Jump to topic:

God of the bible is funny

illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 4:58:34 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
Don't eat bacon, kill them, kill them if they eat bacon.

It's the law, the highest law, the law of a holy, just, perfect God, least his wrath consumes you.

Person 1: Well I caught Jim here eating bacon.
Person 2: Well I guess we have to kill them now.

Some times passes

God: Tell em it's okey to eat bacon now.

LMFAO.

This was bought to you by, it's so totally true and not made up by your fellow humans what so ever.
Skeptical1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 5:43:46 AM
At 9/25/2016 4:58:34 AM, illegalcombat wrote:

It's the law, the highest law, the law of a holy, just, perfect God, least his wrath consumes you.

Some times passes

LMFAO.

This was bought to you by, it's so totally true and not made up by your fellow humans what so ever.

I don't believe in the Almighty, however I do believe there is a good case to be made for executing those who eat bacon :)
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 6:23:54 AM
At 9/25/2016 5:43:46 AM, Skeptical1 wrote:

Some times passes

LMFAO.

I don't believe in the Almighty, however I do believe there is a good case to be made for executing those who eat bacon :)

They don't need to be executed. Anyone who eats a lot of bacon is dying a slow death anyway. :-)
Skeptical1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 6:25:26 AM
At 9/25/2016 6:23:54 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 9/25/2016 5:43:46 AM, Skeptical1 wrote:

Some times passes

LMFAO.

They don't need to be executed. Anyone who eats a lot of bacon is dying a slow death anyway. :-)

Hehe - point accepted.
keithprosser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 9:26:48 AM
There are a few theories about the dietary laws, including ones about the various diseases carried by pigs and other unclean animals, but I favour the idea that the Hebrew avoided pig meat(etc) because their neighbours did not. Various taboos in the Bible seem to refer to what non-hebrews did, such as yoking a donkey with an ox for ploughing and mixing different types of cloth.
Such taboos would establish and maintain a cultural barrier between the Hebrew and their neighbours(particularly the Canaanites), reducing the risk of Hebrew culture culture being diluted and losing its distinct identity, a prime concern of the Hebrew priesthood.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 9:39:20 AM

Some times passes

LMFAO.

old testament rules... you clearly know nothing of God's Grace..

you are not condemned by what you eat and drink...

mind you if you look for idiot reasons like you anything will do I guess..lol
Skeptical1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 9:43:26 AM
At 9/25/2016 9:39:20 AM, graceofgod wrote:

Some times passes

LMFAO.

What's also funny is God's grace just happens to kick in whenever the social progress of the time won't tolerate barbaric practices any longer.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 9:46:53 AM
At 9/25/2016 9:43:26 AM, Skeptical1 wrote:

Some times passes

LMFAO.

What's also funny is God's grace just happens to kick in whenever the social progress of the time won't tolerate barbaric practices any longer.

no it's just that rules were given for a certain time, I don't expect you to understand or want to understand...
Skeptical1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 9:53:31 AM
At 9/25/2016 9:46:53 AM, graceofgod wrote:

Some times passes

LMFAO.

no it's just that rules were given for a certain time, I don't expect you to understand or want to understand...

Yes, the coming of Jesus ushered in the new covenant, etc., etc. Suddenly it wasn't ok to kill your kids for talking back. What was the event that ushered in the age where it wasn't ok to burn witches and heretics at the stake? Or is that still ok, we just find it a little distasteful?
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 9:56:25 AM
At 9/25/2016 9:53:31 AM, Skeptical1 wrote:

Some times passes

LMFAO.

Yes, the coming of Jesus ushered in the new covenant, etc., etc. Suddenly it wasn't ok to kill your kids for talking back. What was the event that ushered in the age where it wasn't ok to burn witches and heretics at the stake? Or is that still ok, we just find it a little distasteful?

lol do you really think God wants witches burnt or heretics...??

when is the last time you saw either being burnt any way??

where do you get your idiotic ideas from, are you another one with a bias that blinds you to anything other than what men tell you is ok??
Skeptical1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 10:00:50 AM
At 9/25/2016 9:56:25 AM, graceofgod wrote:

Some times passes

LMFAO.

where do you get your idiotic ideas from, are you another one with a bias that blinds you to anything other than what men tell you is ok??

From history books, actually. In so far as I know, the last witch burnt (in the UK at least) by the church was in 1727. But hundreds, if not thousands of people were killed for religious reasons during the 14th-18th centuries. That's a long time after Jesus changed the rules. So when did the new rules that stopped all that come in? Or was it the Enlightenment that achieved that, and not a decree of God after all?
keithprosser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 10:02:05 AM
What happened is Christianity dropped many of its specifically Hebrew/Jewish elements- such as its strict dietary laws and mandatory circumcision- to facilitate it's growth in the non-jewish world outside Palestine. The doctrinal battle between traditional, Judaic Christianity and outward-looking reformers such as Paul is mentioned in the book of acts.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 10:05:56 AM
At 9/25/2016 10:00:50 AM, Skeptical1 wrote:

Some times passes

LMFAO.

From history books, actually. In so far as I know, the last witch burnt (in the UK at least) by the church was in 1727. But hundreds, if not thousands of people were killed for religious reasons during the 14th-18th centuries. That's a long time after Jesus changed the rules. So when did the new rules that stopped all that come in? Or was it the Enlightenment that achieved that, and not a decree of God after all?

by the church, which church, do they actually represent God, did God tell them to do it, how did he tell them to do it...

the witch burnings were no more about God's will than the crusades??

are you really that naive...
Skeptical1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 10:11:08 AM
At 9/25/2016 10:05:56 AM, graceofgod wrote:

Some times passes

LMFAO.

by the church, which church, do they actually represent God, did God tell them to do it, how did he tell them to do it...

Actually, I'm not naive at all, but if the insults make you feel better, by all means carry on.

Pretty much all the churches burnt people for heresy, for witchcraft, for translating the Bible into English (that's a good on, eh?). It wasn't the Catholics that presided over the Salem Witch trials. The Puritans have their fair share of blood on their hands, as did the reformers in Europe. All of them claimed they were representing God, and God told them to do it. His word said so - "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live."
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 10:17:09 AM
At 9/25/2016 10:11:08 AM, Skeptical1 wrote:

Some times passes

LMFAO.

Actually, I'm not naive at all, but if the insults make you feel better, by all means carry on.

Pretty much all the churches burnt people for heresy, for witchcraft, for translating the Bible into English (that's a good on, eh?). It wasn't the Catholics that presided over the Salem Witch trials. The Puritans have their fair share of blood on their hands, as did the reformers in Europe. All of them claimed they were representing God, and God told them to do it. His word said so - "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live."

and so you lump the church in to one thing, the church according to God are the people, not the groups that ascend themselves to a position of authority, if you bother to read the bible you will notice the ones Jesus has most to say about are the jewish leaders and teachers, I guess you never bothered reading that bit...

People have used the so called "church" as a power over people, they have used it as a tool to unite people in to what they want them to do...
tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 10:18:52 AM

Some times passes

LMFAO.

I would never describe the god featured in the Bible as funny, but an evil psycho if it exists!
Skeptical1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 11:03:59 AM
At 9/25/2016 10:17:09 AM, graceofgod wrote:

Some times passes

LMFAO.

and so you lump the church in to one thing, the church according to God are the people, not the groups that ascend themselves to a position of authority, if you bother to read the bible you will notice the ones Jesus has most to say about are the jewish leaders and teachers, I guess you never bothered reading that bit...

People have used the so called "church" as a power over people, they have used it as a tool to unite people in to what they want them to do...

Hallelujah, at last you got something right.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 3:27:23 PM
At 9/25/2016 11:03:59 AM, Skeptical1 wrote:
At 9/25/2016 10:17:09 AM, graceofgod wrote:

Some times passes

LMFAO.

Hallelujah, at last you got something right.

thank you, so now you can stop saying witch burning and the crusades had anything to do with God...

see you can still learn things...
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 3:30:39 PM

Some times passes

LMFAO.

It's very easy to understand, those rules were written by ignorant, barbaric men of that time. Duh.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth