Total Posts:133|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why are people so frightened of believers??

graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 10:00:17 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
Why spend all day in a religion forum if you don't like religion??

would you spend all day in a nascar forum telling them that nascar is rubbish??
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 10:04:28 AM
At 9/25/2016 10:00:17 AM, graceofgod wrote:

Because, unlike nascar followers, believers have spent thousands of years burning "heretics", and otherwise murdering people who don't share their beliefs.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 10:07:58 AM
At 9/25/2016 10:04:28 AM, desmac wrote:

Because, unlike nascar followers, believers have spent thousands of years burning "heretics", and otherwise murdering people who don't share their beliefs.

So you think you are on some unholy crusade by coming on a religion forum..lol

now I have heard it all...
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 10:10:24 AM
At 9/25/2016 10:07:58 AM, graceofgod wrote:

I just come here for the lulz of watching goddists defending their inanity. Keep up the good work. Comedy gold.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 10:13:13 AM
At 9/25/2016 10:10:24 AM, desmac wrote:

I just come here for the lulz of watching goddists defending their inanity. Keep up the good work. Comedy gold.

ha ha ha you have a sad little life and your bias brings you hear to try and stop people expressing their own opinions...

please don't try to make yourself sound like you are on any type of quest other than disruption...

get outside for a while, get a life , it might be nice to have real friends, give it a try...
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 10:14:19 AM

Because you people will be ridiculously funny whenever you try to defend the fairy tales you believe in.
tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 10:16:17 AM

I don't spend all day on this forum or any other forum, I pop in from time to time during the day. I am not frightened of believers but will challenge the extremes of Christianity, which can be abusive and damaging as I know to my cost.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 10:19:13 AM
At 9/25/2016 10:13:13 AM, graceofgod wrote:

ha ha ha you have a sad little life and your bias brings you hear to try and stop people expressing their own opinions...

please don't try to make yourself sound like you are on any type of quest other than disruption...

get outside for a while, get a life , it might be nice to have real friends, give it a try...

Who's expression of opinion, have I attempted to stop?

I am on no quest other than my own entertainment.
I spend a large amount of time in the glorious local countryside, which is best viewed in daylight, and have a large circle of friends, both online and IRL.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 10:25:17 AM
At 9/25/2016 10:16:17 AM, tarantula wrote:

I don't spend all day on this forum or any other forum, I pop in from time to time during the day. I am not frightened of believers but will challenge the extremes of Christianity, which can be abusive and damaging as I know to my cost.

lol you are frightened of believers, because you lost your faith, you want to encourage others away, misery loves company....

quite sad really, to most believers it brings stability, peace and joy and because of your experience you would try to deny others those things...

who knows why or how you fell out with God, we can only speculate...
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 10:29:02 AM
At 9/25/2016 10:19:13 AM, desmac wrote:

I spend a large amount of time in the glorious local countryside, which is best viewed in daylight, and have a large circle of friends, both online and IRL.

lol you are in here all the time, you probably don't even look out the window..

you are in here like quite a few are, to spread your gay agenda...lol
Skeptical1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 10:29:11 AM
At 9/25/2016 10:25:17 AM, graceofgod wrote:

lol you are frightened of believers, because you lost your faith, you want to encourage others away, misery loves company....

quite sad really, to most believers it brings stability, peace and joy and because of your experience you would try to deny others those things...

Call me crazy, but...... one would assume that on a site named debate.org, a forum called "religion" would be for debating religion. Perhaps the site creator should have been clearer when creating and naming the online prayer group?
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 10:31:58 AM
At 9/25/2016 10:29:02 AM, graceofgod wrote:

Just like all your myths and lies, I assume you will produce no evidence to support your claims.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 10:38:01 AM
At 9/25/2016 10:29:11 AM, Skeptical1 wrote:

Call me crazy, but...... one would assume that on a site named debate.org, a forum called "religion" would be for debating religion. Perhaps the site creator should have been clearer when creating and naming the online prayer group?

I will call you crazy...lol

but don't you think it is more than a little odd how people who claim to be so against religion, on logic grounds, nothing to do with being gay or anything, would spend all day on a forum about the very thing they claim to hate...

A debate forum is for debate, not just slagging off because you don't like it as it doesn't agree with how you want to live your lifestyle...

Personally I can't stand jamie oliver, i switch over any time I see him on tv or on any adds or mentioned in papers...

I wouldn't dream of finding a jamie oliver website and spending all day trying to convince those who like him that they shouldn't...
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 10:42:19 AM
At 9/25/2016 10:31:58 AM, desmac wrote:

Just like all your myths and lies, I assume you will produce no evidence to support your claims.

logic dictates if you spend all your time in here, going for long walks and meeting with a large circle of friends is unlikely....

you have often spoken in defence of gays, yes you could be such a warm wonderful person that you defend everyone but let's face it that is unlikely... and you hate God and believers...

no I haven't got a photo of you sat in your front room, surrounded with pizza boxes and holding your boyfriends hand if that is the sort of evidence you are looking for...
Skeptical1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 10:43:18 AM
At 9/25/2016 10:38:01 AM, graceofgod wrote:

but don't you think it is more than a little odd how people who claim to be so against religion, on logic grounds, nothing to do with being gay or anything, would spend all day on a forum about the very thing they claim to hate...

A debate forum is for debate, not just slagging off because you don't like it as it doesn't agree with how you want to live your lifestyle...

Personally I can't stand jamie oliver, i switch over any time I see him on tv or on any adds or mentioned in papers...

I wouldn't dream of finding a jamie oliver website and spending all day trying to convince those who like him that they shouldn't...

For starters - you're assuming ownership of the forum topic because it contains the word "religion". But since this site is all about debating, it seems natural that the purpose of the forum is to debate religion. It's not made just for the holy rollers. So it's not like we have gatecrashed your party.

For that matter, if all you want to do is swap heart-warming stories with those of a similar mindset, why aren't you somewhere else?

Perhaps some of us just like to practice our skills - you never know when you'll bump into a little old lady on her way to church, and just want to completely wreck her day :)
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 10:44:44 AM
At 9/25/2016 10:42:19 AM, graceofgod wrote:

logic dictates if you spend all your time in here, going for long walks and meeting with a large circle of friends is unlikely....

you have often spoken in defence of gays, yes you could be such a warm wonderful person that you defend everyone but let's face it that is unlikely... and you hate God and believers...

no I haven't got a photo of you sat in your front room, surrounded with pizza boxes and holding your boyfriends hand if that is the sort of evidence you are looking for...

As I surmised, absolutely no evidence for your peculiar little fantasy world.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 10:47:07 AM
At 9/25/2016 10:43:18 AM, Skeptical1 wrote:

For starters - you're assuming ownership of the forum topic because it contains the word "religion". But since this site is all about debating, it seems natural that the purpose of the forum is to debate religion. It's not made just for the holy rollers. So it's not like we have gatecrashed your party.

For that matter, if all you want to do is swap heart-warming stories with those of a similar mindset, why aren't you somewhere else?

Perhaps some of us just like to practice our skills - you never know when you'll bump into a little old lady on her way to church, and just want to completely wreck her day :)

you haven't gatecrashed anything but it stands if you are so against religion, why spend all your time in a religion forum..

I want to debate faith, that's why I joined a forum and go in the religion forum..

that would be about right but let's hope that little old lady brings you in to the light...

at least you admit your real reason for being in a religion forum to destroy someones faith, that must seem really satisfying for you..lol
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 10:48:26 AM
At 9/25/2016 10:44:44 AM, desmac wrote:

lol, as I surmised, looking for evidence that only you would accept, where all the gays reside....
Skeptical1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 10:48:52 AM
At 9/25/2016 10:47:07 AM, graceofgod wrote:

you haven't gatecrashed anything but it stands if you are so against religion, why spend all your time in a religion forum..

I want to debate faith, that's why I joined a forum and go in the religion forum..

that would be about right but let's hope that little old lady brings you in to the light...

at least you admit your real reason for being in a religion forum to destroy someones faith, that must seem really satisfying for you..lol

Well, you know.... if I can save one non-existent soul, my life will have meaning ;-)
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 10:52:10 AM
At 9/25/2016 10:48:26 AM, graceofgod wrote:

lol, as I surmised, looking for evidence that only you would accept, where all the gays reside....

Just looking for any evidence at all. You, as usual, provide nothing but conjecture. bias confirmation, lies and bigotry.
In fact the typical religionist answer.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 10:52:44 AM
At 9/25/2016 10:48:52 AM, Skeptical1 wrote:

Well, you know.... if I can save one non-existent soul, my life will have meaning ;-)

don't worry, your life will never have meaning..lol
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 10:54:28 AM
At 9/25/2016 10:52:10 AM, desmac wrote:

Just looking for any evidence at all. You, as usual, provide nothing but conjecture. bias confirmation, lies and bigotry.

bigotry, like your bigotry towards believers..lol

you are quite a hypocrite....
Skeptical1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 10:57:06 AM
At 9/25/2016 10:52:44 AM, graceofgod wrote:

It will have whatever meaning I give it - and that won't be someone else's idea of what I should do as a dress rehearsal for the "real" thing to come.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 11:00:48 AM
At 9/25/2016 10:57:06 AM, Skeptical1 wrote:
At 9/25/2016 10:52:44 AM, graceofgod wrote:

It will have whatever meaning I give it - and that won't be someone else's idea of what I should do as a dress rehearsal for the "real" thing to come.

no trust me your life will never have meaning.....
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 11:05:13 AM

So you spend all of your time in here and lead a pathetically meaningless life.
If you kill yourself you can go str8 to a paradisaical and still meaningless life, give it a go.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 11:11:48 AM
At 9/25/2016 10:54:28 AM, graceofgod wrote:
At 9/25/2016 10:52:10 AM, desmac wrote:

bigotry, like your bigotry towards believers..lol

you are quite a hypocrite....

"I think all gays are perverts and should be jailed??? "
The above is a direct quote from gog , yet he accuses me of bigotry.
keithprosser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 11:24:29 AM
I keep hoping for an interesting discussion of religion from a historical/social/political perspective.

Optimistic, aren't I?
illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 12:24:59 PM

Your just being wilfully stupid here.

You know damm well religious belief and it's consequences can't be compared to say a jamie oliver fan.

https://www.youtube.com...
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 2:47:05 PM

Because there are people like you who spout hate speech and lies, and the only way to combat hate speech and lies is with more speech and facts.

Nascar is not doing the same thing you're doing.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 2:48:23 PM

And, here we have your usual hatred of others and lies. Lots of evidence for others to come on to these forums to combat.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth