10 year old child having to endure an elder pacing up and down in a fit of rage spouting off about the tortures of hell is something he is going to ignore?
As if it isn't enough to have guilt and fear pushed on children, you seem to think it is the fault of the child for being impressionable enough to take it onboard.

And does a kid with a d**k forced down his throat have any say in the matter?
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,641
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 2:31:07 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/25/2016 9:08:34 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/24/2016 5:54:43 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 9/24/2016 5:32:32 PM, RoderickSpode wrote:

I've lived in the San Francisco Bay Area for all of my life. Growing up, I've encountered numerous times where homosexuals attempted to proposition me, and even on a few occasions, place their hands on me in an obvious suggestive manner (including in a job interview). And I can tell you honestly, I have no ill feelings for the gay community whatsoever because of these instances. I don't associate any of those gay men I encountered with the gay community. In fact, I fully acknowledge that some of the nicest people I've met here in the Bay Area are gay. And yes, I am a Christian by the way. The men who I think acted inappropriately had their personal issues that as far as I'm concerned have nothing to do with the gay community as a whole. And I think you'd be dishonest if you claimed that you haven't met very nice, non-condemning Christians.

I would agree with you there, Rod, in that those who propositioned you had nothing to do with the gay community. In fact, there are therapy sessions many people attend because they have a problem with sex, they want it often and will act inappropriately to try and get it. This of course, is a gender neutral problem, that it affects both men and women.

If you live in the States, more than likely most Christians you encounter on a daily basis (the bank teller, grocery store clerk, etc.) don't even tell you they are Christian let alone push it on you. But here's the problem. Something you may not have considered. Sometimes people pursue Christians without the Christian saying anything other than at some point letting it be know they are a Christian. Some people think if Christians stay silent, there would be no conversions (and maybe Christianity would die out). Not so. There are people that come to Christians seeking answers without the Christian making any initial attempt to witness to them. Just because you, or a number of non-Christians have an issue with Christians (and/or Christianity) doesn't mean everyone else does

I've met many non-condemning Christians, for the most part, they are fairly straight up people who never talk about their faith at all, one would be hard pressed to distinguish their lifestyles from anyone else. They just feel their faith is no one's business but their own, that it is a personal and private affair. Nice people. They are the kind of people who support free speech and never abuse it.

What do you think should be done about Christianity since you think it's harmful?

Christianity, like any other personal and private affair, should be kept behind closed doors where it belongs and not out in public where it harms other people. Simple.

Like homosexuality?

Are you harmed by homosexuality, Anna? Do tell.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,641
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 2:33:14 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/25/2016 9:58:15 AM, graceofgod wrote:
At 9/25/2016 9:54:32 AM, desmac wrote:
At 9/25/2016 9:52:35 AM, graceofgod wrote:
At 9/24/2016 12:39:17 PM, tarantula wrote:
I have no problem at all with moderate live and let live Christians who don't try to force their faith down the throats of other people. It is many of the ones who believe in the unpleasant 'born again' dogma who do my head in. I was brought up to believe if one didn't get 'saved' you would burn in hell, which is very abusive especially as there is not the slightest evidence to support such an unpleasant stance, the Bible certainly isn't evidence. Many of these people think once they are 'saved' they are always 'saved', whatever they do thereafter! That would explain why some of their lives don't bear scrutiny. The Pastor of our Pentecostal church touched me inappropriately when I was 14! A number of the congregation who were oh so holy on Sundays cheated on their partners, and their business dealings were less than honest!

On forums I have met a good number of the 'born again' mob over the years and quite a few behave in a disgusting fashion. On one forum on which I posted, several of the 'saved' members, and one in particular, dragged the faith through the mire with their bad behaviour, I am sure Jesus would be most proud of them if he was alive, NOT!!!!

lol so why spend your time on a religion forum you idiot...

Spoken like a true christian.

yep, answered with truth and understanding...

how can anyone make a thread about Christians forcing their views when they spend all day in a religion forum... the person is an idiot...

What you spout when you force your beliefs down our throats is hate speech and the way to counter hate speech is with more speech.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,641
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 2:35:05 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/25/2016 10:09:44 AM, graceofgod wrote:
At 9/25/2016 10:07:09 AM, desmac wrote:
At 9/25/2016 10:02:57 AM, graceofgod wrote:
At 9/25/2016 10:01:15 AM, desmac wrote:
At 9/25/2016 9:58:15 AM, graceofgod wrote:
At 9/25/2016 9:54:32 AM, desmac wrote:
At 9/25/2016 9:52:35 AM, graceofgod wrote:
At 9/24/2016 12:39:17 PM, tarantula wrote:
I have no problem at all with moderate live and let live Christians who don't try to force their faith down the throats of other people. It is many of the ones who believe in the unpleasant 'born again' dogma who do my head in. I was brought up to believe if one didn't get 'saved' you would burn in hell, which is very abusive especially as there is not the slightest evidence to support such an unpleasant stance, the Bible certainly isn't evidence. Many of these people think once they are 'saved' they are always 'saved', whatever they do thereafter! That would explain why some of their lives don't bear scrutiny. The Pastor of our Pentecostal church touched me inappropriately when I was 14! A number of the congregation who were oh so holy on Sundays cheated on their partners, and their business dealings were less than honest!

On forums I have met a good number of the 'born again' mob over the years and quite a few behave in a disgusting fashion. On one forum on which I posted, several of the 'saved' members, and one in particular, dragged the faith through the mire with their bad behaviour, I am sure Jesus would be most proud of them if he was alive, NOT!!!!

lol so why spend your time on a religion forum you idiot...

Spoken like a true christian.

yep, answered with truth and understanding...

how can anyone make a thread about Christians forcing their views when they spend all day in a religion forum... the person is an idiot...

Again, one can just feel the love of one's neighbor oozing from the christians.

do you really think a Christian has to accept what everyone says about their beliefs, are you really that stupid...??

If they believe in talking snakes, global genocide and eternal damnation (inter alia) why should they not believe in free speech?

they do believe in freedom of speech do you...??

I think all gays are perverts and should be jailed??? would you accept that statement or defend the gays??

There is free speech and there is hate speech, you prefer the latter, which is an abuse of free speech.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,641
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 2:37:31 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/25/2016 10:09:44 AM, graceofgod wrote:

I think all gays are perverts and should be jailed???

At 9/25/2016 10:27:25 AM, graceofgod wrote:

I come on here because I have my faith and like to debate it...

now that is garbage and stupid...

Yes indeed, your faith is garbage and stupid.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
annanicole
Posts: 19,791
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 2:49:50 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/25/2016 2:31:07 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 9/25/2016 9:08:34 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/24/2016 5:54:43 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 9/24/2016 5:32:32 PM, RoderickSpode wrote:

I've lived in the San Francisco Bay Area for all of my life. Growing up, I've encountered numerous times where homosexuals attempted to proposition me, and even on a few occasions, place their hands on me in an obvious suggestive manner (including in a job interview). And I can tell you honestly, I have no ill feelings for the gay community whatsoever because of these instances. I don't associate any of those gay men I encountered with the gay community. In fact, I fully acknowledge that some of the nicest people I've met here in the Bay Area are gay. And yes, I am a Christian by the way. The men who I think acted inappropriately had their personal issues that as far as I'm concerned have nothing to do with the gay community as a whole. And I think you'd be dishonest if you claimed that you haven't met very nice, non-condemning Christians.

I would agree with you there, Rod, in that those who propositioned you had nothing to do with the gay community. In fact, there are therapy sessions many people attend because they have a problem with sex, they want it often and will act inappropriately to try and get it. This of course, is a gender neutral problem, that it affects both men and women.

If you live in the States, more than likely most Christians you encounter on a daily basis (the bank teller, grocery store clerk, etc.) don't even tell you they are Christian let alone push it on you. But here's the problem. Something you may not have considered. Sometimes people pursue Christians without the Christian saying anything other than at some point letting it be know they are a Christian. Some people think if Christians stay silent, there would be no conversions (and maybe Christianity would die out). Not so. There are people that come to Christians seeking answers without the Christian making any initial attempt to witness to them. Just because you, or a number of non-Christians have an issue with Christians (and/or Christianity) doesn't mean everyone else does

I've met many non-condemning Christians, for the most part, they are fairly straight up people who never talk about their faith at all, one would be hard pressed to distinguish their lifestyles from anyone else. They just feel their faith is no one's business but their own, that it is a personal and private affair. Nice people. They are the kind of people who support free speech and never abuse it.

What do you think should be done about Christianity since you think it's harmful?

Christianity, like any other personal and private affair, should be kept behind closed doors where it belongs and not out in public where it harms other people. Simple.

Like homosexuality?

Are you harmed by homosexuality, Anna? Do tell.

Just as much as you are harmed by Christianity. Why don't you inform us of these ills that you have suffered?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
graceofgod
Posts: 5,101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 2:49:51 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/25/2016 2:33:14 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 9/25/2016 9:58:15 AM, graceofgod wrote:
At 9/25/2016 9:54:32 AM, desmac wrote:
At 9/25/2016 9:52:35 AM, graceofgod wrote:
At 9/24/2016 12:39:17 PM, tarantula wrote:
I have no problem at all with moderate live and let live Christians who don't try to force their faith down the throats of other people. It is many of the ones who believe in the unpleasant 'born again' dogma who do my head in. I was brought up to believe if one didn't get 'saved' you would burn in hell, which is very abusive especially as there is not the slightest evidence to support such an unpleasant stance, the Bible certainly isn't evidence. Many of these people think once they are 'saved' they are always 'saved', whatever they do thereafter! That would explain why some of their lives don't bear scrutiny. The Pastor of our Pentecostal church touched me inappropriately when I was 14! A number of the congregation who were oh so holy on Sundays cheated on their partners, and their business dealings were less than honest!

On forums I have met a good number of the 'born again' mob over the years and quite a few behave in a disgusting fashion. On one forum on which I posted, several of the 'saved' members, and one in particular, dragged the faith through the mire with their bad behaviour, I am sure Jesus would be most proud of them if he was alive, NOT!!!!

lol so why spend your time on a religion forum you idiot...

Spoken like a true christian.

yep, answered with truth and understanding...

how can anyone make a thread about Christians forcing their views when they spend all day in a religion forum... the person is an idiot...

What you spout when you force your beliefs down our throats is hate speech and the way to counter hate speech is with more speech.

So don't come on a religion forum..

but the real hate speech is on our tv, news... the hate speech that says you must accept homosexuality or you are a bigot....
graceofgod
Posts: 5,101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 2:52:00 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/25/2016 2:37:31 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 9/25/2016 10:09:44 AM, graceofgod wrote:

I think all gays are perverts and should be jailed???

At 9/25/2016 10:27:25 AM, graceofgod wrote:

I come on here because I have my faith and like to debate it...

now that is garbage and stupid...

Yes indeed, your faith is garbage and stupid.

still nothing to offer to a debate, why do you bother.. apart from spreading your gay agenda and your hate..
RoderickSpode
Posts: 2,384
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 3:00:04 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/24/2016 5:54:43 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 9/24/2016 5:32:32 PM, RoderickSpode wrote:

I've lived in the San Francisco Bay Area for all of my life. Growing up, I've encountered numerous times where homosexuals attempted to proposition me, and even on a few occasions, place their hands on me in an obvious suggestive manner (including in a job interview). And I can tell you honestly, I have no ill feelings for the gay community whatsoever because of these instances. I don't associate any of those gay men I encountered with the gay community. In fact, I fully acknowledge that some of the nicest people I've met here in the Bay Area are gay. And yes, I am a Christian by the way. The men who I think acted inappropriately had their personal issues that as far as I'm concerned have nothing to do with the gay community as a whole. And I think you'd be dishonest if you claimed that you haven't met very nice, non-condemning Christians.

I would agree with you there, Rod, in that those who propositioned you had nothing to do with the gay community. In fact, there are therapy sessions many people attend because they have a problem with sex, they want it often and will act inappropriately to try and get it. This of course, is a gender neutral problem, that it affects both men and women.

Of course. But I can tell you from experience, some people who are considered homophobic do have hatred for homosexuals/homosexuality because they at some point had been sexually abused. I think this is often overlooked. It seems to be largely assumed that homophobia is based on religion alone, or maybe some a bit more open minded might include hyper-machismo culture.
If you live in the States, more than likely most Christians you encounter on a daily basis (the bank teller, grocery store clerk, etc.) don't even tell you they are Christian let alone push it on you. But here's the problem. Something you may not have considered. Sometimes people pursue Christians without the Christian saying anything other than at some point letting it be know they are a Christian. Some people think if Christians stay silent, there would be no conversions (and maybe Christianity would die out). Not so. There are people that come to Christians seeking answers without the Christian making any initial attempt to witness to them. Just because you, or a number of non-Christians have an issue with Christians (and/or Christianity) doesn't mean everyone else does

I've met many non-condemning Christians, for the most part, they are fairly straight up people who never talk about their faith at all, one would be hard pressed to distinguish their lifestyles from anyone else. They just feel their faith is no one's business but their own, that it is a personal and private affair. Nice people. They are the kind of people who support free speech and never abuse it.

What do you think should be done about Christianity since you think it's harmful?

Christianity, like any other personal and private affair, should be kept behind closed doors where it belongs and not out in public where it harms other people. Simple.
This presents a problem because as I stated, it's not always Christians that pursue non-believers. Some times it's the other way around. Probably in most cases it's the other way around if we consider non-believers who take the initiative to attend a church. You may not have a problem with it working the other way around, but inevitably there are going to be converts who will be those standing on a street corner handing out Gospel message tracts which I don't think you approve of.

My question to the OP wasn't what Christians should do, but what society (or authority) should do since the OP thinks Christianity is basically poison.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,641
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 3:02:27 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/25/2016 2:49:51 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 9/25/2016 2:33:14 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 9/25/2016 9:58:15 AM, graceofgod wrote:
At 9/25/2016 9:54:32 AM, desmac wrote:
At 9/25/2016 9:52:35 AM, graceofgod wrote:
At 9/24/2016 12:39:17 PM, tarantula wrote:
I have no problem at all with moderate live and let live Christians who don't try to force their faith down the throats of other people. It is many of the ones who believe in the unpleasant 'born again' dogma who do my head in. I was brought up to believe if one didn't get 'saved' you would burn in hell, which is very abusive especially as there is not the slightest evidence to support such an unpleasant stance, the Bible certainly isn't evidence. Many of these people think once they are 'saved' they are always 'saved', whatever they do thereafter! That would explain why some of their lives don't bear scrutiny. The Pastor of our Pentecostal church touched me inappropriately when I was 14! A number of the congregation who were oh so holy on Sundays cheated on their partners, and their business dealings were less than honest!

On forums I have met a good number of the 'born again' mob over the years and quite a few behave in a disgusting fashion. On one forum on which I posted, several of the 'saved' members, and one in particular, dragged the faith through the mire with their bad behaviour, I am sure Jesus would be most proud of them if he was alive, NOT!!!!

lol so why spend your time on a religion forum you idiot...

Spoken like a true christian.

yep, answered with truth and understanding...

how can anyone make a thread about Christians forcing their views when they spend all day in a religion forum... the person is an idiot...

What you spout when you force your beliefs down our throats is hate speech and the way to counter hate speech is with more speech.

So don't come on a religion forum..

But, that's how your hate speech gets countered.

but the real hate speech is on our tv, news... the hate speech that says you must accept homosexuality or you are a bigot....

Yes, more lies from you in the form of a childish anecdote. You can never actually form a coherent argument and instead offer us, "I know you are but what am I". You have the debating skills of a ten year old.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
graceofgod
Posts: 5,101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 3:03:36 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/25/2016 3:02:27 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 9/25/2016 2:49:51 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 9/25/2016 2:33:14 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 9/25/2016 9:58:15 AM, graceofgod wrote:
At 9/25/2016 9:54:32 AM, desmac wrote:
At 9/25/2016 9:52:35 AM, graceofgod wrote:
At 9/24/2016 12:39:17 PM, tarantula wrote:
I have no problem at all with moderate live and let live Christians who don't try to force their faith down the throats of other people. It is many of the ones who believe in the unpleasant 'born again' dogma who do my head in. I was brought up to believe if one didn't get 'saved' you would burn in hell, which is very abusive especially as there is not the slightest evidence to support such an unpleasant stance, the Bible certainly isn't evidence. Many of these people think once they are 'saved' they are always 'saved', whatever they do thereafter! That would explain why some of their lives don't bear scrutiny. The Pastor of our Pentecostal church touched me inappropriately when I was 14! A number of the congregation who were oh so holy on Sundays cheated on their partners, and their business dealings were less than honest!

On forums I have met a good number of the 'born again' mob over the years and quite a few behave in a disgusting fashion. On one forum on which I posted, several of the 'saved' members, and one in particular, dragged the faith through the mire with their bad behaviour, I am sure Jesus would be most proud of them if he was alive, NOT!!!!

lol so why spend your time on a religion forum you idiot...

Spoken like a true christian.

yep, answered with truth and understanding...

how can anyone make a thread about Christians forcing their views when they spend all day in a religion forum... the person is an idiot...

What you spout when you force your beliefs down our throats is hate speech and the way to counter hate speech is with more speech.

So don't come on a religion forum..

But, that's how your hate speech gets countered.

but the real hate speech is on our tv, news... the hate speech that says you must accept homosexuality or you are a bigot....

Yes, more lies from you in the form of a childish anecdote. You can never actually form a coherent argument and instead offer us, "I know you are but what am I". You have the debating skills of a ten year old.

hang on you started it kindergarten boy...lol