Jump to topic:

the woman of the apocalypse

lightseeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 7:49:16 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
"A great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head. Revelation 12:1 "

She gave birth to a son, a male child, who "will rule all the nations with an iron scepter." And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne. Revelation 12:5 "

there are good signs to indicate that this woman, is Fatima, the daughter of prophet Muhammad.

we have 12 Imams, and our last Imam is believed to be the messiah who will fill the world with justice and will rule over all people of the world.

but it might just be me deciphering it as I want.

so I ask Christians to give their Ideas about the Identity of that woman. thank you :)
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 10:28:52 PM
At 9/25/2016 7:49:16 PM, lightseeker wrote:
"A great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head. Revelation 12:1 "

She gave birth to a son, a male child, who "will rule all the nations with an iron scepter." And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne. Revelation 12:5 "

there are good signs to indicate that this woman, is Fatima, the daughter of prophet Muhammad.

we have 12 Imams, and our last Imam is believed to be the messiah who will fill the world with justice and will rule over all people of the world.

so I ask Christians to give their Ideas about the Identity of that woman. thank you :)

why would the bible have anything to do with the koran they are not the same God..
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2016 4:07:49 AM
At 9/25/2016 7:49:16 PM, lightseeker wrote:

Mary.

Remember that there were no chapters and verses to the texts when they were written, those were added later. So if we look in the preceding verse:

"Then God's temple in heaven was opened, and within his temple was seen the ark of his covenant. And there came flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder, an earthquake and a severe hailstorm."

So the preceding verse is talking about the Ark of the Covenant, something the Jews had been longing to retrieve, something that would have every Jew on the edge of their seat. Then it goes on to talk about a woman... the woman is the new ark. Just as Moses was a prefigurement to Jesus, so was the ark to Mary.

The ark contained:

The 10 Commandments (the word of God)
The Rod of Aaron (Kingship)
Golden Jar of Manna (Heavenly food)

Jesus was the perfection of these things, he was the living word of God, King of Kings, and the bread of life. The inanimate Ark of the covenant held inanimate versions of these objects. Whereas, Mary, the living ark, held the living embodiment of these things when pregnant with Jesus.

This theory is well supported when on compares Mary to the Ark.

In the Old Testament the glory cloud overshadowed the ark. This same phrase was used when the Holy Spirit overshadowed Mary when she conceived Jesus.

In the Old Testament, the ark was travelling to Jerusalem, but remained in the hill country of Judea for 3 months. Mary travelled to the hill country and remained with Elizabeth for 3 months.

I can go on, but it is pretty apparent that Mary is the Woman referred to in Genesis and is the woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars.